Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

She unzips her dog costume as Luke stares, horrified.

@Daniel: They're usually pretty anvillicious about clues like that. Their musical cues are borderline manipulative. I think we would've seen something to make us side-eye before now, you think? Plus I don't think they'd do something as obvi as the same last name... just my .02.

12 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

You are all making me giggle with your alternative CM scenarios. Would make one hell of a DVD extra.

And Roxy actually reveals she's a cat not a dog.

Trans-specieism...that's a new one.

9 minutes ago, Franky said:

She unzips her dog costume as Luke stares, horrified.

@Daniel: They're usually pretty anvillicious about clues like that. Their musical cues are borderline manipulative. I think we would've seen something to make us side-eye before now, you think? Plus I don't think they'd do something as obvi as the same last name... just my .02.

You're probably right about that, except I don't think the last name part would take too much work for the writers, so I could see them doing it.

6 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Oops. Thanks. I corrected it.

Having said that...

I hope I won't get too roasted for this, but it's 2016...at least greater society has acknowledged transgender people exist. We're still working on getting Hollywood to acknowledge that (beyond making transgender people the butt of a joke).

So maybe making Tara Peter's brother isn't so far-fetched an idea after all...we'd get a bit of The Manchurian Candidate alongside The Crying Game. It could be all kinds of fun.

I agree about Hollywood acknowledging people nowadays, sometimes it seems they are still living in the 50's.

Aside of that and please take no offence, I couldn't help thinking of "Tootsie" while I was reading your idea of Tara as the (lost) brother of Peter Lewis.

• Love 1
On 30/11/2016 at 1:02 AM, MMC said:

To be perfectly honest, I would have to say I'd probably resent the fact that a story line that was originally meant for Hotch would be given to Tara Lewis. I guess it really doesn't matter though, since this will probably be a no watch episode for me. I have yet to warm up to her character plus I don't expect there to be much in the way of Reid in this episode.

I can't stop rethinking about your statement, even when I am glad they're pointing Mr. Scratch's malevolence in another direction, I've always had a soft spot for Sean and the unexplored relationship between the two brothers. I will comfort myself thinking the chance of success for that storyline would have been quite low.

On 11/29/2016 at 7:02 PM, MMC said:

To be perfectly honest, I would have to say I'd probably resent the fact that a story line that was originally meant for Hotch would be given to Tara Lewis. I guess it really doesn't matter though, since this will probably be a no watch episode for me. I have yet to warm up to her character plus I don't expect there to be much in the way of Reid in this episode.

Well having Joe direct it is the kiss of death for the episode if you ask me.

• Love 3

I've been seeing people saying that Reid is going to be missing from the next three episodes and am curious where you heard or seen it.  Only reason I'm asking is because on Spoiler tv he is in two of the promo pictures for episode 1208.

Edited by CrimeFan12

I think the people who assumed he would be out for episodes eight through 10 were just extrapolating from last year. Because yeah, we had already seen evidence Matthew was in episode eight, at least in part. But he is definitely not in episodes nine and 10. 

Spoiler

O-kayyy this site has been doing wonky things and I don't know why that spoiler thingy is up there but...

Matthew is contractually allowed most of October off, now. It's been that way for a couple of seasons. It's his favorite time of year and he spends it traveling and hanging out with fam.

Hence, his absence from the show for a few eps.

2 minutes ago, Franky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

O-kayyy this site has been doing wonky things and I don't know why that spoiler thingy is up there but...

Matthew is contractually allowed most of October off, now. It's been that way for a couple of seasons. It's his favorite time of year and he spends it traveling and hanging out with fam.

Hence, his absence from the show for a few eps.

Cool.  I know he asked for some time off last year and I was cool with that.  I didn't boycott the episodes because he chose to take the time.  Good for him that he is doing it again this year.  

I also thought it funny that some NHNW people were claiming the rating were going to tank when Gubler bowed out of the show in episode 1213 simply since it was titled after Reid...lol.  But since Harry posted a picture with him standing on a chair at the table read for 1214 I don't think that is going to happen. ;-)

• Love 2

I have always wondered if they made the connection between Blake's son being named Ethan and Reid's old friend being named Ethan. Or if they didn't even remember and it was just a coincidence. I can't think of why they would give them the same name if it wasn't an accident though.

major coincidence. Blake's son was 10 when he died. Blake the dude who went to school when Reid did was somewhere in his 30s, maybe late 20s.

And they've used 'same name' lots of times, off the top of my head: Owen Savage/"Elephant's Memory" & Owen McGregor/"Angels and Demons" Owen Kim/"Somebody's Watching" ; Peter Coleman/"Angels and Demons" Peter Lewis/"Mr Scratch"; Lila Archer/"Somebody's Watching Lila Bradstone/"Proof"  and I'm sure there many, many more.

Edited by ReidFan
typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

major coincidence. Blake's son was 10 when he died. Blake the dude who went to school when Reid did was somewhere in his 30s, maybe late 20s.

And they've used 'same name' lots of times, off the top of my head: Owen Savage/"Elephant's Memory" & Owen McGregor/"Angels and Demons" Owen Kim/"Somebody's Watching" ; Peter Coleman/"Angels and Demons" Peter Lewis/"Mr Scratch"; Lila Archer/"Somebody's Watching Lily Bradstone/"Proof"  and I'm sure there many, many more.

I wonder why we got Tara Lewis when we already had Peter Lewis -- can't understand the reasoning for making Lewis the last name of the new profiler, when it was already the name of an active Unsub.

Plus the two that have always stumped me: "Aaron" and "Erin."  I mean, why?

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Droogie said:

so Mark Hamill would have that great line in "The Replicator", talking to Rossi on the phone, "Does it ever get confusing, Rossi, the Erin Aaron thing?"

• Love 5

Another name they've used at least twice: Cooper. This time is not an unsub, but a cop or detective. The one in Elliot's Pond and one of the detectives in Lo-Fi /Mayhem. I know, i know, it's been a long time, but ... 

• Love 1

@normasm, on mobile there's no way to delete the "quote", so if you were going to reply to me but thought differently of it (or just accidentally hit "quote") you're stuck with it when you go back to the thread, because the forum "saves" your response.

7 hours ago, Droogie said:

I think this is on purpose since the start referencing their two-sides-of-the-same-coin character, especially in season 5, even though in different countries, their names sound quite different to each other.

5 minutes ago, Franky said:

Here's a nice shot of the team so far for season 12:

CKt0rEy.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. 

Once again, the tallest TV show cast in the world! And notice how color coordinated they are. Kirsten's dress and sweater matches Paget's top. Aisha, Joe, Matthew and Adam look fetching in various shades of blue. And AJ is totally bitchin' in her all black ensemble.

And that concludes the fashion profile from Bookish Jen of the alternative BAU-Bad Accessories Unit.

• Love 4

I did a system upgrade on my computer (it's a 2008 Macbook) and it doesn't like the new version of Photoshop so I can't do any more photo edits 'til I get my son to *un*upgrade that app. (I dunno how to do that Perhaps I should pay attention this time so I can do it myself in the future. Or just get a new computer)

14718799_10157632731225203_9135271705316695405_n.jpg

• Love 4

Thanks for the pictures, Franky and Reidfan. 

1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

I did a system upgrade on my computer (it's a 2008 Macbook) and it doesn't like the new version of Photoshop so I can't do any more photo edits 'til I get my son to *un*upgrade that app. (I dunno how to do that Perhaps I should pay attention this time so I can do it myself in the future. Or just get a new computer)

14718799_10157632731225203_9135271705316695405_n.jpg

So until you (or your son) can fix it, we won't get any more beautiful pictures of Reid, like the last ones we got with the Christmas decorations?? That's so sad!! (By the way, my son is my "Technical advisor" too) 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, senin said:

Thanks for the pictures, Franky and Reidfan. 

So until you (or your son) can fix it, we won't get any more beautiful pictures of Reid, like the last ones we got with the Christmas decorations?? That's so sad!! (By the way, my son is my "Technical advisor" too) 

8fh7D67.gif

• Love 1

actually, no. I have about fifty that I did for my Facebook group last year that I can share :) like this one.....

HappyXmasMGGtxted.jpg

Edited by ReidFan
DAMMIT> this should've gone into the Reid thread but I don't know how/if it can be moved. Sorry!!!
  • Love 5

I guess part of this post should be posted on "you know you are obssesed..." because I can't stop checking even when I know they won't tell anything else about Hotch. Anyway,  new press release for episode 12x09

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/12/criminal-minds-episode-1209-profiling.html

And it seems it will be full of inconsistency, I can make a juicy critic just reading the plot. They have changed Rossi's birth date, it was by the end of the season a few seasons ago (s07e22).

Enjoy the weekend guys!

Edited by smoker

I don't think the date in CM matches with the one in real life all the time, because if that is so, then they would always be prepared for something very dramatic to happen to them each late April and late May when the finale airs...lol

The CM wiki treats the airdates as the actual dates for what happens in the CM world, unless the show otherwise notes it. On a few occasions- like "Risky Business"- the show has even established that the airdate is indeed the day it happens in the CM world.

Of course, Derek Morgan's departure screwed up the timeline and the wiki (at least) thinks the airdates are the "real" dates again, so who knows. So I think CM has, once again, screwed up on canon.

35 minutes ago, autumnmountains said:

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I'm hoping it's not some tragedy befalling Dr. Reid, like he or Diana dying some horrible death. I guess we'll find out but I tend to look at these "statements" as a lot of publicity hyperbole and clickbait to drum up excitement over the show, especially in one that is aging like CM and the firing of TG.

Ideally, I wouldn't mind a Reid story line where he moves Diana to a facility close to home. At this facility he meets a lovely nurse or therapist. These two grow close and eventually in love. 

I also want world peace and a pony.

And who knows, maybe Matthew is leaving the show.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 5

Sounds like Stephen Walker is going to be another blandly capable agent who adds nothing to the team. It also sounds like he's going to have his turn having to deal with Mr. Ridiculous.

I'm so excited!

(On a more serious note- Walker would be much more fun as a plant by Mr. Scratch, working surreptitiously to take the team down. Alas, the show will never go there.

*pouts*)

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

OMG Daniel, that's evil! And an absolutely stunningly good idea. Imagine...just wow... What a concept...... and sadly, way over their heads. 

Thank you. :) I'm going to use it in my own stories...it's too good to pass up.

• Love 1

I just came across a backstage photo of Matthew and other actors dressed as inmates (orange suits). And they are in an actual prison. I guess it's possible that Matthew was just dressing up with them for fun and it had nohing to do with Spencer, but people are speculating that Spencer ends up in jail within the next couple of episodes.

• Love 4