Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Ok, I know it is off topic but I LOVE Spaceballs and I really love Blazing Saddles. I still find myself singing the blazing saddles theme song. I also loved how before n***er was censored, Mel had it censored by a bell ringing or by a person stopping themselves when turning. It just made it so much funnier. Young Frankenstein is another favorite. It was just brilliant.

A friend of mine let his 4-year-old watch Spaceballs with him and the next morning he walked out and she was talking to their cats saying "I'm surrounded by assholes!" Ever since then, his Facebook profile pic has been the giant helmet.

Another good movie (not a Mel Brooks one) is "Murder By Death". It has Truman Capote, Maggie Smith, Peter Sellers, Peter Falk, and Alec Guinness. It makes fun of the various murder mystery novels/shows.

I miss seeing Rick Moranis. He was a favorite of mine in movies for quite a while. Such a shame about his wife passing though. That must have been devastating for him.

Getting back on topic, I saw the press release for the episode Matthew is directing. Looks like it will definitely involve children. The guest cast list mentioned something about people who were trapped. I'm guessing children go missing and some of the search party people end up getting trapped somehow. I hope the script will be ok. At least we know the episode will probably be visually appealing. He seems to be good with the blocking and balancing the layout and framing people well. He is very aware of negative space and triangle formation and such. I just hope he steers clear of too much camera movement during scenes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, zannej said:

Ok, I know it is off topic but I LOVE Spaceballs and I really love Blazing Saddles. I still find myself singing the blazing saddles theme song. I also loved how before n***er was censored, Mel had it censored by a bell ringing or by a person stopping themselves when turning. It just made it so much funnier. Young Frankenstein is another favorite. It was just brilliant.

A friend of mine let his 4-year-old watch Spaceballs with him and the next morning he walked out and she was talking to their cats saying "I'm surrounded by assholes!" Ever since then, his Facebook profile pic has been the giant helmet.

Another good movie (not a Mel Brooks one) is "Murder By Death". It has Truman Capote, Maggie Smith, Peter Sellers, Peter Falk, and Alec Guinness. It makes fun of the various murder mystery novels/shows.

I miss seeing Rick Moranis. He was a favorite of mine in movies for quite a while. Such a shame about his wife passing though. That must have been devastating for him.

Getting back on topic, I saw the press release for the episode Matthew is directing. Looks like it will definitely involve children. The guest cast list mentioned something about people who were trapped. I'm guessing children go missing and some of the search party people end up getting trapped somehow. I hope the script will be ok. At least we know the episode will probably be visually appealing. He seems to be good with the blocking and balancing the layout and framing people well. He is very aware of negative space and triangle formation and such. I just hope he steers clear of too much camera movement during scenes.

Thanks for the update on Matthew's CM directing efforts. I always enjoy them. He definitely has a certain eye for the art. And Matthew, please be a lamb and share your storyboards via your social media. I am positively charmed by these type of things! I just love knowing about people's creative practices whether it's directing a TV show, making a meal or writing everything from a script to a book review to a CM script.

16 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Thanks for the update on Matthew's CM directing efforts. I always enjoy them. He definitely has a certain eye for the art. And Matthew, please be a lamb and share your storyboards via your social media. I am positively charmed by these type of things! I just love knowing about people's creative practices whether it's directing a TV show, making a meal or writing everything from a script to a book review to a CM script.

I love his storyboards too!  I'm bereft he has said so little about his upcoming episode.  I hope he will show us something before it airs.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Droogie said:

I love his storyboards too!  I'm bereft he has said so little about his upcoming episode.  I hope he will show us something before it airs.

He better! Or maybe he wants to keep some mystery about the episode. Who knows? 

I hope it's something like that and not a discouragement about the show in general.  I figure he has been inundated with tweets about Thomas Gibson.  He's just been so uncharacteristically silent this whole month.

• Love 1

I wonder if he's been told to knock it off on social media. He actually gave away quite a bit with A Beautiful Disaster last year. Wouldn't be surprised if between that and Kickgate, he's just laying low on the CM social media front.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I wonder if he's been told to knock it off on social media. He actually gave away quite a bit with A Beautiful Disaster last year. Wouldn't be surprised if between that and Kickgate, he's just laying low on the CM social media front.

Good point, and I hope it's mainly due to boss's orders and not because there is some bad news on the personal front that he has to deal with. 

I've been pretty low-key with my SM. I used to post things to my feeds (both personal and the one related to my blog), nearly every day, but I haven't in the past few weeks. I've done this mainly because the stress of the transitional project I'm working on at my job, personal activities like teaching RE and working with my church's film committee, my writing, the upcoming holidays and to be quite honest, the rage and depression I feel about the upcoming election.

Edited by Bookish Jen
17 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

You could be right, although I can't imagine TPTB shushing him.  He is so positive and his fan base is such a big part of CM's audience.  I'm thinking CM could use the positive press right about now, with all the anger being directed at them on Twitter, etc. I could be wrong but I never got the impression he gave any more away on TBD than he did on any of his other episodes.

• Love 1

Oh yeah, I remember that.  I remember certain people being convinced that the reason he directed only one episode last season was bc he was "in trouble" for spilling the beans.  I never got the impression it was a secret, so I guess it didn't seem to me that he had spoiled any sort of surprise.

I could be wrong.  It has happened before.  ;-)

I don't have the stamina to scroll back, but I think he posted more during his fall sojourn last year, perhaps because the circumstances were different.  Initially, he was promoting a film and film fest.  Then, he posted from his various Halloween activities, but mostly after the cat was already out of the proverbial bag, because of so many fan sightings, and because Colonial Williamsburg had photos up on their site. This year, it seems, he's just having fun as privately as he can.  I suspect he will promote his episode when the date gets closer, and after he's done playing.

I was a little surprised that he didn't promote the showing of 'Hot Air' in Austin.  Or did I just miss it?

• Love 2

I love this image!! 

Couple of days ago I switched on the TV and there was a re-run of some episode, I don't remember which one. My son asked  "what season is this?" and I said, "Reid's hair is very long, it must be season 5" 

He checked and it was!! You should have seen his face !!

• Love 2

lol..... it's funny, cause I can do pretty much the same thing. We had an episode come on yesterday, and son said 'what year is this from?' I said 'hmmm, judging by Reid's hair and clothes, I'd say season 9 or 10 2013 or 2014....wait, JLH not JT, so 10, definitely' in the first two scenes!  

So S12E04 "Keeper" is due to have an actor from "Won't Get Fooled Again"- Tripp Pickell- come back and play another character here in what I can only imagine will be a bigger role. Pickell was simply a bomb technician in S01E03- I think, if memory serves me correctly, one of the guys who tended to Chicu Reddy- so I doubt he'd come back if he were another "glorified extra".

So...somewhat of a callback to earlier seasons.

I also wonder if The Killer Woodsman (the escapee in "Blood Relations") will make a comeback. I doubt it, but considering he and another UnSub who loved the woods- Shane Wyland- are still at large, it'd be an opportune time to bring them back.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2016 at 2:49 PM, ReidFan said:

not a storyboard, but I've always loved Matthew's diagram history of Reid's hair LOL.....  and I think his hair looks great this season. (12, not pictured)

a30473bea204b5551978b64930af4e7f.jpg

I want this framed.

13 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

So S12E04 "Keeper" is due to have an actor from "Won't Get Fooled Again"- Tripp Pickell- come back and play another character here in what I can only imagine will be a bigger role. Pickell was simply a bomb technician in S01E03- I think, if memory serves me correctly, one of the guys who tended to Chicu Reddy- so I doubt he'd come back if he were another "glorified extra".

So...somewhat of a callback to earlier seasons.

I also wonder if The Killer Woodsman (the escapee in "Blood Relations") will make a comeback. I doubt it, but considering he and another UnSub who loved the woods- Shane Wyland- are still at large, it'd be an opportune time to bring them back.

The escapee in Blood Relations might make for a good sequel to the original, with Matthew directing the episode, of course.

Took a quick gander at the Keeper story outline and saw Virgil is directing this episode even though TG was initially going to direct. Hm, interesting turn of events.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Franky said:

Sharat Raju is listed as directing Keeper, written by Bruce. Or at least last I saw... may I ask where you saw Virgil is directing? That would be a first!

Oops, you're right. I accidentally read that incorrectly on the CM wiki that mentioned the altercation between TG and Virgil, which lead to TG's firing. Carry on.

• Love 1

it also says that the Reid & his mama story is a good one. And earlier on in the season, Messer said it was a 'fun' story. I still think it'll have something to do with their trip to Paris.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

Messer's idea of "fun" and ours may be quite different though! By now I've learned to take things she says with more than a grain of salt - more like a dumper truck load!

If Messer's idea of Reid-related "fun" is him dealing with Diana's dementia (not to mention him dealing with her schizophrenia since he was a child), I'd hate to think what her idea of Reid-related "non-fun" is.

Between the cockedup presidential election and now this Reid story, my morbid depression has reached DefCon levels. Excuse me while I brush my teeth with Neosporin.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, normasm said:

JMO, I think the absence is just earlier, not more episodes, in fact, maybe it'll just be 2 episodes instead of 3.

I don't know.  Weren't they just filming 12x10 last week, with MGG sighted elsewhere and looking scruffy?  If he's taken October off again, would that be episodes 8, 9 and 10?  And now they're sending him to Vegas during episode 4.  I'm just hoping it will be a quick trip, and that they'll set him up for being gone later on, but not the whole time.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm thinking the absences may be spread out, not 3 in a row. BTW, aren't those 3 Reidless episodes being shown tonight? Sounds like a good night to watch the Cubs beat up on the indians...

• Love 3

Well, I can't play the video. I may be in the wrong place, maybe? Anyway, and regarding Reid and mom 'fun story', I am willing to bet that after being half-healed from schizophrenia in season 9, and given the dementia as a new anger element in season 11, now they will find a cure for that. Because anything is possible for CM writers, except dealing with real feelings, real situations and real life issues. 

• Love 3

Does anyone remember an interview or article with Erica Messer suggesting that Hotch might retire to spend time with his family? Did I just imagine that? If not, does anyone have the link? I'm trying to find it (if it exists).

Internet is being pissy again.

2 hours ago, zannej said:

Does anyone remember an interview or article with Erica Messer suggesting that Hotch might retire to spend time with his family? Did I just imagine that? If not, does anyone have the link? I'm trying to find it (if it exists).

Internet is being pissy again.

I would love that if it becomes real!

23 hours ago, smoker said:

I would love that if it becomes real!

I understand this sentiment, but he wouldn't leave the BAU when Haley wanted him to, and he refused early retirement when she was murdered, so it would be hard to fathom he would leave it now.  True, his FIL's Alzheimer's disease is worsening and so Jessica's time will be divided, but realistically Hotch could hire a nanny (after some serious vetting by Garcia and her magic computer), plus Jack is getting older. And wouldn't Reid's mom's early-onset dementia and Hotch's FIL's condition warrant some lovely moments between those two?  Oh well...

4 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Joe directed this episode. Sigh.

Well at the very least we can amuse ourselves discussing how clunky it is.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Droogie said:

I understand this sentiment, but he wouldn't leave the BAU when Haley wanted him to, and he refused early retirement when she was murdered, so it would be hard to fathom he would leave it now.  True, his FIL's Alzheimer's disease is worsening and so Jessica's time will be divided, but realistically Hotch could hire a nanny (after some serious vetting by Garcia and her magic computer), plus Jack is getting older. And wouldn't Reid's mom's early-onset dementia and Hotch's FIL's condition warrant some lovely moments between those two?  Oh well...

I understand your point too. And I get it is not the most coherent/ideal plot, but under this circumstances, where real life gets in the middle of the fictional world. I think I can overlook that in order to get Hotch a "decent" ending. And if I can (have to, in some cases) look at other side about pregnancies, real lesions, nepotism, real friendships poisoning scenes, Garcia's wardrobe and horrible writing. I think they owe me being sensitive on this one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Droogie said:

Well at the very least we can amuse ourselves discussing how clunky it is.

The thing is, just because Hotch declined to retire in the past doesn't mean he will stick to that forever. JJ said she didn't want to be a profiler yet she changed her mind. And in real life, Paget said she didn't want to work for CBS or come back to be a regular on CM and she changed her mind. Maybe there will be something involving Hotch's health or maybe it will be because of Mr. Scratch that Hotch will finally say "It's time to retire and spend more quality time with my son." Maybe Jessica will be unable to watch Jack anymore and Hotch will realize he's not getting any younger and maybe he should just take more time to be with Jack. Hell, maybe if they get soapy he'll have met a woman he's fallen madly in love with on this new assignment and it changes his perspective on life and he wants to focus on family.

I'd prefer all of those things over them just killing him off.

1 hour ago, smoker said:

I don't know if there was a release of this episode before so

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/criminal-minds-episode-1207-mirror.html

Thanks! I have to say WTF? to that synopsis though. That is bizarre. I'm tickled that one of the guest cast is named Spence Moore.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zannej said:

Thanks! I have to say WTF? to that synopsis though. That is bizarre. I'm tickled that one of the guest cast is named Spence Moore.

I don't usually pay attention to the guest cast, but Bodhi Elfman playing Peter Lewis jumped out at me for a few reasons - one, Mr Scratch is back! Two, I just now realized (and maybe I'm just incredibly slow) that he shares a surname with Tara and her brother (who is presumably Gabriel?).

Probably won't mean anything, since that would require a lot of planning ahead, but I thought it was interesting.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Droogie said:

True, true, true.  I just feel so gypped.

Yeah. I do really wish they could film additional scenes with Thomas, just so we could get proper closure. It's a bit like when an actor dies suddenly and they have to write them out (like Frost on Rissoli and Isles). But it is more awkward (not sure of the right word here) because TG is still alive and *could* do it if allowed, but I don't think they would let him if he offered.

• Love 1