Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

I was just sorta wishing, and I found myself wishing the team wouldn't be able to solve at least one case while Reid's in jail. They have to give up on it. There have been so few cases they didn't solve at the end of 42 minutes; it be nice to see all those 47.5 teammates being unable to figure out who the heck an unsub is.....

Especially when TPTB always seem to list the unsub in the PR credits these days, so we know who the unsub is going in every week.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, normasm said:

I was just sorta wishing, and I found myself wishing the team wouldn't be able to solve at least one case while Reid's in jail. They have to give up on it. There have been so few cases they didn't solve at the end of 42 minutes; it be nice to see all those 47.5 teammates being unable to figure out who the heck an unsub is.....

Especially when TPTB always seem to list the unsub in the PR credits these days, so we know who the unsub is going in every week.

The writers sorta played with the idea - or at least seemed like it - when just a couple episodes ago it took the 8-person team 40 minutes and 4+ victims to put together the fact that using his connection to 98.2 WUKO might just provide an avenue to tracking the UnSub down;  and this was with Garcia literally on sight and in the field with them, mind you. 

Still facepalming over that one.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

Does it seem really strange to anyone else that, almost a month in prison now, *nobody* has recognised him? There's gotta be at least one or two unsubs from cases gone by that would be in that same prison. 

9 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Does it seem really strange to anyone else that, almost a month in prison now, *nobody* has recognised him? There's gotta be at least one or two unsubs from cases gone by that would be in that same prison. 

Not to me.  Serial killers are probably not in the open population.  Even if they were, Reid has been omitted from the take down so many times that most of them have never seen him.

• Love 1

Nobody knows right now. We have only seen press releases for up to episode 17, but there are five episodes beyond that one. I'm sure he will make an appearance in the season finale, but earlier than that is anybody's guess at this point. 

• Love 2

I'm encouraged by that article, at least to the extent that the ratings being down for CM is not happening to them alone. I think if they "do" something to Reid, as long as it's handled tastefully, and his reaction and subsequent recovery are somewhat realistic, I will welcome MGG's chance to act up a storm. If, on the other hand, if they make Reid look weak or sinister, then fashionista, I'm with you!

• Love 7

Agree, Norm.  The article did make me swallow around a sudden lump in my throat, though.

There are a couple of comments on it -- nothing unexpected, not by a long shot.  If I roll my eyes any harder I'll see my brain.

• Love 4

I think CM has been on too long for it not to have a "final season", or even just a "final movie" like CSI. The network won't cancel it outright.

As for the Reid arc...well, I already think he's acted way out of character, so I already think this arc is hokey. Pretty much anything that happens to him now I'm just not invested in it.

• Love 1

Honestly, though?  What could they do to him that's somehow worse?  Serious question.  On a network TV show, to our lovely protagonist who is already in prison and doesn't have a mean bone in his (long, lean) body, what will they do?

Can he ever go back to being Spencer?  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Honestly, though?  What could they do to him that's somehow worse?  Serious question.  On a network TV show, to our lovely protagonist who is already in prison and doesn't have a mean bone in his (long, lean) body, what will they do?

Can he ever go back to being Spencer?  

Though this arc is way over the top and really affecting me to the point I'm self-medicating myself with Doritos, I do think Matthew is giving us some amazing performances considering the material and the hyperbolic plotline. 

I am hoping he remains the Spencer I cherish so greatly and gains an inner strength he never knew he had.

Plus, this ridiculous arc has inspired two separate fan fiction idead, one involving a lady from his past and another involving a nun who questions her vocation after meeting Spencer.

But first I need to get cracking on my current fan fiction, which is ignoring this arc altogether.

• Love 1

I'm curious as to how people think Spencer will change.  Will he be wary, and cowed?  Will he be angry, and aggressive?  Will he be more sympathetic of criminals, or less?  Spiffy or scruffy?  Any thoughts?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm curious as to how people think Spencer will change.  Will he be wary, and cowed?  Will he be angry, and aggressive?  Will he be more sympathetic of criminals, or less?  Spiffy or scruffy?  Any thoughts?

I just don't know.  It seems impossible to me, right now, that he will have the same air of innocence (not sure if that's exactly the word I want).  Will he be the same guy who was nervous to ask Loker for coffee?  Who fist-bumped Hotch?  

Right now I can't watch old episodes, see his beaming smile -- because I know what's coming. And worry for what else is coming.

• Love 3

It depends on how he gets through whatever hardship is coming. If he starts to profile the guys in there and help some of them, build some kind of bridge, then I can see him coming out of there ready to work for better justice in the prison system. Perhaps get involved in helping prevent what gets some of these guys in jail in the first place.

Demeanor-wise, I would think he would be somewhat depressed, even if he does help a great deal in clearing his name and nailing Scratch (which I fervently hope he does). He might keep the scruff, the same way sailors pierce an ear after their first journey around the horn.

• Love 4

Being in a heightened state of constant fear like that would be hard to shake, I would imagine. His natural affability aside, he no doubt will be somewhat quiet when he rejoins them all... introspective. The powerlessness he's feeling right now may also make him second-guess himself when it comes to offering opinions, and since he's seen how easily all of his normalcy can be taken away from him, he may not trust it once he's back in the bullpen.

Much like how Hotch changed through the years due to his tragedies and abuse, I think we may see Reid's changed too. Not fundamentally, but it's hard to believe he'll come out of this unscathed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JMO said:

Quite frankly, I prefer the angry and aggressive. But, you know me!

On 3/13/2017 at 10:32 AM, Fashionista7 said:

Some of those reader comments... yikes!  I feel like I can sling some hardcore-ish criticisms when I feel they're deserved, but I just realized I got absolutely nothing on some other people out there.

10 hours ago, JMO said:

I honestly have no idea if they plan to use this arc as a vehicle to change Reid's core character, or not... but if it is the intention to do so, then the highlighted options have to be the direction they go with him.  We've seen that all the rest are already a part of his pre-prison core character.  Wary we've seen, but I could see him going extremely wary, in the sense that he trusts less [veteran team mates] or not at all [newer ones].  I also would not be surprised to see him lose a lot of his youthful exuberance when it comes to things like magic tricks, et al, as well.

I am sooooooo pissed right now
I hate when actors do this, I hated it with PB too
you want out you stay out
so furious and disgusted!!!
whats next? are they going to confess their love and have it on the table?!?!

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

I'm hoping he's there in the capacity of supporting "the best little brother anyone could ask for".  And not solving the case.  I wonder now if that photo a crew member posted on twitter yesterday (? Day before?) of what looked like a reception all decked out in flowers might be Hank Spencer's christening.  If Rochelle Aytes (sp?)  is in it too. 

• Love 3

They don't need Morgan.  I don't mind him returning for an episode that is unrelated to this case. I would like to see that. He's been gone a year and he suddenly has a lead that could help capture Scratch?  To me his return makes it sound like the team is totally incapable of capturing Scratch without his help.  Also it makes Reid sound like a weak, sad guy who needs big brave Morgan to charge in and save him.  Reid is quite capable of handling this situation without Morgan.  He's a heck of a lot stronger than that.  The final episode starting to have the making of another teammate in peril so lets bring in an old member to add in the rescue.  It didn't work in 200 though I enjoyed seeing Emily and it won't work here.  Then they will end it with another hokey party scene at Dave's.

Edited by CrimeFan12
typo
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, CrimeFan12 said:

They don't need Morgan.  I don't mind him returning for an episode that is unrelated to this case. I would like to see that. He's been gone a year and he suddenly has a lead that could help capture Scratch?  To me his return makes it sound like the team is totally incapable of capturing Scratch without his help.  Also it makes Reid sound like a weak, sad guy who needs big brave Morgan to charge in and save him.  Reid is quite capable of handling this situation without Morgan.  He's a heck of a lot stronger than that.  The final episode starting to have the making of another teammate in peril so lets bring in an old member to add in the rescue.  It didn't work in 200 though I enjoyed seeing Emily and it won't work here.  Then they will end it with another hokey party scene at Dave's.

I'm in agreement.  I love(d) Spencer and Derek's bromance, and I'd love to have him come see his baby bro.  But so help me, if it becomes all about Morgan having smoldering dialog with Garcia, and saving the day, and then adding in Savannah and Hank and Spencer taking a backseat to all this, I think I'll totally pop my cork.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CrimeFan12 said:

And say what you will about 200, there was actually a plot reason that could plausibly explain Emily's involvement. I don't know how Morgan will have come up with a lead on Scratch unless Scratch went after him specifically.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, secnarf said:

And say what you will about 200, there was actually a plot reason that could plausibly explain Emily's involvement. I don't know how Morgan will have come up with a lead on Scratch unless Scratch went after him specifically.

Very true.

Morgan having a lead on Scratch......... yeah, that's believable!   Not

Unless its a plot to bring the Morgan character back full time next season, then I have a strong feeling that the way this will play out will leave a very sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.  I mean, why not?   Bring him back, add a couple more newbies, and the team can be a full baker's dozen!  Who wouldn't want that after all the success of the increased team size we've had this season!?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Morgan having a lead on Scratch......... yeah, that's believable!   Not

Unless its a plot to bring the Morgan character back full time next season, then I have a strong feeling that the way this will play out will leave a very sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.  I mean, why not?   Bring him back, add a couple more newbies, and the team can be a full baker's dozen!  Who wouldn't want that after all the success of the increased team size we've had this season!?

He's not coming back full time.  It's a one time shot.  He has his new show SWAT to work on.

Just now, CrimeFan12 said:

He's not coming back full time.  It's a one time shot.  He has his new show SWAT to work on.

I was being facetious, knowing he's not coming back as a main character.

Meh.  Not looking forward to the idea of it, but maybe I'll be surprised by the effectiveness and portrayal of the script.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

As long as Morgan isn't coming back as a Scratchy, I'll get behind it. I will not take Morgan becoming evil.

I would take Hotch becoming evil! I can't see Morgan doing that. 

Hotch is in "a better place", it would be nice if they left him there alone. 

Of course Morgan couldn't be a villian, he's not clever enough, qualifies as a douchebag only.

However, I think that would have been an amazing plot for Reid.

Edited by smoker
11 hours ago, CrimeFan12 said:

This is my fear, that Morgan will swoop in, with much focus, to save the day, and we'll end up in Rossi's backyard once again.  

I love the Morgan/Reid relationship, and I wouldn't mind seeing Derek show up soon to visit Reid and maybe run some intel from whatever position he now holds.  I also wouldn't mind having him appear for just a cameo, at the end.  But if the team needs Morgan to get their work done for them, they're in trouble, because Morgan isn't available next season.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, smoker said:

Hotch is in "a better place", it would be nice if they left him there alone. 

Of course Morgan couldn't be a villian, he's not clever enough, qualifies as a douchebag only.

However, I think that would have been an amazing plot for Reid.

I guess we should be somewhat grateful that TG was not a part of this atrocious episode. But a better place my foot .