Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Kirsten can often be counted on to spill the beans, but I appreciate what she had to say about TG.

Personally, I don't wanna spend one extra second on Garcia v the new guy.  Let her glare a sec and move on.  It's been too long since a Reid arc and any other in-depth character study is just gonna tick me right off.  E2 being a revisit of 200 is still up in the air for me as to whether I'll watch.  On the one hand, it's Hotch's last episode. But on the other, it is going to address the episode I hate more than any other in the whole series...

• Love 4

well if there's any truth to the other rumours I've been hearing/reading, Hotch is just going to be called away on special assignment. And then he'll still be away. And then the special assignment will be made permanent. And then in Matthew's episode 'Elliott's Pond'  (notice how Elliott's Pond has the same initials as Emily Prentiss......) that happens. 

I just hope they don't actually kill him off. I hope they allude to something happening necessitating relocating him somewhere, safe, but unable to contact them anymore for their and his own safety.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Personally, I don't wanna spend one extra second on Garcia v the new guy.  Let her glare a sec and move on.  It's been too long since a Reid arc and any other in-depth character study is just gonna tick me right off.  

I hear you. Truth is though, he's the newbie. They're going to have to spend some time on him. I don't think Garcia v Luke will be at the forefront, though it may be interesting to see how her loyalty to Morgan plays out against her actually liking the guy. 

While I'm chomping at the bit for new Reidy goodness (and let me be clear- NOBODY is more important than he), I confess I'm interested in the Luke Alvez character and what he could bring to the table. And now with Emily rehired/promoted, it's starting to feel like the chips are falling into place. 

Or I could be dead wrong and it'll all be a disaster. :P

• Love 2

I am not at all interested in the newbie, and I'm even less inclined to like him because of this whole thing with Garcia. I just have zero desire to see it and I don't think it's justified - it's not like he had anything to do with Morgan leaving.

• Love 4

I'm not @thewhiteowl, but I'm pretty sure that since this is a topic marked "SPOILER", spoilers don't need to be marked.

As for Kirsten Vangsness' interview- I'm glad that Prentiss being Unit Chief is confirmed. I just hope that once the show starts writing for her at the helm (and isn't just making her say Hotch's lines) we'll see her develop her own style. I'm still miffed that Morgan acted like Hotch when he was in charge, and while I think Prentiss would be similar to Hotch in style, I'm hoping for some differences.

Also- is "Elliott's Pond" when we actually find out Hotch's fate?

• Love 4

We all have our suspicions about the new unit chief, it's wise story telling and the most logic move.

I didnt think it was your idea Reidfan, I 'saw' you happy and in a rush to share the news ;D

thanks for the link, she actually talks about TG, saying...well, nothing, but a few more words than 'fans will miss him'.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

I'm not @thewhiteowl, but I'm pretty sure that since this is a topic marked "SPOILER", spoilers don't need to be marked.

As for Kirsten Vangsness' interview- I'm glad that Prentiss being Unit Chief is confirmed. I just hope that once the show starts writing for her at the helm (and isn't just making her say Hotch's lines) we'll see her develop her own style. I'm still miffed that Morgan acted like Hotch when he was in charge, and while I think Prentiss would be similar to Hotch in style, I'm hoping for some differences.

she made it sound that way didn't she? I suppose so. If this is when Emily's made unit chief, they'd have to have some knowledge about Hotch's fate. Cause they wouldn't be *replacing* him if he was still just away on a temporary special assignment. Maybe the 'temporary' becomes 'permanent', but you'd think that something 'permanent' has to be happening such that he wouldn't be back to empty his desk and say goodbye (in a three episode arc like the previous long timer did  >:-(  ) whether that be WitnessProtection, death, sudden transfer to the Antarctic (to what? overseee penguin crime?)  Maybe he drowns in Elliott's Pond? Maybe it's really a portal to another world?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

she made it sound that way didn't she? I suppose so. If this is when Emily's made unit chief, they'd have to have some knowledge about Hotch's fate. Cause they wouldn't be *replacing* him if he was still just away on a temporary special assignment. Maybe the 'temporary' becomes 'permanent', but you'd think that something 'permanent' has to be happening such that he wouldn't be back to empty his desk and say goodbye (in a three episode arc like the previous long timer did  >:-(  ) whether that be WitnessProtection, death, sudden transfer to the Antarctic (to what? overseee penguin crime?)  Maybe he drowns in Elliott's Pond? Maybe it's really a portal to another world?

"Hotch Falls Into the Upside Down" - next week on Stranger Things!

And 'penguin crime' made me spit my tea! xD

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

50 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Agree, I only liked their exchange of roles in that episode where the unsub pop eyes out. That one time was 'funny'.

It would be great  if the "change of regime" was done properly. I won't enjoy it, because I know I will be rolling in my own misery hahaha, but it would be wonderful if they let her do things her way.

PB is a good actor, I am counting on her body language and her personal touch delivering her lines. Emily stepping in Hotch's office as new chief should be a powerful scene and there is no need of dialogue, only PB expression.

About Hotch's fate, I want it to happen the sooner the better, my educated guess is between episode 5 and Christmas hiatus. Of course, I would be satisfied with a permanent promotion or a retirement or witness protection. I will hate if they kill him or disapear him forever (implying death) or turn him into a psycho.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Reidfan I can't stop thinking of Fringe becuase of you!! Daydreaming about an alternate world with Hotch, Olivia and the Bishops xD

Edited by smoker
46 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

Well, I'm sure there are those in Philadelphia who would think Penguins commit a lot of crimes...

</bad hockey joke>

I disagree. *Good* hockey joke! A lot of people hate those Penguins.

At least nobody made a reference to the actual criminal Penguin, my (other) man Robin Lord Taylor from Gotham. He's all kinds of awesome as an actor. But a penguin :D

• Love 1
3 hours ago, smoker said:

Reidfan I can't stop thinking of Fringe becuase of you!! Daydreaming about an alternate world with Hotch, Olivia and the Bishops xD

not familiar with 'Fringe' ....I assume Olivia and the Bishops are characters thereof?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I disagree. *Good* hockey joke! A lot of people hate those Penguins.

At least nobody made a reference to the actual criminal Penguin, my (other) man Robin Lord Taylor from Gotham. He's all kinds of awesome as an actor. But a penguin :D

Man...I completely forgot about him. I agree...Robin Lord Taylor is excellent. Makes me wish Gotham and Criminal Minds could cross over just so the BAU could profile Penguin. Perhaps CM could have its own variant?

17 hours ago, Droogie said:

Kirsten can often be counted on to spill the beans, but I appreciate what she had to say about TG.

Personally, I don't wanna spend one extra second on Garcia v the new guy.  Let her glare a sec and move on.  It's been too long since a Reid arc and any other in-depth character study is just gonna tick me right off.  E2 being a revisit of 200 is still up in the air for me as to whether I'll watch.  On the one hand, it's Hotch's last episode. But on the other, it is going to address the episode I hate more than any other in the whole series...

I agree.  What they need to introduce him and not that much more.  Reid deserves a break.

Also, hello everyone.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ReidFan said:

not familiar with 'Fringe' ....I assume Olivia and the Bishops are characters thereof?

yes, they are. It's a great show if you had the time (and like the theme) some day :)

2 minutes ago, Franky said:

Here's a different take on that pic. They moved JJ up front and reduced Rossi's head. Is it just me or should they have positioned Tara in front of Luke? She's been there longer than he has.

FB_IMG_1473973100281.jpg

Yes, Tara should take precedence. And Joe's hair looks like it could dent beer kegs.

• Love 3

Reid's head should always be the biggest. It houses the biggest brain, after all. ;)

I think this would be a cool opportunity to manip the photo so everyone gets a shot in the top spot. They could rotate them week to week depending on who was featured in the episode. They must have shot dozens of poses, they should make a campaign out of it.

They also need to get on tshirts. I like tshirts.

• Love 3

hmmm... it is entirely possible to do that yourself. I recently made a Reid t shirt for a friend. Took a photo of Matthew she really loves. Got rid of the background that he was in. Corrected the reflection out of his glasses (yeah, she wanted a photo of him in his glasses), then made the colour corrections necessary to even everything out. Put him into a background she liked. And then bought a plain t shirt at Michaels, turned the photo into a t shirt transfer, printed that out and then ironed it on. Voila! a one of a kind Spencer Reid t shirt. :)

it was her favourite birthday present.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Franky said:

Here's a different take on that pic. They moved JJ up front and reduced Rossi's head. Is it just me or should they have positioned Tara in front of Luke? She's been there longer than he has.

FB_IMG_1473973100281.jpg

Wow, the lineup looks so different without Hotch. I never really realised how prominent he was in all the cast pictures. This reminds me of season three when Mandy left after having been front and centre and the show almost looked like a reboot of itself.

But I think I am going to be ok with it, as long as they give Emily and Reid lots of time to shine.

• Love 5
Just now, ReidFan said:

its saving grace will be Will. Not overly fond of the character, but I love Josh Stewart to death :D

I hope you're right because I fear the worst, another 200 or The forever people. I don't like him much, I saw him on Third watch for first time and I didn't like him there either. He was introduced when Jason Wiles was absent.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, smoker said:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/09/criminal-minds-episode-1202-sick-day.html

more news

what a bad luck this is a JJ centric episode

I'm of two minds with this.

On the one hand JJ is a leading character, and as such deserves to have her devoted episodes.  It would be nice to get some closure to that storyline.  And I do like Will and having the two of them together, at least for me, is generally a good time.

On the other hand she has been a bit of a controversial figure since her return after Season 6.  All things considered it might have been better for them to put this a little further along in the season.  And the description they give in the press release is giving me a great big meh.

But I'll watch it.  It sounds watchable at least.

Also, thank you all for the welcome!  And thank you to the people who said you like my writing, hopefully life will calm down and I can get back to it soon.

• Love 6

I missed all the drama regarding JJ over the years because I've only been a CM fan for about 18 months. Personally, I liked her far better as the media liaison. I binge watched seasons 1-9 to catch up. Suddenly, she's back and she's a better profiler than those who have been doing it on the show for six years already? It seemed like she was front and center of every freakin' episode for ages. And worst of all, the change from caring, sweet JJ to SuperNinjaBestProfilerEverJJ where she knew everything better than anyone, and started with the eye rolling and stink eye looks at Reid every time he was giving them statistics and other information. This, from someone who was supposed to be the sensitive best friend. *That* is why I don't particularly care for her. Wouldn't say hate. Just my sixth favourite in a cast of seven.

• Love 7

wooh! really On topic! just saw the first CM ad for the new season that I've actually seen on tv. "blah blah blah the escaped criminals" (the bit about the escapees from last season's last episode, and then) "returning this fall, with all new episodes, Criminal Minds, Wednesdays at 9 on CTV" and included in the visuals, a couple of shots from The Storm, and a clip of Luke Alvez shooting at something with gun in one hand, Maglite in other, and JJ aiming her firearm at <unsub?>. Saw Joe, saw Matthew, saw Thomas, Aisha, Kirsten. Didn't see Paget. 

Edited by ReidFan
my mistake!, Luke not with a long gun
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I missed all the drama regarding JJ over the years because I've only been a CM fan for about 18 months. Personally, I liked her far better as the media liaison. I binge watched seasons 1-9 to catch up. Suddenly, she's back and she's a better profiler than those who have been doing it on the show for six years already? It seemed like she was front and center of every freakin' episode for ages. And worst of all, the change from caring, sweet JJ to SuperNinjaBestProfilerEverJJ where she knew everything better than anyone, and started with the eye rolling and stink eye looks at Reid every time he was giving them statistics and other information. This, from someone who was supposed to be the sensitive best friend. *That* is why I don't particularly care for her. Wouldn't say hate. Just my sixth favourite in a cast of seven.

I liked JJ as the liaison, and think there was much missed potential in the team losing that particular position, just as I think there was much missed potential in failing to show JJ accommodating to her new role on the team.  There was gold to be mined there, and they didn't go for it.   For me, that's pretty much the main theme of CM over the past few years----'missed potential'.  

But the characteristics you describe have been toned down since they were introduced, and I appreciate that response to feedback.  So I'm not going to hold it against them, nor the character, in perpetuity.

• Love 5

I actually like JJ, but Will gives me the creeps. I am looking forward to this story (with a side of cautious optimism), although I think it's kind of a shame that one of Hotch's last episodes will have most of the focus on another character. Obviously this wasn't known ahead of time and couldn't be planned for, but it is unfortunate that this is how it worked out.

• Love 3

First of all, I want to say that I don't like that promo pic. It's weird for me that they are such different sizes. And it breaks my heart to not see Hotch. If they want to feature an actor prominently, do it by giving them screen time and not a promo pic. 

I love Paget and I think it makes sense to have Prentiss as the unit chief. That said, I just cannot watch without Hotch. Smoker, you and I are of the same mind on this. 

As for JJ, loved her as the media liaison and was thrilled when they brought her back. But, by the end of season 7, I grew to not care for her based on what they've done to her character. I didn't mind that they made her a profiler, although I preferred her role as the media liaison, but when they started to make her super JJ, it turned me off, especially when in so many episodes she was given so much to do and others were barely given anything. There could be all kinds of reasons for this, but it just bothered me. I don't mind when a cast member gets an episode or two that centers on them, but by season 8 it had become the JJ/Morgan Show. And I also mind when they have JJ take over. Hotch was the unit chief and he should have been the one to decide how to proceed, when to give the profile, what to discuss with the local LEOs, etc. Let me add that I don't like it when any character does this, not just JJ, lest I be accused of being "a hater."

I agree wholeheartedly with JMO about the missed opportunities on CM. Every season I think it's going to be the last one, so I've given up hope of them ever getting some decent writers or returning to the original premise of the show. And now, without Hotch, I won't be watching.

• Love 7

Missed opportunities are always unfortunate. In reading JMO's fics, I've definitely enjoyed some of the gaps she's filled with heartfelt one shots, and dialogue the writers of the show would never let our people say (to their detriment). 

My wish for this season is that's it's filled with nostalgia, new energy, and hope. I want all the bases touched. I want all our team to shine, in their own episodes. I want to understand and like our new people, and I want to cry, mourn, and laugh with our legacy team. And I want Reid. I want A LOT of Reid. I want him to be in the forefront and unafraid. I want him to be sweet and funny like we know he can and I want him to be ON POINT. I want our brilliant Spencer. Rumor is he faces adversity, and most of us have surmised that involves Diana. I'm ready to face that journey with him. 

September 28, are you here yet? 

• Love 1

Reid faces adversity?  Wow, that's new.  :::eyeroll:::

I'm sick to death of Reid in peril.  I'd like to see him strong, happy, loved.  I'd also like the awful specter of serious mental illness to stop hanging over him.

• Love 4

I'm all for a focus on Reid, but I would prefer they come up with a story that doesn't have to do with Diana.  I would have enjoyed that a few years ago, if they'd made a serious effort to get Jane Lynch.  But that time has come and gone, and now I'd prefer to see something that points Reid in a direction for his future. Worrying about premature dementia isn't going to cut it for me.

• Love 6