Type keyword(s) to search

Nickelodeon Channels

Trini
  • Start Topic

So an All That cast mini-reunion is on tonight on TeenNick. I might not be able to catch most of it.

I always thought Josh Server would be one of the breakout stars from All That. I thought he was both cute AND talented. But he kinda disappeared.

No one talks about children shows? Surely I can't be the only parent that hates Peppa Pig? That damn snorting.... my 6-month-old does it sometimes. He loves the show.. and it distracts him during teething...

• Love 2
(edited)

No Thundermans thread sooooooo.........

Barb Thundermann:  Guess what, everybody??  We're going to Hawaii!!!!

Alex Russo:  Did I hear you're going to Hawaii??  I need to tell you all about our trip and where you need to go.

Barb Thundermann:  Who are you and how did you get in here?

Jesse Katsopolis :  Don't listen to her.  I'll tell you everything you need to know about Hawaii.

Sabrina Spellmann:  Ohh, Hawaii.  Woo-hoo!!!

Barb Thundermann:  Where are all these people coming from??

Hank Thundermann:  I don't know, but apparently, they've all been to Hawaii.

Greg Brady:  Did someone say Hawaii?? Groovy!!

Cody Lambert:  Dude, let me tell you all about our trip.

Phoebe Thundermann:  I wish we were going to Disneyworld instead.

Barb Thundermann:  We can't.  We're on Nickelodeon,  not that other channel.

Jesse Katsopolis:  Wait, did you say DisneyWorld??

Cody Lambert:  Totally cool!!  Let me tell you all about........

Phoebe Thundermann:  GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE!!!!!

Edited by Twilight Man
  • Love 2

Also, Barb and Hank must be fans of Friends because they named their daughter Phoebe Monica Rachel Thunderman. Did we hear Phoebe's full name before this episode? I don't remember it.

• Love 1

My kids like the Thundermans and it's not a bad show. Henry Danger is also funny but Piper is seriously the worst TV character ever. Why is it ok to have a preteen be a raging bitch on a kids show and pretend it's funny? 

A little more info on the All That revival:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/09/all-that-revival-kel-mitchell/

Back in February, Nickelodeon announced that they were teaming with Kenan Thompson to revive the beloved sketch show that launched the careers of Thompson, Kel Mitchell, Nick Cannon, and Amanda Bynes. On Thursday, the network revealed that Mitchell and fellow original cast members Lori Beth Denberg and Josh Server will guest-star when the new iteration’s premieres this summer.

Executive produced by Thompson and Mitchell, All That will feature a new group of kids, but, in addition to returning cast members, it will also revive some classic sketches like Good Burger, Vital Information, and Loud Librarian.

Watched the first episode of the All That revival; it had some nice moments for me as a person who watched the original as a kid (the original cast members, and throwback sketches), but I wasn't too impressed otherwise. They should probably stay away from celebrity impressions. Also all the cast seemed pretty young. I know there were kids that young in the original, but there were at least a few teens too.

Anyway, it has a chance to get better. But maybe the actual target audience will like this well enough.

Continuing with the "Nick reviving their shows from the '90s" news:

The first teaser trailers and promos for the new version of Are You Afraid of the Dark? came out this week.

While both of those are good for showing off the imagery for the stories, the one that got me more hyped was this one that shows more (though not a lot) of this newest incarnation of the Midnight Society.

I had no idea they were planning a reboot of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (though given all the reboots/revivals/etc. popping up nowadays, I shouldn't be surprised). 

This looks rather creepy and interesting :). I'll definitely be checking this out. I hope they keep the original opening theme. 

Doing a little further research:

It seems like this is just going to be a mini-series of 3 hour-long specials, all weaving together a single tale of "The Carnival of Doom", airing, appropriately enough, in October.  It was supposed to have  attached to a feature-film release in early October, but that got pulled from the schedule for this year.  The writer, who did the current IT series, is no longer working on the project.  That still might come out, but not until next Halloween.

Speaking of the IT series; one of the kids from that, Jeremy Ray Taylor, is going to be one of the members of the new Society.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

I saw teen nick having a Game Shakers marathon the other day. I hadn't seen that show in a minute. 

I think we've all heard the Dan Schneider stories. I believe if there's smoke there's fire. There's at least some truth to the stories. There's the rumor that when Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) got pregnant at 16 that it was Dan's child.

When Game Shakers started Madisyn Shipman's character, Kenzie, was the smart one who did all the programming for their games. Cree Cicchino's character, Babe, was the heavy who would stand up to the adults if the Game Shakers needed her to.

As the show went on Kenzie got more zany and to an extent dumber as well as lost screen time. Such a shame for that character. However Babe got all the good storylines, was able to do anything, didn't make mistakes and got more screen time than her counterpart. I have to wonder if Dan was sleeping with or trying to sleep with Cree. It just seemed really obvious that Cree's character had become the favorite of the show for some reason.

Has anyone been watching The Astronauts? It just started earlier this month, and I'm liking it so far.

And Hunter Street is coming back for a 4th season next year, which I'm looking forward to.

I haven't watched Teen Nick in a loooooong time but I remember a brief period where it seemed like they were targeting a slightly older age. There was South of Nowhere--a teenage girl from a very religious family coming to terms with her sexuality and has her first relationship. The first 2 (?--I think there were like 5 seasons) were really good. But then they brought in the half sister, they killed off Clay right after his girlfriend found out she was pregnant. That show was a teenage soap opera with sex and drugs and was really good.

The second show I have fond memories of is About a Girl. The main character, Amy, is a freshman in college and hates her dorm and moves out and into a house off campus with 4 guys. Including a super hot guy she kept bumping into in the bathroom when he was just wearing a towel. Unfortunately, his girlfriend practically lived with them. There was an episode where she couldn't sleep in her room because they had loud sex every night and she shared a wall with them. 

I miss those shows! 

• Useful 1

Does anybody remember the bumper like short interviews that Nickelodeon used to do? I don’t know if you could call them bumpers but they did show up during commercial breaks. I have been trying to find one where a girl talks about how she loves to play the guitar and I have been unable to find it (she may have been a cast member from the show Unfabulous). This was probably in the mid 2000s because I was still in elementary school. This interview was a very common one to see.

Good Burger 2 coming to Paramount+ : http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/03/17/nickelodeon-studios-and-paramountplus-announce-good-burger-2-an-all-new-movie-sequel-to-the-iconic-90s-film-917311/20230317nickelodeon01/

Nickelodeon Studios and Paramount+ today announced the greenlight of GOOD BURGER 2, an all-new original movie sequel to the iconic '90s feature film based on the sketch from the comedy series "All That." The movie will follow Dexter Reed (Kenan Thompson) and original cashier, Ed (Kel Mitchell), as they reunite in the present day at fast-food restaurant Good Burger with a hilarious new group of employees. Production will begin in May, with a premiere slated for later this year exclusively on Paramount+. The news was revealed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

In GOOD BURGER 2, Dexter Reed is down on his luck after another one of his inventions fails. Ed welcomes Dex back to Good Burger with open arms and gives him his old job back. With a new crew working at Good Burger, Dex devises a plan to get back on his feet but unfortunately puts the fate of Good Burger at risk once again.

• Like 1
On 3/27/2023 at 3:48 PM, Aryanna said:

@CountvonStafford are you sure it wasn't on Disney. That sounds like something they used to do.

It was definitely Nickelodeon. The longest part was always the part that proceeded the commercial break. The second part was only a few seconds long. Of course I could be misremembering. This was years ago. Can you show me an example of the one from Disney please?

Edited by CountvonStafford
On 4/3/2023 at 10:26 AM, Aryanna said:

@CountvonStafford they were called "the time that I..." and they had kids talk about everything from cooking dinner by themselves to climbing mountains. Look on YT.

I looked at the ones on YouTube. Someone had a playlist with most of them (two were missing) but I did not find one mentioning a girl playing guitar. I am sure it was Nickelodeon because I do remember that the last part that would play before the current show would resume would say “now back to the show.” I think I have a vague idea of what it might have been. They came up with a new version of it called Nick Studio 10 that everyone hated.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/3/2023 at 10:26 AM, Aryanna said:

@CountvonStafford they were called "the time that I..." and they had kids talk about everything from cooking dinner by themselves to climbing mountains. Look on YT.

I believe the bumper might have been shown during U Pick Live or when U Pick Live was a block because I do remember it being in the 2000s. I had completely forgotten about that block. When I saw what it was, it brought back a lot of memories.

Edited by CountvonStafford