Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Family Portrait

I love how sweet Chip's old rodeo clown friend at Arby's was!

I still can't believe that Martha had sex with Dale in the back of his van. Grooooooss. Related story: two married coworkers at my former company were having an affair so they would leave for lunch five minutes apart and then meet in a cul de sac in an industrial park to have sex in the back of one of their minivans. I hate that this show reminded me of that horrible story!

• Love 2

Oh Martha. I would expect that of Dale, but not you.

I love how sweet Chip's old rodeo clown friend at Arby's was!

Yes. It's amazing, and funny, how much he changed after leaving the rodeo. Jody. I liked him.

The biggest laugh for me was when Chip drove into the boxes of oranges. 

Christine: I'm going to have some shark fin soup before all the sharks are gone.

I wonder if Chip will go back to being a clown. Eddie told him that he'll always be a clown -- I guess you can take that two ways, but I think Eddie meant it in a good way -- and Penelope told him he wasn't a sad clown. (I love that she calls him "Chips," or rather "Cheeps.") I can't see him joining another rodeo because the show has already done that. Maybe he'll be a kids party clown. Or not.

Anyway, I felt bad for him. Everything fell apart.

Christine, about the cake: Looks like cork.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 1

I thought (and was hoping) that Dale & Martha in the rocking van was Christina having a bad dream. I'm disappointed that it wasn't.

Penelope is wrong IMO, Chip is a sad cloon.

Not my favorite episode. Will have to watch again to appreciate it more.

Chip's freakout at Arbys was a thing of cringe-comedy beauty, and I laughed like an idiot for a good few minutes when he called Jody "Arby."

Other than that there's a lot to digest. I never saw the Martha-Dale thing coming and I'm still processing that.

• Love 1

So Martha is quite the passionate lover.  Maybe she was internalizing a fantasy that she was with Chip, because Dale's not worthy of Martha.  Well. . .frankly, I don't think Chip is either.  I love Martha.  I'd be happy to watch The Martha & Christine Show.

I liked the ending.  I thought the train would pull into the railyard after about 30 seconds and Chip would be foiled again, so I'm glad the trip to his unknown destiny continued.

ETA:  I didn't see any cactus watering.  What did I miss?

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

If you consider her deadpan delivery of "don't stop" passionate, then yeah, I guess so.

They must have cut the cactus plot for time, unless we both missed it. Also, I have cacti and I water them way more than once a year and they seem very happy, so maybe it's just as well they didn't air that particular storyline.

I think Chip is realizing that he likes Martha in a possibly romantic way but can't figure it out, and her sleeping with his twin just makes the whole thing worse. Twin brothers are competitive as hell -- I am one! (But we are not the same sexual orientation so never had to fight about girls)

This show better win an Emmy for casting. The smaller characters make the show for me. I think Christine's diminutive, cranky mother is hilarious and I heart Jody.

• Love 2