Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ok that is really low to put Toadie and everyone through that.  I feel sorry for her daughter too.

Sonya should never have become the surrogate, she is way too involved and trying to control what Mark and Steph do already.

7 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Isn't there some legal issue with Toadie and Sonya's marriage since Dee is alive ?

No, because Dee was legally declared dead, which meant Toadie was free to marry again. Dee turning up alive again doesn't negate that, her legal status still stands until it can be overturned in court, and even if that happens, it has no impact on Toadie's marriage to Sonya.

Good for Nell telling - but Dee and her Mr. Wombat threats finally prove Dee is evil.  Is she really Dee or somehow a fake?  Sounded like she might be.  Willow doesn't seem to be entirely OK with it all.  

LOL the men's sausage competition.  

It was clarified a while ago that it is not Dee.  It is someone called Andrea who looks exactly like Dee and Cindy (?) and her cooked up the scheme together because of that to get the money.  Willow knows it is all a lie and doesn't like it at all.  Yes the wombat threats were evil, as is the whole thing I think.

Wow could they have come up with any more double entendres with the whole sausage thing, too funny.

I am glad that horrible man isn't David's and Leo's father.

I agree about that man not being David and Leo's father !  Looks like it is going to be the one whose daughter is working with Therese. 

That bishop ought to be fired. He is advancing dishonesty. I'm over this being kept from Jack. 

I didn't know there was a Neighbours forum. My thoughts on recent developments.

I actually like the potential of Mark and Elly providing the show takes it very slow. I think that it is her lover's daughter who damaged Steph's bike.

I want Paige to smack Jack in his insanely handsome face. He is such a coward. She is right. He knows that the baby is his, yet he refuses to ask her or admit the truth because it would put his perfect world in turmoil. No doubt he will blame the bishop and Paige when the truth comes out rather than face his own cowardice and weakness.

I don't care who Leo and David's father is. It is a neverending story. While I like the build up to Leo and Amy, I cannot stand how David has behaved towards Aaron. I have no clue why Aaron is pining for or is remotely interested in David. I rolled my eyes when Aaron praised David for claiming to be the father of Paige's baby when it was total cowardice. Aaron should be his friend only when he slinks out. 

Heh, I thought Andrea looked even more scrawny in that towel than she usually does to me.  What a piece of work she is.  What happened to Willow needing a birth certificate for the school?

Hi Simone, welcome.  Yeah Jack is a wuss imo, no idea what Paige sees in him.

And yes, they are dragging out the story with Leo and David's father far too long with not much happening.  I get David not wanting to come out and how scary and painful that process can be.  I hope he feels free to be himself soon.

That fake id thing will end so badly for Piper.

I agree with Mark, It is no business of Steph's what he does now, and Sonya needs to get off her high horse too.  Was she ever going to be able to let go of that baby?

(edited)

Heh Gulftastic, spot on.  I used to like Sonya but they have ruined her for me.

Total coincidence/plot contrivance Andrea looking and sounding just like Dee afaik.

That woman who plays Jasmine is a terrible actress imo.  And why does every boss of Terese's have to be awful.  She can't catch a break with her bosses.

Edited by Nozycat

One would think Andrea could fail to remember something and be outed as not Dee.  How did she know the wedding vows?  Dumb plot all around. 

They may be headed for Mark/Sonya.  

On 10/03/2017 at 1:00 PM, Kim0820 said:

One would think Andrea could fail to remember something and be outed as not Dee.  How did she know the wedding vows?  Dumb plot all around. 

They may be headed for Mark/Sonya.  

The two most insufferable characters at the moment, They deserve each other.

On 11/03/2017 at 0:00 AM, Kim0820 said:

I thought she didn't know the vows? Didn't she tell Toadie that she couldn't remember anything about the day, and then she asked him to remind her, and he said he'd never forgotten the vows, and then he said them for her?

Does anyone else think that maybe Andrea really is Dee, but for some reason she thinks she's Andrea, and so does Willow? Or maybe Andrea does know that she is Dee, but she hasn't told Willow for some reason. Maybe Willow isn't really Dee's daughter. Or maybe she isn't really 15. Or maybe she is Dee's 15-year-old daughter, and her dad is Darcy, and Dee faked her miscarriage of Darcy's baby for some reason (although I forget how far along Dee was when she had her miscarriage, so maybe that doesn't fit). It does sort of seem like they're trying to hint that it really is Dee, because they keep giving Willow these lines like, "Remember that you're not really Dee!", when Andrea is talking as though she is. Also, it would be pretty ridiculous to wait all these years to bring back the actual Dee actress, only to make her play a character who isn't really Dee.

Edited by neutron

You are right, neutron, I did not remember it.  Yet there would be something she would fail to remember at some point.  A very good point about bringing an actress back - the conflict to dramatize is enough with Dee just coming back, so it is weird the writers added something to it.  She could have memory loss or be doing something more twisted than appears.  

I think it would be really contrived at this point to come up with some way for 'Andrea' to really be Dee, she and Willow seems to have a pretty solid history.

I have no idea where they're going with some of this stuff though. Willow's worried about not getting into this fancy school, but isn't the whole plan to just take Toadie's money and run? She wouldn't be going to the school either way! Unless they're planning to live out this alternative life until...when? When Willow graduates? 

It just seems inconceivable that they can keep up the lie indefinitely, and when it eventually comes out that's just such a cruel thing to do.  

I don't think she is the real Dee either.   I think Willow has been reminding her of that because Andrea has been acting as if she has been starting to believe her own lies.

Thank heavens Jack finally knows it's his baby.

How ridiculous was Tyler using the angel grinder.

The usual soap thing of saving your friend rather than the professionals.  

I'm glad Jack finally knows too.  Both of them are nuts.  Jack is easily distracted by distressed females from his past and that's how he lost Paige. He should know by now he is not cut out to be a priest.  

LOL Andrea is not smart enough not leave clues that make it simple for her to be found.

Can't believe Toadie is still not suss.  He is so snowed by Willow and the idea of having her as a daughter.  And both he and Sonya need to stop spending so much time with Dee and Mark respectively, they are both playing with danger.

There's no logic to any of the storylines these days...

So...Toadie's going to go to London, one of the biggest cities in the world to find two people? I know he had a hotel name but by the time he gets there they'd have more than enough time to have moved on. Then again they seem to be able to organise international trips on remarkably short notice so maybe they'll still be there.

Are we meant to feel sorry for Elly that the other teacher sold her out? Unless she had reason to believe he'd harm the students she has no right to dictate whether or not he keeps working there. If anything she's the one with the more questionable track record at this point. 

Small positive: while I think Sheila was out of line with Terese, it was good to see her take a hard line with Xanthe (and not blame Ben for going along the the tab stunt).

I agree about Elly - I guess she thinks she owns the place because the principal is her aunt.  Why can't she continue a professional relationship as it has been a while.  

Is Leo still after Amy?  It's hard to tell.  He knew he was on the list of men who let her down.  I thought I heard him encourage her to have an interest in someone else. 

Yeah some ridiculous storylines - I do love Neighbours though, heh.  And good to see them doing something better with David's and Leo's hair.

Yes I think Leo is still after Amy. 

I thought Sheila was right to ask Terese to stop undermining her authority with Xanthe but could have been not so harsh and full on about it.

7 hours ago, Olivia Y said:

Small positive: while I think Sheila was out of line with Terese, it was good to see her take a hard line with Xanthe (and not blame Ben for going along the the tab stunt).

Yeah, I thought so too, although I did laugh when Sheila hit Ben (rather than Xanthe) while simultaneously going on about how it was all Xanthe's fault.

That was some heavy stuff... totally didn't see the Sonya thing coming...

So does this mean FakeDee is actually in love with Toadie? Or was she still trying to pull the con?

Edited by Olivia Y

Wow they have really ramped up the drama.  Agreed - great performances.  I am glad it's finally out about 'Dee' and Willow but so sad for Toadie. Sonya - now you know what it was like for Toadie to see you so intimate with Mark all the time.

I think FakeDee is totally messed up and wouldn't know what being in love means and she was still playing him just because she could.

Piper looks so much more grown up with her hair out like that.  I like both.

Plot contrivance.  Although people do sometimes have others who look just like them - doppelgangers.

I have a cold, dark heart, lol.  But I feel no empathy for Sonya.  She is such a drama queen and makes everything about her.  Couldn't believe Mark had to comfort her and she couldn't do the same for him.  I feel far more for Toadie even though I hate cheating.

Sheesh Paige make up your mind.  And what is with Amy sticking her nose in Jack and Paige's business and being so judgmental.  At least she apologised.

Yes, the back and forth about Queensland is getting silly.  I hope Brad and Lauren don't go, either. 

Indeed, Sonya was carrying the baby for Mark, and now it is as if it was her baby and not Mark's.  Still unbelievable that a guy like Mark can't become a dad without having a surrogate.  Like Nate on H&A, yeah right, a good looking man with a good career can't find a good woman.  

And Sonya should have gotten hold of herself when Nell was asking for her.  

Ah Mark, I guess he never watched Game of Thrones or he'd know better than to name an unborn baby after a deceased loved one. 

A lot of the criticism of Sonya is a bit unfair, her hormones would be wildly out of control and it's a lot to deal with both losing a baby and having your husband cheat on you in the same week. To be honest though I am so tired of this plotline, and it's all so pointless now. The whole point of the surrogacy is because Mark wanted to be with Steph, who couldn't have children, and to have a baby of his own at the same time. Now that he and Steph are separated the whole issue is moot.

On a very shallow note: even though I find Jack pretty tiresome with his back-and-forth on the church/Paige issue, I have to say he looke  hot ripping out the collar and opening his shirt. Now let's wrap up that storyline too. 

I don't get the writers here. Had it been Dee, Toadie could have been genuinely torn and the story would have made more sense and been more interesting. 

Way past ready for jack to leave the church. He can't be a parent and a priest. He has a rescue complex. He slept with Paige after he had rescued her. You don't have to be a Catholic priest to rescue people. 

On 29/03/2017 at 0:13 PM, Kim0820 said:

I don't get the writers here. Had it been Dee, Toadie could have been genuinely torn and the story would have made more sense and been more interesting. 

I suppose if it really had been Dee, then the writers would have had to work really hard to convince us now that there's no chance of Toadie being torn. And it's perfectly acceptable for us to never see Madeleine West on the show again, because why would Toadie or anyone ever want anything to do with Andrea? So it's a pretty convenient plot point to make Andrea pretend to be Dee, because it gave Toadie a believable reason to cheat, and then a believable reason to immediately be turned off doing it again.

With another person I would sure feel empathy but Sonya has lost all her goodwill with me by making everything about her in the past and she is continuing to form.

Yeah they had to make it notDee if they then wanted her completely out of the picture, I agree.

I am ready too for Jack to step out of the priesthood, he is so wooden as a priest, much more natural with the collar off.  would be interesting to see how he copes.

Wow Leo and David's mum is awful.

Edited by Nozycat

Love the eloquence of Sheila's email. 'Gary is sad'. LOL.

Goodness, I thought the acting couldn't get any worse than Jasmine, but then the mother turns up and it's like a whole other level of bad acting. Say what you want about the awful/contrived storyline with Toadie and Sonya etc. but at least those people can act. 

I wasn't paying that close attention but somehow they found out that their mother and Scott were both at Erinsborough High at the same time and I think went to the formal together?

(edited)

I am having trouble following who is supposed to be Japanese, and which side of the family David and Leo's great grandma was supposed to be on. Initially, David and Leo thought that their dad was Japanese, and now all of a sudden David is thinking it's Scott Robinson, who isn't Japanese. Is all of this confusion intentional because David and Leo don't have a clue where they come from, or is it just due to bad writing?

I noticed also that Kim and Paul never explicitly admitted that Scott was David and Leo's dad, but David and Aaron were definitely acting like they knew for sure that he was, so I assumed we were supposed to realise that Kim must have admitted it. But then the preview for tomorrow said that we will finally find out who their dad is, which seems to suggest that we don't currently know whether or not it's Scott.

I actually think the actress playing Kim isn't doing too bad of a job. I legitimately can't tell whether the actress really talks in that annoyed tone or whether she's putting it on for the role. IMO, Kim has definitely been coming across as someone who is stressed from keeping such a big secret all these years, because she seems a little unhinged or something, and she always sounds so irritated when David and Leo try to talk about their dad with her. I can definitely imagine someone in her position acting and speaking the way she does, even though I find her a bit annoying to listen to.

Edited by neutron

I think they said the other day that their grandfather was Japanese and that was where it came from.

Yeah as far as I understand it is not certain yet who is their father although they are pretty sure now it is Scott.  Thank heavens we finally find out, this has been dragging out for so long.

You are kinder about Kim and the actress who plays her than I am, I think both are awful.

So if it's Scott then Amy and Leo are cousins? Eck. Also, how many times have they done the storyline with the 'blooming romance turns out to be related'? I recall one where they were half-siblings and one was a false scare but still icky to think about.

Does anyone know the heritage of the characters who play Leo and David? I can sort of believe David would be mixed race but not Leo.

Spoiler

OH. ICK FACTOR.

Good to see that the hospital takes patient confidentiality so seriously. No idea where they're going with the Elly/Finn storyline, and can't really bring myself to care. The Toadie storyline is insufferable, and I fear they're going to drag it out for eons. 

You know, after all the Dee stuff, how is it that no one here thought to do a DNA test? 

I just realised that the last time this (sort of) happened was when Rebecca thought Paul was the father of Oliver, who was dating his daughter Elle at the time (at least that one turned out not to be the case). How many kids does Paul have now?