Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks neutron.  Yes, one would think Lauren should know how to train them.  

Xanthe is an entertaining character. 

Doesn't seem like Amy to do this stuff.  They've presented her as a more secure person than that.  Georgia has a lot of nerve too.  She could just try again when she does not hear anything, too, so throwing the letter away isn't really useful.  Just deal with the issue  up front.  I would hope Kyle tells her no and tells her off, but he did say he still had feelings for her.  Then again how could he trust her?  Her whole proceedings are even worse than Hannah's on H&A.  

Glad the Steph and Phillipa conflict was worked out.  I think they likely exaggerated the chances of adoption there to make drama - parental rights are as they should be much harder to terminate than to just point to past mental illness that is now treated.  They could have been more realistic to turn it on visitation and Steph's chances of getting it.  

So, as soon as we had our indignant rants about Steph and Mark, they hopped into bed with each other after all. Typical Neighbours. :P

Hey yes, I thought that too.

Paige can act quite entitled.  She turned down Mark but nobody else can have him.  And the other day she cancelled her shift at the last minute for no good reason and then got upset when what she had planned fell through and she turned up to work after all and found someone else working there in her place.

Xanthe is a horrible employee, if I were Lauren she would be gone.

Poor Aaron, that guy is a piece of work.

Edited by Nozycat

I don't think Sonya blamed Aaron (although Toadie seemed pretty annoyed at him). I think it was more a case of, it doesn't look good for the mayor to keep an assistant like Aaron, especially when Tom's going to try to pin everything on him.

Hilary is Paul's dad's cousin. She first arrived on the show in 1987 to attend Daniel's parents' wedding.

Edited by neutron

I can't see what Piper sees in Brodie, he seems horrible to me.

Mark keeps getting involved with women who are so different to him.

Yeah, I don't like the way Brodie treats the family that he apparently feels like he is part of, and the way he tries to get between Piper and the rest of them. If he really wants to be part of the family, shouldn't he be trying to unite them?

I disagree about Mark. I think the original Steph (before she got sick) was a lot like Mark (in that they're both family people, and they have similar interests). And they seem to be gradually turning Steph's character back to her old ways, so I think if that continues, then she could be a good match for Mark.

I thought Sonya was a bit mean and hypocritical for not giving Aaron another chance, and telling him that he wasn't suited to working for the council. Apart from the Tom thing, he's been a good and helpful assistant, and it's not as though she's ever worked for the council before either anyway.

Edited by neutron

Brodie is a creep.  I am glad Piper finally saw it.  But may not be the last we see of him.

Yeah Neutron, I can see your point about Mark and Steph but still think they are different in that he is so rule bound and she, like Naomi and Paige, is much more of a free spirit and likely to bend the rules.

Agreed about Sonya, she has after all been given second chances herself after messing up quite badly.

I thought Sonya overreacted too. It would be like blaming Piper because Brody took her phone. Aaron had no reason at that point to think TOm would do such a thing. And Sonya has messed up enough herself.

Amy's mother's hair is very nice. Nice for her to have both parents around.

Have they done something to Josh's hair, looked really rich and shiny and darker to me.

Heh @ Xanthe with Ben.

Looks like someone might die in the explosion/fire whatever it is.  They sure do have a lot of disasters, lol.

I thought Sonya overreacted too. It would be like blaming Piper because Brody took her phone. Aaron had no reason at that point to think TOm would do such a thing. And Sonya has messed up enough herself.

Well, I did think that it was a bit inappropriate for Aaron to even get together with Tom in the first place, at least while the council was still considering the development application. And working on confidential stuff in front of him was inappropriate too.

(edited)

Yes naive and inappropriate - accepting all those gifts too.  He had no bad intent though and one would hope he would learn from that and I think he deserves a second chance.

Wow that was intense, the scenes with Josh and his family.  I knew the actor was leaving but didn't realise they were going to kill him off.

Why do so many women throw themselves at Karl?

Edited by Nozycat
(edited)

This might sound a bit weird, but I'm so glad that Josh got such a good death scene. He became one of my favourite characters over the years. But I'm sad that he's gone. :(

I was hoping that Georgia would be the one to die instead. Kind of mean, I know, but she is annoying me. :P Where did she even go, though? Didn't Amy and Kyle run straight from Georgia's room into the lift, and then it got stuck? So based on that, I assumed that Georgia was still stuck in the room or the corridor or something, but nobody even seemed concerned about where she was.

Edited by neutron

I've lost the plot as far as that woman with Karl. Who is she?

Don't know why they killed josh off as he could have just moved to Brisbane.

Kyle owns a business so why would Georgia not just get a job there? She expects him to give up the business he built up to go to Germany and do what? A nurse can get a job anywhere. She is so selfish.

(edited)

I've lost the plot as far as that woman with Karl. Who is she?

Sarah Beaumont. Karl had an affair with her nearly 20 years ago, and when Susan found out, Karl and Sarah claimed that they had only kissed. And then Sarah left the show, but she came back for a few episodes in 2013 and revealed that they had actually slept together. If you read the second last paragraph of the Storylines section of her Wikipedia page, some of that stuff might sound familiar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Beaumont#Storylines

Edited by neutron
(edited)

Thanks for explaining about Sarah, that was before my time with Neighbours.  Why is Karl being so secretive though, better to tell Susan up front than have her find out that way.  Oh it's Karl.

Yeah and Kyle didn't want to leave before anyway, why would he now?m  Indeed where is Georgia?

I also thought Josh got a good death scene.

Wow they killed Doug too :-(.

That wasn't much of a farewell for Kyle.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah I can't remember that either but must have seen it, heh.

What's up with Nate?  He's not that dumb to just disappear and not expect Aaron to have struggled with that.  He hasn't even apologised properly, is acting offended and non-understanding, and seems to expect Aaron to not be upset at all.

And what was up with Sheila last night?  She seemed to be acting completely differently to the way she normally does, I thought she was weird.  Directed differently maybe?

Wow Sarah is awful.

I am glad Brad's mum finally forgave Ned, Lauren did well there.

Edited by Nozycat

Yes spit it out Sarah. She is clearly dying and wants Karl and Susan to take care of her kids.

I bet for once Paul is innocent. Therese is going to end up eating crow. They are setting her up for it.

Spencer will finally be waking up lol

So Imogen and Daniel are leaving too?  Big cast turnover at the moment.  I am glad Amy is staying, I like her.

I like Daniel's sister so far too.

Xanthe makes me laugh, the actress is playing her well.

So what is the real story with Toadie?

Eta - Why on earth is Nate so invested in Aaron not telling the truth and telling him what to do?  Seems really strange to me.

Edited by Nozycat

Wow Brad went to the police because he couldn't talk to Ned?  He said he didn't want to accuse him but he could have handle it like Lauren did.  Wuss.

The actress who plays Sarah is terribly pigeon toed, wonder why they con't pick her up on that.

Does that motel have no reception and office?  They are always in the store room.  Where do people check in?  Ridiculous.

Didn't know they were leaving.  Hopefully they get to go off happily ever after.  Enough death.  

I don't want Ned or Paul to be guilty.  It would be nice if it just turned out to be Al Qaeda or something.   After Amy stuck by Paul it would really not be any fun if it was he.  And Ned, just no, don't want Brad's son to be guilty.  

Paige and Amnesiac - hope he's not married or gay.  I forgot to call him Spencer, so that's a good sign.  

Therese ought not to, in spite of her loss, make contractors adhere to conditions regarding their personal lives.  

(edited)

I don't think it will be Ned or Paul.  I think it will be Steph's or Ned's friends.  Lol @ wanting it to be Al Qaeda.

Ridiculous that no one would be looking for 'John', they better have a good explanation for that.

Ned so has a crush on Lauren.

Eta - Seriously Lauren?  So you can see Ned flirting with you so you go up close to him when he is half naked and sweaty and riled up and put your hands on his hand and arm?  Way to encourage him.

Toadie is stupid to try and hide Walter from Sonja and outright lie about him and now Walter is lying to her too.  She will be pissed and hurt.

Edited by Nozycat

I couldn't believe Paige going all high school and asking Mark of all people to check with John if he likes her and Mark actually agreeing. Ridiculous.  As is Paige's obsession with John imo.

(edited)

I would think that Mark would be so attractive to women generally that he would quit finding the wrong women - maybe he really does not want kids subconsciously?  Though I doubt that.  His girlfriends are either too young or too old or they get killed.  

Sonya's story with Mitch is confusing.  I remember him being there before but not really being him or some such thing.  If her parents were together when killed, how does the younger sister Jade come about?  

Edited by Kim0820

I thought Mark and Kate were so much better together than either Paige or Steph.  Weird pairings.

I don't think Walt/Mitch was there before, it was somebody pretending to be him.  Jade must have been born already when their parents were killed.  So there is some secret about that and looks like Walt was involved in their death.

I wish they would get on with revealing who caused the explosion, another storyline going on to long for me.

I thought yesterday's episode was really well done. The trial was very entertaining, and Toadie was awesome. And I liked today's episode too. Terese's acting has been good, and I thought Jimmy did well too. Was that the first time they have shown Paul's leg stump in the flesh? Interesting. Looks like some (or all?) of John's memories are going to come back soon, which is good, because I think that storyline has dragged on for long enough too.

Yeah the actors playing Terese and Jimmy are doing a good job, I think most of the actors are pretty good.

Agreed that John's storyline is dragging on too long.  At least with the explosion storyline stuff is happening.

Really Susan?  Not suspending Angus is one thing but cleaning up the graffiti yourself is another and I don't blame Ben for being upset.

That's one soap opera secret that is stupid to keep.  Sarah is stupid to start with.  Who does that to their kid?  Susan and Karl are really put in a tough position.  They ought to tell both boys or at least try to treat Angus as normal.  

LOL Xanthe and the Needy Kids reminds me of the episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy and Ethel think they can fund a trip to Europe with the made up charity "Ladies Overseas Aid."  

Yeah Sarah acted so stupid when she first came back and now again with not telling Angus.  If I were Karl and Susan I would  insist on telling him.  Now with Ben knowing I bet he will find out soon and will rightfully be angry at everyone lying to him.

I am finding Xanthe very entertaining.

I find Paige dresses very inappropriately for work.

So Steph promises to spend time with Charlie after she has been so busy and instead goes to have sex with Mark as a way of solving their problems?

Welcome back Gary, lol!  And he turned up just in time to save Xanthe.  Sheila asks what kind of idiot gets into a stranger's car?  Xanthe, of course.

Poor Angus.  He claims his Dad does not want him.  His mother is a dope who doesn't tell him she has cancer and runs off on apparently lesser reasons.  

Wow, I really wasn't expecting John to be a priest! Good plot twist. Apparently the actor didn't even know about it when he first took the job.

I didn't understand when Gary or Sheila or someone said that the $10000 was somehow a clue that Julie caused the explosion and that the police would've realised sooner if Ben and Xanthe had come clean about the money. I think they said Tom stole it from the till, but it's not like the police would've known where the money came from, and since Tom apparently didn't even know that Julie caused the explosion, I don't see how knowing about the money would've been a hint that Julie was involved at all. So what was that about?

I bet Paul has some extreme revenge planned on all of Erinsborough for not believing he was framed. It will probably culminate with him doing something even worse than the explosion. :P

Yeah I can't stand Angus' mother, she treats him horribly and is so weird.

I wasn't expecting John to be a priest either.  Funny how he had the clothes immediately available, where did they come from, lol.

I also didn't understand about the money being a clue.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Nozycat said:

I wasn't expecting John to be a priest either.  Funny how he had the clothes immediately available, where did they come from, lol.

When Brennan returned to John and told him that they had visited the address he had remembered and brought back a bag, I assumed that the bag contained his priest outfit.

I don't remember ever being aware that John was living with the Cannings until he left. I don't recall ever seeing him in their house. I think I maybe vaguely remember them discussing him moving in at some point, but that's it.

Really, Walter? Why would you kidnap Nell? How can that possibly help anything?

Edited by neutron
17 hours ago, neutron said:

When Brennan returned to John and told him that they had visited the address he had remembered and brought back a bag, I assumed that the bag contained his priest outfit.

Ah I see, thanks, I missed that.  Yeah I don't remember John living with the Cannings either.  Some things they drag out so long and then others they skip over seemingly.

Walter is an idiot, he should have been upfront from the start and now kidnapping Nell is so stupid.  Sonya was stupid too and totally disrespectful of Toadie getting Nell tested without his knowledge and agreement.

(edited)

Seems pretty strange that Zoe would have to fly over to the US for the bone marrow transplant rather than Callum flying to Australia. I would've thought that the priority would be for the person who has leukaemia to rest and the other person to do the long distance travelling. Obviously they're not actually going to be showing Callum (I assume), so that's the reason for it, but they could've just made something up about the operation being in Sydney, and then not showed any of it. It was also strange that they didn't mention Jade being tested for a match (well, I don't remember them mentioning that, anyway). You'd think they'd test Zoe's (other) sister before testing her niece and nephew.

I also didn't understand Walter's explanation for what he was hoping to achieve by kidnapping Nell? He said something about wanting to meet up with a friend or something. He didn't seem to have plans to actually have the transplant performed without Toadie and Sonya's permission.

Edited by neutron
(edited)

Yeah ridiculous that Zoe would fly to the US, total plot contrivance.

Walt said something about a friend who would help him out but I didn't get any other details.  Another plot contrivance without any explanation that makes sense.

Wow Paige can be so self-centred, she doesn't seem to care in the slightest that Jack is going through something profound, only about herself.

What was up with Sarah wearing a scarf with all that hair poking out underneath?

I am liking Gary, Sheila and Zanthe, I think they work well together.

Edited by Nozycat

Forbidding a relationship to a teen never works out for the parent.  How old is Tyler supposed to be?   

I agree Paige is not being very understanding or trying to.  Not that she's all that mature or could be expected to be, but you'd think she'd stop and think and we'd find out how she was raised - with no religion maybe, so it's not hitting her yet that this might be more serious than she thinks.  

I thought Tyler was supposed to be quite young (like 19 or 20) when he first joined the show. I feel like I remember them saying that quite explicitly, because of the storyline where he was stuck at home by himself with his abusive dad, and then finally left home when he was old enough. But now I keep reading online elsewhere that he is around 24, which doesn't make sense (although I think he is around that age in real life, or maybe slightly older).

I agree about Paige's self-centredness. I don't understand how Jack could be with Paige even if he did stop being a priest. Like, for someone to have genuinely wanted to become a priest in the first place, their faith wouldn't just be this tiny insignificant part of their life that they could easily ignore. And so it's like when people bring their work home and it sometimes annoys their partner, except in this case, Jack is working for a boss that Paige doesn't even believe exists. I mean, even if Jack wasn't a priest, his love for God would surely shape all of his decisions, so it would be a really significant part of his life, and that would cause problems in their relationship because Paige wouldn't have those same priorities.  Not to mention, she doesn't seem to have much respect for his faith at all, so she constantly underestimates and downplays its importance, and I would imagine she'd get sick of him fairly quickly. And in Jack's eyes, it's Paige versus the creator of the universe, so it seems fairly arrogant of her to try to claim that she is more important than God when you think about it from his point of view. And if she can't think about things from his point of view, then I don't see how their relationship will work. Anyway, I will stop my analysis there, because it's just a TV show, but the storyline has made me stop and think about these things a lot, obviously. :P

• Love 1

Yes totally stupid of Therese to be so hardline, it only pushes the child further towards the undesirable when parents do that.

Paige is certainly being totally immature, but Jack has been telling her how important this is to him and she is totally ignoring that.  Totally agree with all you said Neutron.

Why did they have to bring Belinda back, I thought we were done with her.

(edited)

Heh yes who couldn't see that coming with Xanthe's dress.

Yeah I don't get Piper's wig either.  Or why they are leaving for the formal at 4.30, do they start that early now?

Piper sure is proving that she is too young for Tyler.  Tyler has grown up a lot since he first came to Neighbours and she is still so immature.

Eta: How did Tom all of a sudden become a good guy?

I see zero chemistry between Paige and Jack.  At least she had a mature moment when he made his decision.

Edited by Nozycat

I know right?  I was thinking that every time they went into the penthouse.

And what was up with Brad proposing in Terese's backyard, that wasn't just dumb, it was rude, insulting and thoughtless imo.

Enough already with Jack and Paige, I am so over that storyline.

Yeah we all know he is going to leave the priesthood for her.  IMO it would have been as interesting if he'd been an Episcopalian priest or Protestant minister.  Paige is not exactly the pastor's wife type of person, so it would have been interesting enough without throwing the celibacy of Catholic priests in.  Now that he knows he is in love with her, then he should question himself.  I am Catholic and I think they will have to allow married clergy soon or they will have no priests at all.  The parish I grew up in and my current one now both share pastors with other churches.   I don't even know of any priest under 60.   Therefore Spencer, um, Jack is an unrealistic 2016 character.  

Nice to have Martha, I mean, Ellie in Erinsborough.  She and Spencer never got to meet since she left SB way earlier than he was ever thought of.  

From what's on screen we know Xanthe is telling the truth so it will be interesting to see what happens.  The legal system is not about trying people based on their character though, but the fact.  I doubt Xanthe's past shenanigans are allowed into evidence.  Cooper's  mother is a real jerk, you can see why Cooper thinks he is entitled and is stressed out to get good grades.  

Surely they must somehow eventually find the footage of Xanthe and Cooper.

I  don't understand the guy with the snakes.  Where did he come from, what has he got to do with anyone?

I am over the bike path story - boring.