Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am getting sick of Brennan always being so angry and confrontational, even when interviewing suspects.  I am watching a British show where they use much more neutral attitude techniques which are supposed to be the new way of doing it and that looks much more effective to me.  But just in general he so often seems so angry these days.

True, Brennan is not a very subtle cop who uses different interview strategies.  It's always the tough-guy-assume-guilt thing.  

I liked the scene where Amy comforted Steph.  

I don't know if it's a good storyline to have Sheila feel guilty - seems she ran out to get help.  Why do characters feel they must do the rescues themselves?  Also not warming up to the blame Brad for saving Lauren first - he could not take them both at once, and one of them had to be first, and get help for the other.  Brad could have left to get help rather than doing it himself and possibly causing harm.  It's not like he had to be judging one life to be worth more than the other, and either choice would seem unkind to the other. 

Yeah and Brennan is so angry and aggressive in general.

Agreed that Brad really had no choice.  But what's up with him spending all this time with Terese now?  Oh and I hated the way Lauren just planted herself in front of Terese' hospital room window and just stared in at her, totally creepy.

So is someone gaslighting Steph with the Greensleeves music or is she getting sick again?

Looks like gas lighting for sure now as the lady who had her car repaired was on the phone with whoever it was.  We know she did in fact ask for brake pads.  

Sudden discovered soap opera talent - now Daniel is a salesman.  

I guess we are to realize Paige really wants Tyler.  

So it's Paul being evil again and gaslighting Steph, hope he gets found out soon.

Ick at the new Daniel.

So Brad and Lauren were together for all of 5 minutes and they have already broken them up again - I've got whiplash.

Oh Paige, dumb move.

I am annoyed that not everybody knows about what Paul did to Steph.  Belinda is such bad news.

Daniel's heading down a bad road.

Poor Imogen and Josh, dad moves out, moves back in, moves back out again.  Make up your mind.

Why does Lauren keep standing there gawking at Terese?  She did it at the hospital, now she has done it at least twice on the street.  I find it creepy and rude.

I think the actor who plays Josh has been doing a great job with the current baby storyline.

Edited by Nozycat

How does Amber get offered such a job - what experience does she have?  And moving away is a jerk move at this point.  But then if we're getting rid of this character . . . . 

The D'Amato villain and his victim/henchwoman are getting old.  New ones are needed.  

Yeah Amber didn't even consider Josh, jerk move indeed.

I was bored with D'Amato the first time around.

Mark is such a grump all the time.  And I am peeved that he is now proved to be right with Paige being abducted, he can get on an even higher horse.

Belinda sure is a piece of work

Oh I didn't notice that, I usually ff through the credits.  I wonder why he is with Steph and Sheila, he doesn't have that much to do with them.

Lol @ ALL of Paul's clothes being at the dry cleaners.

And @ Mark just standing there when Paige was running towards him and screaming, great reflexes, Mark - not.

Steph is in such denial about Belinda imo, she is a nutcase.

I thought Sonia was over-blaming herself.  I can see why she might feel bad if things go wrong, after what Carl told her.  But then barging into the surgery seemed a reasonable thing to do at the time.  Belinda is a nutcase.  

I'm glad Paige got herself out.  

LOL Therese at welcoming Paul into the street.  Yeah he's very welcome there to so many of its inhabitants.  

Yeah Sonia overdoes a lot of stuff imo. She annoys me sometimes with that.  Also like her competitiveness when playing games. Very different to how I remember her earlier where I thought she was a lot calmer.  

Lol also @ Karl investing with Paul, that will end well - not.

Wow, Sonia, jealous and manipulative much?  And what a turn around.

Edited by Nozycat

Daniel is just strange at the moment.  Poor Imogene.  

Wow they are good with the dog.  The dog training must be excellent.  I wonder what is wrong with poor Bossy.  

I feel bad for Josh.  Amber is such a drip.  She cannot decide who can and cannot live in Brisbane and they don't have to live together.  Maybe she had a point of him straightening out his head or whatever it is, but it also is made harder that way.  

So Bossy had all that foam around her mouth and was biting people and now she is allowed to run around again biting more people.  Very irresponsible and why do they not know yet what is wrong with her?  But the dog who plays her is very well trained.

Amber has a hide moving away and telling Josh he can't come.  He is the baby's father and has just as much right as she does.  Interesting they are going with post natal depression for him, that had not crossed my mind.

I feel like I've missed something, but I'm not sure how, because I've been watching every episode. At the start of today's episode, Toadie and Sonya were talking about their house being robbed (I presume recently), and later when Aaron saw the mess in the Kennedys' house, he told Mark that he thought there had been "another" robbery. I don't remember any robberies occurring. When was there a robbery?

I also don't remember Amy forgiving Paul and agreeing to go back into business with him. Did that happen? Or is she not actually starting a gazebo business and she just randomly offered the vet/surgeon a gazebo in order to save Bossy?

In typical soap style, Charlie appears to have magically aged faster than the normal rate since he's been absent from the show. I read that the kid now playing him is Eddie McGuire's son. As far as I can tell, he appears to have little to no television acting experience, but obviously everyone has to start somewhere, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It'll be interesting to see how he goes. By the way, I'm pretty sure Max was also charged with manslaughter at some point, and I think he had some mental health issues too, so I don't fully understand why he is allowed to be Charlie's guardian and Steph isn't, but I guess it somehow makes sense in Neighbours world.

Edited by neutron

Strange.  I don't remember any robberies at all.  I think Carl and Susan's tryst was how they made a mess of the place.  The doctor and nurse get up, lol.

Yeah, I suppose the gazebo business could still be in operation?  Paul had the idea but no money.  I really thought the dog's contract might be up and they'd found alternative acting work for her!  lol

I don't know anything about Max.  It should be tough to have parental rights revoked, especially where nothing seems to have recently changed.  I guess that is Toadie's next job and he'll spend time with his client Steph and Sonya won't be too happy about that.  

Does Nate have a job?  Must be nice to be able to pack up and go to Europe whenever you feel you need to get away.  

Yeah, I know that Karl and Susan made that mess in their house and it wasn't actually robbed. I was just talking about the fact that Aaron mentioned that another robbery had happened previously. I wonder if it's a mistake in the script, or if we're just supposed to have gathered that it happened at some point even though it wasn't actually shown.

Yeah, Nate was working at The Waterhole. That's why Sheila was wondering what she was going to do without him, and then she replaced him with Steph. Apparently Nate's coming back in April. The actor just took a short break to perform in a production of King Lear.

Just read that the actress playing Julie Quill (the new owner of Lassiter's) is married to Paul in real life. Interesting.

Edited by neutron

I thought the whole Bossy storyline was ridiculous, just didn't make sense to me how she could be frothing like that then almost okay again and it take so long to diagnose a brain tumour.  Then oh no we have to put her down, it's going to cost $25,000, then oh it's all ok they'll do it for free.  I am glad they saved her though, I love Bossy.

Heh @ Tyler being on his 3rd sister.

Yeah I thought I must have missed something too with the talk of the robbery at Sonia and Toadie's.  Wonder what happened there.

Why is it so often in soaps that a new character is written as a complete pain, then they get redeemed.  Think of something new writers.

Lol @ Karl and Susan and their blue box.

Yeah I don't get how it could be that easy to revoke Steph's parental rights now she has her life back on track.

I did like that they revealed who she was right away.  I guess they built up the conflict between her and Sheila to then contrast it with her being Sheila's granddaughter. But they didn't drag it out as with Paige and as the American soaps will do.  At first I thought don't tell me they are making a triangle for Kyle already, with her original interaction being with Kyle, but she's his sister thankfully.  She really is a brat!  But it's a good idea - she's sort of stepping into Naomi's place.  

Interesting the actress playing Julie Quill being married to Paul in real life.  You can't help but wonder if there is a bit of nepotism there.  I recall on Home and Away they hired somebody's sister to play a part. 

Karl is a doctor, so why does he need money enough to wreck the evening at Lassiters with that silliness?  Karl's dumbest moment yet.  It was funny that Paul admired it - he would.  

Paige is in it for sure.  The vows were cute, as they may be the only time they are said.  Paige is too young to get married anyway.  Michele and Dimato are way past their due date for getting their comeuppance.  Paul is an idiot for even considering the business proposal.  Michelle is a terrible person who needs to be jailed now.  

Yes Karl was ridiculous, ugly.

Paige is so stupid not to tell Mark.  And how on earth did she move all that stuff out of the room to the hopper and then home?  And wasn't it in the shed Brad was working from, if so where was it or why didn't he see it?

Kyle is really going overboard with Bossy.  I didn't like how he blamed Jimmy for getting bitten and tried to hide things.

And of course they get Brad and Lauren back together and now his father will move in and create problems I am sure.

That kid is 10?  He's taller than Steph!  I see the evil father and stepmother have brainwashed him against her. 

The mini story of the makeover was cute.  That episode was put together pretty well.   The stories overlapped with Sheila and Jimmy getting involved in the Lynn and Charlie drama.  

I laughed out loud at how Josh dumped Piper so unceremoniously off his shoulders on to the couch, such a brother sister thing to do.

Yeah, same, haha – that was great.

Wow, Charlie really looks like his (real-life) dad. Such similar faces.

That whole investigation into Paige was so ridiculous and unprofessional. How did Mark suddenly go from not being allowed to even know the details of the investigation (as he shouldn't be), to suddenly being the one to arrest Paige and interview all the witnesses?

I felt so bad for Doug when Paul scammed his money out of him. :(

Edited by neutron

Yes agreed about the whole thing with Mark and Paige, that was really bad writing and totally unbelievable.

Indeed poor Doug, Paul can be so horrible.  Hope it comes out soon and they can get his money back.

Oh I forgot Sonia was running for mayor.  It cracked me up that her campaign is "I'm you."  I'm from Delaware in the US where we had this really strange Republican candidate Christine O'Donnell, for Senate and she used that.  She had also once dabbled in witchcraft and had to make an ad saying "I'm not a witch."  It was hilarious and she lost:  

More stuff for Sonja to obsess and be a drama queen over.

Lol @ Paul's $500 a head seminar in that tiny lounge room.

I am glad they found out quickly about Paul ripping off Brad's dad.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah why on earth did the surveyor need to go inside Toadie's office?

Wow that motel is a hot mess.  Wonder how that will go.

I felt sorry for Terese for once, trying to do the right thing for Lauren and getting attacked by Brad even though he didn't know.

Funny every thought I had was later answered by a character.  

I thought come on it is obvious Tim Collins did the sign on his car.  Then someone brought up that it could be him.  Then I realized the daughter may not be entirely on Tim's side.  Then she admitted to doing it herself.  

Also thought why would the other hotel suffer - it's cheaper and a different market.  Then I think Daniel mentioned that.  

So now we see why the surveyor wanted to go into Toadie's office.  It's part of the projected tower!  

Toadie could move easily but for Harold's it could be harder.  But these things happen, maybe they could just move it and then try for space in the new place.  

Then of course it was obvious Sonya was going to win when she and T. went on about how much work it would be, etc.

Yes so obvious Sonya was going to win.  Lol, how long was that pre-election period?  2 days?  And she sure didn't inform herself for what being mayor would entail, just went in blindly.  Did she think it would take up minimal time?

I wish Piper would get over Tyler.  It's getting boring for me.

Xanthe sure is a brat.

Lou is cute. Loved his expressions planning his adventures.

The hotel looks like it will make an interesting part of the story.

I agree about Piper. Nice that her part today was not about Tyler.

They sure got that motel ready quickly.  And yes the situation with Steph hadn't even occurred to me, duh, but indeed, how does that work.

Lol @ Paul getting locked in again.  It's not that long ago he got locked in with Sheila, only then he was cold, now he is hot.  And I would have thought sitting around in those thick bathrobes would have also gotten hot real quick, even after a cold shower.

(edited)

What a tough situation with Doug.  I must say while I understand some people not wanting to go into a home I think it is selfish to expect your family to try and cope with such a situation which really is beyond home care.  Personally I am happy to go into a home if the time comes.

Really Steph?  That was barely one kiss and she immediately invites Mark into her bed.  This happens in so many 'love' scenes where they are immediately tearing each others' clothes off instead of kissing for a while.  I find it so unsexy and leaves me completely cold.

Edited by Nozycat

That swimmer coming back is clearly going to cause problems.  So he just happened to go to Canada too?  LOL.  

Imogene and Tyler again - seems pretty random.  Why is she dreaming about him now?  I think he likes Paige and now she is free again.  

Really Steph?  That was barely one kiss and she immediately invites Mark into her bed.  This happens in so many 'love' scenes where they are immediately tearing each others' clothes off instead of kissing for a while.  I find it so unsexy and leaves me completely cold.

Ugh, yes, I totally agree! I found it especially annoying the way Steph acted so offended that Mark didn't want to come to bed with her, and even made him feel bad about it. As if he wouldn't just be like "Um, yeah, sorry for not wanting meaningless sex with you after I've just broken up with my fiancée on the day of our wedding and after only finding out one minute ago that you've decided you're still into guys." Totally ridic for her to even expect him to come to bed with her, let alone to act like it was really mean of him to refuse.

Edited by neutron

Is Julie Irish, that's what she sounds like.

the egg thing seems accidental and not fatal. But I liked Paul saying oh it wasn't me after all.

What the heck instrument is Xanthe playing? Lol.

Is Julie Irish, that's what she sounds like.

the egg thing seems accidental and not fatal. But I liked Paul saying oh it wasn't me after all.

What the heck instrument is Xanthe playing? Lol.

The actor (Gail Easdale, who is Paul's wife in real life) was born in Scotland, but I'm not sure where the character (Julie) is supposed to be from. Presumably Scotland, otherwise they would have gotten her to change her accent?

I think if you get a salmonella infection, it can be fatal if left untreated, so I guess it was potentially quite a serious mistake. I would have thought that Lauren would be required by law to have all her staff complete some sort of training before making and serving food so that they're educated on hygiene and safe food preparation practices, etc.

I think Xanthe's instrument is a euphonium.

Edited by neutron

Yeah we had a salmonella outbreak here a while ago due to raw egg mayonnaise and people got dreadfully sick, could easily be fatal especially with a child or elderly person.

Oh Amy, not wise to read the letter, keep it a secret and now try to manipulate Kyle like that.