Type keyword(s) to search

The Anticipation Topic

Tina Fey's return to television after 30 Rock, starring The Office's Ellie Kemper.  

The concept: A woman who escapes from a doomsday cult tries to start over in New York City.  And yes, it's a comedy.

Not coming until Fall 2014, but was fasttracked straight from the development stage to a full series order.

Sounds interesting, but I'm not fond of Ellie Kemper. Please stop trying to make her happen Tina Fey.

Have there been previous attempts?  Tina Fey had nothing to do with either The Office or Bridesmaids.

• Love 1

I thought NBC was trying to become number 1 again, this show won't get them there.  Too niche driven, and I think the concept would have worked better as a drama then a sitcom.

Also the name?  Just keeps getting worse and worse.

I would have just called it "Cult Fiction!" 

Also the name?  Just keeps getting worse and worse.

I would have just called it "Cult Fiction!" 

So this is getting moved to Netflix as obviously people have heard. I am kind of excited about this show and the fact that Tiny Fey and Robert Carlock will be able to pretty much write whatever they want (at least from a standards and practices point of view).  I am sure Tina knows some good swears.

"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," which Netflix acquired from NBC late last year, will debut on Friday, March 6; created by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, it stars Ellie Kemper from "The Office" as a woman who has just been rescued from a doomsday cult and tries to start her life over in New York City. It's funny.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/netflix-announces-daredevil-bloodline-kimmy-schmidt-premiere-dates#XCEkb6Zc66CMciyX.99

I met Ellie Kemper at The Office wrap party in Scranton. She deserves every ounce of success she gets. She is the nicest, warmest, goofiest person I've ever met. This show is going to do great. I'm so happy she is getting to be front and center. I'm in! 

I feel like Kimmy Schmidt should date Buddy the Elf. They could eat so much candy!

• Love 3

I don't think it was announced anywhere, but on today's Never Not Funny podcast, Jon Hamm talks about acting on the show. I don't believe he said what exactly his role was, but he was very positive about it.

Edited by ApathyMonger