Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Live Wire Act

Harlee's collaboration with Stahl (Warren Kole) uncovers Wozniak's secret relationship with Donnie.  Wozniak decides to take charge of the big job after picking up a package that turns out to be a kidnapped man.  A mysterious call to Saperstein's desk forces the crew to face their mixed feelings about their fallen friend and ultimately decide to preserve his memory.

Really Chen?!? Getting Miguel exonerated without further investigation. Ugh, this is as boneheaded as something Stahl would do.

I'm wondering if Harlee stopped watching the video of Woz because it was too personal, too intimate. We know that she stopped watching Stahl when she thought he just had a date and not a Harlee girlfriend experience date.

Donny, I know it might be a little tougher to been seen as a macho cop if you and Woz come out, but you don't need to kidnap and rob armored trucks in order to be with Woz. It's 2016. There are gay cops.

• Love 2

Yeah Chen seemed Really sure of herself about Miguel I wonder why, did the girl Woz is paying spoke or something ? it felt like I missed something there.

So is the Stahl and Harlee pairing happening ? they seem to be going into that direction, Harlee seem to be warming up to him unless it's a trick.

Donnie is so terrible but I like him could be the actor he plays him well, and I loved the scene where Harlee found out about him and Woz. and I don't think Woz actually want to leave his with for Donnie.

and about the promo for next week looks like they got Stephen Lang to play the big bad guy, I like him.

Harlee & Stahl are smokin hot.  The actors really have some great chemistry.  I love this show, but have to laugh at how little real police work they actually do.  Because they're all on the take, they're constantly putting out fires that keep getting bigger and bigger.  Harlee throwing that coffee cup in the wastebasket with the necklace/wire in it was ingenious.

• Love 3

Harlee to Stahl, who is, as usual, being a stalker by getting inside her apartment complex: "Come on in.  Do you want some ice tea?"

And she flips on Woz like a tossed coin, this after they've been partners and VERY close friends since forever, and Woz has saved her *ss more than once. AND is financing her entitled daughter's education, both now and in the future. Plus, Harlee herself is guilty as hell. No better than Woz since she's throwing her team under the bus so she can walk free.

Well, maybe free.

Letting Miguel walk just because she could? Chen. Shame on you. I'm looking for Miguel to head right to Harlee's to beat the cr*p out of her and steal the daughter, just like that guy who crashed off the roof two weeks ago.

I have to say, I'm now on Team Woz. Team Harlee/Stahl can go jump.

• Love 1
(edited)

Letting Miguel walk just because she could? Chen. Shame on you. I'm looking for Miguel to head right to Harlee's to beat the cr*p out of her and steal the daughter, just like that guy who crashed off the roof two weeks ago.

ish is getting real. I just don't know who to root for anymore.

• I was team Harlee, but she continues to be shady and dishonest--with Cristina, especially. She's actually considering going in on this armored car heist. *SMH* And I understand why she wants--or wanted--to keep Miguel in jail, but to lie to her daughter? She has to know it will come back to bite her in the butt one day.

• Woz seems like he's cracking up. Ever since he murdered Sap--that's got to play with your head, I guess. I have no doubt that he would put a bullet in Harlee's head to save himself. Or Donald's. Or even his wife's. Cristina is the only person I can see him not harming. And that one's iffy.

• Chen, what are you doing? I've always liked her because she's honest and decent, but by going to the DA, she was just stupid.

• Stahl remains creepy, and he continues to manipulate Harlee and put her in danger. Only now he's doing shady things just like Woz. He actually deserves to be taken out of the picture.
Edited by topanga
  • Love 1

Ugh, I really hope they steer clear of this Harlee/Stahl thing. It seems like they're trying to tone down the creep factor with him but I can't ignore that skeezy date he had with prostitute and just his general inability to respect her personal space.

I felt like Chen was supposed to be the lone voice of reason in this show but letting Miguel go free is gonna bite her in the ass. Yeah I get that she doesn't know that he's probably out for hella revenge but yikes, she only has a suspicion that Woz framed him. And he was up for habeas corpus anyway, it wasn't like it was guaranteed he was going to rot in there.

How many episodes before Woz or someone else finds the wire in the trash?

• Love 2
Stahl remains creepy, and he continues to manipulate Harlee and put her in danger.

This made me think: I wonder if Harlee is leading Stahl on so he gets "involved" and thereby ruins the sting on Woz, since Chen said that would happen if Stahl got "personal" with Harlee. And she suspects he is.

Harlee playing/sleeping with the files guy so he would help keep Miguel in prison was a surprise to me, so maybe she's doing the same to Stahl. I hope so, so (maybe) I'll like her again. Right now the only one I do like is Woz. At least he lets everyone know where he stands.

As far as I can tell, Woz's crew is only guilty of extorting business owners for police protection. Have they done anything worst than that? That would warrant FBI investigations? 

I'm guessing Harlee was right in there emptying Woz's trash can as soon as everyone left that office.

• Love 1
(edited)

There is no way that Chen could walk into a DA's office; discuss a case for exoneration, have the accused sign an agreement not to sue, and immediately be back on the street. I don't know the actual process, but I'm certain it is much more involved and complex  than what we saw in this episode.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

Not a good sign when I find Saperstein the most interesting character on the show since he is dead and all. Did like how they are finding out things they never knew about him. Guess their dysfunctional, corrupt work family ain't as close as they thought.

• Love 1
There is no way that Chen could walk into a DA's office; discuss a case for exoneration, have the accused sign an agreement not to sue, and immediately be back on the street. I don't know the actual process, but I'm certain it is much more involved and complex  than what we saw in this episode.

Even Miguel was surprised and incredulous!

• Love 1

I'm confused over why Chen was that gung-ho about getting Miguel sprung right at that moment.  I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Stahl to say the least, but I think it made enough sense all things considering, to keep going after Woz for this heist, and then once they have that over him, go after him about what really happened to Miguel.  But Chen was acting like there was a timeframe here, and if they didn't get him out right this moment, he would have to stay there for the rest of his life or something.  I don't know; I"m all for someone screwing everyone over, but I wish they did a better job at it.

So, the big score is basically some kind of armor car heist.  Yeah, that always works out on these type of shows.  I can't wait to see how all of this goes to hell in a hand-basket.

Tufo's stuff involving Saperstein and his former contact, was actually my favorite thing about this episode.  

I certainly hope Harlee has figured out Stahl is crushing on her and is playing him.  I so don't want them to hook up, considering the creepy asshole he's been.

• Love 2