Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Abby Lee Horror Story

• Start Topic

Maddie has improved immensely, and that is great. I just don't see why people believe that Brynn is already doomed as a dancer when she's 12(!?) and has great technique. Yeah, her mom is terrible, but that's besides the point.

Brynn isn't doomed, she has a lot going for her.  Whether she will get the proper training needed will be up to her mother.  And hopefully she doesn't begin to look like her mother after puberty.   

Maddie improved her technique after getting away from Abby's school, where the teaching is lacking.

Where did Maddie go to improve?  I know she worked with top choreographers and learned different styles of dance but she could not have done that without an excellent foundation.  Did she take regular classes outside of Abby's studio? 

Where did Maddie go to improve?  I know she worked with top choreographers and learned different styles of dance but she could not have done that without an excellent foundation.  Did she take regular classes outside of Abby's studio? 

I don't think she took regular classes outside of the ALDC.  I get the feeling that Maddie is very self motivated.  I think having Kalani around and going to some of the more "prestigious" competitions (like The Dance Awards this past year, where she placed 4th) highlighted to her some of the things in her dancing that she could work on.  Not because anyone was better then her, but just because it was such a different style from what Abby usually teaches. Maddie already had the musicality, and the technique... now I see her working on her strength, her control, her extensions.  I wouldn't be surprised if Maddie decided she wanted to up her game and just started training harder, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see her back at TDA this year.  I hope we do.  

Maddie is way too young for SYTYCD. I'm confident she and Melissa would feel above a competetive dance show.

It's been announced that she will be involved with the show this season, it's kids this season...The Next Generation or some such.

Sorry for my ignorance, but why on earth did you view Lizzie Borden as a 'hero'?

It was more or less to see if I could turn her story around and make her a hero. She was acquitted, and lived out her life in Fall River, so I used a "her head held high"  approach to make her seem courageous.

• Love 1

When the girls asked about what  cult is, I was so bothered by the mom's description. It's like they were dumbing down something for a five year old. These girls are (mostly) in junior high, there is no reason you can't give a frank explanation of the more negative facts about history and current events. It just shows how these kids are sheltered in the most bizarre ways (having them do a dance about this kind of thing, exposure to the bizarreness of Abby, but god forbid you have a real conversation about something educational).

This was made worse by their response that they had to go to school instead of dance (as they told the moms when they arrived). How awful! School!

It makes sense they can't film without a legal guardian present/on set. This is the same for minors on regular film and television sets. They also must have a certified teacher present at all times, regardless of the age of the child (I think maybe if you in some way graduate high school, rather through home school or a GED or whichever method, you may be exempt from this requirement). I didn't work much around kids, but I did have one episode of a show where there was a group of 1 year old triplets playing a baby, and we had to have a teacher for them (plus, their mother was present). It is also feasible that a non-parent could have legal guardianship to be on set (such as with Kalani), but based on experience and what makes sense, it is very likely that someone with authority over the child must be there to film. 

Ashley definitely knew the girls were there, and pretty sure Abby acknowledged they were there as well (Ashley said at one point, the girls are in [room]). And I don't think the "prank" was that bad, although it was stupid. Abby is giving a big middle finger to production by acting the way she has been (not being ready, acting all disinterested, etc.), and the moms were just making fun of her, which isn't really a prank, more like "we know you're just playing this up." Yes, Abby is going through shit, but it's totally exaggerated and part of Abby's MO, so I don't mind them making fun of it.

Abby:  "For solos this week, we're doing three famous deaths in Hollywood".

So Fall River, Massachusetts qualifies as Hollywood now?  And Lizzie Borden was a starlet, how?  And by the way, the "famous deaths" were of Lizzie's father and step-mother, not Lizzie. 

I'm always a little surprised when I realize how dumb these people are.

Your comment made me laugh out loud!  It's funny because it's true!!!  Thanks for the giggle!

Jill is so desperate for Kendall to be a star, you could tell her Adolph Hitler was a starlet and she'd stick a moustache on Kendall.