Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't understand the "Why didn't Hunter make it?!?!" posts?  First, she's not very attractive.  Second, from what I've seen, she has terrible dance technique.  And third, I saw an interview with her on the DMD's website where she says her favorite part of being a maverick is "mentoring young girls who want to be just like me."  Oh barf!  So while I'm not saying she should never make training camp, I don't get why many of you seem downright shocked that she didn't make it.  Based on what I've seen, she'd have been a strong "no" for me.

From everything I was told they loved her appearance, but agreed she hadn't mastered strong dance technique in the amount of time given before auditions after ending her season with DMD. She does come from a more hip hop dance background before she made DMD as shown in her many MK videos. As well her kicks on the field were very pretty for someone who had never kicked before and quite frankly had better kicks and technique than some of the multiple year TCC.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm about thisclose to just staying away from here until TC is over and the show starts.  Got enough drama in "real life" right now I don't need this...

I'm getting close to my bow out time, though not because I'm annoyed. I like to watch TC unfold on MTT, so I usually avoid this thread till August! If you don't want to be spoiler free, just stay away for a couple days. The drama will pass and everyone will be on to a new topic. :)

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

I'm getting close to my bow out time, though not because I'm annoyed. I like to watch TC unfold on MTT, so I usually avoid this thread till August! If you don't want to be spoiler free, just stay away for a couple days. The drama will pass and everyone will be on to a new topic. :)

Phew, I was afraid it was something I said, lol.

Kaedee, thanks for your input, I'm sure I'll see you in the threads. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I seemed to remember that Kelli said there were 37 lockers and 39 girls.  I believed they had 2 extra one in a room off to the side of the main room and I seemed to remember (know people will correct me if wrong) that Cassie was one who had to go to those 2 extra lockers!

This is another rabbit trail so I apologize if it should be posted under a different topic- but I'm really curious about this. I'm quite sure Charlotte and Kelli got to have lots of input into the locker room. Did they say "we'll never have more than 37 cheerleaders!"?? I get they wouldn't necessarily want empty lockers, but they could always use or decorate an empty one so it wouldn't be just a blank locker. But in only having 37, it like they permanently ruled out the possibility of ever having 40 or even 38/39.  

I've noticed in the past few seasons that Kelli is more definitive, saying stuff like "we can have no more than 36 girls."  I wonder, in light of the litigation that has gone on about how these girls are compensated (not DCC but other lawsuits involving professional cheerleaders) if they don't have to now pay the girls more.  If that's the case, they may no longer have the budget for more than 36 girls.

2 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

This is another rabbit trail so I apologize if it should be posted under a different topic- but I'm really curious about this. I'm quite sure Charlotte and Kelli got to have lots of input into the locker room. Did they say "we'll never have more than 37 cheerleaders!"?? I get they wouldn't necessarily want empty lockers, but they could always use or decorate an empty one so it wouldn't be just a blank locker. But in only having 37, it like they permanently ruled out the possibility of ever having 40 or even 38/39.  

I cant remember if this has been discussed before, but when the NFL set the rule that all cheerleaders must be paid for rehearsal time now its at a set cap. I believe other organizations have different numbers and budgets. Their budget to meet the required standards and keep with the contract has the squad at 36. In previous years I could fluctuate but since then its been 36 or less.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Luvdallas said:

I wonder if they kept some of the iffy vets to possibly cut them later.  More drama for the show.  

Someone posted recently that Jasmine was intending to leave last year but they asked her to audition and be cut for drama. On the one hand that makes sense because  she moved to California pretty quickly after that and that seems like something that would be in the works for a while. But on the other hand she and others looked genuinely upset. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I personally do not think Kelli and Judy would ask someone to audition again just to be cut (especially as a vet going into their fourth year). As I remember it, the person who said that about Jasmine had no alleged insider knowledge (even if they did, I would not have believed them). It was purely a speculation post. Regardless of reality tv or not, K&J have more respect for these girls than that in my opinion.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3

I think the reasoning behind having 36 girls on the team is because how the formation looks. You have the point girl, two girls behind her, than three girls, four girls, etc. etc. It looks cleaner and more polish while the girls are in formation. Remember how Kelli and especially Judy want the lines to look good.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I think the reasoning behind having 36 girls on the team is because how the formation looks. You have the point girl, two girls behind her, than three girls, four girls, etc. etc. It looks cleaner and more polish while the girls are in formation. Remember how Kelli and especially Judy want the lines to look good.

Remember when they had the triangle and the point person was actually recessed due to the number of girls.  Like with anything there are a certain number of girls that are easier to place in a formation.  That's one of the reasons that they have to juggle formations with a girl out so it is easier to replace her to keep everything even.

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

oh that definitely has something to do with it as well, I was merely stating for payroll purposes as per I was told by DCC staff is why 36 came to be a solid number! :) sorry if that was confusing lol 

I think Danielle looked genuinely shocked at Jasmjne leaving and didn't know. Jasmine may have wavered some in retiring, plus she was simply out danced. No big conspiracy.

if they want 50 girls, they're not going to take fewer due to only 36 lockers. That's letting the tail wag the dog. They can put up some portable ones somewhere or let girls share. 

Formations need the same amount of girls in each group or marking choreography gets weird and unbalanced. 34 was very odd, but works. They may indeed keep and extra or cut a extra to not have an oddball amount for formations.

• Love 2
(edited)

Click on your own profile, look for ignored users, start to type and you'll see the little icon that matches their profile pic....

Edited by Bubbetv
Users not memnbers
  • Love 1

I would dare to say that post was about me, oh well. I will say yall are going to LOVE this years practice wear! Rebel Athletic went above and beyond, I was in love with last years practice wear but this years just I don't know its so pretty! if I can get a clear photo I will try to post it!

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I would dare to say that post was about me, oh well. I will say yall are going to LOVE this years practice wear! Rebel Athletic went above and beyond, I was in love with last years practice wear but this years just I don't know its so pretty! if I can get a clear photo I will try to post it!

Are we?  Gosh y'all can't wait... Let me guess it's pink with silver sparkly accents???? 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Are we?  Gosh y'all can't wait... Let me guess it's pink with silver sparkly accents???? 

since you obviously have an issue with what I post why don't you go ahead and hit that ignore feature hunny :) happy posting!

• Love 2

I'm definitely going to take advantage of that ignore feature. 

I'm more excited for the show this year after following this thread closely and getting a bit of background on many of the TCC's.

Random side note: one of the finalists I was rooting for was Brooke.  I don't think I've heard any mention of her here on the forum, besides in the list of finalists who did not make training camp, but I thought she did pretty well in her dance clip for the fan vote. Does anyone know anything about her--if she's tried out before etc.?

• Love 5
(edited)

one of the finalists I was rooting for was Brooke.

Brooke (Brooklyn) Gelling is one of those Texas Star girls. That's all I know about her.

Let me guess it's pink with silver sparkly accents???? 

And probably way more straps than are strictly necessary for the function of a sports bra. The fancier those outfits get, the tackier they seem to me.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Brooke (Brooklyn) Gelling is one of those Texas Star girls

Ahhh, okay, thank you!

I just tried to find another post from a while back where someone speculated about which vets might get called out for weight. I believe they said Megan, Melissa and Jennifer. I would have to say that I agree, at least for Megan and Jennifer (not sure about Melissa--I don't remember how she looked before). I noticed that in some old pics that Megan has posted on her instagram, it looks like she was a little bit heavier in the years leading up to auditioning for DCC. Maybe she lost weight for DCC and has had a hard time maintaining, which we all know, Judy and Kelli will not like. That said, I honestly think  she is gorgeous and a perfect 10 regardless. 

Edited by Dior99

Megan strikes me as the type of body type where she has to be very careful about what she eats or she could look soft or DCC heavy. She is a beautiful girl with a killer figure, but DCC has become so hardbody and skinny crazy. I'm built like that too... When I really lean out,if I have a cookie, it immediately shows in my abs.

I've only seen her solo photos and you can't tell by that top.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Megan strikes me as the type of body type where she has to be very careful about what she eats or she could look soft or DCC heavy. She is a beautiful girl with a killer figure, but DCC has become so hardbody and skinny crazy. I'm built like that too... When I really lean out,if I have a cookie, it immediately shows in my abs.

I remember when I was looking thru Megan's IG once I saw some pics from a few years ago where she was heavier then she got really slim in college.  I think she just has genetics working against her too but agree that she is so beautiful and I think she looks great still in the uniform. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

You can message me a picture since I am still relatively new to the DCC world and the practice outfits interest me :-D (<-- truly, that is not snark!) I am trying to remember which year it was that I loved them...i need to look back at some of the pics from previous camps

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I agree! she is a health nut but truthfully minus a few of the girls when they were waiting for deliberations to end at finals all the Vets were snacking super healthy! veggie trays, almonds, salads, fruit, peanut butter and celery, and of course a little nutella haha!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Someone posted recently that Jasmine was intending to leave last year but they asked her to audition and be cut for drama. On the one hand that makes sense because  she moved to California pretty quickly after that and that seems like something that would be in the works for a while. But on the other hand she and others looked genuinely upset. 

I believe it! I NEVER will think Jasmine was kicked off for that ridiculous solo. No way would she perform something so DUMB after all those seasons on Flight Crew & DCC. No - she was never going to be the greatest dancer but she certainly was good enough, was beautiful AND a minority with no weight issues. I think she planned on leaving & agreed to this set-up for some typical reality show drama. Even I could muster up a tear or 2 (hey, Danielle)if my bestie was leaving for greener pastures. Hell, it's not like these ladies are Meryl Streep or something...just look/act sad & "snivel" around for the cameras.  Nope - Jasmine never intended to return to Dallas. It was a perfect way to add drama to DCCMTT 'cause Jasmine was moving anyway. No harm, no foul & added entertainment value. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

I believe it! I NEVER will think Jasmine was kicked off for that ridiculous solo. No way would she perform something so DUMB after all those seasons on Flight Crew & DCC. No - she was never going to be the greatest dancer but she certainly was good enough, was beautiful AND a minority with no weight issues. I think she planned on leaving & agreed to this set-up for some typical reality show drama. Even I could muster up a tear or 2 (hey, Danielle)if my bestie was leaving for greener pastures. Hell, it's not like these ladies are Meryl Streep or something...just look/act sad & "snivel" around for the cameras.  Nope - Jasmine never intended to return to Dallas. It was a perfect way to add drama to DCCMTT 'cause Jasmine was moving anyway. No harm, no foul & added entertainment value. 

I like the way you think, you're fun! We need more people like you on here!! I will say she did have some weight issues the season before and when the announcements were made either it was because it truly was a cut or they were merely sad to see her go, the alumni and DCC/CMT staff were even crying real tears after kelli finished calling the names for TC. Either way let me tell you it was an emotional night followed by some yummy Mexican food to talk it all over with everyone lol!

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I remember when I was looking thru Megan's IG once I saw some pics from a few years ago where she was heavier then she got really slim in college.  I think she just has genetics working against her too but agree that she is so beautiful and I think she looks great still in the uniform. 

i still love the slim but not totally ripped look that Megan, Jenn K, Danielle, Melissa etc and some of the new TCCs have. They're on a fine line between slim and soft but I love that look. I get that you have to be super toned, but at a certaint point it just starts looking toooo harsh. As we've discussed. Many times. Lol 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I like the way you think, you're fun! We need more people like you on here!! I will say she did have some weight issues the season before and when the announcements were made either it was because it truly was a cut or they were merely sad to see her go, the alumni and DCC/CMT staff were even crying real tears after kelli finished calling the names for TC. Either way let me tell you it was an emotional night followed by some yummy Mexican food to talk it all over with everyone lol!

I am glad to hear at least that they were sad to not have her on the team anymore! I always felt like K&J truly liked her and were rooting for her ... 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I personally do not think Kelli and Judy would ask someone to audition again just to be cut (especially as a vet going into their fourth year). As I remember it, the person who said that about Jasmine had no alleged insider knowledge (even if they did, I would not have believed them). It was purely a speculation post. Regardless of reality tv or not, K&J have more respect for these girls than that in my opinion.

Mmmm...I can totally see Kelli, Judy & the powers that be getting behind an idea like this.  It also happened with Courtney Cook, from my home state of Utah. The reality show connection is their bread & butter. It has little to do with "respect" because every gal knows she's going to be filmed. It's one major reason they are auditioning.  I can totally see this; "I'm retiring after 2 seasons." "Ok, would you like to help us out with a storyline...ya know, something to help the show? Maybe we can have you come down with ailment, a family emergency or how about a huge career advancement" (yeah, less likely on the career front-lmfao)still...

Let's remember one thing here; we are watching a reality show. No other NFL cheerleaders have one & they want to keep this one. That gives more input to the producers who don't want to see the same old, same old, year after year.

Regarding the locker room conundrum.  Yes, they can easily afford these women. They just dont want to since they've never had to. Think how much they make off the sales of their swimsuit calendar alone? The T & A aspect can get gross. Seeing them this past season from the touchdown decks was borderline icky. It's a strange closeness to a jeering crowd. I enjoy watching them but make no mistake at how much they are selling sex. From the close-up booby blouse-tying shot in the opening promo...these women KNOW what their purpose is...to sell the Cowboys via their sex appeal.

Sorry if I sounded prude-ish.  I like sex as much as the next person but can definitely get turned off on some DCC situations...i.e. the calendar shoot bikini fashion shows; often with bottoms up their butt cracks while wearing thigh-hi boots. Really close to that stripper line - IMO.

• Love 5

I agree. Those teeny bikinis with the thigh high boots were borderline trashy. And agree about the decks. I watched one video on YouTube which was a merge of thunderstruck and some time on the decks and the guy was jeering and stuff. It was so uncomfortable to watch.

I maybe think the Jasmine stuff could have been for the shows benefit, but not the Courtney thing. After what Courtney went through to get those boots I didn't think she'd ever give them up lol. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I still disagree, but we don't all have to agree on everything. :) Jasmine wasn't shown having an ailment or a career advancement after all. She was cut after three years, which I'm sure was embarrassing and heartbreaking. Just can't see her signing up for that or them asking her to do it.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I still disagree, but we don't all have to agree on everything. :) Jasmine wasn't shown having an ailment or a career advancement after all. She was cut after three years, which I'm sure was embarrassing and heartbreaking. Just can't see her signing up for that or them asking her to do it.

I agree. From a personal perspective it would be humiliating to be cut after three years. I think it would take A LOT to convince a girl to willingly go through the audition only to be cut for drama for the show. Most people have a reasonable amount of pride and self-respect that would prevent them from signing on for that. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility 100%, but I think it's fairly unlikely.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

She's amazing. I have that same type that gains in the middle first and is short waisted. It's hard in those uniforms. She's going to look thicker faster. I think she looked great in the swim photos.

14 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Also there was that photo of Jasmine that someone posted that caused controversy.  I thought that had something to do with it too.

Yeah, I think she kind of did a Caila and was over it all, but not quite ready to retire, so was a little riskier with photos of fraternizing, making the 'oh great, cameras are back' comment, slight weight gain, etc. I haven't seen any evidence she was partying and she isn't underage though.

59 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Also there was that photo of Jasmine that someone posted that caused controversy.  I thought that had something to do with it too.

What was the photo of?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Hanging out with some Cowboys. Nothing racy, but definitely fraternizing/hanging out. 

? Really? Definitely not smart. Was the photo on someone's Instagram or something?

38 minutes ago, Dior99 said:

? Really? Definitely not smart. Was the photo on someone's Instagram or something?

It was on Sterling Moore's instagram. After we talked about it on this forum, the photo got deleted hahaha

• Love 5
6 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

oh that definitely has something to do with it as well, I was merely stating for payroll purposes as per I was told by DCC staff is why 36 came to be a solid number! :) sorry if that was confusing lol 

It would make sense. And I so agree that these ladies need to be paid for their practice sessions and their performances. A few years ago when I heard the DCCs got paid something like $150.00 per game and nothing for rehearsals, I was appalled. Considering the NFL Organization pays many their players millions, you'd think they could afford to pay the ladies for their time; all their time.  Years of work goes into being a good technical dancer, and the DCCs are a huge part of the Cowboys Organization. They work hard and should be compensated. Having a set number of DCCs over which you're not allowed to go helps keep the cheer portion of the Cowboys Organization within budget.

DCC:MTT obviously adds revenue to the DCC budget. I wonder what will happen to the cheerleaders' compensation once MTT is cancelled by CMT...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

It would make sense. And I so agree that these ladies need to be paid for their practice sessions and their performances. A few years ago when I heard the DCCs got paid something like $150.00 per game and nothing for rehearsals, I was appalled. Considering the NFL Organization pays many their players millions, you'd think they could afford to pay the ladies for their time; all their time.  Years of work goes into being a good technical dancer, and the DCCs are a huge part of the Cowboys Organization. They work hard and should be compensated. Having a set number of DCCs over which you're not allowed to go helps keep the cheer portion of the Cowboys Organization within budget.

DCC:MTT obviously adds revenue to the DCC budget. I wonder what will happen to the cheerleaders' compensation once MTT is cancelled by CMT...

They simply don't want to & often don't have to. I'm not lawsuit happy but sometimes it takes a good suit to get some "fairness". These women cannot live off their DCC salary yet are expected to give inordinate amounts of time back...games, practice , charities, etc. I personally think the NFL should pay them for their time, period. They are trained athletes, They add to the overall experience at a game. Pay them. Let's ask ourselves this (yes, I do SUPPORT women over men in my contracting biz cause I KNOW how difficult it is in this field)-If it were men out on the field dancing...36 to 38 men, for an entire game, would they be fairly paid?

So excited for the start of camp! 

• Love 1

I question the validity of TXSTAR35s information. All of that is stuff we can find out via Twitter, Instagram, or just the history of the show. If this person legitimately has inside information, they'd post something not readily available. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

I question the validity of TXSTAR35s information. All of that is stuff we can find out via Twitter, Instagram, or just the history of the show. If this person legitimately has inside information, they'd post something not readily available. 

once again never said I was here to give out "inside information". Also I have shared personal information with certain people on this forum in private messages. I didn't come on here to brag or boast about who or what I know just merely to talk to other people who love the organization and respect it as much as I do. for that matter training camp hasn't begun yet so what is there to talk about? Auditions pertaining I can share that you will more than likely see Kat get called out in her panel interview for 1. missing her original interview time and group. 2. that she gets called out for wearing a dress what wasn't deemed "interview appropriate." Or maybe that the first meeting this year wont be held at VR as it has in the past but instead at the stadium, but ill let you decide if its valid or not once first meeting rolls around Tuesday. As ive been informed by your fellow posters many of yall want "insider info" but when someone who has seen the process of auditions-squad photo does come on here and makes a comment you want to criticize and judge on something many of you only know from sitting on your couch. so again ill say I'm not here to give inside anything merely to comment and join in on the conversation. if you don't wish to see what I have to say then you like some other women or very sassy men have done and ignore my post. I don't mean this in any way shape or form to be rude.  

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Respectfully disagree :) I certainly understand  why people are skeptical but i'm not sure what people with inside knowledge are expected to do? Give Kelli's SSN? Provide the scores of all the vets from finals? LOL  Anytime anyone does give info that isn't readily available people accuse them of making it up, lying, etc. It feels like a lose-lose situation and certainly not a reason to be so antagonistic.  

But that is just me. I just want to have fun guys! :) 

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm thinking that if he/she is not BSing, TXStar35 is Sam (Kelli's daughter), or someone else related to someone important. Even if I'm wrong, I do think your additions have been very entertaining! 

Agreed that them not getting paid more is ridiculous. Dancing may be a hobby for them but the amount of work they're doing makes it a job.

Edited by sunwave
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Auditions pertaining I can share that you will more than likely see Kat get called out in her panel interview for 1. missing her original interview time and group. 2. that she gets called out for wearing a dress what wasn't deemed "interview appropriate."

I can't remember if anyone posted what she wore.  Was she in any of the group shots on instagram?