Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Well folks, after doing my homework, I have confirmation from several sources what @CourtsWorld posted holds truth. Despite being encouraged by CMT and veterans (Jenna, Jinelle, Chantal and others) Kyndall declined attending the mentor session with Melissa R. Her reason being exactly what @CourtsWorld stated; Kyndall didn't want Melissa's feedback nor did she want to become the next Kat of CMT (insert repulsive cringe face here)! From what I have *heard* from alumni, Kyndall is still struggling in camp. Why she wouldn't accept the advice of her group leader (Jenna) is something I can't comprehend and is only doing herself an injustice. Choosing not to attend on her own free will speaks volumes. If my boss and/or coworkers encouraged me to attend a training session to increase my skill set for a new position I desired, there wouldn't be a bone in my body holding me back - even if I deemed the instructors opinion as valueless. Whether we care for her or not, Melissa R. has been with the DCC organization for years and turning down her advice/help seems a bit disrespectful and ignorant. IMHO it is highly unfair to the young women who put in the extensive work and *do* attend the additional CMT sessions, yet still end up receiving the short end of the stick. Whether the mentoring sessions are mandatory or not, it's the principle of putting forth the effort when asked to do so as a potential incoming rookie. Again, what I have *heard* from several sources is they are granting Kyndall immense grace and leeway; turning a blind eye to her choreography mistakes and issues which ended her time in camp last summer.  Yet again, I find this highly unfair to the more qualified dancers who bust their a** to make the squad by all measures, yet ultimately get dismissed over minute reasons. I sure hope they grant this same grace and ease to AAIA Kelsey and Kelli because IMHO I would *much* rather see Kelsey/Kelli as beautiful candidates who never gave up and transformed into success stories, as opposed to someone who denies help being openly handed to her. If you are a six year DCC veteran or a measly six week TCC, any reasonably minded human who wants to succeed would rightfully do as their future directors, group leader, and teammates asks in attempts to help them succeed. Such a shame! Apologies for the rant, I applaud and appreciate the hardworking women who thoroughly EARN the boots. Rant over. 

• Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Pretty is not everything!

I wonder if they will have the nerve to show her commenting on Caila's behavior, if that is in fact a reason she didn't make it back and a topic of discussion amount the judges.  She was on the judging panel, right?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2

Hm. Kelsey was at Melissa's mentoring session and said Kyndall was indeed not there but she had no idea if Kyndall had been asked to attend and turn it down; it was not brought up by Melissa anyway or discussed among all the TCCs.  She said she had heard nothing of Kyndall refusing help and actually mentioned earlier this summer that Kyndall and Madeline in particular were doing amazing at camp this time around.  So this is all very intriguing and I will hold my judgment until the show airs :) 

56 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

Pretty sure they were referring to Chace Crawford from Gossip Girl.  Ugh.  What a hunk!

Preach, sister!!! I miss Gossip Girl for his sake only LOL 

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Candace was Miss Missouri in the Miss USA pageant in 2008 and was said to be in 6th place, having missed the top 5 by .33

They must have found out about her getting caught with alcohol the year before and deducted... ;-D 

11 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

It looks like washed out sickly Raylee to me.

On longer look, i agree.  That does look her.  She probably came to at least watch and tried to stay in the back lol ugh, poor girl.  That would be terrible to be ill so close to the end. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

TCCs-w-cuts-7-21.jpg

I honestly don't mind any of these girls left. I am a little frustrated with Yuko and not sure I feel it's fair for her to miss so much at the end when other girls are getting cut BUT I have heard she is absolutely awesome dancer - gets the style and picks up very fast so they love her.  

Heather O and Jessika are the ones I feel like I really dont have a horse in the race for but nothing against either of them either - both are beautiful and we need blondes so please keep Heather!!   Allie I had kind of been like eh about but watching her dance in that clip from Michelle's IG last night - she looked wonderful!! 

Also take back everything I said about Heather H looking too young. In every picture recently she absolutely holds her own with the others in mature look.  I wonder if they helped her update her make up? she really looks great! 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I wonder if they will have the nerve to show her commenting on Caila's behavior, if that is in fact a reason she didn't make it back and a topic of discussion amount the judges.  She was on the judging panel, right?

Yes she was!

36 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes she was!

2 hours ago, KristyMc19 said:

Pretty sure they were referring to Chace Crawford from Gossip Girl.  Ugh.  What a hunk!

Yep!  Chace ... hawwwwwwwtttt!!!

1 hour ago, PariBlueTX said:

Well folks, after doing my homework, I have confirmation from several sources what @CourtsWorld posted holds truth. Despite being encouraged by CMT and veterans (Jenna, Jinelle, Chantal and others) Kyndall declined attending the mentor session with Melissa R. Her reason being exactly what @CourtsWorld stated; Kyndall didn't want Melissa's feedback nor did she want to become the next Kat of CMT (insert repulsive cringe face here)! From what I have *heard* from alumni, Kyndall is still struggling in camp. Why she wouldn't accept the advice of her group leader (Jenna) is something I can't comprehend and is only doing herself an injustice. Choosing not to attend on her own free will speaks volumes. If my boss and/or coworkers encouraged me to attend a training session to increase my skill set for a new position I desired, there wouldn't be a bone in my body holding me back - even if I deemed the instructors opinion as valueless. Whether we care for her or not, Melissa R. has been with the DCC organization for years and turning down her advice/help seems a bit disrespectful and ignorant. IMHO it is highly unfair to the young women who put in the extensive work and *do* attend the additional CMT sessions, yet still end up receiving the short end of the stick. Whether the mentoring sessions are mandatory or not, it's the principle of putting forth the effort when asked to do so as a potential incoming rookie. Again, what I have *heard* from several sources is they are granting Kyndall immense grace and leeway; turning a blind eye to her choreography mistakes and issues which ended her time in camp last summer.  Yet again, I find this highly unfair to the more qualified dancers who bust their a** to make the squad by all measures, yet ultimately get dismissed over minute reasons. I sure hope they grant this same grace and ease to AAIA Kelsey and Kelli because IMHO I would *much* rather see Kelsey/Kelli as beautiful candidates who never gave up and transformed into success stories, as opposed to someone who denies help being openly handed to her. If you are a six year DCC veteran or a measly six week TCC, any reasonably minded human who wants to succeed would rightfully do as their future directors, group leader, and teammates asks in attempts to help them succeed. Such a shame! Apologies for the rant, I applaud and appreciate the hardworking women who thoroughly EARN the boots. Rant over. 

Thank you!!  I agree ... I think it's weird to decline anything.  Even if it sucks and you don't want to be publicly shown as the weak one, who cares!  Smile and do it!  Do you know why they're giving her such leeway?  They already have someone who looks like her so it's not for looks-diversity and they have plenty of girls to choose from.  I can't remember if she was a strong dancer or not?

• Love 1

Kyndall has a really nice figure and girl next door look - she may be very similar in look to Chantel, but she's much less harsh looking IMO.  I recently watched season 10 and she was just a doll and I remembered how much I was so hoping she'd come back (kind of like that Alexandra from the season prior).   Her dancing was good enough - they've taken much worse than her.   I really hope she makes it and this stuff about her and Melissa and CMT doesn't get her cut.  This leaked information to me shows that all is not drama free among the vets and TCC in the DCC - they clearly don't all love each other like besties and have each other's back ;).  And the people doing the backstabbing appear to be Kelsey and Kelli Q. fans (mental note).

23 hours ago, DCCfan said:

As for Kyndall, I really hope there's more to the story because if not I have so many issues with it. 
First off, that's rude. Melissa R is offering her time to help you. It's one thing to politely turn it down but to be so arrogant thinking you're above a former DCC, DWTS winner, and DCC mentor is senseless and down right uncalled for.
Even if you don't think Melissa gives the most valuable advice think of that time with her as another chance to practice and go over routines if nothing more.
As for the bit about one year wonders, it frankly is true in a lot of cases. However, that potentially is one more year on the team than they may have had without Melissa's help. I'd rather only have one year than none at all. Lastly about that, the reasons girls' DCC careers are cut short has nothing to do with Melissa and EVERYTHING to do with the girl herself. 
Help can never hurt but being so disrespectful in my opinion at least is a death sentence, or at least should be, in the DCC world.

SO MUCH this!!!  Although I have to say, I have a better opinion of Kendall than that - I thought she had a great attitude and was very smart and I can't imagine she'd do something that ungraceful.  I really like Melissa Rycroft and I feel like she's gotten a bad rap that she really doesn't deserve.  I hope they actually let her do more in the way of her own thing - I think where things read awkwardly on camera is where they try to script her.  She has plenty of sparkle on her own and I think she has a really fun and positive outlook.

• Love 2

One thing I have noticed while working is there are "optional" things and then there are OPTIONAL things(note that as we say optional but unless you have been here some time and gotten the lay of the land, you need to go).  I imagine Kyndall is a young thing that doesn't have clue about real life experiences and hearing subtle undertones.  I had a friend who didn't hear those so when there were OPTIONAL things on the weekend, she said she had something else to do-ball game, out with friends.  Boss didn't say anything but she was really creamed at her evaluation.  I, on the other hand, knew better and attended.  I doubt she would have listened to me as she was almost 10 years older

All of this drama around Kyndall. My only thought is maybe is was not the Vets at all that gossiped, IMO Melissa probably said something to K&J when Kyndall did not show up. (that's if she was even invited). So, I'm not going to be so quick to judge and blame the Vets. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

All of this drama around Kyndall. My only thought is maybe is was not the Vets at all that gossiped, IMO Melissa probably said something to K&J when Kyndall did not show up. (that's if she was even invited). So, I'm not going to be so quick to judge and blame the Vets. 

Or someone associate with a person recently cut. No one specific, just guessing.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

that's what I don't get though ... how did she get cut relatively quickly last year and be taken so relatively quickly this year?  And not just accepted but to be "promoted" into the elite show group and be making appearances?  Was it all a looks thing last year or did she really change / improve that much this year?  I can't remember the criticism for her that got her booted last year - anyone?

I think last year in general, being so young, away from her family, in a totally stressful environment.. The girl was just a nervous wreck and it showed. And her hair was very childish. She looks about a billion times better this time around, and she went in knowing what to expect, so that probably helped her confidence. 

I imagine lots of these girls looks amazing dancing and hit every count and really perform... until Kelli and Judy are sat in front of them. must be sooo nerve wracking. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Was Kyndall invited to the session? Yes. Was she unable to make it? Yes. Did she give ample warning to CMT that she couldn't attend? Yes. Did she bad mouth Melissa's teaching? No. Did she see counseling from Vets and Alumni if it would be bad if she didn't attend? Yes, they told her it would not be a big deal. Were Jenna and Jinelle two of the vets? No. Did she work with an alumni to get the same amount of help? Yes. Was she poked and prodded by current vets about not attending? Yes, a current RC told me she witnessed Megan going up to Kyndall at Tuesday's stadium rehearsal and saw her question Kyndall about not attending like a parent would do to a child. After Kyndall explained the situation Megan she continued to poke at the topic and walk away and tell other girls about Kyndall not attending and basically spreading gossip. Do I think it will hurt her? No, she has progressed and shown improvement. I personally don't think Melissa's sessions are helpful I think it's mainly for ratings. I believe Sarah I. or an alumni who isn't a media and reality tv seeker that still dances and is involved with the dance world would be the better choice for a mentor for the RC IMO. I have heard nothing but kind and amazing things about Kyndall and I do hope she makes the team. I believe she would be an asset and positive influence in the locker room.

Also yes, she was let go from her previous job because her boss was not supportive of her pursuing DCC. That's why last year she wasn't ever filmed in the office it was through the glass doors. She took a smaller position so the hours would not conflict with each other. That being said he still found reasons to find issues so she was ultimately let go not because she was a bad employee but because she is trying to achieve her dream. 

Edited by TXStar35
  • Love 24
(edited)
6 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Was Kyndall invited to the session? Yes. Was she unable to make it? Yes. Did she give ample warning to CMT that she couldn't attend? Yes. Did she bad mouth Melissa's teaching? No. Did she see counseling from Vets and Alumni if it would be bad if she didn't attend? Yes, they told her it would not be a big deal. Were Jenna and Jinelle two of the vets? No. Did she work with an alumni to get the same amount of help? Yes. Was she poked and prodded by current vets about not attending? Yes, a current RC told me she witnessed Megan going up to Kyndall at Tuesday's stadium rehearsal and saw her question Kyndall about not attending like a parent would do to a child. After Kyndall explained the situation Megan she continued to poke at the topic and walk away and tell other girls about Kyndall not attending and basically spreading gossip. Do I think it will hurt her? No, she has progressed and shown improvement. I personally don't think Melissa's sessions are helpful I think it's mainly for ratings. I believe Sarah I. or an alumni who isn't a media and reality tv seeker that still dances and is involved with the dance world would be the better choice for a mentor for the RC IMO. I have heard nothing but kind and amazing things about Kyndall and I do hope she makes the team. I believe she would be an asset and positive influence in the locker room.

thank you!! I know Kelli and Judy appreciated Kyndall's maturity last year and desire to be on the team while keeping a full time professional job.  I hope they recognize this as another example of her desire to balance everything and she makes it on the squad this year. 

ETA: again, I have nothing against Melissa R but I do think someone like Sarah would be wonderful! She already helps so many girls prepare (like Amy L) and she seems to love the organization without sugar coating the hard stuff.  

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 2
(edited)

I want more cuts and I hope the Kyndall debacle is shown.  After all, this is a reality tv show and the drama is the reason I watch.   I've never been a dancer and I watch this show because I love the drama of it.   bring on the cuts!!!

i don't know any of these ladies and they shouldn't do a reality show if they don't want to be talked about on a message board.   loving all the fun gossip on here too. #sorrynotsorry

Edited by Runnergrl37
11 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Thanks!  Megan who? Surely not vet Megan - she seems so lovely!  I always forget if RC are returning 1st years or the newbies (never been DCCs)

Just now, NJCATE said:

Does anyone know if there is a specific date when camp is officially over ?

I don't know about an official end date but I've heard the squad photo is scheduled for August 5...so I assume that it has to be done before then. Unless they pull what they did the year Stephanie Heymann made it and didn't tell everyone till they were dressed and ready to go (so cruel lol) 

• Love 1
Just now, NJCATE said:

Does anyone know if there is a specific date when camp is officially over ?

Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Thanks!  Megan who? Surely not vet Megan - she seems so lovely!  I always forget if RC are returning 1st years or the newbies (never been DCCs)

Yes, Veteran Megan.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Also yes, she was let go from her previous job because her boss was not supportive of her pursuing DCC. That's why last year she wasn't ever filmed in the office it was through the glass doors. She took a smaller position so the hours would not conflict with each other. That being said he still found reasons to find issues so she was ultimately let go not because she was a bad employee but because she is trying to achieve her dream. 

Dang..I feel like I need a cocktail and I'm not even in training camp! I can't imagine how Kyndall must feel. It's so crazy to think how one thing gets completely distorted and leads to so much drama. The rookies must be scared to death already (especially Kyndall being here a second time) and to have to deal with rumors being spread about you to vets must just be horrible. I'm hoping even more that she makes it now!

• Love 6

Thank you TexStar35 for clearing things up.  I liked Kendall and am glad she seems to be doing well.  I hope she makes the team. Sad to see a vet be so gossipy.  Some people can't devote every spare minute to do extra.  Maybe Kendall had to work. There are more important things in life than Making the Team.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Wednesday.

Yes, Veteran Megan.

Thanks for responding ... I'm a bit bummed to hear this.  Sigh - at the end of the day, 20-some year olds will be 20-some year olds.  (makes me think of the people who use to be so mean to me and I wonder if they ever reflect back on their actions and who they were as people...oh well, the beauty of youth)

• Love 1

That is really really sad for Kyndall. Hopefully the experience she's gained working there can help her find a new job elsewhere with a more understanding employer. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I love Kyndall and yes why is any of Megan's business, were they friends in camp last year? Especially as someone who basically walked onto the team she probably doesn't understand the stress and struggle some girls experience. 

I think a lot of employers aren't very flexible and that's probably why girls end up working for DCC sponsors or as dance/spin instructors. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 2

I honestly hope Kyndall is able to stay with her current employer; it sounds like she is passionate about the field she works in (marketing, right?) and I always hate to see these girls like "I love my job!! oh wait, i quit for training camp."  

• Love 1

Wow, Megan sounds like a real piece of work.  She was one of my favorite; now I hope she gets cut.  Kelli and Judi, if you're reading this, you don't need toxic people like Megan on the team!

• Love 2

From an employer's standpoint, your priority is to do your job, not pursue your dream. I get why it didn't work for Kyndall. 

Another reason to just hire these girls full time, DCC, and let them seek out appearances or endorsements or whatever to cover costs. So many are in sales of some sort already, I think they could bring in the revenue.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I honestly hope Kyndall is able to stay with her current employer; it sounds like she is passionate about the field she works in (marketing, right?) and I always hate to see these girls like "I love my job!! oh wait, i quit for training camp."  

Wait was there confirmation that Kyndall was having job issues?  I thought that was still TBC?

(edited)

Well now, let's not run too fast the opposite direction.  Maybe Megan thought she was being genuinely helpful? I still think she was out of line and that's the GL or GL 2's responsibility but I hate to crucify her as toxic to the team when this is the first i've ever heard of her being a mean girl.  :-/ 

And I echo the Kyndall job question - did she quit her job? I thought she was still with it, that's why she had a scheduling conflict? 

I'm about ready to start a gofundme for the DCC so that they can just keep everyone left and end the stress and drama LOL (i kid) 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Megan practically walked in because she had the skill to back it up. I don't want to paint her a villain yet either.

Totally - the girl is an amazing dancer and a really fun performer. None of the weird or forced or over the top facial expressions. And she's quite beautiful too .. an "exotic" as some would say lol

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KristyMc19 said:

Leading up to the final night, it sounds like they're having a guest come in for each training camp.  Kellie Pickler on Monday, Candace Romo on Tuesday (talk about pressure!), Michelle Keys on Wednesday, not sure who will be up next tonight!  Also, got word that Kitty Carter will be making another appearance possibly next week!  The girls better be ready to 'kick' butt!

Is any of this being filmed????? Didn't someone way CMT isn't back until next week??? 

6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Lol - but so do we ;).   I'm not from Dallas (so don't really know much about her besides for the fact that she is extremely pretty and can speak well in those little happy holidays video bits the players and their wives do on the thanksgiving game), but I don't really think that just because someone marries the quarterback they should be an authority over all the cheerleaders.   It kind of goes back to the Paige thing how now the DCC organization must bow down to her just cause a player says she's worthy to be his mate. 

Candace Romo is a former Miss Missouri and has been in lots of pageants. Very similar pressure to TC and DCC. 

I think this whole thing with Kyndall is being blown way out of proportion.  When it comes down to it...Melissa's mentor sessions are not mandatory unless you are asked by Kelli and/or Judy which from other sources...Judy asked CMT to have Kyndall go to Melissa for help.  If that's the case, then that just wasn't a good move on Kyndall's part.  As for Megan...I hope y'all don't think bitter things about her now that you've heard what she "may" have said.  I'm sure she just wants the RC's to do whatever they can do make the team even with some extra help from Melissa.  Megan is kind hearted and a great asset to the team.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

I think this whole thing with Kyndall is being blown way out of proportion.  When it comes down to it...Melissa's mentor sessions are not mandatory unless you are asked by Kelli and/or Judy which from other sources...Judy asked CMT to have Kyndall go to Melissa for help.  If that's the case, then that just wasn't a good move on Kyndall's part.  As for Megan...I hope y'all don't think bitter things about her now that you've heard what she "may" have said.  I'm sure she just wants the RC's to do whatever they can do make the team even with some extra help from Melissa.  Megan is kind hearted and a great asset to the team.  

Hmmmm

2 minutes ago, spazette said:

@TXStar35 in your professional opinion will there be more cuts? I'm not asking for names or anything, just curious. It would be so rough to be cut on one of the last nights! 

Yes, I believe there will be 3 more cuts. Yuko being one since she has till today to be back at the studio with new visa in hand.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Omg, THANK YOU for this. Seriously. I hate gossip like this because it's so hard to verify... Kyndall has been getting hammered on these boards because of this rumor. I too do not find Melissa's sessions helpful at all and agree it's been done for ratings. As many posters have said before, there are so many other alumni that would be better mentors. melissa is a joke.

What type of job did Kyndall do? Her ex boss sounds like an ass. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Hmmmm

Yes, I believe there will be 3 more cuts. Yuko being one since she has till today to be back at the studio with new visa in hand.

That's unfortunate ... I really hope she didn't spend the thousands to go back to Japan just to be cut.  They should've cut that loose as soon as the visa issue reared it's head

• Love 5
Just now, LadyMsJay said:

Quick poll: How many of you would die if you saw your username pop up at their social media seminar (if filmed)? lol

lol ... omg that would so be awesome!

Pick me J+K!  Pick me!!  Although I don't want anyone to guess who I am especially given how active I am on this board. They already think I'm weird already lol

• Love 3