Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

So, do you think anyone else will be cut tonight?

I have a feeling but really not sure :-/  I just wonder if they will announce show group tonight or wait till the next practice like they did last year...

• Love 2
(edited)

i bet tonight is a cut night. In previous seasons after cameo/Jump split night they have called girls in the office and gave them 24 hours. Buuuuut then again, they are at the Gaylord Texan tonight so they technically don't have an "office" to cut a girl in. Unless they have a makeshift one at the Glass Cactus.

Edited by radishcake
remove baiting language
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Wowza there's some nasty attitudes on here. I guess it's too hard to scroll and ignore?

i bet tonight is a cut night. In previous seasons after cameo/Jump split night they have called girls in the office and gave them 24 hours. Buuuuut then again, they are at the Gaylord Texan tonight so they technically don't have an "office" to cut a girl in. Unless they have a makeshift one at the Glass Cactus.

so anxious to see if any of the new girls make it as alternate! that is usually a good sign that they are 'safe'...at least i can't think of anyone who made SG alternate and then didn't get on the squad. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

Yeah, I doubt tonight is a cut night.  I would like confirmation of who was cut last night though -- I've heard that it was Amy.

She's so desperate though. If it was her, don't you think we'd have an uber depressing or evil social media post?

Amy was not cut last night.  While I don't think she's as desperate/rude/etc. as so many here think she is, I do think she would post something on social media about her journey ending. I also figure she must have looked fine in the uniform or they would have cut her right away like Megan two years ago. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Amy was not cut last night.  While I don't think she's as desperate/rude/etc. as so many here think she is, I do think she would post something on social media about her journey ending. I also figure she must have looked fine in the uniform or they would have cut her right away like Megan two years ago. 

Any insight as to who was cut and/or why they were cut?

Is that Kyndall second from the right in the splits pic on the DCC Twitter?  Also, is that Emily back right on the dance pic w/ the two rookies?

Just trying to use the pics to learn who wasn't cut.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

LaurenBrook, why can't you tell us who WAS cut?

i'm just saying Amy was *not* cut! i followed certain girls before they went private so sometimes i can do process of elimination lol obviously not for everyone since most of the girls I dont follow and i doubt they will add strangers before the end of camp...

• Love 2
(edited)

Who's missing from the pic?? I don't see Emily 

Yep think it's definitely Emily that was cut. As someone mentioned all dancers are required to participate in show group tryouts even if they aren't auditioning. 

Edited by RhiRhi
(edited)

I was literally just posting that! Yep I don't see Emily. Plus she was apparently re-tweeting "journey/chapter" stuff and tweeted smathryn schmun that she needed her or something yesterday. I don't follow her on Twitter and hers is private so I'm just going by what I heard on here.

i wonder why it was.. Kick technique, dancing probs or just good old fashioned frozen face? 

Edited by JC123

From left to right: Kyndall, Maggie, Kelli, Khalyn, Amy, Tess, Allie (right below Tess), Madeline, Milan, Sheridan, Bethany, Kelsey, Jesika, Tasha, Selina, Mandy, heather (hiding in the back), Brennan, Heather, Cersten

• Love 1
(edited)

Hmm maybe Yuko didn't try out because her visa might not allow overseas travel? My friend from China wasn't allowed to come on a class trip to Paris because of the terms of his visa. Just a thought. 

Doesnt explain the other AWOL candidates though! 

Edited by JC123
32 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Hmm maybe Yuko didn't try out because her visa might not allow overseas travel? My friend from China wasn't allowed to come on a class trip to Paris because of the terms of his visa. Just a thought. 

Doesnt explain the other AWOL candidates though! 

That makes sense why she would choose not to be considered, but all rookies are required to try out

• Love 1

Yeah, Celinda is definitely gone...looks like that for Emily too :-/  Yuko is a shock to me though! Didn't txstar say she had one of the favorite solos from auditions and was really well liked by all the girls? (of course, Karen was also a judge favorite and we know how that ended). She must not have been able to get the style down or something. I keep looking at that picture thinking she's hiding behind someone lol 

But all three can't be gone -- TXStar said that only one was cut on Tuesday.  Two of those three who are missing must still be in TC.  They just weren't in that photo for some reason.

I figured there might have been a cut if Kelli and Judy were there. It was interesting that they didn't have Kitty come for show group, she would have been a better judge than those who don't know dance.

1 minute ago, Sandiedog said:

Yuko got a Barbie and got cut?

right? that doesn't make sense...remember last year at final auditions Lacey was in the bathroom when they took the vet picture.  Maybe that is what happened here!! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

But all three can't be gone -- TXStar said that only one was cut on Tuesday.  Two of those three who are missing must still be in TC.  They just weren't in that photo for some reason.

Good point...I doubt they would have had practice before SG auditions. would they have pulled two girls aside to cut them before auditions? that doesn't seem right.  Maybe Kelli met with some girls after auditions and that is why they are missing? 

I do remember K/J setting up a makeshift office and meeting with girls after SG. auditions in season 7.   They didn't make any cuts that night because they told Kelsey, if we were making a cut tonight, it would be you (thank god they didn't!)

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

I do remember K/J setting up a makeshift office and meeting with girls after SG. auditions in season 7.   They didn't make any cuts that night because they told Kelsey, if we were making a cut tonight, it would be you (thank god they didn't!)

that's right! that was the night they met with Carisa, Kelsey and Danielle I think.  

awwww poor Celinda! She looks so cute!! 

I wonder what the issue is with her visa, especially because Jinelle and Angela had a visa and I don't think had an issue! Maybe she applied for a shorter term visa than what she thought was needed

4 minutes ago, favshow1993 said:

I couldn't stand it anymore...I had to call in a favor from one of the TCC girls trying out. Celinda was the only one cut the other night. Auto Amy, Kelsey, Emily and a number of other ones have been called in to the office and are definitely in jeopardy of being eliminated soon. Yuko is indeed having trouble with her visa. (This is all from a new TCC perspective...the only thing definite is the cut)  

cut.JPG

she looks super cute there but i was not impressed in any of the pics from camp of her.  she is young, right? i bet she will come back :) 

That stinks about Yuko's visa cause that's something sort of outside what she can control :( i follow her on IG and a recent comment she made to someone on one of her pics had the crying face but everything she writes is in Japanese which i am not fluent in lol 

They have to make a ton of additional cuts if they're taking a squad of 36. How many are left?? 43? 42? 

Just now, favshow1993 said:

I didn't really understand but I think Kelli told her multiple times to get her paperwork done but she didn't understand or didn't get it done in time. She has to go back for a few weeks before she can come back? I don't think that was going to work with camp and first game. I wonder if they told her to try again next year. 

That SUCKS. I was really cheering for Yuko. 

• Love 2

Back to what TXStar said about Cersten.  That's disappointing to hear.  I really thought she cam across talented and poised.  Maybe KJ will have a talk with her.  A DCC needs to be approchable, and gracious while projecting confidence and sex appeal.  Fine line...

That sucks about Yuko's visa.  I hope she can come back.  

• Love 3

If Amy gets cut, I want Kelli to put her out of her misery and tell her not to audition again.

4 minutes ago, Stinkerbell said:

Don't I remember them putting braces on some of the girls in earlier seasons? On the inside of their teeth so they don't show? Do they not have that option anymore?

Invisalign would be a better option

• Love 2
11 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

She's so desperate though. If it was her, don't you think we'd have an uber depressing or evil social media post?

Not at all. 

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

If Amy gets cut, I want Kelli to put her out of her misery and tell her not to audition again.

*Emily.. Because poor girl 

• Love 3