Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Crazy how Kelli has been trying out for almost a decade (Sydney's first year would have been 9 seasons ago, right?) and never even made it into training camp, then she makes TC and makes SG as a rookie and is doing a major performance in uniform before the team is even announced!  

How could their audition process let someone fall through the cracks like that?  And hasn't kitty been pushing her for years too?   Almost makes you wonder if one lone person was keeping her off the squad all this time and they just weren't involved/didn't have any say this year for the first time.  KWIM?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Eeeeeeeeyikes. This really could be the mother of all mass cuts ??

Insert evil laugh here...LOL! Is it sad that I'm ready to get on with the drama? 

12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Crazy how Kelli has been trying out for almost a decade (Sydney's first year would have been 9 seasons ago, right?) and never even made it into training camp, then she makes TC and makes SG as a rookie and is doing a major performance in uniform before the team is even announced!  

How could their audition process let someone fall through the cracks like that?  And hasn't kitty been pushing her for years too?   Almost makes you wonder if one lone person was keeping her off the squad all this time and they just weren't involved/didn't have any say this year for the first time.  KWIM?

Kitty loved Kelli right?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Insert evil laugh here...LOL! Is it sad that I'm ready to get on with the drama? 

Kitty loved Kelli right?

The whole try-out thing is sometimes weird ... I really think it's so arbitrary ... if many vets had stayed, would Madelyn or Emily have made TC much less show group?  who knows!

• Love 1

Yeah the audition process is brutal to say the least. Collectively, everyone (as in dance peers) loves Kelli and knows she has deserved to make TC for a long time. Sometines certain girls just fall through the cracks. I don't get it either.

• Love 1

So, this is technically Week 8 of training camp.  Last week!  Oh man, do I feel nervous for the girls on the bubble.  That's got to be so nerve-wracking knowing that you made it to the last week.

Did we figure out how many more cuts need to be made for a squad of 36?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

So, this is technically Week 8 of training camp.  Last week!  Oh man, do I feel nervous for the girls on the bubble.  That's got to be so nerve-wracking knowing that you made it to the last week.

Did we figure out how many more cuts need to be made for a squad of 36?

They have 42 girls left so they would have to cut 6 girls. Yuko may be forced to withdrawal if her Visa issues do not get resolved. I think I read she had to go back this past weekend, does anyone here know if she returned? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

They have 42 girls left so they would have to cut 6 girls. Yuko may be forced to withdrawal if her Visa issues do not get resolved. I think I read she had to go back this past weekend, does anyone here know if she returned? 

wow really?  she went back for a weekend trip to Japan? That's expensive especially during the summertime! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I really hope Emily doesn't make it - that girl and her bugged out eyes really annoy me.  I cannot believe she made it to camp, much less is thisclose to making the team!!

If she gets her eyes together, I hope she does.

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She probably has just gotten better over the years. Either that or she has just been JUST below the mark of making TC.

18 minutes ago, AmberRP said:

Didn't they cut 5 in one day last year during week 8? The RCs must be so nervous..one mistake could end it all! ?

Yeah. I really feel for the girls this season. I may have missed it, but when will the team be announced? Last year it was around this time.

I'm thinking Kelli did just slip through the net, not to say she was bad, but she probably didn't grip them with her solo or stand out. I didn't realise she had tried out so many times before - that literally makes me like her 100 times more.

man I would hate to be a TCC right now, imagine getting to the last few practices of training camp and then getting cut. I know they should be logical and they know that more cuts need to be made but even so, in the last week of training camp you'd definitely have a little glimmer of hope and imagine yourself dancing on the field☹️ 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I don't know what week it is but 1 day ago Kat tweeted photos of the DCC locker room and "Last locker room visit before the team is announced..." so the end is near I'm assuming. 

Wait- Kat??? Why am I confused? Kat the cut one-year tweeted that?

1 minute ago, GingerJ said:

Wait- Kat??? Why am I confused? Kat the cut one-year tweeted that?

Oh, I see someone said that yes, it was her. I guess they have to announce the team this week- the players leave for Oxnard Thursday and I don't know if DCC goes with them the same day or later, but Friday July 29th is their kid's camp in Oxnard. And I know they do talk shows and other media appearances so they must leave early next week.

So did Kat get to go in there and look at her locker one last time and maybe take home her picture, poms, etc. even though she was cut?    Does the old team get to do that every year or something?

27 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

That is kinda sad.  Personally I would have gone gently into that goodnight.  

Oh the agony...one and done and no DMD, I'm at a loss for words. So sad...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

The locker visit was almost a "wake" of sorts to formally face the ending of a chapter. I generally think the word "closure" is overused, but seems to apply in this case.

So they do take them back into the locker room at this point?  Cut girls and retiring vets?  Do they get to keep their picture?

7 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Stupid box

I know Kat is universally beloved and all, but if she went on a stadium tour and had her pic taken in front of her old locker, that is truly eye roll worthy.  Give it up, girl.

• Love 2

Same! I wouldn't be surprised if there were more later in the week and just "we'll give you another couple days" office visits today/tomorrow though.

I can't imagine how these TCCs are feeling, especially the returning girls who hadn't made it to training camp. Yikes!

Also, I was watching the beginning of Season 10 earlier - is the Sheridan who puked after the kick line in semis the same one in training camp this year?

I've been watching season 10 again over these last few days - saw the bloodbath cut episode today - goodness :(.  Taylor took her cut harder than I remembered and so did Courtney.  Poor Selina wasn't ever called in before being cut and really wasn't given a good reason why they cut her.  Kayleigh had a little bit of an idea it was coming cause she was at least called in before the time she got cut, but they didn't have a good reason for her cut either (they just told her stuff about how she's fading/boarding and isn't standing out - I'm sure lots of girls fade and blend all the time).   Then Simone was told to fix things that she didn't fix, but then still made the squad.   I personally think that Kayleigh and Selina were cut for their looks more than any dance-related reason, and K&J just didn't want to say that cause it would have sounded so mean to string them along so long when they could see what they looked like at cameos (I wonder what will happen to Selina this time). 

(edited)

Tonight is the first night of across the field at the stadium and first stadium practice so it's very exciting and nerve wracking!! I am excited to see what the outcome of tonight looks like! 

Edited by TXStar35
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, sunwave said:

Same! I wouldn't be surprised if there were more later in the week and just "we'll give you another couple days" office visits today/tomorrow though.

I can't imagine how these TCCs are feeling, especially the returning girls who hadn't made it to training camp. Yikes!

Also, I was watching the beginning of Season 10 earlier - is the Sheridan who puked after the kick line in semis the same one in training camp this year?

Different Sheridan...the Sheridan that threw up last year apparently applied to try out again this year but didn't show up.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that, dalgirl! 

19 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Tonight is the first night of across the field at the stadium and first stadium practice so it's very exciting and nerve wracking!! I am excited to see what the outcome of tonight looks like! 

Do you think cuts will be made??

It's been three or four seasons since they used the big screen to announce the team. If they're at the stadium, that would be a fun reveal, but not alongside 3-4-5 cuts ?

9 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Please, please say it....with sugar on top...

Oh just that people were called in. I probably won't know anything until the morning. You all might know first. And even then I will not say anything unless it is announced (good rule @TXStar35)

• Love 4

Yeah same! 7am here I was sooooooo hoping I'd wake up to some CUTS aghhh 

I'm starting to feel really sorry for these girls now. There's giving them a good chance at it and then there's dragging it out ?

• Love 3

Cuts, cuts, cuts!!! What the hell?!?  It's 1:30 in the freakin morning here in Utah. WHO HAS BEEN CUT? 

These late nights are ridiculous!  I really do feel bad for the women who will be cut yet continue being dragged along.