Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, pink317 said:

New vets Jax, Claire (snooze), Robin! No Kashara or Amy L :(

I am surprised KaShara didn't make it. And Claire got a barbie! I think there's a lot we don't know about her

im disappointed Raylee didn't make it. I know she's been working really hard for it

Just now, JayDKay said:

AAIA Kelli? Or is there another one? 

Yep AAIA Kelli!

• Love 1
(edited)

Does Danielle opt out of showgroup? Or has she never made it?

Hasn't Kelli tried out for DCC many times, never made it to training camp and then makes Show Group her first year in TC? Wow, go girl! 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

SHOW GROUP ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 

Looks like Kelli, Maggie, Mandy AND MADELINE!!!! are the rookie candidates that Made it!

Ahhhh!!!! That's my girl!! Go Maddie!! Just so proud of how hard she's worked this past year! 

Thats so awesome for the other new girls too! Hope that means they are safe. Not surprised robin made it this year but so cool for Claire and Jax! 

• Love 9
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Ahhhh!!!! That's my girl!! Go Maddie!! Just so proud of how hard she's worked this past year! 

Thats so awesome for the other new girls too! Hope that means they are safe. Not surprised robin made it this year but so cool for Claire and Jax! 

I'm just so excited for Madeline 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

Does Danielle opt out of showgroup? Or has she never made it?

I was wondering that too... I wonder if she opts out with her schedule. Sad that kashara didn't make it ☹

• Love 2
Just now, MamaV said:

So is this the Kelli who tried and failed multiple years to even get to training camp?  And she makes show group?  What's going on this year?

I think many of the girls really just stepped it up this year. Maybe took it more seriously than prior years

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I'm so pleased for Madeline. I really wanted her to make the team and this seems to put a lock on that. 

RC have made show group in the past then been cut from training camp since its an alternate status. I worry for her on kicks and appearance. Her kicks just aren't improving, and I fear it will be a Taylor situation once they get on the field and intermix with the vets JMO.

Also being that is Kitty's first night I see it being a major cut night now.

Edited by TXStar35
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yes! So happy for them all!

• Love 1
Just now, TXStar35 said:

RC have made show group in the past then been cut from training camp since its an alternate status. I worry for her on kicks and appearance. Her kicks just aren't improving, and I fear it will be a Taylor situation once they get on the field and intermix with the vets JMO.

I don't remember an alternate ever being cut unless it wasn't shown/they didn't show us show group that year. Which alternates got cut?

• Love 4

Which RC SG memebers were cut? I've been watching for 10 years and can't remember an instance? Please remind us.

Rachel was also BORE CITY for me for three years and she made SG so someone important likes her. Hopefully Claire will stick out more in SG. I never noticed her,  she doesn't "command my attention" or whatever phrase Kelli uses.

excuse the typo, i cant seem to edit the post.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Claire and Megan both flew under the radar quite a bit, but they're gorgeous and really talented.

I know everybody has different opinions when it comes to looks, but IMO Megan is by far the prettiest.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

I don't remember an alternate ever being cut unless it wasn't shown/they didn't show us show group that year. Which alternates got cut?

This was a few years back, and it was not shown which girls made show group from the rookie candidate class.

2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If Madeline's kicks aren't perfect by now, I don't know how they'd improve. She's danced her whole life and she should be at a very flexible age.

I thought the same thing truthfully. Only after seeing her kicks at finals and since training camp started did it realize how seriously tight they were even like last year. I hope for her sake she pulls it off but it would be a stretch IMO and some of others.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Also being that is Kitty's first night I see it being a major cut night now.

I see your point. That makes sense!

i guess it's possible then, that Kelli could still be cut too?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I see your point. That makes sense!

i guess it's possible then, that Kelli could still be cut too?

Kelli has received nothing but absolute praise the entirety of training camp. Comments like "how did we never notice your talent before", "a diamond in the ruff", and "I couldn't stop watching you". I am happy for her, she looked great at finals!

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Kelli has received nothing but absolute praise the entirety of training camp. Comments like "how did we never notice your talent before", "a diamond in the ruff", and "I couldn't stop watching you". I am happy for her, she looked great at finals!

Aww! I love hearing that :) She truly seems like an awesome young lady.  

and you know i love you, txstar35 :), but i gotta keep rooting for Madeline! just something about her i love and i hope she can pull it off! 

• Love 7

I think with Kelli (who we know was highly recommended by Kitty at least one year in the past), the judges just didn't feel like she had the look or pop or something and so she never got through. I've always been so impressed by talent and I think she's gorgeous, and it's always been a huge mystery why she never made it to camp. Every year I kept thinking that she could blow everyone away if they gave her a chance and it seems that's the case. So yay!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Aww! I love hearing that :) She truly seems like an awesome young lady.  

and you know i love you, txstar35 :), but i gotta keep rooting for Madeline! just something about her i love and i hope she can pull it off! 

Funny thing is she's one of the oldest RC!

And you know I love you as well ;), and though my critique of her is tough if she pulls it off I will be more than happy for her and would look forward to possibly seeing her solo again at MTT.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I love your insight TXSTAR35. It helps me understand TC better and keeps us in the loop!

• Love 4
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

What issues do they have with Madeline's appearance?

From Kelli and Judy I haven't heard but from others I have been told her look is too juvenile and her face is overly round. I can agree to a certain point on all of those as well.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I'm so excited... I hope Kelli is featured on the show!

1 minute ago, TXStar35 said:

From Kelli and Judy I haven't heard but from others I have been told her look is too juvenile and her face is overly round. I can agree to a certain point on all of those as well.

Thank you.... 

Any feedback on Tasha you can share???

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TXStar35 said:

And you know I love you as well ;), and though my critique of her is tough if she pulls it off I will be more than happy for her and would look forward to possibly seeing her solo again at MTT.

I'd love to see her solo!! I asked Kelsey if she will post hers and she said she will but not till after camp/if she's cut. I know she didn't get a barbie but her solo still looked beautiful and i'd love to see it too. 

2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I'm so excited... I hope Kelli is featured on the show!

Thank you.... 

Any feedback on Tasha you can share???

Regarding Tasha, for what it's worth I asked Kelsey about her since they are in the same group and she said Tashsa is actually incredibly sweet and down to earth.  Not that I think Kelsey would blast anyone LOL but that is at least one person's opinion. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

This was a few years back, and it was not shown which girls made show group from the rookie candidate class.

I thought the same thing truthfully. Only after seeing her kicks at finals and since training camp started did it realize how seriously tight they were even like last year. I hope for her sake she pulls it off but it would be a stretch IMO and some of others.

Do you remember which girls? I'm just really curious since we haven't seen any rookie SG picks get cut on the show.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I'm sorry...this is going to sound really really really mean, but it shows.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm sorry...this is going to sound really really really mean, but it shows.

She does look a lot older, it's the super skinny things that ages your face unfortunately.  I'm also distracted by the mole on her eyelid. 

3 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

She does look a lot older, it's the super skinny things that ages your face unfortunately.  I'm also distracted by the mole on her eyelid. 

That's no more distracting than Jenna's scar or Celinda's snaggle tooth 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

That's no more distracting than Jenna's scar or Celinda's snaggle tooth 

I personally think that so called imperfections make them more human. 

• Love 10

I didn't realize Kelli was so ripped, her Twitter photo shows she has like a six pack

30 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I agree with this too.  I don't think Madeline looks like a DCC at all - but she clearly is a good dancer (w/ the possible exception of not being able to kick well).

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I didn't realize Kelli was so ripped, her Twitter photo shows she has like a six pack

yeah, she and her bf are REALLY into fitness.  I think it's admirable really :) 

(edited)

I am over joyed for everyone of course but AHHHHHHH KELLI Q! I love this girl. Like you have no idea. I've seen her in kitty's classes for years and she very "nasty yet lady like" or a "classy stripper" as kitty would say. Kitty has always pondered why she hasn't made training camp for however long it's been.

Truth is at the end of the day there's PLENTY of girls who have the dance talent to be a dcc but if they are too thick in the midsection or don't have the right hair color or even the right "connections" they don't make it. Sad but true.

anywho, I'm happy for all of them! So deserving!

It's 9:00. Central time

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Kelsey HAS NOT been cut. She is fine I'm assuming she just nervous as are the other girls since Celinda's cut was very unexpected and they all feel a bit on their toes more so. That could be the reason for Emily and Kelsey's post knowing yes they are somewhat in the hot seat. I did hear about a lot of the RC practicing at various studios and football fields today to get some extra kick time and mirror time before tonight's obvious cut night. I would hope to see up to three girls cut tonight to get the real talent their place on the studio floor to prepare for August and learn the rest of the dances needed for first game and Meet the Team. 

Good! I love Kelsey. I actually commented on that post. I actually don't like to cut these girls down because they're all beautiful and talented. I try to be positive instead of negative, too. I've never seen any of them be mean. I met Amy at an Americans game and she was nice as can be. 

I have Emily eyes. My eyes do that in photographs at times. She's a beautiful woman. I hope these girls that are "underdogs" make it. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

It sounds as if you're describing her face as a pumpkin. A juvenile look? Well she is 18 not 25 or 30. I recall Jenn being referred to as "too young or juvenile" & let's look at her now. I personally believe many of the past powerhouse DCC's (Hello Sydney) made the team young then grew-up within its structure.  

Mads is incredibly well liked & popular. Everyone I'm familiar with in the Utah dance community seems to love her. She is modest, sweet & generous. She has held a job & had to pay her way for a long time (hence the more plain costumes).

Mads is a young woman. She's fresh & pretty. She isn't overly styled with gallons of makeup. I've seen her kick in person & she's fine. I know the Utah connections from Tobey to Courtney. Madeline is an incredible dancer which is why she made SG. She can kick & do the splits as well as anyone. They may not be her strongest skill, but they are plenty good enough. I don't believe for one second she makes SG yet fails to make the team. 

One of Mad's biggest positives is how extremely well spoken she is, especially for someone so young. It's common with many Mormon's because they are required to speak in front of their congregations frequently. 

I'm thrilled to see Madeline is on SG & one step closer to realizing her dream. I can't wait to see another Utahn set to take her turn as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

• Love 12

Could someone post the rookies who got barbies? I can't seem to find a list anywhere, and it will just make it less stressful to know if my favorites started out on the right foot (as if my stress counts for anything haha)

• Love 1