Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: A Badge and a Gun

• Start Topic

I hope she's not
That was JJ storyline and a job in another city was Hotch and Beth problem (or solution...)
If I had to choose I would like the great job in another place. An unspected pregnancy is out of chararter, they are too old for that...I am aware this is something always can happen but... And who is going to raise their child? Haley was a housewife at least for awhile and the same happened with Will. So the one surprising thing would be Morgan staying at home to be a dad

Edited by smoker
  • Love 4

I hope she's not

That was JJ storyline and a job in another city was Hotch and Beth problem (or solution...)

If I have to choose I would like the great job in another place. An unspected pregnancy is out of chararter, they are too old for that...I am aware this is something always can happen but... And who is going to raise their child? Haley was a housewife at least for awhile and the same happened with Will. So the one surprising thing would be Morgan staying at home to be a dad

If she's pregnant, and if Morgan has a close call, I'd imagine he would remember what it was like for him, growing up without his father. That might make him choose to leave the BAU. It would be a change from previous story lines.

As to who would raise the child---for several generations now, it has been at least as common for children to have two working parents than not.

• Love 6

If she's pregnant, and if Morgan has a close call, I'd imagine he would remember what it was like for him, growing up without his father. That might make him choose to leave the BAU. It would be a change from previous story lines.

As to who would raise the child---for several generations now, it has been at least as common for children to have two working parents than not.

Agree, that's what I mean by surprising thing, the one way a pregnancy would be ok (in my book) is if it gave Morgan a powerful reason to leave the BAU.

two working parents, absolutely. Two parents who are never available...

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

I hope she's not

If I had to choose I would like the great job in another place. An unspected pregnancy is out of chararter, they are too old for that...I am aware this is something always can happen but... And who is going to raise their child? Haley was a housewife at least for awhile and the same happened with Will. So the one surprising thing would be Morgan staying at home to be a dad

I'm with you. Unexpected pregnancies have been done to death in TV land. As I mentioned in another thread, I'd prefer it to be a great new gig for Savannah, perhaps in Chicago where Derek can be closer to his mom and sisters. Or he could just decide to leave the BAU because he knows how this job can be a relationship killer and he and Savannah are thinking of getting married. And remember Derek can always concentrate on his properties as a new career.

• Love 6

I have no issue if Savannah is pregnant and that is one of the catalysts that facilitate Morgan's exit. Granted, if that IS the case, I think it will be his experience in episode 16 that will be a bigger driver, and maybe he will have some sort of epiphany and give his child a father with a safer career than his father had. It would practically be revolutionary (at least in TV land) for a man to change jobs, because HE wanted to be closer to his family. 

• Love 5

This episode was kinda meh for me. Wasn't interested in the unsub, wasn't convinced of his motivation or triggers. It was nice that they were all profiling together as a team. JJ and Garcia were fine (again! a trend?), no Lewis, and Reid got to be badass (although I think killing weighs on his soul more than others), and this had a decent amount of Hotch for the precursor to a TG-directed episode. Rossi got some good snark in.

But...

I really hated all the Jim Clemente all over the place. He wasn't doing a cameo, he was almost a co-star!

And, the whole Morgan/Savannah thing was stupid. I certainly hope "Derek" isn't as ridiculous as it seems it will be. It needs to be a BAU case, not something from his cop past, and the torture stuff looked waaaay over the top, the crucifixion pose, etc. Oy. 

• Love 6

It says a lot about this episode that 9 of the 10 previous comments were "Is Savannah pregnant or not?  Will Derek quit the BAU to be a real baby daddy?"

There was supposedly a story line here.  But it was so tiresome and predictable, that of course it's going to shrink to the smaller part of our thoughts.  Unsub?  No "un" about it.  Some profiling, which was nice - but not enough.  And Garcia narrows down 10,000 suspects to 1?!  Such skill!  Such talent on the computer!  Hell, my 15-year old arthritic cat could have done that on my laptop.  That's how preposterous it was.

I feel so sorry for the cast, who used to have such fabulous scripts to work with.

Now, it's just so sad.

• Love 8

I thought it was interesting how they immediately assumed that it was a 'rogue' FBI agent and started checking through the personnel files.  That would definitely be a possibility, but I would think that their first thought would be that someone had some fake credentials and was impersonating an agent.  Which is what happened, of course, except the credentials were stolen. However, it didn't seem like they even started looking for an impostor until they had accounted for all active agents.

I found it amusing how they had to put in codes and enter through those heavy steel doors into the super-secret-secure area where they could check on the agents.  I expected some type of 'Get Smart' (secret agent-y) type background music or something.

• Love 6

The case was average. It would have been a bit more interesting if the unsub had actually been an agent.

The best thing about it was Reid, who was strong, and luscious, and still just a bit vulnerable. I liked that JJ reached out to him after the kill, and that he reached back. As Normasm says, it still hits him harder than it hits the others. I liked that his eyes were on the ceiling, and not on his book, as he was 'reading' on the way home. Same with seeing JJ too rattled to do anything but eat junk food and stare.

I liked the pairing of JJ and Reid for much of the episode. Especially because they were the two involved in the takedown, I thought the episode served as sort of a rite of passage. With the anticipated leaving of a more senior member of the team, it looks like the two youngest are more than ready to step in. (Hint, hint---we don't need a Morgan replacement!)

As to Morgan and Savannah---- it was fine, until Morgan started getting beat up. I thought Shemar did a good job with that scene. If they give him something to do besides banter with Garcia or beat up unsubs, he actually rises to the occasion.

Nonetheless, I'm not looking forward to next week. I have no intention of watching a character I know be set up for a crucifixion, nor any other sort of torture. I won't mind watching the other characters' reactions (which, hopefully, will be more akin to what they were in Revelations to the non-reactions we saw in (the awful) 200), but I won't watch a full episode of what I saw in the promo. Just that little bit made me ill.

• Love 5

Wow, that was a snooze. And next week looks even worse.

I thought it was interesting how they immediately assumed that it was a 'rogue' FBI agent and started checking through the personnel files.  That would definitely be a possibility, but I would think that their first thought would be that someone had some fake credentials and was impersonating an agent.  Which is what happened, of course, except the credentials were stolen. However, it didn't seem like they even started looking for an impostor until they had accounted for all active agents.

I was surprised they assumed that the credentials were so amazing that it could only be an FBI agent. You could photoshop some shit off a cop show and print it out in Kinko's - and most people wouldn't know the difference. Who generally knows how to tell a fake set from real other than an agent? There are police impostors who manage to pull people over convincingly and you need more than a suit and an ID card to manage that.

• Love 2

As for the "assuming" it was an FBI agent gone rogue right off the bat, I didn't have a problem with that. I would expect topflight professionals who are pointed toward "one of their own" being dirty would move as swiftly as possible to prove or disprove it. They would, I think, have the same reaction as Rossi and go after the possibility as ferociously as possible, because they would be hoping against hope that it wouldn't be true. If it turned out to be true, they would want to be the ones to run the rogue to ground to prove they weren't protecting him. Just my 2¢

• Love 4

I wasn't at all impressed by this episode. Shame on you, Jim Clemente. For someone who actually was a member of the BAU, you'd think he could come up with some more believable and interesting cases. And, of course, the unsub had to have a history of abuse so we could sympathize with him instead of seeing him as an evil killer. 

The Morgan/Savannah stuff was predictable. Not sure why these thugs were after him or what they're going to do, but unlike an episode like Revelations with Reid, this just makes me feel manipulated here. They're trying to create a sympathetic situation for Morgan but it feels forced. 

• Love 3

Can't even muster the energy to comment much further beyond that I agree with a lot of the sentiment here. I did appreciate Reid and JJ's pairing in this (although it irks me to no end when she says, "It's time to deliver the profile." Did Hotch say she could do that??).

Appreciated Reid who was indeed quite divine. I didn't know whether to laugh or say, "Awww," when he pulled the trigger with his eyes closed -- must have been pretty sure of his aim. I'm thinking that was a reaction and not in the script. I also liked the little reassuring touches he and JJ gave each other after the Unsub was "secured." And as JMO said, the way he and JJ were sort of off in their own worlds on the plane home was well-done. Subtle. I liked that.

OK, how long have Savannah and Morgan been a couple? Bc when your man, who has surely told you some things about his job, is on the phone with you and suddenly starts yelling for you to call Hotch, hang up and call Hotch. Can't you hear the sounds of fists hitting flesh? What's so hard about that? Details can come later.

As for next week... It did look like Reid's lovely fist punching Derek's photo on what appeared to be the FBI memorial wall. Which says to me that Derek's exit won't be a death, if he's already up on the wall -- they'll think he is dead but he won't be; just my prediction. Now, why does that sound familiar? I think it frankly looks like it's going to be gross but I'll watch bc of Danny Glover and potential good Reid. Fearing a bit of over-acting on SM's part, though, based on what I saw. This isn't me complaining about the episode before it airs; I'm just commenting on the preview that was shown. If I need to move this to the speculation thread, I will.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 7

Matthew, who is quite a practiced shooter IRL, seems to always close his eyes at the last second when shooting. Look at the kill in It Takes A Village, same thing: aim, squeeze the trigger twice and close eyes. LOL

• Love 3

Droogs, I slowed down the fist punching into the pic of Morgan, and it looked like Morgan's muscular arm and slightly darker skin. So I think all that stuff is part of his manly struggle against all those bad, bad men who mean him harm ("Please, Let me Live My Life!!!")

Oh, and I do think they're drugging him, I think they say to him "You want another hit?" OK, maybe this does belong in the spec thread

• Love 3

I don't mind if she is pregnant, but could it be possible the ice-cream thing was just put in so Derek would have a reason to go to the store and get 'attacked'? Ice-creams also considered a 'comfort food' so maybe the thing she needed to talk about at the start of the episode was negative. I wonder if the group had anything to do with her job or past. 

I took the ice-cream as the writers telegraphing that Savannah is pregnant without saying so explicitly - she had a craving for ice-cream. If I'm remembering correctly, she even asked for a specific flavour?

• Love 2
OK, how long have Savannah and Morgan been a couple? Bc when your man, who has surely told you some things about his job, is on the phone with you and suddenly starts yelling for you to call Hotch, hang up and call Hotch. Can't you hear the sounds of fists hitting flesh? What's so hard about that? Details can come later.

Exactly. Even if she didn't grasp the cry for help when he first uttered it, the repetition should have tipped her off. 

• Love 5

Can't even muster the energy to comment much further beyond that I agree with a lot of the sentiment here. I did appreciate Reid and JJ's pairing in this (although it irks me to no end when she says, "It's time to deliver the profile." Did Hotch say she could do that??).

Appreciated Reid who was indeed quite divine. I didn't know whether to laugh or say, "Awww," when he pulled the trigger with his eyes closed -- must have been pretty sure of his aim. I'm thinking that was a reaction and not in the script. I also liked the little reassuring touches he and JJ gave each other after the Unsub was "secured." And as JMO said, the way he and JJ were sort of off in their own worlds on the plane home was well-done. Subtle. I liked that.

As for next week... It did look like Reid's lovely fist punching Derek's photo on what appeared to be the FBI memorial wall. Which says to me that Derek's exit won't be a death, if he's already up on the wall -- they'll think he is dead but he won't be; just my prediction. Now, why does that sound familiar? I think it frankly looks like it's going to be gross but I'll watch bc of Danny Glover and potential good Reid. Fearing a bit of over-acting on SM's part, though, based on what I saw. This isn't me complaining about the episode before it airs; I'm just commenting on the preview that was shown. If I need to move this to the speculation thread, I will.

I was yelling at the TV when JJ said, "It's time to deliver the profile." Not your call, JJ. Shut up! 

I also can't believe that someone in Savannah's profession who should be composed during emergency, wouldn't have called Hotch immediately when Morgan asked her to. But I blame the writers for that. I blame the writers, and Erica, for everything that is wrong with CM these days. Don't they realize that the more they show us the unsub, the less we care about him/her? I am sl close to being done with this show, not because Morgan is leaving  but because I'm sick and tired of waiting for a decent episode. You can count the number of good episodes the last couple of years on one hand. 

• Love 4

I was yelling at the TV when JJ said, "It's time to deliver the profile." Not your call, JJ. Shut up! 

I also can't believe that someone in Savannah's profession who should be composed during emergency, wouldn't have called Hotch immediately when Morgan asked her to. But I blame the writers for that. I blame the writers, and Erica, for everything that is wrong with CM these days. Don't they realize that the more they show us the unsub, the less we care about him/her? I am sl close to being done with this show, not because Morgan is leaving  but because I'm sick and tired of waiting for a decent episode. You can count the number of good episodes the last couple of years on one hand. 

I don't think they care. The ratings are holding up and by aiming at the lowest common denominator they have plenty of rah rah fans who are happy with the change in direction to an action/soap and who wouldn't like more intelligently written stories. At this point the best we can hope for is a couple of decent episodes a season. I am quite certain that Morgan's arc will be over-the-top, over-acted by a couple cast members at least and will be something we have seen in the lower levels of fanfiction.

• Love 3

Well, even Reid has said "It's time to deliver the profile," at least twice that I know of. Prentiss said it many times. Heck JLH said it when her (forgotten) character was on there...

Edited by normasm
  • Love 1

I don't think they care. The ratings are holding up and by aiming at the lowest common denominator they have plenty of rah rah fans who are happy with the change in direction to an action/soap and who wouldn't like more intelligently written stories. At this point the best we can hope for is a couple of decent episodes a season. I am quite certain that Morgan's arc will be over-the-top, over-acted by a couple cast members at least and will be something we have seen in the lower levels of fanfiction.

Amen! I just going to add one thing. I hate TG is directing crappy scritps, he is good enough when the script is ok, but I don't think he can make this shine, well I don't think anyone can...

and I am taking advantage of your line about fanfiction here. Wouldn't be surprising if Morgan's parents were Russian spies and they made a crossover with The americans, I totally see The Morgans having bussiness with Elizabeth Jennings and Gregory xD xD xD sorry, I could help myself xD

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

Well I finally got to watch this episode.Now despite the fact it didn't exactly leave me on the edge of my sit I actually found myself liking it better than I thought I would. And I think one of the reasons was that despite having seen the unsub early on I do feel that Jim showed a lot more restraint when it came to the screen time for his unsub. In other words I didn't feel as if I was watching the unsub show like I have with so many other episodes.

Also I don't think I will ever be okay with the pairing of Reid and JJ. I much rather see him paired with just about anyone else.Still though I did find them a bit more tolerable than I thought I would.And I am pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that Reid wasn't being dumbed down to make her look good nor was JJ treating him like he was beneath her. I also loved the fact that Reid got to take the kill shot. And I did appreciate JJ's gesture toward him afterwards.It was one of those times where you felt the scene spoke to you loud and clear despite the lack of dialogue.

And finally, Can I just say that I was a bit disappointed by the way the camera seemed to pan over Reid lying there in all of his lusciousness way too quickly for my liking.I mean come on already. When you have a thing of beauty such as that doesn't it make sense to let the camera linger on it for a moment or two.

• Love 3

I think it's Derek who is punching his own photo

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

I slowed it down. The skin tone is darker than Matthew's pale alabaster. It's definitely Shemar's own fist. I'm wondering if he isn't having an out of body experience here, if not at least a pulling back from deathbed dream sequence kinda thing.

Frankly, i think the fist punching would have been out of character for Reid anyway. 

• Love 4

I slowed it down. The skin tone is darker than Matthew's pale alabaster. It's definitely Shemar's own fist. I'm wondering if he isn't having an out of body experience here, if not at least a pulling back from deathbed dream sequence kinda thing.

Frankly, i think the fist punching would have been out of character for Reid anyway.

I think Reid punching the photo would've been absolutely in character, and now I'm disappointed at the fact that it's probably not him. After all the losses Reid has suffered, and because it is basically canon that Morgan is his very best friend, it makes perfect sense (to me) that Reid would be out of his mind with grief and anger at the idea that Morgan was dead.

But I very nearly got distracted from the entire idea at your mention of his alabaster skin. My, my, my.

• Love 5

Too  much focus on the unsub and his cheesy tattoo, which looked like it was done with a faded Sharpie. And speaking of being cheap, I laughed out loud and rolled my eyes when his photo was removed after it had been taped on. I was thinking, "Laminate that thing, eesh!"

And I have no doubt, Savannah's hankering for ice cream is due to a unforeseen pregnancy because ladies can't have a craving without being heavy with child. And you would think a lady as smart and sharp as Savannah would call Hotch as soon as Derek screamed about calling Hotch, but instead they made her look completely foolish.

One plus? Spencer (and his alabaster skin) looked mighty fetching in that pretty purple scarf. Various shades of purple really suit Matthew's coloring. Personally, I would want a scarf like that in emerald green.

Next week looks like "200 2: Electric Boogaloo" this time with a guy instead of girl because #equalopportunityrocks! I am so sick of this lack of creativity and original thinking amongst Erica MESSer and her collection of typing monkeys. And for this to happen on my birthday is an extra slap on my rosy cheeks. Excuse me while I rock back and forth while crying in angst.

However, I believe my fellow PTV-CM unit know what to do to make me feel better.

Well, perhaps I'm getting a belated b-day present because on March 7th, ION is going to air "Mr. Scatch

."http://www.iontelevision.com/schedule/2016-03-07

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 4

I wish there was some way I could send you a birthday present BookieJ..... I'm thinking 'the director's commentary version of Mr Scratch' would be just perfect. 

what a beautiful gift! I am feeling like moving my birthday date to next week too ;D

Too  much focus on the unsub and his cheesy tattoo, which looked like it was done with a faded Sharpie. And speaking of being cheap, I laughed out loud and rolled my eyes when his photo was removed after it had been taped on. I was thinking, "Laminate that thing, eesh!"

And I have no doubt, Savannah's hankering for ice cream is due to a unforeseen pregnancy because ladies can't have a craving without being heavy with child. And you would think a lady as smart and sharp as Savannah would call Hotch as soon as Derek screamed about calling Hotch, but instead they made her look completely foolish.

Next week looks like "200 2: Electric Boogaloo" this time with a guy instead of girl because #equalopportunityrocks! I am so sick of this lack of creativity and original thinking amongst Erica MESSer and her collection of typing monkeys. And for this to happen on my birthday is an extra slap on my rosy cheeks. Excuse me while I rock back and forth while crying in angst.

However, I believe my fellow PTV-CM unit know what to do to make me feel better.

Well, perhaps I'm getting a belated b-day present because on March 7th, ION is going to air "Mr. Scatch

hahaha great speech Bookish, I love it!

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1

I wish there was some way I could send you a birthday present BookieJ..... I'm thinking 'the director's commentary version of Mr Scratch' would be just perfect. 

Well, I certainly wouldn't complain about that arriving in mailbox; beats the junk mail I get.

• Love 3

What?! No freakin way! Mr. Scratch, finally?

Plus, your birthday falls on Happy Wednesday, My Nerds? Sweet

• Love 3

What?! No freakin way! Mr. Scratch, finally?

Plus, your birthday falls on Happy Wednesday, My Nerds? Sweet

Now that you mention it, perhaps because it is my birthday I will refrain from posting a "Happy Wednesday, My Nerds!" meme and as a lovely b-day gesture maybe my fellow CM-PTVers could post their very own "Happy Wednesday, My Nerds" memes and witticisms as a birthday present to me. Extra credit if they are Dr. Spencer Reid related.

Here's what I WILL do: Enjoy the characters I enjoy, for whatever reasons I enjoy them. I will also root for them to be on screen, and involved, whether or not they are on center stage. That will include being interested in their reactions to what happens to other characters.

Here's what I will NOT do: Participate in someone else's agenda.

• Love 8
(edited)

It will be interesting to see what Savannah has to say to Morgan.

I liked the story line, they had plenty of suspects with the FBI Agents, current and former. Also Agent Colfax did some computer work checking on retired agents. It wasn't Garcia and her magic computer that did all the work. They might not have caught (Danny from CSI:NY), Andrew Meeks if they hadn't found the dead ex Agent Miller that he took his badge. But then with his help with the ex cons,Meeks was tracked down. Also at first I thought don't show his face to soon, but if we later saw Meeks at a Bodega or something, when i saw who the actor was i would say, 'Oh I know him, he is the unsub." Reid shooting him shows his remorse at end, thought it was nice. Also JJ being his comforter is cool.

I thought the guy that pricked Derek looked like his twin. I know Savannah called Hotch.

It would have been interesting to see Danny play the bad guy opposite Mac Taylor's character on the new Criminal Minds spin-off.

Edited by webruce
  • Love 1