Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Training Wheels and Trick Saddles

MMLEsq
  • Start Topic

Judson turns five and gets a brand new bike for his birthday. He’s getting bigger but still needs some encouragement to take off the training wheels and hit the road. Erin heads to Nashville to record a Christmas album, but it takes time getting into a rhythm in the studio. Back at home Lawson, Nathan, and Trace get a visit from a couple of The Dixie Stampede trick riders and learn some tricks of their own.

Kind of a nothing episode, but I laughed at how unexposed these kids are -- even though I do like this family. Josie (Carlin? Tori?) said -- wow Erin is super mom, she just had a baby, is nursing him, and is recording a CD; I want to be like her!! Um -- plenty of women have babies, go back to work full time after 6 weeks and continue to nurse -- it isn't unheard of and it is slightly more challenging than spending 2 8 hr days (I'm assuming) in Nashville recording with your husband sitting on the couch with the baby and your sister and mom there for back up.

• Love 5

Why do the older boys always refer to themselves as cowboys? They always act all high and mighty when when they meet people who aren't used to their lifestyle of riding horses and being a "cowboy."

• Love 4

Why do the older boys always refer to themselves as cowboys? They always act all high and mighty when when they meet people who aren't used to their lifestyle of riding horses and being a "cowboy."

I haven't seen this epi yet, but I don't get it either. It's not like Eastern Tennessee is the only place in the US where people ride horses. Do they actually compete in things like roping and rodeo? Wrangling livestock is a whole different ball of wax than taking your pony out for a stroll wearing a fancy hat.

• Love 3

I definitely agree, BitterApple! These boys think they are cowboys because they wear cowboy hats and ride horses. And I also hate how they look down on people who live a city life. I guarantee that they could not handle city life and then people would be looking down on them, like they look down on others. 

• Love 6

I definitely agree, BitterApple! These boys think they are cowboys because they wear cowboy hats and ride horses. And I also hate how they look down on people who live a city life. I guarantee that they could not handle city life and then people would be looking down on them, like they look down on others.

Agree 100%. They like to fancy themselves as cowboys because they dress the part, but have no clue as to how much skill and hard work it takes to do that sort of job. Kind of like how Jill Duggar considers herself a midwife while the rest of us roll our eyes.

• Love 4

I agree they couldn't handle city life, they also couldn't handle real cowboy life. But its also no

different from Erin being a supermom. The supermom who had her husband, sister and mom

at the studio to take care of her baby while she was recording the album.

• Love 4

The guys also talked about being cowboys in the Wild West. I was all, "Dudes, you live in the freaking SOUTH!" Not to mention, they take on all the Confederate stuff too, which is incongruous with being a Wild West cowboy. 

This episode was all kinds of filler. Next up, re-decorating Michael's newlywed lovenest. 

• Love 1

I've seen a fan blog on Facebook and it mentioned that both Whitney and Erin were expecting their second babies this summer. Does anyone know the due dates? It seems a little early for Erin, considering what she had to go through with the shots she needed to take while she was pregnant.

They sure did look good riding those horses though!

They tried out a couple of tricks shown them, not bad.  But I still remember is their poor days when they had a couple of horses so skinny, malnourished, and doubtless horrible hooves, that I belief someone called an animal welfare group.  Those poor original animals looked like the walking dead.

I wonder if these are the same horses? Remember how fast TLC cut out the horses after the original airing of the old series? I remember Kelly claiming that they were rescues, but they were riding the poor things long before they could have been ready. 

I wonder if these are the same horses? Remember how fast TLC cut out the horses after the original airing of the old series? I remember Kelly claiming that they were rescues, but they were riding the poor things long before they could have been ready.

I was thinking the same thing about the horses. I thought it was funny when the girl stunt rider showed up In tight clothing -clingy scoop neck t-shirt & yoga pants if I remember correctly. Wonder what the guys thought of this? I don't know if they have a Nike type of word but know the time they went to the beach, they had to walk with their heads down so as not to get corrupted by people in their bathing suits. Edited by Barb23

I was thinking the same thing about the horses. I thought it was funny when the girl stunt rider showed up In tight clothing -clingy scoop neck t-shirt & yoga pants if I remember correctly. Wonder what the guys thought of this? I don't know if they have a Nike type of word but know the time they went to the beach, they had to walk with their heads down so as not to get corrupted by people in their bathing suits.

I bet Nathan was checking her out on the down-low. Nathan and Lawson wear some pretty tight jeans. I think it's hypocritical of them to act like bathing suits are "corrupting" them...lol!