Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E01: I'm A Mental Giant

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Wow, you guys must all be beautiful and surrounded by beautiful people.  I don't think she looks bad for essentially 50. 

I agree. Facially, she looks a bit rough, like she has had a lot of sun or tobacco.  But body-wise, she's thin and relatively fit-looking.  Her spastic energy also seems youngish to me.  Let me put it this way, she does not look matronly which is what I think ages many women.

Was it Catherine Deneuve who's credited with saying, "After 40 a woman has to choose between her ass and her face"?  I think Debbie is just really thin, which doesn't help our faces in middle age.  

And on the Survivor attractiveness meter, she's on the lowish end.  I mean, Kass was often considered dowdy and old but I thought she looked pretty good (and wasn't that old).  Some of the past 40+ females were just really genetically gifted, like Carolyn, Denise, Dawn, Lisa W. and Monica Culpepper, I think.  

If we are going to talk about looks maybe we should talk about the men.  NBA guy looks rough, more like a  murderer and ice cream man is so scraggly and homeless looking and they haven't even been there long.  None of the beauties are very good looking.  Caleb has the weirdest nose, I have no idea why people consider him good looking.  He has a nice physique,  if that's the style you like. 

I don't think there is any male eye candy. 

So on the clickbait - 8 things Darnell wants you to know was - that he announced he was going to the potty just so people didn't think he was out looking for idol and that Jason wanted him gone because he was voting out threats.  Which I'm not sure I'm buying. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1

So on the clickbait - 8 things Darnell wants you to know was - that he announced he was going to the potty just so people didn't think he was out looking for idol and that Jason wanted him gone because he was voting out threats.  Which I'm not sure I'm buying. 

That would be easier to believe if we hadn't all seen him drop trou and sit in the ocean in front of everyone - I never saw an idol hidden like that before :)

• Love 2

I've been pissed about this since I saw the cast leaked months ago. Not a single attractive man, how rude!

Darnell was the most visually attractive to me. But ciao!

Too many fuggly tattoos and not enough clothes.

Also the guy who thinks he is an Adonis? Can we have an expression "buttisface" like people say about women?

• Love 2

I actually feel sorry Alecia. She's obviously on the wrong tribe. Probst & Burnett had a cute blonde and needed to mix it up bit and said lets screw her and everyone else up. So she's on the Brawns Tribe?!? I didn't hear Probst assessment why she is on Brawn but I'm sure it's BS. That said, she might be so grateful to the other three who kept her that she might be in a good spot now.

She hasn't made the greatest impression on me so far, but I do agree that her tribe placement puts her in a tough spot. Her appearance isn't giving her any kind of advantage with that particular tribe (where it might have been helpful to her over on the beauty tribe, where the rather shallow personal trainer is). Especially considering the "beauty" tribe is a bit low on actually attractive people. 

I kept waiting for bartender Michele to make a big reveal that she had some kind of hearing loss, she sounded very much like Christy from the Amazon. 

She hasn't made the greatest impression on me so far, but I do agree that her tribe placement puts her in a tough spot. Her appearance isn't giving her any kind of advantage with that particular tribe (where it might have been helpful to her over on the beauty tribe, where the rather shallow personal trainer is). Especially considering the "beauty" tribe is a bit low on actually attractive people. 

I kept waiting for bartender Michele to make a big reveal that she had some kind of hearing loss, she sounded very much like Christy from the Amazon. 

I disagree with that as I find all 3 ladies on that tribe to be attractive, still though Alecia would have definitely been a better fit on that tribe.

(edited)

Nick the Looks Giant or whatever he called himself.  I am really unattracted to people with small heads.  It sounds really mean but I am.  And then he's really tall on top of it (right?) which makes it even worse.  It's not proportionate.  I actually like big heads (babies are adorable). Anyways this is all just a roundabout way of getting to my major point which is ew at Nick, and I can't.

What did Alecia say?  She said "I'm a mental giant (and then a couple of moments pass) I'm not a Puzzle Master."  Or Puzzle Wizard?  God, she sounds dumb.  I guess she was saying "Mental Giant" as a way to say she's mentally tough and will never break down?  I have never in my life heard the words Mental Giant as a euphemism for that type of person.  That would be like Endurance Giant or something. She also called herself a Master Manipulator.  She really likes describing herself in those kind of Adjective Nouns or whatever the right term is.  Like Crazy-Eyed Blondie or ......  Okay I don't have another name like that for someone who spells the name Alicia incorrectly.

Oh my gosh, her running tally of odd jobs (didn't see say "Caretaker for Nuns"???) is the only thing that makes me hope they keep her around.

I very honestly thought she said Caretaker of None.  I was like, okay being childless is a decision or lifestyle I respect but since when is that something one needs to brag about in this type of forum.

After reading about Caleb being a stalker.  Automatic turn off for life.  I don't think anything would make me like him.

But the minute he was caught looking for an idol it was like they had unmasked a serial killer.

It's so f***ing annoying, this attitude (of the others besides Tai).  I really hate it.  I would not be good on Survivor, oh no, I would be a whiny bitch who would spit "Who the fuck cares?" and stomp off to stew by myself.  LOL.  I'm so grumpy right now.  These mental un-giants. I hate a mob mentality, "Let's target him with sticks" groupthink and I would try my hardest not to join in on it and that would be my downfall. 

Is Debbie an actual person or an Andrea Martin character?

LOL, shut up.  I'm almost crying from laughing.

34 to me is pretty much middle-aged.

This was hard for me to read

Birth control pills are allowed I think, so if they get a 3-month supply they can go the entire time without a period.  This is a question I should ask one of the female survivors... Hmmmm..

Birth control pills totally eliminated all the pain I felt from periods, which to me was often overwhelming.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay