Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Kemper said:

This morning Joe was reliving the glory days of true Conservatism again. (Joe has "Conservative" and "Reagan" tourettes). Also the times of government financial responsibility. 

Regarding his father being mad when young men burned their draft cards? He didn't have to worry about getting drafted into the Vietnam War.  Remember when the nickname "Morning Douche" was used in this forum?  Now those were Glory Days. 

Someone should remind Joe how "trickle down economics" was a complete disaster. 

Morning Douche and Doucheborough will never get old. And will always apply. 

I don't know why Joe feels so comfortable touting all the shitty people and policies that have done nothing to help the average American.  

What is going on with all the tv actors being on the show. Not complaining, they've had some great people on.   Lisa Colon-Zayas on The Bear is amazing. Her episode in S3, "Napkins", is such a tribute to women who just want to work and are so tired of feeling like they have no worth. That two hander scene with her and Jon Bernthal ❤️.  Tina represents the kind of women that Mika should be celebrating with KYV.  Instead of her celebrity ass kissing. 

• Like 3

Instead of bombarding us every morning with all the batshit crazy things Trump says and long boring conversations about the Red Sox (which Joe calls ours and we) how about you guys spend a little more time on the positive Harris campaign. 

Do you hate to admit and are loathe to report that Democrats are excited and engaged 

Till Donny and Susan Glasser showed up I really thought that the MJ broken record was never going to stop playing 

Trump's disgusting bad Jew rhetoric should be so insulting to his daughter that it makes me think she is a JINO

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 8/14/2024 at 1:39 PM, millennium said:

No they won't.

👁️

Why? Would MSNBC cancel the show?

Joe is mad at Trump today for complaining about the high prices of groceries.

Joe said the stock market is at close to record highs & many American states have bigger economies than Third World countries.

Joe is mad at Trump for complaining about the military medal of honours.

• Like 3

I wouldn't count Steve Bannon or Kash Patel as anyone with one ounce of credibility. 

Not that Trump doesn't run his mouth about suing everyone. He was going to sue ABC a few weeks ago. 

What is he going to sue them for? Doing their jobs? They report on what he says, they point out when he's lying, they cover his trials. The lawyers for media outlets know how to keep on air personalities out of trouble. 

That story is from December.   Currently anything he doesn't like is "unconstitutional".  It was his catchphrase until he discovered No Way/Way this week. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Is Trump ready to deal with the wrath of a 6 am rant by Joe Scarborough ?

Depends on how thick the walls of the cell are.

(I just realized my reply could go both ways depending on the outcome of the election.)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

I wouldn't count Steve Bannon or Kash Patel as anyone with one ounce of credibility. 

Not that Trump doesn't run his mouth about suing everyone. He was going to sue ABC a few weeks ago. 

What is he going to sue them for? Doing their jobs? They report on what he says, they point out when he's lying, they cover his trials. The lawyers for media outlets know how to keep on air personalities out of trouble. 

That story is from December.   Currently anything he doesn't like is "unconstitutional".  It was his catchphrase until he discovered No Way/Way this week. 

While I would never accuse Trump and his ilk of credibility, they implemented the "crooked radical media" angle throughout Trump's presidency and will continue to do so when they fight election results if they lose. Not only has it worked on people dumb enough to believe it, but the networks seem to have zero issue providing Trump with free airtime to call them liars whilst he himself lies. 

Trump was used to change the Supreme Court and he'll be used to change the way media operates. Project 2025 has specific plans for this.

• Like 2

I was watching a bit of Morning Joe Weekend (aka How much more of these two is MSNBC going to inflict on viewers) and Joe was talking to a writer for The Atlantic about how the 1968 Democratic Convention made his parents change parties and become Republicans. 

What Joe seems to forget is, even without the evidence that was brought to light later that it was the police who started the violence with the crowds, it wasn't the Democratic Party leaders who were protesting, it was young people and others protesting the war.  Hubert Humphrey wasn't burning flags or his draft card. 

It's like how he will not admit that altho some protesters of the Israeli/Hamas war have harassed Jewish students, etc. it's the police that start the violence and get away with it.   I'm starting to think Joe would side with the British regarding the Boston Tea Party.  "Those punks are just causing the cost of tea to go up!". 

I don't understand why Joe thinks his parents' complete misunderstanding of the events that led to the protests and to the election of Nixon is something to be proud of, and what made him be a Republican.  It's amazing that what he is proud of is all the shitty things the Republican Party has done.  Nixon, Gingrich, Reagan, Margaret Thatcher.. JFC Joe. It's okay to admit you are aligning yourself with some of the worst people in politics. 

Oh that's right I keep forgetting, you're NEVER wrong. 

• Like 3
On 8/16/2024 at 7:54 PM, millennium said:

Depends on how thick the walls of the cell are.

(I just realized my reply could go both ways depending on the outcome of the election.)

Would Trump have Joe arrested?

• Fire 2

One (of many things) that irks me about Joe is his thinking he has a deep knowledge of history. 

1968 was a year unlike any other. An unpopular war, the assassination of RFK (and Martin Luther King Jr) and the Democratic party that did not unite under Hubert Humphrey when LBJ dropped out 

• Like 7

"Oh that's right I keep forgetting, you're NEVER wrong. "

That's what I find so hilarious about Joe. He gets on his soapbox and rants about various politicians or issues, then switches positions and pretends that viewers don't remember what he said a few weeks ago.

He is now routinely mocked on Twitter for his speech in March that "This version of Joe Biden is the best Biden ever"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Honestly I couldn't get thru Joe's song so I can't comment on it.

But JC Mika. You think Joe is some kind of musical genius. I'm not going to rattle off who I think is a (starting with Mozart) but my younger daughter has neither mom or dad with any music background like Joe yet she started playing violin at age 5, taught herself to play bass guitar, guitar and since she was in highschool has continued to be in orchestras and bands.

I almost thought she was going to say Joe's going to be performing at the DNC this week 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Having sporadically muting the first hour this morning Claire shows up to finally question Trump's "policies" that everyone espouses but no one ever questions. 

Thank you Claire 👏

• Like 3
(edited)

I wondered if any of you had seen the "music video". I saw it on Mika's IG. All I could make out is Jesus something something.  

Did Joe kidnap that choir from the church down the street? How in God's name (pardon the pun) did he get these poor people to be involved in that  nonsense. I guess money talks louder than bullshit. 

Mika's in NYC? Oh goodie maybe we'll get to see her in the daughter's "divorced dad" apartment. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, tres bien said:

Honestly I couldn't get thru Joe's song so I can't comment on it.

But JC Mika. You think Joe is some kind of musical genius. I'm not going to rattle off who I think is a (starting with Mozart) but my younger daughter has neither mom or dad with any music background like Joe yet she started playing violin at age 5, taught herself to play bass guitar, guitar and since she was in highschool has continued to be in orchestras and bands.

I almost thoug ht she was going to say Joe's going to be performing at the DNC this week 🤣🤣🤣

If Joe is "so private" about his music, why are we subjected to these music videos?  Does Joe perform at his church every week?  I bet he's been trying to get the pastor to start one of those Guitar Worship deals with his garage band. Mika could get up on the pulpit and dance for Jesus. 

If the DNC booked Joe to perform, I guarantee that sound you hear across the country is people yelling "WTF is this? " as they change the channel or get up to go to the kitchen or bathroom.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, SeanBug said:

If Joe is "so private" about his music, why are we subjected to these music videos?  Does Joe perform at his church every week?  I bet he's been trying to get the pastor to start one of those Guitar Worship deals with his garage band. Mika could get up on the pulpit and dance for Jesus. 

If the DNC booked Joe to perform, I guarantee that sound you hear across the country is people yelling "WTF is this? " as they change the channel or get up to go to the kitchen or bathroom.  

Joe did try and produce a show called "Trump the Musical" in the summer of 2016. It was a list of songs which were about a possible Trump Presidency. I think Trump threatened to sue Joe or Joe decided to be friendly with Trump again in the fall of 2016. The musical never wen through but Mika & Joe did produce a video in 2017 about Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

Mika & Joe agreed to travel to NY to be on set with Willie, Donny & Anand.

Joe loved Biden's speech but it was late at night.

Joe is happy that Democrats are becoming more patriotic.

Joe is mad at Trump for being a Debbie Downer about crime & immigration.

Joe said the economy is doing well, especially for cable news hosts.

• LOL 3

Joe is happy that the Democrats are becoming more patriotic? Hold my beer you sanctimonious jackass.

i flipped it on to see Meeka, Joe and someone else sitting together at a round table. Anand/Adnan (sorry, I love him but cannot remember how his name is spelled) was sitting with vacant chairs on each side. I hope he got a chance to speak. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

Joe is happy that the Democrats are becoming more patriotic? Hold my beer you sanctimonious jackass.

i flipped it on to see Meeka, Joe and someone else sitting together at a round table. Anand/Adnan (sorry, I love him but cannot remember how his name is spelled) was sitting with vacant chairs on each side. I hope he got a chance to speak. 

Joe is such a schmuck.  People who want to protect democracy, and use their rights to protest and disrupt the status quo to make changes for the positive are the definition of patriotic.  People who want ALL Americans to do well, not just the white Christians that Joe's party represents.  I noticed he kept saying "when I was a Republican" this morning. 

Joe you are still a Republican. You get in a verbal ass kissing of Ronald Reagan every chance you get.  Fuck off with your left handed compliments. We don't need them. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Definitely not my wheelhouse but to the men talking with Trymaine Lee please for the love of God don't vote for Trump or stay home.

A never Trumper recently said your vote is not your own. Your vote is for all of us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe was excited that the roll call for Democrats had Lil John & other rappers.

The Republicans were boring and just read out the votes.

LOL Joe's so out of touch he doesn't even know it. I'm sure he's a huge fan of rappers 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2

Joe said he went to law school with people who were afraid of Obama becoming President.

Joe said people aren't afraid of Kamala's race anymore.

Joe said people used to worry about black kids in Cheerios commercials.

Joe said Tom Brokaw's daughters were not afraid of Obama becoming President.

Joe said he warned Elon Musk about buying Twitter for $44 Billion. The banks are having trouble offloading the debt.

Willie said banks had a blind trust in Elon.

• Like 4

Joe said Trump shouldn't talk about immigration during the debate. Kamala will sign the border security bill that Trump killed. '

Willie said Kamala is winning the vibes debate.

Mika supports blended families.

• Like 2

Joe said it is important to invest in the ground game. Trump is outsourcing the ground game operations to third parties. Joe said Trump's policy is foolish.

Eddie Glaude thanked Joe for his wisdom on the ground game.

• LOL 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he went to law school with people who were afraid of Obama becoming President.

Joe said people aren't afraid of Kamala's race anymore.

Joe said people used to worry about black kids in Cheerios commercials.

Joe said Tom Brokaw's daughters were not afraid of Obama becoming President.

Joe said he warned Elon Musk about buying Twitter for $44 Billion. The banks are having trouble offloading the debt.

Joe seems to attract a certain kind of friend. And the "warning" he gave to Elon Musk? He (Joe) is starting to sound like he is unwittingly making stuff up. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe seems to attract a certain kind of friend. And the "warning" he gave to Elon Musk? He (Joe) is starting to sound like he is unwittingly making stuff up. 

Joe is the Forrest Gump of Cable News. He is always around famous people & giving them advice. Amazingly, he has dinner with Trump supporters regularly.

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Heilmann said that Michelle Obama gave the best speech last night.

Mika said Michelle would be welcomed at the next KYV event.

Oh for God's sake. Mika has such an overblown ego 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is the Forrest Gump of Cable News. He is always around famous people & giving them advice. Amazingly, he has dinner with Trump supporters regularly.

If John Krasinski makes a  sequel to IF (Imaginary Friends), it could be based on Joe's never ending blabbering about the people who inhabit the world of his psychotic imagination. 

If I had friends who were afraid of Barack Obama for any reason, I'd find new friends .

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 6

I turned on MJ just to see some of Harris' acceptance speech. 

Then, right on time, Joe starts comparing the Democratic National Convention, to Reagan's bs "morning in America" and Reagan's joy and how happy everyone was. (if they were white). You know, until Reagan's policies wreaked havoc on our economy, set up the battle between the wealthy and the non wealthy, broke up unions, ignored a national health crisis, and was basically a shit show. 

And if you start in on this Democrats are "finally" patriotic bullshit,  I swear to God I will walk to Florida and drop a steaming bag of patriotism on your front porch 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Mika & Joe are off today. Lemire & Katty Kay are filling in. Katty looks great!

David "I forgot my comb: Ignatious is on. Trump can't handle Harris. His insults aren't working. The camera loves Kamala. I think he has a tv crush on her.

Katty has polling PTSD. She is worried that the polls underestimate Trump's support.

• Like 1

I do enjoy the conversation without the interrupting, yelling and eye rolling of the Scarboroughs. 

McMaster is a weasel.  "I'm not warning, I'm informing". Give me a break. Does he think disrupting foreign policy with insane ideas is good?  Bush and Obama were too easy on Putin, that's a given. But Trump?  There's going easy on Putin to try to work out compromises, and there is blatant ass kissing to keep the money flowing from Russian oligarchs and the troll farms operating to keep US in turmoil. 

Sending in the military to stop protestors from vandalizing property is against Posse Comitatus Act, General. So you're cool with breaking federal law? Good to know. 

• Like 6

I got the feeling the panel was surprised at how that interview went down. 

They were expecting another "He's unfit for any office, he destroyed our relationships with allies and insults the military, oh and FYI, he's nuts", and they got "well you know, I don't want to say anything bad, I'm just telling fun stories about the sociopath that ran the Country for four years. 

You could tell with the "hey wait a minute..." questions that came up after McMasters' initial statements. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

I got the feeling the panel was surprised at how that interview went down. 

They were expecting another "He's unfit for any office, he destroyed our relationships with allies and insults the military, oh and FYI, he's nuts", and they got "well you know, I don't want to say anything bad, I'm just telling fun stories about the sociopath that ran the Country for four years. 

You could tell with the "hey wait a minute..." questions that came up after McMasters' initial statements. 

He might be keeping his options open if Trump is re-elected.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, tres bien said:

Why are people like McMaster willing to write tell all books then invited on cable news shows to sound the alarm then crawl back under their rocks

McMasters was never a hero in that regard.

I HATE these vacation weeks!  Not just MJ, but Nicole Wallace is out and Chris Hayes, too.   And the replacements!  Aaargh!  Can't stand Catty Cay (her name sounds like a vacation destination in the Bahamas).   And on the other shows, Alicia Mendez, Symone Sanders, Al Sharpton, Michael "hahahaha" Steele -- serenity now!

• Like 3

I don't like Catty either. I miss Nicole, Chris and Stephanie. Actually I was skeptical of Alicia, but a while back I changed and now think she's pretty good. Symone just seems like she's in a bit over her head and she, Steele, and Sharpton just are not interesting. I've started watching CNN's lineup of Kaitlan Collins and Abby Phillip (9:00 and 10:00) as well. Actually more interesting than Chris Hayes (except for when Trump legal affairs are the story) because they get guests with opposing views and back and forths happen. MSNBC used to do this at times but not any more.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pike Ludwell said:

Symone just seems like she's in a bit over her head and she, Steele, and Sharpton just are not interesting.

One would think that with the stable of news reporters working for NBC news, MSNBC could find someone better suited to the task than Sharpton, Steele and Sanders.   As far as I know, none of them are career journalists or trained as news anchors.   Imagine you majored in communications, you're an NBC reporter  and have aspirations to host a show, but you never get a shot because the guest-hosting opportunities are being given to political hacks.   The only sub I actually like is Katie Phang.

• Like 3