Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe spoke to Biden this week. He was cogent.

Good grief, is this the best that Joe could do?  Talk about damning with faint praise.  I would actually rather have obnoxious, pushy, full-of-himself, self-righteous Joe than the one who backpedals and backs off. Either due to network demands or the demands of his too-close-to-the-story wife. Just because.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe started drinking iced tea on the show.  I started drinking wine while listening to his monologue.

Ha!

And Scarborough prefaced the iced tea with this weirdness:

"One day I will have to stop drinking sweet tea.  Today is not that day."

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I would actually rather have obnoxious, pushy, full-of-himself, self-righteous Joe than the one who backpedals and backs off.

I've been watching this show on and off for awhile now, maybe 7 or 8 years.   I have never seen him do such a complete about-face. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MMEButterfly said:

Literally we cannot write the name of the former President? I don't get it. 

I think that was in the past, by edict of a moderator who is no longer here.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Yep. I had heard he was running and saw a story about his background. 

Considering the little most Americans know about the US gov't and political system, economy, foreign policy, etc. , I am sure very few people outside those who follow British politics know anything about him. But he has been around for years. And he comes from very middle class roots. His wife is a nurse in the NHS. 

At this point, anyone with a pulse in the Labour Party would have done better than the Tories. 

Yep. My point was so  what Joe flubbed Keir Starmer's name.  How many Americans know how many Supreme Court Judges there are let alone their names

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Yep. My point was so  what Joe flubbed Keir Starmer's name.  How many Americans know how many Supreme Court Judges there are let alone their names

Supreme Court judges? No way. But American Idol or The Voice? Most def. 

And Keir Simmons would be an acceptable flub. He's an NBC UK reporter.  That name would come to him. 

• Like 2
On 7/4/2024 at 1:41 PM, Crashcourse said:

This comment is not fair or accurate and is, frankly, offensive because many/most of us do mind.  Please do not generalize.

This comment is an observation. You are not required to like it, but it fairly states what I see from another country. May I say that I sure wish I heard from the many/most of you that do. I find the lack of coverage of what you think and plan to do about Trump the scariest thing of all.

On 7/4/2024 at 5:48 AM, SeanBug said:

What you're saying is exactly what Mika has said all along.  I know our existing biases toward Mika's cry talking and outbursts can color how we feel about most everything she says, but I need more than the debate to believe Joe Biden is unfit to run.  What if his behavior is the result of exhaustion and taking cold medication?  Being hoarse from constant debate practice?  And I believe I said earlier, the shit Trump was saying, the lies, I know at times my mouth was agape at the utter insanity of his statements. 

I'm ten years younger than Biden and there are times esp at work when I'm tired and my body and brain just shut down for a few minutes.  And I see it happen to people half my age. 

Of course the media and other DC insiders are circling like a bunch of vultures.  Has anyone noticed how the media has basically given Trump a pass on everything he does?  Pull up a video of Trump at a recent rally and tell me honestly it's not the sign of a complete mental breakdown.  And physically? Give me a break.  He stumbles, he looks like he has no idea where he is, he can't complete a sentence without veering off on some completely unrelated subject. 

Where is the utter outrage at what the Supreme Court is doing? Other than on MSNBC, I don't see a lot of hair on fire opinions on Trump claiming he didn't sleep with Stormy Daniels, or the Courts making up laws, but by God Joe Biden didn't act like a 40 year old triathlete and the world is ending.

I wish I could like, love, applaud, repeat this comment a thousand times.

• Like 1
On 7/4/2024 at 3:41 PM, Crashcourse said:

This comment is not fair or accurate and is, frankly, offensive because many/most of us do mind.  Please do not generalize.

This 💯

Most of us on this board are fully engaged voters who do care about our country and our democracy

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, shok said:

This comment is an observation. You are not required to like it, but it fairly states what I see from another country. May I say that I sure wish I heard from the many/most of you that do. I find the lack of coverage of what you think and plan to do about Trump the scariest thing of all.

I'm assuming that you're familiar with this process.  It's called VOTiNG!

And maybe focus on your own country as well?

• Like 2
(edited)

I love history. I love Doris Kearns Goodwin. But I don't like the comparisons between Joe Biden and FDR for several reasons.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 1

Unless I missed something, there are no guests so far this morning opposing Joe and Mika, except that British guy sort of did. Also, the arguments being asserted seem lame. "It's a matter of Biden getting syntax wrong" (iow, don't believe your lying eyes), "it's elites versus the base", "elites who have never liked Biden are trying to substitute their opinions for the votes of millions in the primaries". That last one seems especially ridiculous, for obvious reasons. Maybe it is best Biden remains, but keep the arguments real and let's have opposing views.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Pike Ludwell said:

Maybe it is best Biden remains, but keep the arguments real and let's have opposing views.

There were opposing views, but then Mika put a big pod next to Scarborough's side of the bed.

He is so strident, so all in, for Biden sticking it out now that it's coming off as weird.

Speaking of weird, did anyone catch that voice Scarborough kept doing when mimicking the media naysayers?   It sounded familiar but it took me a moment or two to place it.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, millennium said:

He is so strident, so all in, for Biden sticking it out now that it's coming off as weird.

I bet he thinks he transitioned so smoothly nobody noticed. LOL

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 2

Joe is mad that Trump is not making appearances. He's not giving any material for Joe to mock.

Joe said Biden is gaining ground with Independent voters. The Sienna poll shows Biden trailing by 6 points. Joe forgot that Biden barely won the Electoral College with a 4-point lead in the national vote.

Joe blamed the media for promoting the red wave in 2022.

Joe blamed the media for promoting Le Pen.

Joe forgot that Macron's party &  the Front Populaire dropped out of districts where they were in 3rd place. It allowed them to compete directly with the right-wing RN party. The two-party alliance was very successful at winning districts.

Joe quoted himself for saying that Biden deserves time to take a few days to decide his future.

Joe quoted his Twitter post. Biden can fight media elites & Billionaire Donors & Ari Emmanel.

Ari Emmanuel is Joe's agent !

Joe should fire his agent:)

Joe's flip-flopping  on Biden is remarkable even by his standards,

• Like 3

Heilmann said Pelosi, Schumer & Clyburn could convince Biden to drop out.

Joe said anecdotal evidence of people mad that they voted for Biden in the primary want him to stay.

Joe said he vacationed with his kids and people told Joe to leave Biden alone.

Joe said the Congressional Black Caucus supports Biden.

Joe said Harris won't do better than Biden in Michigan,Wisconsin or Pennsylvania.

• Like 2

Joe was excited about the Morning Consult poll. Biden is leading in Michigan & Wisconsin.

He is trailing Trump by 7 points in Pennsylvania.

Strangely, Trump would have a smaller lead in Georgia & North Carolina than Pennsylvania

• Like 1

Mika was upset that the media didn't focus on Trump's lies at the debate. Mika wants Trump to step down.

Mika & Joe value their access to the Biden family. Mika could get an exclusive interview with Dr Jill & Joe could get invited to the White House for dinner.

Joe complained about the NY Times Syntax blog.

Joe is using his Southern accent to make fun of mainstream media reporters.

Joe started shouting about the WSJ. Joe said Trump has poor syntax.

Joe complained about wordle.

• Mind Blown 1

Joe congratulated the Morning Joe audience that has post-graduate degrees. He complained about Cheetos eating critics who live in their basement.

Joe is mad at Biden's critics in Congress. Don't listen to Mark Wagner.

• LOL 1

Joe blasted the Obama people who mocked Biden for running for President.

Joe complained about David Axelrod for criticizing Biden.

Joe is mad at PodCasters who complain about Biden.

It's up to Schumer, Pelosi, & Jeffries to tell Biden to go.

Joe was happy that Senator Fetterman supported Biden. Joe forgot that he advocated that Fetterman quit the race in 2022 after he had a poor debate. He was recovering from a stroke.

• Like 1

There are clips of Trump selling bibles & Rudy Guiliani selling his brand of coffee.

Joe compared Lindsay Graham to Oral Robarts.

Heilman called Mika & Joe a magical couple. Mika was stunned.

• LOL 2

Mika couldn't understand why people bought Trump NFT's.

There has been  no mention of Biden's interview with Stephanopoulos as of 7:10 est

• Like 1

Joe said he is a poor country lawyer. His inbox is swamped with elites.

Vanderhei said that Democrats in swing districts are worried about Biden.

Vanderhei said the base is complaining, but Joe said the opposite is happening.

Vanderhei criticized Joe's talking points. It's not just the elite media.

Jonathan Martin said Biden will try to rerun the 2019 -2020 race. He's backed into a corner.

The Congressional Black Caucus is key to supporting Biden.

• Like 1

Joe admitted that Biden has some type of medical condition at some stage.

Mika said Biden might have age-related issues.

They are not curious about what the condition is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

It's interesting that when Biden called in he emphasized the same new, weak talking points Scarborough had been making. As to the "elites". And how they are trying to overturn the votes of millions of primary voters. I wonder who got the talking points from who.

• Like 2

Heilmann said Biden has to do more press conferences

Just now, Pike Ludwell said:

It's interesting that when Biden called in he emphasized the same new, weak talking points Scarborough had been making. As to the "elites". And how they are trying to overturn the votes of millions of primary voters. I wonder who got the talking points from who.

Scarborough is one of Biden's closest advisors. I bet he suggested calling into the show like Trump did in 2016.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

CBC chair Joyce Beatty stands with Biden! She supports Harris as well.

Joe said Biden trusts the CBC & the Hispanic caucus more than Hollywood Moguls.

• Like 1

Doris Goodwin compared Biden to FDR. FDR gave more speeches to crowds & challenged Democrats to dump him in 1944. He was reelected President in 1944.

Doros forgot to mention that he died in the spring of 1945.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

President Biden appeared as a surprise guest at 9:36 am.

Mika called Biden the presumptive nominee. He told her he would be the nominee.

Biden said Trump is riding around in a golf cart.

Biden is travelling around the country. He doesn't believe Trump has made any arguments to be a better President.

Biden went to black churches & met Senator Fetterman.

He will hold a press conference this Thursday. The average voter supports him.

Mika started writing notes with a pink pen.

Biden will not be leaving the race & got 14 million votes.

Biden said Trump lied 50 times during the debate. Biden will not run for the Hollywood Moguls.

Biden called Trump bizarre for talking to Putin before the invasion.

Mika was worried that Biden would have another episode like debate night.

• Like 2

Biden said he has a cognitive test every day sitting in the Oval office.

Mika wants to know if Biden was tested for Parkinson's'. He laughed & said he was tested for Covid.

Biden mocked David Axelrod. Biden doesn't care about big names opposing him.

• Like 1
On 7/6/2024 at 7:16 AM, shok said:

I wish I could like, love, applaud, repeat this comment a thousand times.

That's very nice of you. 

I understand that when you said "You", it was meant to mean the American public and media, not those who comment here in particular.  At least that's how I took it.   A lot of Americans were horrified by Trump, and still are.  And let me tell you, it's embarrassing to think of what the rest of the world thinks of us. 

But we do keep trying to get this great experiment right. Unfortunately, America is like an aircraft carrier, not a canoe. It takes a while to turn it around.  

As far as Joe in concerned, hey he came around.  We were all in shock after that debate. Joe just hasn't learned to think before he speaks. And that Mika was the voice of reason should be marked on the calendar as the day Ms KYV Crazy Pants got it right for once. 

• Like 6

I feel like I'm being gaslighted by this show.

MJ is clearly 100% on board with the "nothing to see here" crowd.   I don't know what the right way forward is, I really don't.   But I don't appreciate Scarborough and Mika implying I have some character flaw if what scant hope I had for the future was completely destroyed by the debate.   This morning, Mika read aloud Biden's letter to Congress, which only pissed me off more.   "We can no longer be distracted ..."  Biden said in the letter Mika read.   What? Like the legitimate horror and concern so many are feeling right now isn't real?  That anyone no longer sure of Biden must be so feeble-minded and weak-willed that they have allowed themselves to become "distracted" while HE is the only one keeping his eye on the ball?   Excuse me, but I didn't fuck up the debate.  I didn't promote it like a pay-per-view event for weeks, then TKO myself in the first round.   Why is Scarborough joining in the effort to shift the blame for all this intra-party mayhem onto good people with legitimate concerns?   This show has devoted a lot of air time to glossing over this mess, even to the point of letting Biden do a call-in.   On this show I have heard various "explanations" for why Biden choked at the debate and lots of criticism of those who don't just pledge blind loyalty.   What I would rather hear them report is an acknowledgment from Biden that he let many people down, along with an apology.   The LAST thing I want to hear is that it's up to US to get over ourselves and stop being "distracted."   That's just arrogant.

Also this morning I just shook my head  as Joe and Mika optimistically implied that if Biden can get through this week he might be okay.   They sat there like schemers adding up the grace days he might enjoy because of the NATO summit.  "Let's see, there's today to get through, and then the rest of the week is taken up the NATO summit, and nobody in Congress is going to call for him to step down while that's going on, so ..."

I shut it off. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 1:39 PM, oakville said:

Doris Goodwin compared Biden to FDR. FDR gave more speeches to crowds & challenged Democrats to dump him in 1944. He was reelected President in 1944.

On 7/8/2024 at 1:39 PM, oakville said:

Doris also neglected to say that in 1944 FDR was 20 years younger than Biden is (and 17 years younger than Trump)

I'm not a physician but just seeing the film of FDR talking about his dog, I'm pretty sure he didn't have any mental accuity issues. Not so with today's candidates 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

I'm

Doris also neglected to say that in 1944 FDR was 20 years younger than Biden is (and 17 years younger than Trump)

I'm not a physician but just seeing the film of FDR talking about his dog, I'm pretty sure he didn't have any mental accuity issues. Not so with today's candidates 

They did hide the fact that he was paralyzed from the waist down. It was a different time, of course, and the nation was dealing with the Depression and then the war, so FDR being in a wheel chair was the least of our problems.  But no one called for him to be removed from office or to not run. And he, as does Biden, had a vice president who took over when he died in April 1945. 

I'm not going to be a Biden apologist.  I'm watching clips on the Daily Show and man they have some stuff nobody else has covered. Like him reading aloud instructions on the teleprompter  "end of sentence. Repeat.".    It was pretty funny, in a scary "oh shit" kinda way

And then we have Joe S. stating while he was off, he was driving around with the windows down on the car and Democrats were yelling at him "Leave Biden alone".  So now Joe Scarborough has the ability to discern a person's political affiliation by merely seeing them on the street, and these people are yelling at him.   And what they live in Mayberry, where you drive 5 miles an hour and people on the street have time to yell at you and you hear what they say? 

I think we have another Joe to be worried about as far as mental acuity. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

And then we have Joe S. stating while he was off, he was driving around with the windows down on the car and Democrats were yelling at him "Leave Biden alone".  So now Joe Scarborough has the ability to discern a person's political affiliation by merely seeing them on the street, and these people are yelling at him.   And what they live in Mayberry, where you drive 5 miles an hour and people on the street have time to yell at you and you hear what they say? 

I think we have another Joe to be worried about as far as mental acuity. 

Joe is one of the most popular cable news hosts in American history. He & Mika were usually surrounded by adoring fans when they flew on commercial airplanes.  Mika & Joe decided to travel in a private jet to avoid having airport security being overwhelmed by their presence.

Joe wrote a book about FDR's successor, Harry Truman. It was very popular & the movie rights are currently being shopped around the major studios. Joe's music will be used as the soundtrack for the movie.

• LOL 3

Joe was mad at the NY Times for implying that he & Mika were fighting over Biden staying in the race. Joe said Mika gets mad when he doesn't take the garbage out by 10 pm.

Mika said Biden was 81 before the debate and 81 after the debate. Mika forgot that the perception of Biden's ability to run the country for another 4 years has drastically changed since June 27.

• Love 1

Mika was happy that the Hispanic Caucus still supports Biden. They will help empower Latino communities.

Hakeem Jeffries & AOC support Biden.

• Like 1

Richard Haas said it's a bad time for incumbents. They have been losing elections this year.

Biden could slip up again & lose the election. Biden won't be effective when he is 86.

• Love 1

Haas said there was pressure from the White not to let other Democrats run against Biden.

Mika said Biden can do the job. Biden can manage 2 wars.

Joe admitted that if there is too much focus on Biden he will lose the race.

Joe said Trump only worked 2-3 hours a day as President. Mika said she is on TV for longer than that.

Katty Kay said that Biden shouldn't attack people who have concerns about his health.

• Like 2

Mika's brother Ian was a guest. Mika's cousin was on yesterday. The family could have their own cable show.

Putin wants to keep the war going till after the US election.

• Like 2

I saw what appeared to be the end of the Richard Haas interview. What he was saying was not what Meeka was buying.  During his spiel the camera turned on her; she was sitting there in her feathered nest, looking pleased with herself yet was able to scowl at what Haas was saying.  When he finished....they went straight to commercial. No "thank you" etc.  Since this was the 8:00 hour i wondered maybe if they cut the end off and Meeka and Joe acknowledged him?  So so unprofessional; and so very smug and partisan.  

Since Joe has apparently been scolded by Meeka, and possibly the network, he is not interesting to watch. And is just another political hack who falls into line with his born-on-third-base-thinking-she-hit-a-triple wife. Humbug.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ian said Russia is committing war crimes by bombing a children's hospital in Ukraine.

Ukraine needs more money to fight Russia. NATO has to do more.

• Like 1

Joe is off today. Mika is mad at anyone who is not supporting Biden.

Mika said Trump is certifiable.

Mikie Sherril will not be invited to KYV events after she called on Biden to exit the race.

Joe wrote a very favourable column in 2020 about Senator Bennet from Colorado.

Joe will be outraged that he isn't supporting Biden.

• LOL 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is off today. Mika is mad at anyone who is not supporting Biden.

This is why I don't watch when he's not on -- not the part about Biden, but the mad.

She has become insufferable when she's flying solo.   Her tone throughout the whole show is lecture-y.   And scoldy.   A classic case of a second banana overcompensating for the indignities she suffers while in the shadows.   Because it's not just Scarborough who diminishes her.   He deputizes Geist and the other men with the sports talk which sets the tone for the next hour.   Meanwhile she has to sit there trying to get a word in edgewise.   When Scarborough isn't on the set, it's like Mika Strikes Back.   I understand it, but I don't want to see it.

* edited to change Mike to Mika.  (who's Mike?)

Edited by millennium
  • Like 4

Speaker Emeritus Pelosi showed up. She looks different. Is the lighting off in Washington?

Pelosi liked Biden's speech yesterday. She said Biden has been a great President & she helped get his policies passed.

Pelosi said it is up to Biden to decide if he wants to run. She is lukewarm in her support for Biden. She won't force him to run if he doesn't want to.

Svetlana is the leader of the Belarus opposition.

18 minutes ago, millennium said:

This is why I don't watch when he's not on -- not the part about Biden, but the mad.

She has become insufferable when she's flying solo.   Her tone throughout the whole show is lecture-y.   And scoldy.   A classic case of a second banana overcompensating for the indignities she suffers while in the shadows.   Because it's not just Scarborough who diminishes her.   He deputizes Geist and the other men with the sports talk which sets the tone for the next hour.   Meanwhile she has to sit there trying to get a word in edgewise.   When Scarborough isn't on the set, it's like Mike Strikes Back.   I understand it, but I don't want to see it.

Mika turns into a Bond Villan when Joe isn't around.

• Like 2