Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Do Donnie Deutsch and John Heileman appear together often on MJ?  I was just watching Nicole Wallace's show and there was a kind of mini dust-up between the two of them.  I was doing something else and only paid attention when there was a tense-like interchange between the two.  All made nice by the end of the show but it got me to wondering about their interaction(s) on MJ since it seems Donnie is on this particular show more than any other.  I know Heileman is often on other MSNBC shows.

Donnie usually shows up on either Thursday or Friday.  I'll check each morning and post if he is going to be on as I would like to see him this week too.

14 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe went on a long rant against the GOP, Paul Ryan, the Freedom Caucus, the Minnesota Twins,

I'm out of town for work this week and kind of in the middle of nowhere so please tell me what the Minnesota Twins did to earn Joe's wrath?

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Do Donnie Deutsch and John Heileman appear together often on MJ?  I was just watching Nicole Wallace's show and there was a kind of mini dust-up between the two of them.  I was doing something else and only paid attention when there was a tense-like interchange between the two.  All made nice by the end of the show but it got me to wondering about their interaction(s) on MJ since it seems Donnie is on this particular show more than any other.  I know Heileman is often on other MSNBC shows.

The intergroup dynamics of the Morning Joe regulars is so interesting. I’m a little surprised Donnie is still on Morning Joe since he always used to flirt with Mika (excuse me, Joe’s fiancée) and buy her shoes. I saw a clip awhile back of Donnie kissing her on air, “just because” he felt like it. ? 

• Love 3
(edited)

This just in:  Mika is off to attend her daughter's graduation (that whooshing sound you just heard is Instagram heaving a sigh of relief).

Weds. guest list: Barnicle, Richard Haass, Susan Del Percio, David Ignatius, Joyce Vance, Heidi Przybyla, Jim VandeHei, Mark Leibovich, Elisabeth Bumiller, Daniel Goldman, Sen. Chris Murphy, Ezra Klein, Steve Kornacki, Mike Lupica, Yamiche Alcindor, Matthew Miller and more

eta:  Ignatius needs to introduce some new hair products into his morning routine as he is starting to look like the Nutty Professor.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I saw a clip awhile back of Donnie kissing her on air, “just because” he felt like it.

What??  And she let him??  Well, I guess we know her 'worthy' opinion of herself.  Isn't that p*ssy grabbing, once removed?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

This just in:  Mika is off to attend her daughter's graduation (that whooshing sound you just heard is Instagram heaving a sigh of relief).

Joe isn't attending? Interesting.

ETA: Hops doesn't graduate today, it's tomorrow. Instagram needs to re-brace itself.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2

It's hard to tell if most of this show is a repeat from earlier today, or earlier this week, or last year.  It's the same damn thing.  Panelists and Joe are horrified at Trump controverting hundreds of years of established norms and laws.  "We'll look back at this in 15 years and be shocked at what happened."  Yeah I don't think so.  Who's to say this won't be the way it is forever more?
They are shocked every morning that Fox News and stupid people exist and show up to vote.  Every morning.
I get the outrage.  But newsflash, this isn't the morning when you hit that rhetorical conceit out of the ballpark and perfectly encapsulate what's occurring in a manner that will convince the other side and also become viral.
But the other hand, I suppose it's what they have to do.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I'm out of town for work this week and kind of in the middle of nowhere so please tell me what the Minnesota Twins did to earn Joe's wrath?

The twins were a surprising playoff team last year. They are playing poorly this year. I think Joe picked them to win the division this year. Joe is talking a lot about baseball this week. Today he attacked the Cleveland Indians for being a crappy 500 team. Joe wants the MLB to move the Red Sox to the AL Central. It would be easier for them to win that division easily. Joe is a big annoying Red Sox fan. I hate Red Sox fans when they come to Toronto. They are a bunch of know it alls. Yankees fans are more polite. 

1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

It's hard to tell if most of this show is a repeat from earlier today, or earlier this week, or last year.  It's the same damn thing.  Panelists and Joe are horrified at Trump controverting hundreds of years of established norms and laws.  "We'll look back at this in 15 years and be shocked at what happened."  Yeah I don't think so.  Who's to say this won't be the way it is forever more?
They are shocked every morning that Fox News and stupid people exist and show up to vote.  Every morning.
I get the outrage.  But newsflash, this isn't the morning when you hit that rhetorical conceit out of the ballpark and perfectly encapsulate what's occurring in a manner that will convince the other side and also become viral.
But the other hand, I suppose it's what they have to do.

Verytrue!. It’s easy to recap the show now because I know Joe will rant about Trump. Barnacle will say he never saw whatever Dumb thing Trump did or said. Willie tries Togo with the flow. Elise Jordan shakes her head at obstruuctssionist tactics. Why is she always wearing a sleeveless dress now ? David Ignatius tries to defend Trumps dumb moves. Jody Vance talks some random Alabama sports team & says that Trump is doing something unconstitutional. She is a Debbie Downer.

Mika was off today celebrating her daughters graduation from John Hopkins. Joe gave a half hearted Go Emilie. I don’t think Emily likes Joe. Mika will probably see her ex husband Jim Hoffer at the ceremony. What happens if she ends up reconciling with him ?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, XOQueens said:

The intergroup dynamics of the Morning Joe regulars is so interesting. I’m a little surprised Donnie is still on Morning Joe since he always used to flirt with Mika (excuse me, Joe’s fiancée) and buy her shoes. I saw a clip awhile back of Donnie kissing her on air, “just because” he felt like it. ? 

Mika used to be a guest star on Donnie’s sitcom a few years ago. 

I don't think anyone mentioned Joe was in the bunker today. (He was when I saw the start of the show.) So, Mika out and the co-host is not even on set? 

If the graduation  ? Is tomorrow, Mika will still be out tomorrow? 

(Graphics because my device just adds them.) 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

so please tell me what the Minnesota Twins did to earn Joe's wrath?

Turned Joe down when he offered to sing National Anthem at a Red Sox/Twins game?  

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm normally rather neutral about Willie, but, omg...today made me wonder what he was drinking.  Why did he make the remark comparing professionals at the NY Times to the Kardassians!  Willie was interviewing NY Times writer/editor (I didn't catch her name) and she was describing having the cameras running while you are doing your job, how you adjust to it, etc.  Willie says, now you know how the Kardassians feel.  Are you kidding me?  Maybe, I was appalled due to my propensity to detest the K's, but, to hear that comment......  So, does Willie really think that being on camera/tv bothers the Kardassians?  HOW could he think that?  And on what planet would it be proper to compare professional journalists to that bunch?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, jjj said:

I don't think anyone mentioned Joe was in the bunker today. (He was when I saw the start of the show.) So, Mika out and the co-host is not even on set? 

If the graduation  ? Is tomorrow, Mika will still be out tomorrow? 

(Graphics because my device just adds them.) 

Mika is probably out for the rest of the week. 

• Love 3

3 HOURS AGO, CHLOESMOM SAID:

ETA: Hops doesn't graduate today, it's tomorrow. Instagram needs to re-brace itself.

That explains why Joe skipped over the phrase.  He said "Mika's attending her daughter's college graduation (one second two seconds) activities.  I could see his thought process--"These people will find out she doesn't graduate till tomorrow!"  

I was listening to Avenhottie piped into Ari Melber's show at the last minute when _______(whatever "breaking News" it was last night--I mean does it even matter at this point?)  Anyway, I think Avenhottie should run the world.  He is so smooth, he doesn't miss anything whatsoever at all.  I assume he's a scum lawyer, but I prefer to think that he's an angel, sent down from the heavens in disguise to free us all....

• Love 5
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Mika is not done yet, but the end is in sight.

• Love 2

I didn't hear Willie make the Kardashian remark....how delusional are these people in their bubble?  I will try to remember the documentary about the NY Times  on Sunday night.  

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was off today celebrating her daughters graduation from John Hopkins. Joe gave a half hearted Go Emilie. I don’t think Emily likes Joe. Mika will probably see her ex husband Jim Hoffer at the ceremony. What happens if she ends up reconciling with him ?

Eyewitness News Jim, he’s on your side!, seems like a really good guy on tv. Unlike someone...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Willie says, now you know how the Kardassians feel.

I presumed he was making a joke, "Ha ha.  Now you're just like a Kardashian."  An ironic overstatement.  I'm nearly 100% certain he wasn't empathizing with the Kardashians.

Today's show was bad.  Mika there or not there makes no difference. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I presumed he was making a joke, "Ha ha.  Now you're just like a Kardashian."  An ironic overstatement.  I'm nearly 100% certain he wasn't empathizing with the Kardashians.

I'll give Willie the benefit of the doubt, but, why their name and a documentary about a professional newspaper even entered his mind is beyond me.  I might suggest that he issue an on-air retraction, but, that only causes their name to be repeated...something we don't need, imo.  I'll just pretend it didn't happen.  lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Joe isn't attending? Interesting.

JOE LIED . . . FAKE NEWS!  He probably just wants all of this to end so he can have Meeks back to himself again.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I agree Landsnark, I think Willie used the "Kardashian" reference as they were the first to truly capitalize on living their lives on camera.  I didn't see much of the show today so I didn't see any clips that were played for the NYT show but I can't imagine how bizarre it must have been at first to be followed around by people all day.

To be honest I didn't even realize Joe was in his bunker . . . yikes.

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

JOE LIED . . . FAKE NEWS!  He probably just wants all of this to end so he can have Meeks back to himself again.

It is probably incredibly tense and uncomfortable right now if her daughter/s dislike him as much as it seems from an outside piecing together of everything she's said about postponing the wedding because her family isn't on board, postponing the wedding because of a college graduation, putting a public ban on discussing the wedding because of same graduation (I mean, really...), him being MIA from the recent Instagram flood, neither daughter ever going to any of the many engagement parties, etc. 

I mean, assuming and all. 

8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

What??  And she let him??  Well, I guess we know her 'worthy' opinion of herself.  Isn't that p*ssy grabbing, once removed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lp7CKEIxw

It's truly uncomfortable. Lol

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Hee, allegedly . . . there is a part of me that hates to speculate on a relationship that I have no hands on knowledge of but there is a larger part of me that has been watching this crapfest unfold before my very eyes every day for years so it doesn't pain me all that much to say I wonder if they had to do it all again if they would.  He may be obsessed with her now but I wonder how long that obsession would last after he finally, legally got her and for me I think it's pretty clear she is stumbling around in some kind of emotional/better living through pharmaceutical haze as at first it was all grins and giggles but reality does have a way of coming around and biting you in the ass.  I don't blame her daughters for dragging her through the mud as she did the same to them except she did it on cable TV for all the world to see.

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

It is probably incredibly tense and uncomfortable right now if her daughter/s dislike him as much as it seems from an outside piecing together of everything she's said about postponing the wedding because her family isn't on board, postponing the wedding because of a college graduation, putting a public ban on discussing the wedding because of same graduation (I mean, really...), him being MIA from the recent Instagram flood, neither daughter ever going to any of the many engagement parties, etc. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lp7CKEIxw

It's truly uncomfortable. Lol

Wow.  Did she actually say that?  That they're postponing the wedding due to family un-onboardness?  Not that I blame the daughters; in fact, if that's true, then they have more sense than their mother. 

It wouldn't be Joe's family who are unhappy about this, right?  Because they've already been around this block with him a few times now. 

The funniest thing I ever read here was, following the engagement announcement, someone referred to Mika as the future third ex-Mrs.Scarborough.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 4

As odd as it is, I do find myself looking at Joe and Mika and trying to figure it out. I mean.....it's difficult to imagine.  I did get a laugh with that SNL skit about them being all over each other, kissing, etc.   But, it's more than the physical aspect. It's just the conversations, emotions, etc. involved in a marriage.   I just can't envision it.  I suppose what we see is what it is.  Odd. I would like to be a guest at their wedding.  How entertaining would that be?  lol

• Love 5

Updated Thurs. guest list: Mike Barnicle, Eddie Glaude Jr., Steve Rattner, Carol Lee, David Ignatius, Kasie Hunt, Jon Meachma, Peggy Noonan, Jonathan Lemire, Sen. Angus King, Mayor Bill de Blasio, Sen. James Lankford, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, Rep. Adam Schiff and more

Willie announces Mika is at her daughter's graduation.  Joe from the bunker basically breezes right by it with a "Big Stuff" comment.  No graduation invite for bunker boy . . . SAD.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Wow.  Did she actually say that?  That they're postponing the wedding due to family un-onboardness?  Not that I blame the daughters; in fact, if that's true, then they have more sense than their mother. 

It wouldn't be Joe's family who are unhappy about this, right?  Because they've already been around this block with him a few times now. 

The funniest thing I ever read here was, following the engagement announcement, someone referred to Mika as the future third ex-Mrs.Scarborough.

Mika gave the interview to Lesley Stahl from CBS. She told her that the daughter wanted the focus of 2018 to be on her graduation from college, not their wedding. Joe's kids from his first marriage are both married. The two younger ones must wonder why their dad always works from a bunker in the basement. The separation agreement was strict enough that Joe could go into Susan's part of the house after 7 pm. This is not a sign of a very amicable divorce.

• Love 2

Thursday morning recap. Joe is in the bunker. Willie is on set with Eddie Glaude,Barnicle & David Ignatius.

Everyone on the panel is excited about the Washington Capitals going to the Stanley Cup against Las Vegas. Canadians are not happy. We have not won the Stanley Cup since 1993.

Ovechkin is a Russian hockey player with ties to Vladimir Putin. Joe said if Hillary had won the election, the Capitals would never have been close to the finals.

Ratner made a joke about ACDC's intro. Edison wanted DC & Westinghouse wanted AC.

Carol Lee is on set.

First topic is the FBI Russian source. Joe is mad at Trump for not letting Democrats attend the meeting. Joe said Trump is breaking constitutional norms.

Everyone is mad at Devin Nunes & Trey Gowdy. KC is in the library.

Trump now wants Democrats to come to the meeting.

Kasie! looks lovely in her light blue dress.

Barnicle likes Ted Leonsis who owns the Washington Capitals.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Yeah, it was one of the early interviews, I think. At first I assumed she was referring to her mother, like maybe she was just kinda meh about it because she would have still been grieving Zbig's passing. Now it looks pretty clear her girls don't care much for Joe.

WTF Barnicle? "Yes or no. Do you agree damage has been done to public trust in certain governmental institutions and the intelligence community by this president?" Good lord, where has he been for the past months?? How does he have a job doing this??

• Love 5

Barnicle just asked Ratner why Harley Davidson stock buy backs work on behalf of shareholders and not workers. What a dumb quesion.

Everyone is mad at Harley Davidson for cutting jobs in the USA. Ratner admitted that tax reform was necessary. They are building a plant in Thailand to avoid tariffs on steel.

Its a race to the bottom. Every country is cutting taxes to keep the companies.

Joe will be discussing racism in America. Joe is a leader on race relations. This will go well:)

Hey it's Eddie Glaude from the SNL skit.

Jon Meacham is the Soul of America!

Joe is mad at Evangelicals for supporting Trump.

Eddie is mad at Matthew 25 Christians.

Where is Al Sharpton? Joe gets into trouble discussing race issues when Al Sharpton isn't on the show to keep Joe in check.

Joe is mad.

Joe's hair looks ridiculous.

Joe is mad at Clinton because he lacked moral character. Clinton was a moral failure.

Joe is mad at trump for being hateful.

Joe likes the beatitutudes.

It's Sunday School with noted religious scholar, Joe Scarborough".

The evangelicals want conservative judges. Idoltry is not cool.

• Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika gave the interview to Lesley Stahl from CBS. She told her that the daughter wanted the focus of 2018 to be on her graduation from college, not their wedding. Joe's kids from his first marriage are both married. The two younger ones must wonder why their dad always works from a bunker in the basement. The separation agreement was strict enough that Joe could go into Susan's part of the house after 7 pm. This is not a sign of a very amicable divorce.

Whoa.  So much to digest here.

That 7 p.m. restriction is an eye-opener.  There must be tons of discord there - not that I blame Susan for any of it.  At all.  Honestly, she could be the biggest beeyotch on the planet (which for the record I don't believe) and I'd still put all the onus on Squinty, because I see him every morning on the teevee (well, every morning that he deigns to show up for work) and I know for certain that he's a miserable mouthy bully.

As for Meek-a.....what?? She focuses an entire year on her daughter's graduation from college?  She can't get married in 2018 because on one day in May of that year somebody else will be receiving a diploma and a handshake in Baltimore?  Hmmm.  If I didn't know that our girl was deeply madly in love with her boss, I might suspect that she is grasping at straws to put this whole marriage thingy on hold.  But that can't be the case, because every morning, day in and day out, there they are, sitting shoulder to shoulder on the set, barely able to keep their hands off each other..........oh, wait.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 5

I just tuned in and what do I see?  Joe not on set; that wasn't a surprise.  But the reality of looking at an entire desk packed with men; not a woman in sight.  Of course there was probably one on earlier.  It's just that in this day and age it is kind of a bad visual.  Couldn't Kasie,  Elise, Heidi or someone fly up from Washington or wherever they are based...and co-host the show.  For one day? Will no other woman put up with Joe for three hours?  He isn't even THERE for crying out loud..is he afraid of another woman hosting?

Since this will be Joe's third marriage and Meeka's second, why such a fuss over a wedding?  Can't they just go to city hall or some such...or have a small celebration at their house.  Wherever that is.  Invite family members (those that will come) and some close friends.  How hard can it be that you must have months and months to put something together?  Hire a wedding planner and just show up the day of.

Wait, I see Peggy Noonan.  Guess I was wrong about no women.  Maybe I should have said an up-and-coming female news person.  Not age shaming!  I'm older than Ms. Noonan.  And there are enough people in squares to make one dizzy or bring about a seizure.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Mika definitely has said that she didn’t want the wedding to interfere with the graduation, but I don’t recall her saying that her family wasn’t on board with her getting married, just that everyone had to be on board with “when” they get married. 

Mika’s explanations so far (dad passing away, daughters graduation) do make some sense to me, but if they arn’t married by the end of this year, I will think that something is up. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Now it looks pretty clear her girls don't care much for Joe.

Wow, how could that be?  He's so amiable.  And he sings protest songs! What's not to flove?

Joe likes the beatitutudes.

It's Sunday School with noted religious scholar, Joe Scarborough".

HEE!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, cased said:

Mika definitely has said that she didn’t want the wedding to interfere with the graduation, but I don’t recall her saying that her family wasn’t on board with her getting married, just that everyone had to be on board with “when” they get married. 

Mika’s explanations so far (dad passing away, daughters graduation) do make some sense to me, but if they arn’t married by the end of this year, I will think that something is up. 

I think her excuses are based on her family not being on board. FFS, it's not the Royal Wedding, and they only got engaged the end of 2017.  Mika & Joe could have a small private ceremony, it would take about a month to plan tops. Plus she has all her Know Your Value minions, and the MJ staff whom I'm sure she would rope into doing everything, because Mika is way to busy "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar"-ing to order a cake and some flowers and run to Barney's to buy a dress. 

Those Instagram videos aren't going to make themselves, people. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She told her that the daughter wanted the focus of 2018 to be on her graduation from college, not their wedding.

Apparently Emelie is following in her mother's footsteps of being a demanding drama queen.  The entire year is about you graduating from college? JFC, get over yourself. 

• Love 7

2 HOURS AGO, LADYRAIN SAID:

She told her that the daughter wanted the focus of 2018 to be on her graduation from college, not their wedding.

Apparently Emelie is following in her mother's footsteps of being a demanding drama queen.  The entire year is about you graduating from college? JFC, get over yourself. 

This sounds like a textbook case of the things divorced parents do to placate/make sure their kids are ok with having their lives "torn assunder" by divorce.

Since this will be Joe's third marriage and Meeka's second, why such a fuss over a wedding?  Can't they just go to city hall or some such...or have a small celebration at their house.  

I am certain that Avenhottie would be honored to be the officiant. I am sure that he is an Ordained Minister, in addition to being the Savior of our Country.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

This sounds like a textbook case of the things divorced parents do to placate/make sure their kids are ok with having their lives "torn assunder" by divorce.

Her daughters are both in their 20s. At that age I would have been mortified at her Instagram flood alone. If my mother was on a national platform saying I wasn’t cool with her wedding because I was graduating I would crawl and hide under a rock. Lol 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cased said:

but if they arn’t married by the end of this year, I will think that something is up. 

They should've been married already, if that's what they really wanted.  It's not like it's the first trip down the aisle for either of them.  Something small, private, tasteful, understated.  That sounds appropriate when it's the fifth marriage (between them) and there are, what - six children involved. 

Meeks will probably show up at Kleinfeld's for an episode of Say Yes To The Dress, with kids, mother, Willie, Barnicle, LB the pig, Cajun the dog, (and Michael AvenHottie for good measure) in tow to approve the sweeping bridal attire.  Then she and Joe can grovel at the feet of Orange Foolius, begging for Mar-a-Lago as the only venue grand enough to showcase their LUV.  

Alright, I've OT'ed enough.  -  Mika being absent from the show today was like any other day; she adds nothing, absolutely nothing, even when she's sitting right there, so at least today we were spared her grimaces and sighs.  And is it ever, EVER explained where Joe is, and more importantly, why he can't drag his ass into the studio?  It's almost like a hostage situation now; I keep looking for little signs/twitches from him signalling 'help me'. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Meeks will probably show up at Kleinfeld's for an episode of Say Yes To The Dress, with kids, mother, Willie, Barnicle, LB the pig, Cajun the dog, (and Michael AvenHottie for good measure) in tow to approve the sweeping bridal attire. 

I would SO pay to see this.

• Love 5