Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

12 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I'm not in. I don't know if Sasha and Janel can carry a show, they were always supporting players here. The fact that I was never super-interested in them as characters tells me that I would probably not like this.

Also, I finally got free from this mess, no way am I getting sucked back in again.

I thought I felt the same but the presence of Janel is tempting me to give it a try. Sigh.

8 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

"We can't wait to continue Marlene King's rich and revolutionary storytelling...."

Damn, I wonder if and how this network executive managed to say that with a straight face.

I think that was pr speak for saying "It's revolting"

The Heiresses’ Family Soap Starring Shay Mitchell From ‘PLL’s Marlene King & Sara Shepard Set At ABC As Put Pilot.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/heiresses-shay-mitchell-marlene-king-sara-shepard-abc-series-pretty-little-liars-1202179621/

On the heels of Freeform’s pilot order to Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists, toplined by PLL co-stars Sasha Pieterse and Janel Parrish, from PLL mastermind I. Marlene King and based on the books by PLL author Sara Shepard, another soapy drama project from the PLL team has landed a big deal.

ABC has given a put pilot commitment to The Heiresses, headlined by PLL co-star Shay Mitchell, with King writing based on Shepard’s 2014 novel. Alloy Entertainment once again co-produces with King’s Long Lake Media in association with Warner Bros. Television.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:00 AM, Artsda said:

The Heiresses’ Family Soap Starring Shay Mitchell From ‘PLL’s Marlene King & Sara Shepard Set At ABC As Put Pilot.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/heiresses-shay-mitchell-marlene-king-sara-shepard-abc-series-pretty-little-liars-1202179621/

Time for predictions: -

I give The Perfectionists two seasons. Marlene is terrible when it comes to consistent characters and character arcs, plotting, pacing and basically all of the fundamentals of creating a coherent story about compelling people (she must be great at delivering on programme and to budget because there are no other strings to her bow). As such, I assume this show will be an incoherent mess, however, it will probably be crazy enough, and unintentionally, jaw-droppingly awful enough to be must-watch TV. 

I give The Heiress the pilot, after which it won't be picked up. If it is picked up it will limp through a season before it is cancelled. Shay Mitchell was the weakest actor on PLL and I simply cannot imagine her headlining a show like this. I do not understand who the anticipated audience is, outside of the most diehard PLL fans. 

Edited by Pindrop
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Troian had her baby! It’s a girl and that’s... pretty much the only info she’s giving out. 

I had no idea Troian was even pregnant. Huh! I definitely missed that news coming out! 

Good for her and Patrick! 

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I had no idea Troian was even pregnant. Huh! I definitely missed that news coming out! 

Good for her and Patrick! 

Most people missed it. Troian was doing her best to keep it under her hat. It ended up leaking at the royal wedding a few months ago because she was visibly pregnant in the pictures.