Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Admissions

The murders of several geniuses is investigated.  Duval struggles to accept that James is his father.   

Well, I really liked hearing Mountain blaring while James worked out.

It's so difficult letting go how Mary and Otto each have nothing but time for the Pritchards.  Pretty much on demand, too.  Agent P would already have been shut down with the prior shenanigans, too.  At least the show gave a nod to reality by having his boss expressing suspicion and investigating him.  

It was actually nice seeing Otto capable of the difficult emotions surrounding the murders of folks like him.  

It's so difficult letting go how Mary and Otto each have nothing but time for the Pritchards.  Pretty much on demand, too.

Agreed, they're just convenient plot devices.

I half watched, so the guy with heroin killing girl was just in her head? I got confused when they didn't arrest him at the pool.

Yes, she was the killer.  I guess he was supposed to be part of her motivation, but it was pretty much glossed over.

I thought the Case of the Week was really weak. Not that a show about bringing a dead guy back to life should be realistic, but that woman finding bright students and OD-ing them with one syringe of heroin was pretty far fetched. Someone sticks me with a 3CC syringe needle and I'm all jumping away before that plunger can get pushed down.

I also can't dislike Duvall any more than I do. He drives shot James to the mansion and INSISTS that he come in and INSISTS he know what's going on and INSISTS that he know who James really is, then turns into a giant dick when all his wishes come true. Telling him was gigantic mistake, the twins should have kept with James being the half brother.

I like all the scenes with James, the actor is hottie mc hottie, and his interaction with the little girl is great. It would be fun to see the daughter/sister start making passes at dad in future episodes. But now, that's all trashed, thank you very much Duvall you bitch.

Had to laugh at how James "flew" out of the pool with the almost-dead swimmer, though. That was right out of The Flash.

I still like the show. I just want Duvall to, well, get shot and killed or something. And not brought back to life.

Edited by saber5055

Telling him was gigantic mistake, the twins should have kept with James being the half brother.

He was already digging around and he already overheard James muttering things while he was hurt.  At that point, it was too much to cover up with what he already knew.

I came to this show because I like Rob Kazinsky, I really like Dilshad Vadsaria, but I love Tim DeKay. So I'm fine with anything that involves more Duval. Though I did love DeKay playing his frustration and jealousy when he thought James was his half brother and not his father.

I think my biggest complaint about the show is that the cases of the week are kind of dumb and procedurally weak. I really should not have been so disappointed by Henri Lubatti's turn as the ostensible villain.

Completely off topic, but I loved seeing Narcan/naloxone used. I've spent about two years doing research, writing white papers, and working on getting legislation passed in my state. It really does save lives and needs to be carried by first responders everywhere.

I think my biggest complaint about the show is that the cases of the week are kind of dumb and procedurally weak. I really should not have been so disappointed by Henri Lubatti's turn as the ostensible villain.

It's mostly forgettable and it really doesn't do much with it that regular cops can't handle, you don't really need super strength for that.

It's mostly forgettable and it really doesn't do much with it that regular cops can't handle, you don't really need super strength for that.

You're completely correct that nothing about this case or most of the cases required super strength or super Google.

• Love 1

You're completely correct that nothing about this case or most of the cases required super strength or super Google.

It would've been better had there been more interesting cases which would require his super strength.

The cases of the week have been weak, but so long as they keep showing Rob Kazinsky shirtless or in a wife-beater, I'm good.

I like the scenes between James and Gracie; I think Ciara Bravo is a good little actress and have since she was in "Big Time Rush."

Is Duvall a widower or divorced? I keep thinking the sister is his wife until she mentions something about "dad."

• Love 1

Is Duvall a widower or divorced? I keep thinking the sister is his wife until she mentions something about "dad."

Dunno, but a widower would explain a lot about his character.

Had to laugh at how James "flew" out of the pool with the almost-dead swimmer, though. That was right out of The Flash.

And they landed on the swimmer's ass and legs.  That looked like it should have hurt.  a LOT!

Completely off topic, but I loved seeing Narcan/naloxone used. I've spent about two years doing research, writing white papers, and working on getting legislation passed in my state. It really does save lives and needs to be carried by first responders everywhere.

I also saw it used in a Nic Cage movie "Bring Out The Dead" -- he's an EMT whose partner uses it to revive an ODed kid.

I dunno, it saved the swimmer this week by James being able to break through the metal door bar into the pool area and fly-jump out of the swimming pool carrying the mostly dead swimmer.

I too have been confused about Duval's family. The woman I had thought was his wife is apparently his sister. And she lives with him and his daughter and eats meals with them like they are a nuclear family. I guess he is either divorced or widowed, but shouldn't that have been something that they could have easily explained in the first episode?

I was really bored by the psychologist killer and her imaginary friend. I still don't fully understand her motivation. She was "taken" by creepy teacher when she was young so she didn't want others to get "taken" so she killed them? I still couldn't figure out what he did to her when he was alive and she was young. Pushed her too hard? Molested her? Utilised her "gift" for personal profit?

I was really bored by the psychologist killer and her imaginary friend. I still don't fully understand her motivation. She was "taken" by creepy teacher when she was young so she didn't want others to get "taken" so she killed them? I still couldn't figure out what he did to her when he was alive and she was young. Pushed her too hard? Molested her? Utilised her "gift" for personal profit?

Agreed, it wasn't delved to very much.

I find the show's possible/presumable attempts to hook up Mary and James/Jimmy kind of ooky. I get that age is just a number and whatnot, but this was a man in his 70s weeks ago.

I think his being dead is a bigger ook than his being 70-something. But now James is a rockin' hot 30-something. Wowza! I would want to go to there myself.

Hey, who am I kidding? I DO want to go to there! Dead or not, James, CALL ME!

I think his being dead is a bigger ook than his being 70-something. But now James is a rockin' hot 30-something. Wowza! I would want to go to there myself.

So far, best scene of the series was on that ?elevator? where he was comparing old-guy notes with an actual old-guy.

• Love 2

I assume his utter lack of humor or gratitude resulted in his wife offing herself to escape him, since the FBI's Witness Protection Program obviously wouldn't be an option.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 2