Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Dead Angels

When a powerful weapon that could take down the Mikaelsons for good ends up in the wrong hands, Klaus finds himself in a tense standoff with an unlikely foe. Meanwhile, Elijah's attempt to reclaim control of The Strix leads to a violent showdown and the emergence of a potential new leader. Elsewhere, when a new coven of witches tries to influence Davina into helping them locate the elusive weapon, she quickly realizes she may be in over her head.

I am over Cami and her whole “I want my dark objects back”

Elijah continues to be awesome. "Grown ups are talking"

I have a feeling if Kol comes back he is going to end up trying to get Davina out of the Coven. She spent all that time trying to help him and no its going to be his turn.

Part of me loved this episode because FINALLY someone gave Klaus a taste of his own medicine. His hypocritical indignation at the fact that Cami treated him the way he treats everyone, including his own family, was HILARIOUS. "How dare you be a manipulative blackmailing dick? Only I'm allowed to be a manipulative blackmailing dick!"

I was totally cracking up when Klaus told her that something could have happened to her and she pointed out that something DID already happen to her when Aurora compelled her to kill herself. I also loved later when he tried to tell her again that she could have been killed and she said she would have been except that she was able to defend herself with the dark objects he didn't want to give back to her.

As for the actual trading, I was fine with it because Klaus was the one dicking around. If he really wanted his stupid white oak horse back, he should have just brought all the stuff she asked for instead of bringing a little briefcase with less than half of them. Hilarious when Cami asked if he wanted one third of the horse in exchange for what he actually brought with him. I liked that Cami refused to barter with Klaus.

I have mixed feelings about the dark objects though, mostly because, as with anything really old, who does it REALLY belong to? Vincent said most of them were witchy things to begin with so do these objects belong to them because they made them? Or to Klaus because he possessed them at one time? Or to Cami because they belonged to her uncle and he left everything to her? Just because you owned something at one point doesn't mean that it belongs to you forever. Knowing the way Klaus works (heh, and Kol), the Mikaelsons probably procured a lot of those things by stealing them from someone. I'm guessing that Kieran's process was doing lots of research and then scouring New Orleans to try to buy them from the owners who didn't realize that the little knickknack they had on their coffee table was a powerful weapon. Should all of these things go back to the witches? Or is possession 9/10 of the law, even with mystical objects?

Hahaha, Marcel and Elijah playing Aya was hilarious. Loved when Marcel got kind of pissy about Elijah almost ripping his heart out and Elijah said he was just in character. But I do wonder how long before Marcel becomes more interested in having his own group of vampires than being a Mikaelson ally. I hope not for a while because I like the Marcel/Elijah team up.

I also loved that Vincent had no time for Klaus and Cami's nonstop bickering. He was practically rolling his eyes at them.

Oh, Davina. So smart and then so dumb.

As soon as I saw that the other witch was secretly working for Aurora, I knew that Aurora was going to kill her. Yes, sweetie, she will release you from the coven, but not in the way that you think.

I also laughed when Vincent said that Cami stole "the one weapon" that could kill the Mikaelsons. That's like the third or fourth time we've had the one and only weapon that can kill an Original. At least Aurora was smart enough to carve the horse into little bullets so she wouldn't have to choose just one Mikaelson to kill. Heh, or maybe she just knows she has really bad aim.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Hahaha, Marcel and Elijah playing Aya was hilarious. Loved when Marcel got kind of pissy about Elijah almost ripping his heart out and Elijah said he was just in character. But I do wonder how long before Marcel becomes more interested in having his own group of vampires than being a Mikaelson ally. I hope not for a while because I like the Marcel/Elijah team up.

I also loved that Vincent had no time for Klaus and Cami's nonstop bickering. He was practically rolling his eyes at them.

So much both of these.  I like Marcel/Elijah and Vincent. Aya annoys me for some reason so I like her getting played

I'm one of the few who like Elijah with Hayley, but I did get great satisfaction seeing HER be jealous over him for once.

Why is Fraya an invisible witch all of a sudden?

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

You know I seem to remember another blonde thinking Klaus wouldn't hurt her.... than she got real personal with Gilbert's floor lamp.

What's up with klaus's hair? It certainly is in character for him recently making some bad life choices....

It was extraordinarily satisfying to see Campire get outplayed. Yes, Cammy, you can run Klaus, but you are still too babyvamp to understand the all the stakes. For once Klaus was completely correct when he said, "You should have trusted me."

And I'll never get tired of looking at Elijah. Or listening to him. "Sh-shh, grown-ups are talking." And even now he's getting outplayed by Marcel/Ava. Good times, good times. This show is much more interesting to me than TVD even though the characters are somehow more loathsome from a strictly moral point of view. I just like Mikaelsons, as crazy and violent as they are. They're witty, smart, fun to watch.

• Love 4

Does Camille think sorry is good enough after what she's done? She's so stupid, she walked right into half a dozen traps and got out played. I didn't think I could hate her as a vampire more than when she was human but that's not true. Jackson they kill, but we're stuck with this character?

I think Kol is totally returning, but which one will it be? If it's the original, he's not a lovey dovey character for Davina. He's more Klaus like, so he'll turn on her.

Loved Marcelle and Elijah's play acting and their banter when they were drinking and discussing it at the end. 

Glad they acknowledged Hope has been upset without Jackson, he's the one stable person and parent she had with her all the time. Realizing he's gone would be upsetting.

• Love 1

Does crazy Aurora know which bullets are made from White Oak and which are made from driftwood? Elijah seemed to imply that the Horsey of Death was carved from random pieces of wood.

I guess there's still hope for Klami. I think Campire has a right to be angry, but she solved her brother's murder and it was only a matter of time until more bad stuff happened to her. Should have left NO when she had a chance.

Dead witch of the week - That was a crappy plan. Go through all that trouble and then get bitten. You'd think she'd have some magical insurance policy like making the Horsey of Death catch fire if she were killed.

Edited to not get too personal.

Aya annoys me because she's always so freakin serious and she always has the exact same pissed off expression on her face. It's like she's "wooden angry vampire". I don't like characters with no sense of humor. You've lived thousands of years have a little self awareness and lighten the f$ck up lady.

Plus I don't understand the Strix. Tristan took over when? When did Elijah compel Tristan, Aurora and what's his face to think they were himself, Rebecca, and Klaus? I don't understand the timeline.

Edited by MissL

I think it's a bit insulting to imply Someone is annoyed with Aya simply because she is a woc. Aya annoys me because she's always so freakin serious and she always has the exact same pissed off expression on her face. It's like she's "wooden angry vampire". I don't like characters with no sense of humor. You've lived thousands of years have a little self awareness and lighten the f$ck up lady.

I think this is part of it for me.  But even this wouldn't be so annoying if she hadn't spent so much time idolizing Tristian whose douchery and smarmy egomania was so thinly concealed I can't understand how anyone could not be repelled by him (I find Elijah's one time tolerance of him equally baffling, but  he seemed to have wised up to it). Aya is apparently badass, beautiful, and smart, but she buys this elitist bullshit and could not figure out over 800/900 years that Tristan is megalomaniacal, sister obsessed, narcissist.

I did like her practicality once Tristan was trapped in the container.  And I didn't hate her response to Marcel winning.  So maybe she'll annoy me somewhat less now that Tristan has been removed from her. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

Sorry to say color has nothing to do with it for me so your opinion may be little presumptuous.

I also don't like Freya for some reason.

Many times for me it has something to do with certain characters' speech patterns one reason I didn't like Jackson either, but his was so obvious it was easier to explain.

As much as I love when Klaus gets knocked down a peg or twelve, I loved when he slammed Campire with how out of her league she really is, vampire or not. I seriously LOL'd when Vincent couldn't take their bickering anymore and just left, hee!

So does Aurora know that her beloved bro is at the bottom of the ocean? And where in hell is Lucien??  

Elijah shush'ing anyone is made of win for me. I like when Marcel is involved in a plan, I like the character and the actor and feel that Marcel gets the shaft most of the time. I really want both of them to clean house on the Strix, I know only a handful have had lines but they all seem so uppity to me. 

• Love 2

Edited to not get too personal.

Aya annoys me because she's always so freakin serious and she always has the exact same pissed off expression on her face. It's like she's "wooden angry vampire". I don't like characters with no sense of humor. You've lived thousands of years have a little self awareness and lighten the f$ck up lady.

Plus I don't understand the Strix. Tristan took over when? When did Elijah compel Tristan, Aurora and what's his face to think they were himself, Rebecca, and Klaus? I don't understand the timeline.

In the VD universe, Vampires are only hundreds of years old.

From what Elijah said earlier in the season, he turned Tristan into a vampire and compelled the three of them. The compulsion wore off the first time Elijah was daggered, maybe when Rebecca's hunter boyfriend daggered them all?

I'm not sure when the Strix were formed, or why Elijah only made decoys for him, Klaus and Rebecca.

In the VD universe, Vampires are only hundreds of years old.

From what Elijah said earlier in the season, he turned Tristan into a vampire and compelled the three of them. The compulsion wore off the first time Elijah was daggered, maybe when Rebecca's hunter boyfriend daggered them all?

I'm not sure when the Strix were formed, or why Elijah only made decoys for him, Klaus and Rebecca.

Yes sorry should have said hundreds, not thousands, of years but point still stands.:)

That's interesting thought on the daggering. That maybe means Elijah had to have seen Tristen after the compulsion wore off? But was he ever away from Klaus for very long......AND I am thinking too much about a show with vampires and witches and werewolves.

I see I'm not the only one who can tell that Cami is clearly not built for this vampire lifestyle. Of course she has her psychological penetration skills, but that's not nearly enough for a vampire to survive in supernatural New Orleans , as we have seen. It's not like the favor of the Mikaelsons is going to help her odds, as we have seen. Honestly, if she couldn't hold on to one piece of white oak, what makes her think she can protect hundreds of dark objects? Objects in which I would argue that she has zero claim to. It was Kol Mikealson who walked the wiches through making them. If anything they belong to the wiches. She's just making herself more of a target than she already is. Gee, it's funny how one of your favorite characters can become plot irrelevant in two episodes. As a young writer, I can't see a plot where she doesn't die in the near future. I wonder if she and Aurora are going to meet again.