Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Fast Lane

• Start Topic

Good episode.

Liked all the screen time that Iris got, but other than the street-racing kingpin conveniently tying into the group who 'killed' the meta, she still had pretty much no involvement with SL or the Flash team yet again.  I remember a time about 4 months ago - real time - when she was the one that basically pulled the team back together by getting Barry out of his rut.   Yet, other than some quick blink-and-you'll-miss-it bits here and there, she spends less time with the group than Jay Garrick, who is pretty much never around himself.

And I guess its only fair that Barry didn't go visit Iris during her hospital stay, seeing as how she never came around after Zoom literally broke him.   Seriously, what is it with these writers and their apparent contempt for showing even the basic forms of friendship - let alone anything more - between these two this season!?  [/rant]

A Harrison Wells with an actual conscience, and not just a put upon one.....  must be the Twilight Zone - or at least not one of this earth.

• Love 3

Almost nothing of interest in this episode. Iris is a preachy butt-in, don't care if Wally crashes and dies, Tar Pit was captured in the most anti-climactic scene ever and even Zoom looked somehow smaller in the scene where Harry gives him Flash's speed.

The only part of this ep that felt worth watching was Harry struggling with his decision to help Zoom, then confessing, then Barry (eventually, I mean come on, it took you a while to state the obvious) figuring out that Harry was in a tough spot, and now they are going to help each other. So maybe the last 10 minutes?

They could drop Wally and iris (at this point) and I wouldn't notice. 

Oh Joe your story of following in your father's footsteps was so heart warming. I loved that Iris' story about her career was just like yours...oh wait that's right Iris didn't become a cop  just like her dad because you did everything you could to destroy her hopes and dreams.

Liked all the screen time that Iris got, but other than the street-racing kingpin conveniently tying into the group who 'killed' the meta, she still had pretty much no involvement with SL or the Flash team yet again.

Exactly. So while she got more screen time I was not impressed with how she got it. They really couldn't have had one scene with her and Barry at the hospital?! CP is a terrific actress and when the writing isn't stupid Iris and Barry are good together. CP and GG have wonderful chemistry so the way they're keeping her so separated from everything Team Flash is so annoying. In fact the lengths they are going to to do this are ridiculous.  Cisco got an app for that on his phone for something that was right in Iris' wheelhouse. Keeping them updated on strange and suspicious sightings and activities seems like something an investigative reporter/metahuman blogger could do pretty well.

Edited by miracole
  • Love 7

ITA with most of the assessments I've read. This episode was better in terms of character development of Barry & Iris, but plot-wise, a bit of a dud.I think other than the episodes of 1.03-1.07, this was the first episode to show Iris actually acting like a reporter, going out to get her story and piecing things together to come to a logical conclusion. Her going to see the racing kingpin alone was foolish, but not completely out of character. How many times have Barry and Joe gone off half-cocked to deal with a baddie on their own when they should have gotten backup/cased out the situation first? What I liked about that scene is that it showed Iris will do anything to protect the people she cares about, much like her father. I think the heavy-handed nature of her arguments with Wally are a result of the show rushing things as usual. I mean Francine died AND apparently had a funeral off camera for god's sake just so we could focus more on...Barry whining about Patty not being there and being single again? Iris has been single for over a year in show time and you don't hear her bitching about it (not like the show would give her the screentime to do so anyways). Anyhoo, now that Iris has had this moment of maturity and a smidge of character growth, maybe now the show can allow her to have a storyline that not only actually intersects with Team Flash, but also is about her and not pushing someone else's plot. Wishful thinking.

ETA: I literally threw my hands up when we didn't see Barry anywhere to be found at the hospital with Iris. Really, show? First Iris MIA when Barry was broken (both physically and emotionally) by Zoom and now him not there when she had a potentially fatal puncture wound? I mean, not even a scene of him leaving when Wally shows up? Just nothing? Those kinds of things are so out of character it's comical.

I really liked Barry's speech (it was about time he remembered who he was last season - a hero) and that Harry finally stopped trying to lone-wolf saving Jesse. Now that they're all on the same page, maybe we'll actually see them working towards defeating the supposed seasonal baddie. I'm loving the stills from the next episode. I really hope Iris is given more fodder to work with since she wasn't part of the "trip to E2" discussion.

Edited by rogueprinzess
  • Love 4

I hear that DC: Cutting Room Floor is the next series in the works.

I would watch that since most of Iris' scenes seems to end-up there. If CP was a bad actress I would think they were trying to save us from bad acting but she's not. So......

• Love 4

I hear that DC: Cutting Room Floor is the next series in the works.

I'm sure it's spades better than what we've gotten this series. I've read that they've cut a lot of Cisco's scenes too. Two brilliant actors relegated to backest of the back of the line. Such a waste of great talent. Kinda wish CP & CV had been cast on Marvel shows these days...

• Love 2

That could be cool, really. Just grab all of the cut scenes and try to edit them together into a narrative. Heck, add in cut scenes from other shows, too.

I remember they did that with all the outtakes and dropped plot points of the movie 'Anchorman -- The Legend of Ron Burgundy' and made an entire 2nd film with a very different plot (called 'Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie' that was included on the DVD set, even though it wasn't near as funny as the main movie)

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

i remember they did that with all the outtakes and dropped plot points of the movie 'Anchorman -- The Legend of Ron Burgundy' and made an entire 2nd film with a very different plot (called 'Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie' that was included on the DVD set, even though it wasn't near as funny as the main movie)

Great. Now that I know this can happen, I wants it. BAD.