Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Elisabeth Markham

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So Liz was recruited to be on the show by Stephen Fishbach and like Stephen I can see her overstrategizing or overthinking things and that will lead to her boot, probably right around the merge.

• Love 1

So Liz was recruited to be on the show by Stephen Fishbach and like Stephen I can see her overstrategizing or overthinking things and that will lead to her boot, probably right around the merge.

Well, you were right about that, except she went way before the merge.  I wish it had been Peter, as I think Liz maybe would have gotten a clue and not been so unbearable post vote.  But Peter's probably going to pretend to fit in with his tribe while talking about what idiots they are in confessionals.  Because this vote went so according to plan.

I knew as soon as Liz said that whoever got voted off would expect it, she was going.  You might as well not wait for the vote and just let Jeff snuff your torch then.

• Love 1

She was just too much of a gamebot.  The people that don't realize that their is asocial and emotional side to this game usually don't last long and if they do they usually end up losing. Still though I would would have preferred to have seen Peter go.  I will be curious to hear Stephen's thoughts on this on RHAP tonight for his ex going home.

• Love 1
(edited)

She was just too much of a gamebot.  The people that don't realize that their is asocial and emotional side to this game usually don't last long and if they do they usually end up losing. Still though I would would have preferred to have seen Peter go.  I will be curious to hear Stephen's thoughts on this on RHAP tonight for his ex going home.

Considering who recruited her and what clique she belongs to, I'm not surprised this is how she came out and played the game.  Watching her at tribal tonight, I felt like it was all her and Peter could do to sit there and not jump up and dance around and reveal everything.  

Tonight's TC train wreck is the kind I like to see.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I wonder if she would have gotten evacuated had she stayed any longer.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1114721/interview-survivor-season-32-elisabeth-markham

Elisabeth Markham: [Laughs.] I got my share of the punishment. I had an infection that was pretty bad. I spent a few days in the hospital after I was voted out. That was no fun, but I'm OK. I didn't die.

SK: What kind of infection was it?

EM: A staph infection. Quite nasty. There was a bunch of skin on my shoulder and back they had to cut out. I had these big, gaping wounds that were kind of atrocious.

SK: So do you have permanent scars from this?
EM: I do have some scars. I had a pretty good plastic surgeon in America close up the wounds after I got home. I'm never gonna be completely scar-free, but I actually think they look kind of cool.

• Love 1

Dang.  That's some serious shit.  Cambodia is a beautiful place, but maybe it's too hardcore for Survivor.

Jeff said they'd never go back to Marquesas because of how bad the nono bugs were.  Considering Cambodia has nearly killed the castaways, I'd be surprised if they ever went back there (though I do agree, it is a beautiful place, and I liked the change of scenery from Nicaragua).

I am so glad that she got medical help before they spread even more! What a great attitude she seems to have-I have a lot of respect for her and what she went through. It really was a blessing that she was voted out when she did.

Blech.  I guess they really had to remove it deep to get it all for sure.  The scarring isn't bad, considering.  

I wish they'd never gone to Cambodia.  I'm surprised they did after the tragedy on the French version, not that the locale probably had anything to do with that one.  

It's probably a good thing I didn't design the show.  I would've just purchased a beautiful, temperate South Pacific or Caribbean island and made it the permanent location.  And during breaks between taping I'd make it an adventure vacation destination.  

Blech.  I guess they really had to remove it deep to get it all for sure.  The scarring isn't bad, considering.  

Holy shit, that was gross. But agreed that those scars aren't nearly as bad as one would expect from someone who had holes that huge in their skin. 

SK: What kind of infection was it?

EM: A staph infection. Quite nasty. There was a bunch of skin on my shoulder and back they had to cut out. I had these big, gaping wounds that were kind of atrocious.

SK: So do you have permanent scars from this?

EM: I do have some scars. I had a pretty good plastic surgeon in America close up the wounds after I got home. I'm never gonna be completely scar-free, but I actually think they look kind of cool.

Do they know how she contracted a staph infection? That is pretty serious under normal circumstances, let alone living in a dirty, damp jungle with no access to showers or any way to keep clean. 

Jeff said they'd never go back to Marquesas because of how bad the nono bugs were.  Considering Cambodia has nearly killed the castaways, I'd be surprised if they ever went back there (though I do agree, it is a beautiful place, and I liked the change of scenery from Nicaragua).

Now that we've already seen Second Chances where aside from that one challenge where Joe and Keith collapsed, it seems like they might have made adjustments based on the climate. Though I'm not sure what they could have done to prevent staph infections, so it was probably a risk to film there again. Hopefully they cross this locale off their list too...