Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Josh Gad vs. Kaley Cuoco

I DVR'd this and just starting watching.  I'm only about a minute in, but I had to pause and come post something here first.

Dipping my toe into the shallow end of the pool.....I need to get a screenshot of Kaley and tape it to the wall in front of my treadmill for motivation/inspiration. 

• Love 1

Josh Gad dressed as Donald Trump, singing "I Touch Myself." And then making out with Johnny Galecki.  Also dressed as Donald Trump.  I AM NOT OKAY!!!

I scared the cats screaming when I finally recognized Johnny...which wasn't until he came up for air.

I also just about shot iced tea out of my nose when Gad turned around with that giant Whitney Houston bow on his head.  Good lord.  Excellent episode, A++++, and that includes Kaley Cuoco's abs.

• Love 2

I scared the cats screaming when I finally recognized Johnny...which wasn't until he came up for air.

That's pretty much when I recognized him too.  It happened just when I didn't think that performance could get any better. 

Kaley's Brittany was pretty good.  Josh, though, was easily my favorite because while I like a good performance, I LOVE a clever performance.

• Love 1

I normally think of Josh Gad as an annoying Jonah Hill wannabe. (And I hate Jonah Hill.) That being said, he killed it on this show. His Donald Trump bit was hilarious. Kaley Cuoco's Britney impression was pretty good, too (and she could probably grate cheese with those abs), but Gad definitely won the night.

• Love 1

Josh said something about how he and Kaley had already met, but -- unless I missed it -- they never mentioned that Josh and Kaley costarred in the movie "The Wedding Ringer" (unless it's something they're both trying to distance themselves from?).  

Seeing Johnny Galecki made me wonder if he and Kaley are back together again.  I know they say they're just friends, but IIRC they were pretty much saying the same thing when they actually were together previously.

Great episode, although "Move Bitch" was, for me, the weakest part by far.  

Every episode I always zero in on Chrissy's abdomen when she first walks out to check for evidence of the baby bump.  This episode it looked like there might have been a teensy bump there.  :-) 

Just when this show couldn't get any better, it does! This was the best episode since the Tatum Vs. Tatum Season Premiere. I've never been a huge Kaley Cuoco fan, but she was great here. Her "Move, Bitch" was good, but her Britney was better, snake & all.

However, Josh Gad owned this episode. His take on Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know?" was hilarious with a bow on top. But nothing could top the batshit crazy awesomeness that was his Trump-inspired take on "I Touch Myself." IMO, Gad's Trump was the only Trump worth watching last night. I loved every mirror-dancing, chorus-line kicking, wrecking-ball riding, Johnny Galecki-kissing moment of it.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

I guess if my body looked like Kaley Cuoco's, I'd walk around in a bra top and shorts everywhere too, no matter how odd and out of place it looked on a singing show next to guys wearing jackets. I did think it was a very Julianne Hough sort of look (not a compliment, in my book, can't stand the Houghs). Oddly though, when she came out in the Britney wig, I could have sworn it was Jennifer Aniston.

Loved Whitney and Trump. Josh Gad can do no wrong in my book. Who won? My DVR cut off...

• Love 1

Josh won.  While LL was putting it on him (even though Josh said everyone knew it wouldn't fit)  Josh offered to give Kaley the belt since doing this was her dream.  And then he took it back in a psych! moment.  But was giving it to her at the end again.  It was a playful ending.

• Love 1

Does anyone know why they swapped episodes? This week was originally the guys from Undateable I'm just wondering why they switched I'd rather they got that one out of the way. Maybe they decided "hey it's sweeps time Lets air one with bigger stars Olaf vs Penny?

Does anyone know why they swapped episodes? This week was originally the guys from Undateable I'm just wondering why they switched I'd rather they got that one out of the way. Maybe they decided "hey it's sweeps time Lets air one with bigger stars Olaf vs Penny?

I do not know the answer to this. I just posted the next two pairings in "Playlist."

This was a bad matchup, as was the last one with Kevin and Olivia.  They paired up the wrong contestants.  They should have matched Kevin with Josh and Olivia vs. Kaley.  That way there would be only one bad episode, and one good one with Kevin and Josh.  The sad part is that both of the girls just seemed so excited to be in a lip sync battle, but then they perform it.  They are just so wooden up there.  Kevin and Josh know how to work the crowd.