Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: One Angry Veronica

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica's day goes from bad to worse as she is called for jury duty over a case involving two 09ers and a Hispanic woman, but finds that Neptune is even more divided than she thought. Meanwhile, Keith helps Lamb track down the missing sex tapes, the key piece of evidence in the Aaron Echolls trial."

The sex tapes being stolen and then finding out Logan has them is amazing in my opinion. It's so brazenly stupid but at the same time so delightfully chivalrous of him to still want to protect Lilly. I can't help it. I love Logan.

I like the whole experience of Veronica having jury duty and all but that part of this episode frustrates me because we're about halfway and I get antsy to see the plot move more and I feel like this episode is a bit of a stall. It's a great episode, but I remember watching it and feeling like I just wanted to skip to the next one because my main concern is Wallace coming home and will Logan go to jail and oh BUS CRASH! I mean it's a bit easier this time around knowing how it plays out but it's still annoying to have "filler".  

I love Logan, too.  I don't have much else to add about this episode, but I will agree that what he does with the tapes is so colossally stupid and yet well-intentioned.  

I always prickle at the moment where Logan says that Lilly was the "love of [his] life," though.  Please, boy, we know it'll always be Veronica.

• Love 2

WALLACE! So glad to see him back, he was sorely missed.

Yeah, this episode was definitely a stall. The 12 Angry Men schtick is fine but nothing really special or anything. Agree that Logan stealing the tapes is colossally stupid and also incredibly sweet. Leo's conversation with Keith about why he stole the tapes was touching; one thing I especially liked was the way that his sister's Down's was like the fifth thing he mentioned, which feels really true to a relationship like that but also not what you'd necessarily expect in that kind of conversation.

RIP Meg, I guess. Whatever.

• Love 2

So I was pretty shocked that Veronica would get on any jury, given her father used to be sheriff and just ran again (though lost), and is a private detective.  Relatives of police (even former police) are almost always dismissed from jury duty on a peremptory challenge.  But, that said,  I did like how they got through the evidence with almost no outside information.  But if the former football player was that much of a local hero and blew out his knee, I would think the prosecution would know that too.

I think its awfully convenient that Meg died, right after she tells Veronica to help the baby "if" she dies.  Also, even if Duncan has some mental problems, I don't think Meg's parents can control an adoption if Duncan doesn't agree and sign away his rights.  Even if he isn't considered a "fit" parent, his rights would not be completely taken away.  I also don't think there's enough evidence to support a finding that he's not a fit parent, at least not before he's given a chance to be a parent.  Duncan's got rich parents too, I'd think they'd help fight for their grandchild as well.

• Love 3

I think the point was that Duncan's parents were 100% against him having anything to do with the child; ie helping him try to get custody. If I'm remembering correctly. I agree with your assessments otherwise, though.

I snuck in a rewatch while folding 5 loads of laundry this weekend.  I had forgotten that in the jury trial it was initially  the one juror who had noticed all the small details and not Veronica.  Given some of the recent headline making trials, I was so disgusted by the rich CEO's blatant racism and willingness to forgive the boys. 

So, going to the whole Lilly-Aaron affair, do you think that Aaron did this to somehow get back at Logan? Aside from being amorous, what was Lilly's motivation?  This girl really got around- Logan, Weevil, and Aaron at the same time?

• Love 1
On 12/12/2016 at 9:44 AM, CurlyATX said:

So, going to the whole Lilly-Aaron affair, do you think that Aaron did this to somehow get back at Logan? Aside from being amorous, what was Lilly's motivation?  This girl really got around- Logan, Weevil, and Aaron at the same time?

I'm sure Lily was the instigator. She loved to be the manipulator; it was an ego-boost to her. She used her best weapon to win, that being her inflated sexuality.  Further, by seducing Aaron, she was getting back at her parents who favored her brother over her; he was the one being groomed for better things, not her.

I kind of assume that Logan, who went to great lengths to hide his abuse (good lord, man, crawl to the damn hospital and bleed on them) wanted to hide his humiliation when Aaron had sex with Lilly. It was consistent with his behavior.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2017 at 11:59 AM, Affogato said:

I kind of assume that Logan, who went to great lengths to hide his abuse (good lord, man, crawl to the damn hospital and bleed on them) wanted to hide his humiliation when Aaron had sex with Lilly. It was consistent with his behavior.

Never thought about it that way. I assumed he did it to protect Lilly, but it was probably more of a combination of wanting to protect Lilly's memory and protect himself from further humiliation. Good point!!

On 2/16/2014 at 12:11 AM, Dougal said:

WALLACE! So glad to see him back, he was sorely missed.

Yeah, this episode was definitely a stall. The 12 Angry Men schtick is fine but nothing really special or anything. Agree that Logan stealing the tapes is colossally stupid and also incredibly sweet. Leo's conversation with Keith about why he stole the tapes was touching; one thing I especially liked was the way that his sister's Down's was like the fifth thing he mentioned, which feels really true to a relationship like that but also not what you'd necessarily expect in that kind of conversation.

RIP Meg, I guess. Whatever.

I know I am supposed to be Team Logan or Team Duncan but they are both kinda awful and I love Leo (Max Greenfield is so likeable). Agree that it was really nice to have him talk about his sister's personality first. It felt more authentic.

On 12/30/2014 at 5:36 PM, Hanahope said:

So I was pretty shocked that Veronica would get on any jury, given her father used to be sheriff and just ran again (though lost), and is a private detective.  Relatives of police (even former police) are almost always dismissed from jury duty on a peremptory challenge.  But, that said,  I did like how they got through the evidence with almost no outside information.  But if the former football player was that much of a local hero and blew out his knee, I would think the prosecution would know that too.

I think its awfully convenient that Meg died, right after she tells Veronica to help the baby "if" she dies.  Also, even if Duncan has some mental problems, I don't think Meg's parents can control an adoption if Duncan doesn't agree and sign away his rights.  Even if he isn't considered a "fit" parent, his rights would not be completely taken away.  I also don't think there's enough evidence to support a finding that he's not a fit parent, at least not before he's given a chance to be a parent.  Duncan's got rich parents too, I'd think they'd help fight for their grandchild as well.

The lawyers definitely failed on several levels. 

Agree that an involuntary termination of parental rights requires a lot more than they seem to have. Interestingly, I am not sure it was even kidnapping. He was the sole surviving parent and would get default custody barring some legitimate showing in Court that he shouldn't. This plot point would have made more sense if Meg was alive but incapacitated or something. Grandparent rights don't override parental rights. Maybe I missed something.

I was surprised that Veronica wasn't suspicious regarding Meg's death after she basically said she was in danger. At the time of their discussion there was no reason to think she would develop a blood clot. 

• Like 1