Type keyword(s) to search

Matt Lauer: Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

On 10/9/2019 at 8:10 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

The woman who accused Matt of rape came forward and told her story to Ronan Farrow:

I hope this puts an end to Meredith, Hoda and Savannah making comments about how much they like Matt.  Hell, Meredith just told People she talks to him all the time.

They need to clean house at NBC News and Today, behind the scenes, the higher ups and the on air talent.  If the producers and interns knew, then Meredith, Al, Hoda, and everyone who worked with Matt during that time period knew. 

It was just reported on Inside Edition that Meredith and Matt have not spoken for two years--not since the day he was fired. After Brooke Nevils confided to Meredith about her rape, Meredith urged Nevils to get an attorney and go to HR and Lauer was fired the next day.

• Love 4
On 10/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, Pickles said:

It was just reported on Inside Edition that Meredith and Matt have not spoken for two years--not since the day he was fired. After Brooke Nevils confided to Meredith about her rape, Meredith urged Nevils to get an attorney and go to HR and Lauer was fired the next day.

I read that, too. Although, I had read or Meredith said it in an interview that she still talked to him. I don’t know what the real story is. I know Hoda & KLG were still in contact with him. I doubt they called the victims. They can’t be bothered with the help. The book drops on Tuesday and I’m sure more tidbits will come out. They might not of known about the alleged rape in general but I’m certain they turned a blind eye to all his cheating. They wanted to be in Matt’s club and were willing to deny, deny, deny. 

• Love 6

Matt Lauer had an affair with a ‘well-respected’ NBC star

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/15/matt-lauer-had-an-affair-with-a-well-respected-nbc-star/?_ga=2.77511125.1130511826.1567771806-93000535.1567554636

Disgraced “Today” anchor Matt Lauer allegedly had an affair with a famed and well-respected broadcaster, Page Six is exclusively told, representing a “clear imbalance of power.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/15/matt-lauer-treated-former-on-air-nbc-personality-like-hanging-piece-of-meat-farrow-claims/

I'm not sure on the rules of gossip on this board, but is this not public knowledge? I've even heard rumors for years that he fathered a child with the woman whom I'm assuming the post is about. Although, at this point, he may have had sexual contact with every female that's ever been associated with the show, so my assumption may be incorrect. So disgusted with him. 

On the plus side, it was super nice to turn on "Today" this morning & not have a Matt Lauer sexcapade at the top of the broadcast. 

4 hours ago, nkotb said:

I'm not sure on the rules of gossip on this board, but is this not public knowledge? I've even heard rumors for years that he fathered a child with the woman whom I'm assuming the post is about. Although, at this point, he may have had sexual contact with every female that's ever been associated with the show, so my assumption may be incorrect. So disgusted with him. 

On the plus side, it was super nice to turn on "Today" this morning & not have a Matt Lauer sexcapade at the top of the broadcast. 

Do you know who the woman is? 

I'm assuming the on-air personality Matt had the alleged affair with who left the network in 2012 is a current co-anchor on another network morning show.  I thought of her immediately, but I've seen people guess the woman @nkotb is referring to. 

I'm not sure if we can, or should, guess names, especially since the woman seems to have a pretty air tight gag order.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I'm assuming the on-air personality Matt had the alleged affair with who left the network in 2012 is a current co-anchor on another network morning show.  I thought of her immediately, but I've seen people guess the woman @nkotb is referring to. 

I'm not sure if we can, or should, guess names, especially since the woman seems to have a pretty air tight gag order.

Okay, I know who you mean. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I found this op-ed about Matt Lauer heartbreaking:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/601405/

I am reading Ronan Farrow's book. It is riveting. You cannot even imagine the scum of the earth that are Weinstein and Lauer and men like them. The top executives who turned a blind eye to Lauer's assaults--Lack and Oppenheim--are still at the network!! And good old Savannah and Hoda said that these men should not be fired and even helped get them promoted. So, don't buy their little crying act about Matt and how no one knew. EVERYONE knew. Oh, and Savannah writes her children's books with Lack's wife. Everyone is in bed with everyone else there. Disgusting.

• Useful 4
16 hours ago, Pickles said:

So, don't buy their little crying act about Matt and how no one knew. EVERYONE knew. Oh, and Savannah writes her children's books with Lack's wife. Everyone is in bed with everyone else there. Disgusting.

Yeah, I don't buy the "one big happy family" bit. 😝

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Matt Lauer supposedly has a new gf. Some marketing guru. They spent Christmas together in New Zealand. He owns a property there. I can't imagine any woman in her right mind wanting to be with him.