Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 First Look

Bella
  • Start Topic

Anyone know if they are going to just repeat it or if the first episode will be pick up with the 2nd half of the quickfire. I did kinda like that we did not get some long drawn out intro on the cheftestants and that they jumped right in.

Anyone know if they are going to just repeat it or if the first episode will be pick up with the 2nd half of the quickfire. I did kinda like that we did not get some long drawn out intro on the cheftestants and that they jumped right in.

They didn't give us any clue, did they? This was just a sloppily edited (IMO) segment from what seems to be the first episode. And the sloppy edit designation has to do with the abrupt ending and lack of context. They couldn't get Padma to do a 20-second voiceover?

I get "first looks" on other shows I watch, and they seem to just be the first segment of the show until the commercial, and then they cut to the next scheduled show. I was glad Grayson made the cut.  I was feeling premature second-hand embarrassment for her.

I was feeling premature second-hand embarrassment for her.

Seems like it happens a lot, other than Blais and Isabella in All Stars.

Jen embarrassed herself in All Stars and probably cost herself lots of $$ and jobs!

Stefan, CJ and especially Josie (altho she could not go much lower) did so in Seattle. I am surprised they let her come back, but she is certainly taking a risk.

• Love 1

I had minor feels for the man that I recognized from almost every professional cooking competition show on FN. Orange juice in the eye is not pleasant. And I like him- I was worried I wouldn't as he's been on every. professional. cooking. competition on FN, but he was upfront with that and presented himself on those shows as skilled, so I hope he stays through a few rounds.

Then there's his FN cooking competition show compatriot- she's bleached herself since FN but is also likeable. 

Okay- are there so few acclaimed professional chefs available on the west coast that we need multiple FN entries?

And I liked the sassy chef- sassiness be damned. Especially since she's from the greater KC area. 

Phillip is the guy with very long hair he wears in a topknot while cooking.  I liked him every time I saw him on FN shows.  He also turned up as a judge one time on Beat Bobby Flay so he must be respected in some circles.  I remember him saying that his wife is a pastry chef.  That might help him down the line.

I want to know the story behind Grayson coming back for a second shot. I didn't notice any other repeat chefs. Bring back Chris Crary if you're going to bring back anyone from that Texas season. I want eye candy.

Props--me too!  Who is the other person brought back?

I don't remember much of season 9 since I generally thought it was terrible, but I seem to recall that Grayson was one of the few bright spots along with Paul. I can't think of anything she did in particular, but I know she became more and more endearing and funny as the season went on. I usually dislike random returnees on my shows, but I'm fine with this one.

But yeah, are they even going to explain that one?

• Love 1

Do they think we won't notice her coming back?

In the little preview that showed up in my dvr, there is a moment where Tom and Padma say "welcome back". I am sure we will get some more backstory as we go along, but she was a total breath of fresh air in Texas and she stayed above the bitchy fray.

• Love 1

Nice, we get a First Look for next week. 

I love the theme of the Quick Fire.  Very clever and gives them a lot freedom.  Re create your best date in a dish.  Love Carl's, it seemed the most genuine.  

I hate to criticize Phillip because he gets enough from so many others and I like him, but I will.   His Quick Fire creation seems forced and designed to impress.  A four course tasting meal?  Oh come on.   He is irritating the others next week, too.  Not surprised. 

Oh Angelina.  What is going on with you?  'Tough street chick' is not the vibe anyone wants in a kitchen.  Her attitude is prevalent and pervasive in many other reality shows, which I don't watch.  MTV, take her away, please.   I was not surprised to hear that some miss Grayson which was a transparent way of saying Angelina should have gone home.  

I hate wedding challenges but this one may be okay since it is a gay wedding and hopefully be unique. 

I love Hugh A. He's like a baby Anthony Bourdain, all the sardonic shade without the William Burroughsy suburban hipster posturing, and he came up on the line (like Tom and Mike V - coincidence? I think not). I don't think I've ever heard him say something trite about food.