Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Holiday Special

My verdict: This battle was Joseph Gordon-Levitt's to lose. In boxing terms, this was "The Rumble In the Jungle," with Anthony Mackie as the George Foreman to JG-L's Muhammad Ali.   While AM and his junk were great on "2 Legit 2 Quit," JG-L's take on "Rhythm Nation" not only stole the show, it owned the show.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

I always thought I was alone in my fandom for the JGL lip-sync, so I am glad to see that he's getting the love. Everyone I know seemed drawn to Emma Stone on the Tonight Show battles - but my love was for SuperBass and "Pull me closer, Tony Danza."  His match with Stephen Merchant is by far my favorite.

In this ep, he did not disappoint. I brayed like a jackass at the hat pony. TEE!

The whole show was epic. Plus I loved that he looked like he was having such a good time!!! That goes for Mackie, too.

• Love 2

I have to give both AM and JGL credit for song selection, particularly for the big battle. 2 Legit 2 Quit vs. Rhythm Nation, two great songs with excellent choreography.  AM certainly came to fight.  His performance was top tier, and he would have beaten Merchant , Rock, and Fallon.  But JGL is the KING of Lip Sync.  His performance of Rhythm Nation would have beaten them all, except for maybe Hathaway.

Sad that Rogan didn't really come to battle.  He seemed to know all of the songs rather well, but he would have gotten destroyed in the dance portion.

• Love 3

I loved the look on Anthony Mackie's face when Rythmn Nation started. His jaw was literally dropped for half the song. I also liked Joseph and LL Cool Jay doing the 'Too legit to quit' hand signs in perfect unison by the bar. The whole thing was fun!

• Love 2

Missed the actual episode, but the songs are going viral on facebook, specifically because of JGL's Rhythm Nation. Damn, that was fantastic. He completely OWNED that song, and seemed to have lots of fun doing it. I wish they weren't cutting away so much so we could watch all the choreography dancing they were doing. He was taking it seriously, but obviously having an absolute blast doing it; you don't pull that sort of routine off unless you really LOVE the song and dance music. 

Too Legit was good, and a worthy contender. Angainst most other competitors/songs, it probably would have won easily. But it was completely blown away by JGL. 

• Love 3

I have to give credit to Anthony for going for 2 Legit 2 Quit (I can't even remember what his first song was.)  It was a big hit, but I never thought it was as iconic as U Can't Touch this.  He had the suit, the body suit (ooh boy the jokes alone on that) and the dancing.  Had it been against other contestants he probably would have won.  

Except he had to go against the master.  Meh, can't win them all. 

• Love 5

I have to give credit to Anthony for going for 2 Legit 2 Quit (I can't even remember what his first song was.)

It was "I Kissed A Girl."

For my money, this was definitely the best episode of the season. Even Chrissy Teigen was funny, saying that AM's costume for  2L2Q made him look like "the Black A.C. Slater." ITA that if AM's performance had been against almost anyone else this season, he would have crushed them. However, AM shouldn't have asked for a rematch against JG-L because he'll only get his ass kicked again.

• Love 1

They put some 360 videos of this up on youtube.

AM's was hilarious because you could see his performance from the side/back and from the first second he nearly lost his pants multiple times.  No wonder he was grabbing his crotch so much.  I think he deserves another shot at this.  Maybe up against Captain America. 

JGL is one of the most adorable, talented people on the planet. I've been a fan for a long time. That was literally amazeballs! I watched Rhythm Nation twice. That was insane! Too Legit to Quit was also amazing, but JGL did all of the original dance moves! He never broke character, either. Truly amazing.

I have to give both AM and JGL credit for song selection, particularly for the big battle. 2 Legit 2 Quit vs. Rhythm Nation, two great songs with excellent choreography.  AM certainly came to fight.  His performance was top tier, and he would have beaten Merchant , Rock, and Fallon.  But JGL is the KING of Lip Sync.  His performance of Rhythm Nation would have beaten them all, except for maybe Hathaway .

I would put him at thr top along with Alison Brie aas far as the combination of song choices, lip sync skill and stage performance.

• Love 1