Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Breaking Point/S03.E10: Never Give Up On Love

So, after Mike throwing Amanda, I was SHOCKED to not immediately see MTV's usual PSA about domestic violence...but then a couple commercial breaks later there it was. Good old MTV. I guess the disgust of all his fellow cast mates, his ostracization, and his tearful apology was not enough to show the audience how awful domestic violence is...they still had the good old PSA with link

I call bullshit on this. There is no way they could suddenly get it ALL right at the very last second. No way. And none of the "perfect matches" really even seem to like each other.

I could not agree more. There was no actual logic or flow to the matches they did choose. Completely fake and set up. 

• Love 1

I gelt bad for Mike! Amanda went off the rails and was clearly provoking him. From hitting him on the head repeatedly, to slamming down her bottle while channelling her inner ebonics and then fucking with the poor man while he repeatedly asked her to stop. If he had done that to her, he would have been a bully and a monster. Meanwhile everyone is making jokes about getting popcorn, and he is the one who gets in trouble.

• Love 4

I could not agree more. There was no actual logic or flow to the matches they did choose. Completely fake and set up. 

Did you even get the sense the Chelsea and Connor had anything more than a simple friendship? And Zach is gonna suddenly flip the script and fall for Kayla a day after professing his love to Hannah? And Chuck and Melanie? That makes ZERO sense. Chuck is still tapping Brittni anyway. 

• Love 2

I gelt bad for Mike! Amanda went off the rails and was clearly provoking him. From hitting him on the head repeatedly, to slamming down her bottle while channelling her inner ebonics and then fucking with the poor man while he repeatedly asked her to stop. If he had done that to her, he would have been a bully and a monster. Meanwhile everyone is making jokes about getting popcorn, and he is the one who gets in trouble.

Later in the episode, two of the guys shoved each other, but apparently that kind of violence is OK.

You don't mess with someone's sleep. No sympathy for Amanda.

And I refuse to believe that they made all the necessary leaps from realizing Stacey/Alec and Hannah/Zac were wrong to knowing who was right in one matchup. Nope!

• Love 3

just watched that part - OK SHE totally pushed him to the edge. He reacted poorly, but I kept thinking - why is no one separating them?

I know.... instead they were laughing at him when he asked for help. He should have gotten up and left, but this isn't like real life where you can actually leave. The whole thing made me feel gross.

• Love 2

I was disgusted that the domestic violence warning didn't come up after Amanda started abusing Mike. By waiting, they passively condoned her violence and made it look like Mike was the only one who carried any fault.

It's not OK that she threatened him, antagonized him, got in his face, thumped his head over and over, and hit him with a solo cup. If that had been Mike saying and doing those things to her, it would have played out much differently. It's not right.

Yes, Mike could have walked away when he was on the bed, BUT, he shouldn't have to, AND she kept following him anyway, ignoring his requests, aggressively invading his personal space, etc. Like someone mentioned upthread, this wasn't a typical situation where he really could just leave or walk away. 

I lived in domestic violence hell for years, so I'm the last one to defend an abusive person.  Amanda was out of control, and some may disagree,  but I see what Mike did as a form of self-defense (albeit a poor form of self-defense). 

I am much more disgusted with Amanda, the producers, and the rest of the cast for not coming to Mike's aid when Amanda was repeatedly accosting him. 

As others said, it makes me feel gross all the way around. 

• Love 4

Wow. This episode. Just wow.

Let's start with the abuse. It was not cool for Mike to do that, and I'm not a "victim" blamer but I agree with everyone on here. She was in his face, he asked her several times to just leave him alone. She was literally jumping on him hitting him in the face with a pillow. At some point if you continue to poke and poke and poke I think anyone would reach their boiling point. I assume that Mike had been drinking as they do in these reality tv set ups and that Amanda's accosting was over hours and hours. We saw Mike walk away from her repeatedly.  The fact that he left the show too I think was telling, he walked away from the money because he didn't like what being in that environment could do to him.

WTF was up with Zach? He is falling for Hannah to he wants to explore things with his perfect match in under 3 days? But then if you look at the moments when they are celebrating their win Zach is beside Hannah and Kayla off with the girls. I'm wondering if the producers needed a some of the perfect matches to seem like they actually were interested in eachother and that was the trade off for tipping the group off to the matches....because we all know there is no way that they figured that Shit on their own.

Did anyone else feel bad for Kiki? Typically Kiki would be the kinda girl that would annoy the shit out of me, but she just seemed so innocent and after being emotionally abused by Delvin and then him turning into the hero of the house and her turning into the outcast of the house where no guy really wanted to pick her. I don't know. It just made me sad somehow.

Does anyone know if they are doing a reunion with these clowns?

They're not doing a reunion. Serious bummer. There is a sort of "where are they now." I hope this isn't a spoiler, but

Zack and Hannah are still together according to it. And according to twitter, KiKi posted that she was still with Devin.

As well as Britni and Chuck.

Edited by OnceSane
added spoiler tags

Link please! I'm really bummed they're not doing a reunion. That's the best part of the show!

I know! That seriously sucks. MTV must have really not liked this cast. They didn't stretch out any of the episodes, combined the last two and no reunion show.

EDITED TO ADD: Here is the link to the where are they now post on MTV http://www.mtv.com/news/2511264/are-you-the-one-update-breakups/

Edited by printemps212
  • Love 2

I agree. I mean, I'm definitely against a guy tossing a girl, or doing anything physical, but clearly he reached his breaking point. Could she have behaved any more horrifically? I wanted to reach through my TV and punch her just to get her to shut up! And the housemates were saying he should walk away from her -- to where? Obviously she would have followed him -- she was standing at the foot of his bed just to harass him. SHE should have gotten in trouble for smashing that cup against his head, AND for hitting him the face with a pillow, which are both violent gestures. Pillows in the face are not always harmless -- take it from someone who wears hard contact lenses. Then her unmaking his bed while he's in it -- that's physical, too. She's a hothead and an idiot. No sympathy for the harpy from me.

And later, two guys are throwing hard objects at each other, and one shoves the other, and they remain in the house. Production -- it needs to be equal! I'm still surprised the guy earlier in the season who smashed his fist through the door didn't get tossed.

I was disgusted that the domestic violence warning didn't come up after Amanda started abusing Mike. By waiting, they passively condoned her violence and made it look like Mike was the only one who carried any fault.

It's not OK that she threatened him, antagonized him, got in his face, thumped his head over and over, and hit him with a solo cup. If that had been Mike saying and doing those things to her, it would have played out much differently. It's not right.

Yes, Mike could have walked away when he was on the bed, BUT, he shouldn't have to, AND she kept following him anyway, ignoring his requests, aggressively invading his personal space, etc. Like someone mentioned upthread, this wasn't a typical situation where he really could just leave or walk away. 

I lived in domestic violence hell for years, so I'm the last one to defend an abusive person.  Amanda was out of control, and some may disagree,  but I see what Mike did as a form of self-defense (albeit a poor form of self-defense). 

I am much more disgusted with Amanda, the producers, and the rest of the cast for not coming to Mike's aid when Amanda was repeatedly accosting him. 

As others said, it makes me feel gross all the way around.

Well said. Me, too, it made me feel gross. The way everyone was rushing to Amanda's defense, like she was some innocent in the whole affair, left a bad taste in my mouth. Verbal abuse is ALSO abuse, show!

This whole finale was SO BOGUS. I don't believe for a minute that they got it right on their own. I really wanted them to lose -- why reward bad behavior, foolish choices, and stupidity? It doesn't sit right with me. I didn't feel happy for them (well, I like Rashida, but I sure don't want her to end up stuck with Devin, yuck.)

Did I hear right? Did I hear Mike telling Amanda that another girl was also a hothead, like he was, implying Amanda was less so? Wow.

BTW,

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 2

I wonder if the producers are the ones who gave them scenario 1 and 2 and told them it was one of those effectively giving them a 50#50 chance...because they simply did not have enough information from their previous match ups and truth booths mathematically to figure it out reliably and solve it in week 10 like they did

It.certainly.makes.it.less.exciting.for.me.to.watch.next.season.knowing.they.will.get.the.cash.regardless.of.how.dumb.they.are

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 2

I finally watched the final episode(s).  So many producer shenanigans on the ending.  There's no way they did that on their own.  Either the producers gave them scenarios 1 & 2 or somehow they came up with two situations on their own and the producers figured that since none of their matches were absolutely mathematically wrong, they'd light up all the lights and pretend those were the real matches.    I mean, I'm a fairly intelligent individual and even with the chart I've been working on the whole season I only figured out four matches (and frankly those were educated guesses).  There is zero possibility that those idiots got it right 100% on their own with what little info they had. 

I think the producers should have let them fail. I would have been interested in a Season 4 if they had, knowing that it wasn't such a sham. Last season's ending was shady but this year is ridiculous.  Total shenanigans. I'm done.

I hope amanda knows what a shithead she actually is for playing the victim.  She deserved to be tossed out the window for all that shit was doing to Mike.

But Mike didn't get kicked out, he chose to leave.  But I was really disappointed in how Chuck acted towards him after that happened.  

You can not do that to a guy and then act the victim when he finally lashes out. For someone who stated he had a temper, he remained so cool during the entire thing until the last second.  What a bitch she is. 

I didn't even watch the match-ups and now I'm super bummed that there is no reunion!

• Love 1