Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Mommie Dearest

Who the hell gets into a shower and then turns it on? Man the Dean must have awesome hot water on demand.

While I agree and cringe when movies/shows do that (because my water is supercold at first), it was an homage to Psycho and they were recreating the scene (almost shot for shot).

And speaking on that scene, I kind of wish they had killed the Dean. JLC is awesome in this role but I feel her usefulness has run out especially since she revealed what she knows about that night. The other reason is because I need some main characters to die. Candle girl was a goner from the beginning and it was just a matter of time. I think all we have left now are "regulars" so maybe a few of them will be taken down soon.

And I still believe Chanel #1 is the tub baby and that British frat boy is the 3rd killer. If there are twins, maybe Boone is the boy.

Edited by xander874
  • Love 1

Hey, I get in the tub before turning the water on for the shower, but I do stand to the back and wait for it to warm up. haha. But really, who wants to watch someone on TV sit and wait for their water to warm up? They have to cut corners.

I kind of like how they are slowly revealing the killers. We now know that Boone and Gigi are on the kill team, though, interesting because I kind of thought Gigi was calling the shots and two young studs were her killers, but Boone makes it sound like someone else is in charge. Maybe there is a Satanic Charlie and this is just like Charlie's Devils. Three young pretty people running around but instead of solving crimes they are killing people. haha. I peg Munch as the faceless, nameless Charlie. I kind of want Boone and Hester to be the twins and she is the other Red Devil.

This show, though it started pretty terribly, has become moderately entertaining.

• Love 1

I got a serious kick out of Oliver Hudson's 1995 frat boy outfit. It looked pretty dead-on.

I can't tell if they were trying to suggest he had longer hair, because he did have hair sticking out of the backwards cap. Which would have been funny, because he did used to keep longer hair as a younger guy.

"Joaquin Phoenix". Man, that was great.

As a guy who used to work at Bath and Body Works, the candle stuff was hilarious.

• Love 1

I got a serious kick out of Oliver Hudson's 1995 frat boy outfit. It looked pretty dead-on.

I can't tell if they were trying to suggest he had longer hair, because he did have hair sticking out of the backwards cap. Which would have been funny, because he did used to keep longer hair as a younger guy.

LOVED that!! Yep, dead on as a sorority girl of the mid 1990s. Wish they'd get Gigi's clothes correct. Hers are out of the 80s.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 1

LOVED that!! Yep, dead on as a sorority girl of the mid 1990s. Wish they'd get Gigi's clothes correct. Hers are out of the 80s.

I know!  I can't decide if it's a miss on the show's part or intentional in some way. 

I feel like you might have gotten away with her clothes in 1992, but by 1993/1994, it seemed like it was all about the spaghetti-strap babydoll dresses worn over a short-sleeve white shirt and combat boots or Mary Janes. Colors had been completely subdued by then.

I think it might be kind of intentional, because it seems like they're better at dressing the others in the past flashback sequences, especially Oliver.

Edited by methodwriter85

Has anyone noticed that in the last couple of episodes, #3 has been touching her earmuffs at a pivotal point as if someone is listening/talking to her through them?

I noticed it this episode and wondered thought maybe Chanel was listening in, but then it wasn't mentioned. If it's been happening every episode though maybe we'll find something out eventually.

Who the hell gets into a shower and then turns it on? Man the Dean must have awesome hot water on demand.

The whole GPA talk was also weird. First semester isn't over, the college is closed, and Grace has been in danger form a serial killer for most the semester. A 1.4 isn't worth committing someone over in this, or really any, situation. (And my god were Gigi's pants hideous this episode!)

ETA: Lol-- and now a character in American Horror Story Hotel just got into a shower without turning it on, too. Does Ryan Murphy not know how showers work?

I thought the same thing about the shower :P "Oh man, that water must be freezing!" but liked how it all ended up.

I wondered with the GPA thing if Gigi just made it up. It sounded like a lie.

I thought it was an obvious hint that Grace and Pete were the babies when they went to get the painting but with how the episode ended, maybe not.

And I wondered whether Gigi was the 3rd attacker at the Dean's place because they had such dainty little hands.

I love bitchy characters so Chanel is alright with me. Emma Roberts excels at that type and I enjoy her every time. And her insults towards Grace are hilarious. Wasn't there something about her bowling ball head? I don't know, but she cracked me up all episode.

Denise is everything. Her weight crack to #5 was lol funny.

Loved jlc as usual.

Poor Zayday. That flashback made me sad.

I still enjoy the show very much.

Also, I now kind of get why people watch those YouTube videos. I'm not into candles at all but there was something strangely relaxing about listening to her talk about them.

• Love 1

I know about the fake ass. She did lose weight though. Either for her wedding or her health, she is way smaller than her Reno 911/Clean House days

Yes it was confirmed i. small article in Us Weekly a few months ago. She's lost a good amount (not that she was ever fat!) but is quite the fitness and clean eating junkie now.