Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah. Lance died when Grant Wilson came to town 15 years earlier - 2031.  I am not sure I would read too much into it though.  This episode is supposed to be sort of a "ghost of Christmas future" episode.

• Love 3

Well yes presumably Sara and Ray will make it back to 2016 and either be there when the big fight goes down (and I just want to say that I knew there was no way the Canary and ATOM didn't make a difference in the timeline) or warn them about what's coming so the war for Star City will turn out differently. 

I'm just saying that it might be telling that since Slade's son seems to have heard of Det. Lance - that implies Quentin might have been around when the kid came to town.  On the other hand - no mention of Laurel at all except that she's "gone."  Which means she totally could have died THIS year, in a few weeks.

• Love 1

4.17 is titled Beacon of Hope.  Does Oliver re-enter the mayoral race?  I know there appears to be a set-up for some campaign celebration maybe (lots of balloons) in 4.18.

I know this show races through plot, often to it's detriment IMO.  Question for everyone...Do you think Malcolm will be taken down this year or is he being set up to be the big bad for S5?  Dhark is being dethroned from the Genesis project in 4.16.  Looks like Malcolm is taking over.  He's only now becoming OQ's sworn enemy.  I have thought since 4.01 he was the him in the flash forward.  As much as they love JB will this be over by 4.23?  

Ok if these show runners are double checking with each other at all......LoT just pushed the chances of the death being Laurel up A LOT.

The episode was written by MG and Ray Utarnachitt.

But it's only a number of possible futures.  Remember, in The Flash, there was a merger between Queen Inc and Wayne Industries. Since it's Smoak Tech on LoT, that argues that Felicity never married Oliver, or at least never took his name.

The episode was written by MG and Ray Utarnachitt.

But it's only a number of possible futures. Remember, in The Flash, there was a merger between Queen Inc and Wayne Industries. Since it's Smoak Tech on LoT, that argues that Felicity never married Oliver, or at least never took his name.

Queen Inc and Smoak Tech could co-exist in The Flash timeline. Felicity doesn't necessarily have to be the owner of both companies.

4.17 is titled Beacon of Hope.  Does Oliver re-enter the mayoral race?  I know there appears to be a set-up for some campaign celebration maybe (lots of balloons) in 4.18.

I know this show races through plot, often to it's detriment IMO.  Question for everyone...Do you think Malcolm will be taken down this year or is he being set up to be the big bad for S5?  Dhark is being dethroned from the Genesis project in 4.16.  Looks like Malcolm is taking over.  He's only now becoming OQ's sworn enemy.  I have thought since 4.01 he was the him in the flash forward.  As much as they love JB will this be over by 4.23?  

Re-entering the race definitely seems possible to me.

I think he's going to be the big bad in S5, unfortunately. I prefer him as a bad guy rather than a sort-of ally, but overall, I just want him gone. For me he's much worse than LL, bc nowadays she just screws up most of her (few) scenes or stands in the background; whereas Malcolm turns Oliver and Thea into total morons.  

• Love 2

I didn't think what happened on LoT even matters for Arrow. I just assumed it was a 'what if' kind of episode.

I just think the fact that they implied that certain people - Diggle most of all - live on beyond the death that's happening in a few episodes probably is a clue of who is NOT in the grave at the very least.

If I'm right, that would seem to indicate Laurel is in the front running.

I just think the fact that they implied that certain people - Diggle most of all - live on beyond the death that's happening in a few episodes probably is a clue of who is NOT in the grave at the very least.

If I'm right, that would seem to indicate Laurel is in the front running.

Could be, I suppose. I guess I just always thought it was a hypothetical future.

And I really don't think Laurel is in the grave. It's Quentin. He's even getting flashbacks. I mean, Moira had her own flashbacks in the episode she died. This show is too predictable to do anything else.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Could be, I suppose. I guess I just always thought it was a hypothetical future.

And I really don't think Laurel is in the grave. It's Quentin. He's even getting flashbacks. I mean, Moira had her own flashbacks in the episode she died. This show is too predictable to do anything else.

LOL I would not be one bit surprised if you are right, but I'm seeing more hints that it could be Laurel than I ever thought I would see.  I really don't want her to die because of Malcolm, but I'm almost at the point where I won't be shocked if they do it.  Earlier this season, I would have been stunned.

How do we know they're Quentin's flashbacks? Was there a spoiler out there? If it's just because of the pic he posted, he had that shitty hair in the flashbacks from S3 - they could be Laurel's from around that time.

There is not one single story reason that would ever make me think it's Laurel, bc by story it should have been Laurel the last three years. BUT, KC's been squirrelly on social media. So yeah, I think there's a good chance it's her.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

If Oliver decides to continue with campaign to be mayor now that his numbers are up and DD is in jail and powerless and Parker Young is back, who is going to fund it?  

It would be really tacky to ask Felicity to keep funding it.  But I wouldn't put it past this show.

If Oliver decides to continue with campaign to be mayor now that his numbers are up and DD is in jail and powerless and Parker Young is back, who is going to fund it?  

It would be really tacky to ask Felicity to keep funding it.  But I wouldn't put it past this show.

I actually want it to be Felicity. I want her to offer and say no matter what happens she believes in him and his potential. I think not only would it be true to FElicity, but it would also help with audience perception

• Love 5

Weeeeell...we talk about audience perception but we don't really know the general audience reception. We only know online perception and I think most of us remember the boo boo reception Felicity had in season 3. And she still gets raucous applause at public meetings.

Oliver can go beg MM for money.

• Love 1

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that a fan has asked MG on social media when we'd be getting LL flashbacks, and his response seemed to confirm we would be getting some this season. So the flashbacks may in fact belong to her, not QL.

• Love 3

My theory for awhile has been that MM is going to be the big bad in either s5 or s6, whenever they decide to end the flashbacks. Because that will be the penultimate season that GA's hero journey is complete and its only appropriate that he kill his archrival (which in the comics I've been told is the Dark Archer).  I don't think Arrow will be done with MM or JB by the end of this season - even if he is the "big bad". I do wonder though if MM is going to go on the run at the end of the season, so that allows them to bring him back when they have to do less pretzeling of character & plot. I think even they got a little tired of finding a reason why MM is there.

so many theories about the person in the grave, many hope will be laurel after all, maybe you are right, it would not be the first time that fans of the theory into reality, anyway, i hope we will have an official confirmation of the actor left Arrow before the episode of the death is broadcast, although I doubt it

At this point we know so little about the back half of the season that she could be playing anybody. But I'm not clear whether SA's tweet meant that she has just  been cast or that she has already started shooting? 

IIRC, Caity Lotz answered a casting call for someone named "Lisa" when she auditioned for Sara Lance, presumably so that people who follow such things wouldn't get a heads-up that they were casting for Sara. So, the casting call name wasn't ever really anything to go by. This "Rebecca" could have a name we'd recognize by the comics, so they're hiding it. Or maybe they haven't decided on a name for her yet. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

The only Rebecca I can remember from Arrow is Rebecca Merlyn. Why would anyone assume it would be her?

No one is assuming it's Rebecca Merlyn.  The TV Line article mentioned a casting notice for 419 that had a character named Rebecca that escaped from a cult. The role was a possibly recurring one, TV Line Suggested that Krissy from SPN could be filling that role.

As for the name, "Rebecca" it could very easily be a fake name, Arrow has a habit of doing that, not just with CL but with Ted Grant etc.  "Krissy" could be playing a DC comics character and that's why they're being secretive or it could be nothing.  Let's not forget that "mama smoak's" name was kept secret for awhile which resulted in tons of speculation that she was a DC Comics character.

With this show it could go either way, she could be a recognizable DC Comics character or a nobody that the internet is making a huge deal out of because they have no information.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

If the Pap knows her characters name and her and SA have already talked, she is probably shooting now.

Or her and SA talked in the audition process. If she auditioned with SA I think there is a good chance her role is bigger than just an episode. Possibly going into S5.

If they ever announce s S5.

They definitely made Thea into mia-lite but I wouldn't put it past them to still introduce her since there is still enough difference between the two. But if she is a comic character and not an original, i think either Mia or Artemis. Raven would fit the description but she is probably off limits.

I'm super sure "Thea" and "Laurel" were a case of the CW marketing monkeys telling the EPs they needed hip names for post-post-Millennials, because "Dinah" and "Mia" are their grandmothers.

In Laurel's case, this is definitely true. I think MG answered a Tumblr ask about it or something?

• Love 1

I've already posted my comments in the Mind Your Surroundings thread on why I think that no one was eliminated as a grave suspect in last night's LoT episode.

From the casting description of Madison McLaughline's possibly recurring role, she might be a "Sin" equivalent character for Laurel to mentor going forward - which would argue against her being the one in the grave.

Because Quentin is at the top of a lot of grave lists, I think the anvils are going to drop hot and heavy for Laurel and/or Diggle until 418, so they can "shock" us with Quentin's death.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

In Laurel's case, this is definitely true. I think MG answered a Tumblr ask about it or something?

I vaguely remember that too. Also, there was an interview from before the show even premiered in which Kreisberg admitted Thea was created because it's the CW and they needed a teen girl. I actually always thought it was a great move that they picked a name that rhymes with Mia for kicks.

• Love 2

I've already posted my comments in the Mind Your Surroundings thread on why I think that no one was eliminated as a grave suspect in last night's LoT episode.

From the casting description of Madison McLaughline's possibly recurring role, she might be a "Sin" equivalent character for Laurel to mentor going forward - which would argue against her being the one in the grave.

Because Quentin is at the top of a lot of grave lists, I think the anvils are going to drop hot and heavy for Laurel and/or Diggle until 418, so they can "shock" us with Quentin's death.

I had the opposite reaction. I thought they may be adding a pretty young female character because they are losing one.

I hope she isn't Olivers surprise half sister. It would be repeating a lot of beats they already hit with Thea and Roy.

• Love 1

Ugh... please tell me that Madison McLaughlin's character isn't going to be the new Black Canary and that they aren't going to duplicate what I've heard is the comics' big age difference between BC and GA.

Maybe...the girl could be someone like Sin.  Since Sin is in her own show now, she probably doesn't have time to come back.  I can see them setting up next gen superheroes.  I think it makes sense the next step in the show would be him mentoring young superheroes and send them out in the world...I mean, assuming after he figure out the whole superheroing thing himself and getting his life back together.  

Edited by ComicFan777

Ugh... please tell me that Madison McLaughlin's character isn't going to be the new Black Canary and that they aren't going to duplicate what I've heard is the comics' big age difference between BC and GA.

I'm sorry, but this is the funniest spec I've heard so far.

• Love 3