Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

This episode gave such good Oliver that I'm kinda expecting Oliver to go visit the demon spawn next week, and ruin everything.

Hopefully the kid's terrible mother will turn him away BECAUSE HELLO, AN EVIL DUDE IS SHOOTING AT YOU AND THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE.

• Love 3

Hopefully the kid's terrible mother will turn him away BECAUSE HELLO, AN EVIL DUDE IS SHOOTING AT YOU AND THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE.

I don't really see the writers being that self-aware of their ginormous plot holes. Felicity's in a good place now, he could easily take a day.

I don't know, I sort of feel like if Oliver DID bring up what happened to Felicity as a reason he didn't tell her (because he realized that he definitely wasn't going to be in that kid's life), she'd probably point out that telling her would have actually helped keep the kid safe, so I don't know that adding that would deepen Oliver's case. But basically: I don't expect this breakup to feel entirely...right, because the lie that started the process didn't feel right. So the foundation is shaky and I'm just assuming the breakup is going to feel flimsy.

To me, the fact that, other than the missteps in 408 and 410, they are nailing Olicity in every other way means that the reconciliation won't feel flimsy, and that's all I really care about. I just want to believe that they would get back together, and at this point, she could have all the reason in the world to get mad at him, and it would still make complete sense to me that she would get over it and get back together with him because they're just...really great together. /onashipperhigh

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 21

Well, yeah the break up will probably feel flimsy.  I mean, Felicity in the cross-over felt wrong, Barry just assuming they broke up (rather than had a big fight) felt wrong, and the ridiculous promise/lie felt wrong.  I'm just so over this stupidity.  I don't watch a ton of television and very rarely deal with ships (I used to watch Once and they just used things like magic and curses to keep ships apart) but can someone please tell me we don't have to have a break up every season from now on - do we?

• Love 2

Oh, I don't need more than the lie, I'm just assuming crash positions. I can accept the lie as the breakup trigger because I know it's an artificial breakup that will last either until May Sweeps, or until next season's November Sweeps. I'm just gonna grit my teeth and wait for it to be over.

• Love 6

Haha, yeah, but he doesn't even need to see the spawn, just trying sets up the web of LIES LIES LIES.

WE don't need to see the spawn for OLIVER to see the spawn, either.

Alex: Where were you Saturday? I called you to go over our plan for blah blah campaign thing?!?

Oliver: [looking shifty] I had...stuff to do.

At this point, now that I'm assured of a breakup, I don't have a huge problem with a reconciliation. I mean, it's probably going to be forced and too fast, but as long as she dumps him, he may actually learn. That's enough for me.

And then they'll redo all this bullshit in S5.

Given Oliver's speech, I'm really wondering about that offer from Nyssa.

I had this theory the other day! She'll offer him something that might help Felicity walk again. 

Unchained better not disappoint me, what with Amandes, Roy and A.W.O.L. firing me up!

So someone needs to detonate the bomb on site. So whoever survives should be off of deathwatch, right?

• Love 1

Unchained better not disappoint me, what with Amandes, Roy and A.W.O.L. firing me up!

So someone needs to detonate the bomb on site. So whoever survives should be off of deathwatch, right?

Stephen has the potential of being partially right. 

410-13 may not be special, but 411-413 has the possibility of being S4s bright spot. 

COME ON PULL THROUGH FOR ME SHOW

• Love 6

Oh, I forgot about that. 4x11 really works in his favor. I didn't walk away thinking, oh that was a good episode of S4. It was that's an excellent episode of Arrow period. 

Has anyone else try to catch glimpses of the Calculator in the trailer? All that I've, sadly, managed to come away with is light hair. Either grey or blondish. But the shot was nice.

ETA: Oliver's totally going to let Felicity know about the cure while they're broken up. Magic herbs, anyone?

Edited by bijoux

Aww look LL behind Felicitys computer. x.x

https://twitter.com/DamnTurtle1/status/692641722975674368

Roy, baby! So he's been hitting up multiple tech companies for the Calculator. And I like his and Curtis' interactions already. I don't want to hurt you. -I don't want you to hurt me either. LOL I like all of this. And Felicity will recognize him. Good, good things.

Why in God's name does Oliver want a sit down with Darhk? Unless they've found something they think they can drug him with.

Maybe Felicity's at work when Laurel and Dig are at the computers. A week is more than enough time for Oliver to build a ramp.

• Love 1

Cant Felicity have anything on her own. Goddamnit.

But it is her own thing. The show has stated multiple times how none of the others are capable of what Felicity's doing. There's no point in making the others completely useless when it comes to computers. As long as they're not hacking into companies and government computers, I'm fine with them tracking people down (because let's be real, Felicity probably created an application for that for the others to use)

• Love 4

They are already using her space for practice. I need her to yell at them!

That would be most welcome. Though I'm sure that they wouldn't dare do it when she's back. No one is currently afflicted with a death wish. As for Laurel or anyone else having basic computer competencies, I'm with wonderwall. There's no reason why they shouldn't know the basics. Felicity's got to go to work and to the bathroom sometimes.

• Love 4

I guess being ADA is a cushy job then. Where LL gets off all the time.

I am petty because no more Felicity out in the field this season and now everybody is there around her work area.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 8

Shit. I'm not happy about this possible death of Katana. I'm going to have to rethink my burgeoning excitement about enjoying the F out of that Suicide Squad movie because, based on the trailers, it looks like it might turn out fun. But Arrow's Tatsu is fantastic and I like her too much to lose her because DC thinks audiences are too dumb to be able to separate the two universes. Ugh, DC. Fail.

After Last night's episode I REALLY hope Katanna isn't killed. Them killing Waller, Katanna and POSSIBLY Laurel in one season would earn them more deserved Backlash

• Love 1

I think Nyssa will just go to Tatsu and ask for help with Malcolm. Tatsu will say no she lives in peace now or something. Nyssa gets angry so we have a girl on girl battle but we won't see the outcome. Nyssa will then come ask Oliver for help-promising or threatening him. That way Katana will seem out but still have the potential to come back. Amanda had to die for Lyla to become head of Argus. I know they have killed every other SS member but I have to hold out hope. 

And Laurel is so not going to die.

Edited by tarotx

I had this theory the other day! She'll offer him something that might help Felicity walk again. 

I had that thought as well but i can't make the timing work.  Nyssa makes the offer in 413 but we know that Felicity is still in the wheelchair in 414.  Nyssa does come back in 415 so if that's the offer, it's possible that Nyssa helps Felicity in 415, we don't have any information on if Felicity is still in the Wheelchair for 415 or 416 (that I'm aware of).

Of course, I still don't understand how any of this plays into SA's comment that the Nyssa/Oliver marriage will play a pivotal role?

Malcolm is still alive and Nyssa is not the head of the LOA. Those are the two things that Nyssa wants.

Maybe Nyssa and Oliver will be filmed talking together and pictures released at the Debate. If Oliver does see the boy-maybe Oliver stops by a hockey game or whatnot and we see him congratulate the boy. Not really a see the boy but a Oliver still seeing the boy. And that too is filmed. DD&wife can manipulate this as Oliver is secretly married with a child. It would definitely throw a Monkey wrench into the mayor's race. If this is done publicly and Felicity then has to deal with the press and public feeling sorry for her and the office talking behind her back? I think 2 weeks of Felicity having to deal with Calculator and family drama, then the news released at the debate and than probably the boys kidnapping. I just don't see how there needs more for Felicity to give the ring back. 

I think the limo scene can be so filled with tension because Felicity had just been yelling at Oliver before Barry came. Oliver probably blaming himself again and Felicity making it clear it's not his fault but it is his responsibility to end it. She leaves the scene angry and Oliver now knows he has to do whatever to kill the son of a bitch. Felicity stewed in the limo for a bit so her anger is high so a lot of Smoak came out. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

After Last night's episode I REALLY hope Katanna isn't killed. Them killing Waller, Katanna and POSSIBLY Laurel in one season would earn them more deserved Backlash

Maybe they're hoping that killing Laurel will be seen as an appeasment for having to kill off Waller and Katana?

DD&wife can manipulate this as Oliver is secretly married with a child. I would definitely throw a Monkey wrench into the mayor's race. If this is done publicly and Felicity then has to deal with the press and public feeling sorry for her and the office talking behind her back? I think 2 weeks of Felicity having to deal with Calculator and family drama, then the news released at the debate and than probably the boys kidnapping. I just don't see how there needs more for Felicity to give the ring back.

I legit have no idea if that's what they are going for, but back when Alex brought up Oliver's past relationship with Laurel, and the scandal, I've been wondering if they would use Oliver's former douchebaggy playboy status against him again. His terribad past coming back to bite him in the ass in the election storyline feels like such an obvious thing to happen, even.

And then there's the kicker, because Felicity knows he's not that guy anymore. She even knows that the "marriage" to Nyssa is totally bogus. But OH WAIT, there's an actual secret kid stashed away that Oliver's hiding from her. Cue all the disappointment in the world.

• Love 3

Is Diggle's brother supposed to be in more episodes? What is the purpose of this story from now on? I am still worried that Andy will betray Diggle and maybe be the 'him' that Oliver wants to kill because Andy might have killed Diggle. Weirdly enough that has me more worried than the flimsy excuse they will use for the break-up.

• Love 1

If they are planning on making Andy recurring then that has to keep Diggle out of the grave. If they think they can just interchange the characters that is gross and insulting on so many levels.

• Love 10

I was just about to say...if Andy is gonna be recurring next season then I hope they keep Diggle around. Exchanging one POC for another is gross beyond words. 

Edited by Guest

I've thought it was Lance since the first flash-forward but I have been worried for Diggle recently. I just wouldn't put it past them to think that removing one part of OTA would be a game changer. 

But it should be Lance. He wasn't even in 411 and did anyone miss him? I forgot he even existed. LOL.

Do you remember which one?

Sorry, no.  I've been trying to find it but it's DR giving an interview and he talks about how the plan was for Andy/Eugene to be a long time recurring character.  I can't remember if he implied to stated that it was for S4 and S5

• Love 1

I don't think they would mess with the OGS either, but I still say to have any sort of shocking, game-changing impact it has to be a member of the Team.

Frankly, I think they may have talked themselves into a problem if they intend for it to be Lance, Lyla, Donna, Andy, BMD, Kid.

As for Lance not being there, they could have had Lance at the crime scene instead of Laurel. It would have worked better too. Laurel shamed them into canvassing the area. Lance could have just told them to have a second look.

The training scene felt like an anvil so...

• Love 1
(edited)

still looking for that DR interview but I just caught this in the IGN interview Ann Mack posted in spoiler only thread

I would say that to some degree [Andy is set aside], but not greatly. Now you have Felicity in a wheelchair, now you have a wedding, you have somebody in the grave. There's a lot of story to tell. I wouldn't call it sidelined. Every week there's an A and a B story. There will be some episodes where Andy might become less of an A or B story, but he will be there until the story's worked out.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/28/arrow-david-ramsey-on-argus-diggles-new-helmet-and-the-flash-crossover

Edited by Morrigan2575

The reason I'm not taking all the talk of "big, game changing, loads of meaning" yada, yada, yada as meaning it isn't Lance - is because of how they talked about how the end of season three was going to "blow up the show" and whatever else they said last year.  I'm sorry, but Oliver and Felicity taking an extended vacation to the suburbs is not "blowing up the show" for me.

I mean it looks like all their talk about doing something with a villain that's never been done before is going to be putting Darhk on trial, right?  I'm sorry but that's a lot of promotion for something that's not really that earth shattering.  I don't know if these people really think their ideas are super fantastic or if they just all love hyping this crap and seeing the Internet go nuts.

It could be Lance and that could be "game changing" because they have no "in" with the police anymore.  For me, game changing would be it's Donna and Felicity goes full on evil super cyber villain because of it.  I don't think they mean game changing the same way I do.

• Love 3

Hey, I thought of a big benefit of Waller's death...Oliver is far more likely to trust ARGUS Witness Protection for BM and spawn with Lyla in charge! 

Re the audience being disappointed if they go with a small death instead of a big one, what's really going to happen if they do go small? People will make fun on social media and some professional reviewers will express disappointment. That's it. They could make the death the Diggles' babysitter if they wanted. It wouldn't affect ratings at all.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

still looking for that DR interview but I just caught this in the IGN interview Ann Mack posted in spoiler only thread

Woah. That's a pretty huge spoiler to drop, DR.

Does that mean the wedding that was being filmed isn't going to be a hallucination/dream after all?

Edited by lemotomato

The OGs stands for Original Gangsters? That is now their code name initials :)

And I think they will phase Lance out of the cops and Laurel into the role like last night. Lance will probably testify against DD, be Laurel's father and Donna's love interest. Maybe he dies saving Donna?

I don't think they would mess with the OGS either, but I still say to have any sort of shocking, game-changing impact it has to be a member of the Team.

Frankly, I think they may have talked themselves into a problem if they intend for it to be Lance, Lyla, Donna, Andy, BMD, Kid.

As for Lance not being there, they could have had Lance at the crime scene instead of Laurel. It would have worked better too. Laurel shamed them into canvassing the area. Lance could have just told them to have a second look.

The training scene felt like an anvil so...

David also said in an interview not verbatim but  "Oliver needs to get back to being a husband, the lover....." and now mention of a wedding. I wonder who has green lit him to say these things or if they are bait for future episodes? I love David's interviews but I don't think he would be able to mention both those very BIG things in an interview(s) without approval from higher ups just MO!

• Love 1

The OGs stands for Original Gangsters? That is now their code name initials :)

And I think they will phase Lance out of the cops and Laurel into the role like last night. Lance will probably testify against DD, be Laurel's father and Donna's love interest. Maybe he dies saving Donna?

As much I don't like Overwatch, I do love that their codenames form that. Serendipity.

You could be right about phasing out Lance. If Lance is the death, phasing him out now is premature. For his death to have more of an impact, I think he would be more visual.

I think that they used Laurel because they are setting up the courtroom drama in 4x16. They are reminding the audience she is a Laurel Lawyer. The whole Vigilante v DA thing, it's ground work. I think if Laurel is in the grave its going to be tied into that storyline. Honestly the way they set it up, it's only the resolution that makes sense too me.

I have a gift for putting Laurel in the grave. Lol

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

This?

"I would say that to some degree [Andy is set aside], but not greatly. Now you have Felicity in a wheelchair, now you have a wedding, you have somebody in the grave."

I mean, they are filming a wedding. That does not mean it's a real O/F wedding. There is pretty much no way that they break up at the end of 3.15 (semi-confirmed by SA), and then get married the following episode. 

We also can't be at all sure that everything they say has been okayed by the producers. Willa was not supposed to post the pic that included the Queen for Mayor signs in the background, and honestly, I doubt Guggie was thrilled by SA's response to the BM lies question at HVFF. Actors are still human...DR would have just been filming the wedding, so it would be on his mind, and anyone can accidentally mention something they maybe shouldn't. I've been an attorney for 13 years now and I still do it sometimes.

Edited by AyChihuahua