Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I guess Laurel realized she needs a lot more training when Sara looked like she was thinking about lunch while handling whatever Laurel threw at her with ease. Since I've seen that gif set multiple times on tumblr, KC looked completely out of her element "sparring" CL when they showed her instead of Atlin. Who was also very noticeable throughout that short scene.  

• Love 4

In the first set of pics, in the lair, everyone except Laurel looks kind of subdued/depressed (which makes perfect sense, given recent events). Laurel looks...determined? I wonder if this is when Laurel starts being the backbone of the team?

I laughed as well. His impression is totally I don't want to be here. Other than that, all my observations are on wardrobe. Lyla's coat is bangin' and puts me in mind of spys of yesteryear, that shade of blue really complements Laurel's skin tone, I haven't noticed that Thea's undershirt or whatever is see through (it makes so much sense) and Andy's uniform is very stylized. 

"Why am I here?"

"Where's Felicity?"

"Is Felicity okay?"

"Why the fuck can't Laurel punch?"

"Where is DD when you need him?"

"I could really use a double rainbow right now."

Wardrobe was on point.

• Love 7

I realize I don't know the context, but I'm irrationally angry that they're going to cram a Oliver-Laurel bonding scene in an episode where Felicity is probably stuck in the loft by herself. WTF??

I want him to go home to the loft and mention training with Laurel and have Felicity be self-conscious of her limited physical ability and have Oliver pick up on her thoughts. Then we get a scene of Oliver comforting Felicity and talking about her strength and just really going on about her unique, unparalleled contribution to the Team.

And that is when people realize that the only reason Oliver and Laurel had a training scene was so that Oliver and Felicity could have an intimate one.

• Love 8

I just don't get this character. Never have, never will. Just a bunch of boring looking photos when it comes to her. Even Stephen/Oliver look bored. It's like they did this scene because of her demanding it. This is the definition of fan service. I though Laurel could "take care of herself?" It's all just too funny. She probably said "everyone else gets one, what about me?" Cue the tiniest violin ever.

Yeah, I literally have no issue with O/L sparring because that was gonna happen at some point but I find it a bit tasteless to do it in the same episode where Felicity is dealing with her disability. Not surprised though. This show forced a lesbian to marry a man. 

Edited by Guest

I don't know why I'm still watching this show. Every spoiler makes me more and more irritated. Why do we have to stretch the return of Nyssa out over 3 episodes? Why!!

So the show is going roll straight from league BS and mentions of the "marriage" right into kid BS. Just...wow.

• Love 1

"Arrow" star John Barrowman joins "Reign" as Francis' killer

EW can exclusively reveal that Arrow’s John Barrowman will guest-star in Reign’s penultimate episode this season.

Not strictly an Arrow spoiler but I do wonder what this means for Merlyn. How does the "Reign" season work? Is it possible for JB to work both shows? (Unless it's a 1-ep appearance)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

I know this is been stated multiple times before.  The Photographers are sent to location and take pictures of what's filming the 1 or 2 days they are on set.  There is no conspiracy or preference, no we want pics of these characters/actors only.  Hell, I just read somewhere that The CW only employs like 1 or 2 Photographers for all of their shows.

IIRC, the CW outsources the still photography in Vancouver to the local cinematographers guild. The guild will send 2 or 3 available photogs weekly [it's not always the same people], and they'll cover all of the shows. Since the WB/CW shoots six shows in Vancouver,  yeah, these guys are spending very little time on each set.

DAMN! Katie's/Laurel's arms look KILLER! Glad to see Laurel training as I want more scenes of that with her learning new things. Gimme Gimme More! So glad to see Laurel getting things done this back half of the season.

I wish I could be more excited to see Waller show up but they NEVER do anything with her character. She is suppose to be a badass and they give Cynthia nothing to do except look nice in a suit.

KC's arms are very impressive.  I felt a flutter of envy when I saw that picture.

I guess Lyla liked Thea's hairstyle so much she decided to get one of her own.  You get a choice on Arrow -- Syle #1: blonde centrepart, wavy (Felicity, Laurel, Moira, Sara) or Style #2: brunette, short, side part (Thea, Lyla).

Do you think Roy will stay long enough to warrant finding him a place to stay? And if so, will it be at the lair, where Lance - aka the douche who rubbed his 'death' in Thea and Oliver's faces - is presumably staying at now? A sick part of me is already looking forward to Lance and Oliver playing rock paper scissors for the top bunk once Oliver and Felicity break up as is.

Lance had a soft spot for Roy and that was one of the reasons that he was so angry at Oliver, because he thought Oliver got Roy killed. I'd love so see them have some mentoring father/son time (you know if AK were still here he'd do it), talking about their lives and the wrong turns they'd made.

Yeah. I mean, my mind went to tech miracle cure as soon as this spoiler came out. It *could* still go that way, but I'm way, way less sure than I was at one point. Hopefully the PT company saving tech is something to make paralyzed people's lives better/easier or something along those lines, if the storyline goes toward a natural kind of healing. 

I think that might make the people in the audience feel worse though, to have Felicity naturally recovering because they can't   If I had cancer that wasn't responding to treatment no matter what I tried, and someone on TV just recovered in a miracle, I'd be pretty bitter.  IIRC Christopher Reeve never gave up trying to get to a cure.

Also, apparently Oliver carries Felicity around, a lot.  Which seems kind of stupid to me.

It's upping the romance before the big break-up.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they use the "marriage" as opposition attack on Oliver in the election storyline. Mostly because I can't see how else the marriage matters in anyway to Oliver.

I don't think the marriage matters to Oliver but I can't see how it would matter to the campaign.  It wasn't legal in the US and besides, he's only engaged to Felicity not married to her, so there's no bigamy.  That fact that he was taking over as the leader of an evil illegal organization should be a bigger deal.

Broken Hearts refers to Oliver and Felicity, of course.  But if the death hasn't happened yet, who would it refer to?  Thea?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Lance had a soft spot for Roy and that was one of the reasons that he was so angry at Oliver, because he thought Oliver got Roy killed. I'd love so see them have some mentoring father/son time (you know if AK were still here he'd do it), talking about their lives and the wrong turns they'd made.

He certainly didn't like him enough not to put him in gen pop when he outed himself as the Arrow, right with the criminals that the Arrow put there. And this is after Lance's own fun time at the circus in the previous season.

Are we supposed to know the dead guy from the comic preview?

• Love 4

So, is 4x11 about Laurel or did I miss the reason why there is not one single image of Felicity? Even so, looking at the pictures alone shows you what a dynamic the team has without her. It just seems drab. But I still love Lyla's haircut. 

• Love 1

Wow, way to be a bitch Laurel.

416 title is seriously on the nose LOL. Wonder if Cupid is coming back?

I'm sure being an ass is going to be deemed 'badass' though. *shrugs* People with masks tend to get passes. *eyeroll*

• Love 2

I realize I don't know the context, but I'm irrationally angry that they're going to cram a Oliver-Laurel bonding scene in an episode where Felicity is probably stuck in the loft by herself. WTF??

I'm okay if it leads to Laurel being in the grave. I'll take a whole freakin' episode solely about Laurel if it leads to her death. My sympathies for that character dried up two seasons ago. 

Fine, Laurel has had her sparring scene with Oliver. Now give me Diggle+Oliver. Shirtless. And sweaty.

The only acceptable restitution. I know DR hurt his back so he doesn't need to do anything physical. Just stand there shirtless. I don't know about AMA's physicality, but throw Lyla in there as well, just because.

• Love 5

Great. Laurel in the comic preview too. Awesome!! Gee, I hope they'll even be able to squeeze in 5 minutes of Felicity dealing with the life changing injury that the show used to create buzz over winter hiatus.

I'm honestly reaching John Campea level rage at any glimpse or mention of Laurel. She's already had her episodes and arc, damnit. GTFO and give me the Felicity storyline that we've been promised.

• Love 11

Not strictly an Arrow spoiler but I do wonder what this means for Merlyn. How does the "Reign" season work? Is it possible for JB to work both shows? (Unless it's a 1-ep appearance)

Reign is probably done after this season so I doubt it will be an issue. More then likely Barrowman is a 1 or 2 episode role and, if it's not like he films that much for Arrow anyway. He has plenty if free time most Arrow episodes.

However, that's not to say that Malcolm will definitely be around for S5. I'm 50/50 on Malcolm being the "him" from the grave scenes.

Damn at how Laurel treats SCPD's finest in that comic preview. Assertive does not equal abrasive, girl. Interpersonal skills, Laurel, look into it.

Are we supposed to know the dead guy from the comic preview?

Don't think so? I don't think we've ever had a "Chang" on the show before. Could Chang be part of ARGUS, maybe? And the information they're looking for is related to Deadshot? Yeah, I know the DCCU, apparently, has exclusive rights to him. The scooped-up eyeball just makes me think Shadowspire might be interested in something Deadshot-related. Or, if not him, then Deathstroke. Maybe Shadowspire is looking for Slade.

• Love 1

Great. Laurel in the comic preview too. Awesome!! Gee, I hope they'll even be able to squeeze in 5 minutes of Felicity dealing with the life changing injury that the show used to create buzz over winter hiatus.

I'm honestly reaching John Campea level rage at any glimpse or mention of Laurel. She's already had her episodes and arc, damnit. GTFO and give me the Felicity storyline that we've been promised.

Because the promo didn't hint at Felicity having plenty to do? 

I do find it weird that they didn't include Felicity in any pictures but I can only chalk it up to CW still trying to have the audience playing guessing games with seeing Felicity in a wheelchair.

Looking at the comic preview again, the dead dude is pretty interesting. Wonder what that's about... 

But Laurel asks if the cops canvassed the area yet. 

Lady says she doesn't need an ADA to tell her how to do her job... meaning yes, they did already

Then Laurel says the cops have a lack of initiative after they did their job???

Am I missing something here???

• Love 1

And here's yet another reason I can't warm up to Laurel, she treats those she considers beneath her like crap. She's snide, pulls rank, etc. Lemme borrow the words of Sirius Black, "If you want to know what a man's like, look at how he treats his inferiors." Anyway, looks like Laurel is still getting her traditional boosted screen time after the midseason finale, but the writers/show were just wise enough not to call it as such or call attention to it this time.

• Love 15

Looking at the comic preview again, the dead dude is pretty interesting. Wonder what that's about... 

It harkens to Slade or Deadshot. But I'm veering more towards Slade since SA did mention fighting a Wilson this year. 

• Love 2

I'm guessing they scooped out his eyeball to use it to get into ARGUS. I believe the first Avengers had a similar plot point.

To be clear, some more secure part of ARGUS, since the boomerang guy just took that one guy's badge to get in. (Who was also named something like Chang, I think.)

Edited by AyChihuahua

They could have released a picture of her sitting at the table. But obviously she is an afterthought in the promotion here. Furthermore, does Oliver leave her at home. I mean she is probably out of the hospital but she still needs to adjust to things at home. Does she throw him out, do they think she is ready to do it all by herself. I mean, I get that sometimes you need space but after all that has happened, shouldn't she have someone help her at first. 

I know I am not making any sense, it just bothers me that based on the promotion everyone gets something but the one whose whole life changed cannot even get a single pic. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

From my TV listings:

Diggle (David Ramsey) is skeptical about putting his faith in his brother (guest star Eugene Byrd), but has little choice, when a mutual enemy comes to Star City in the new episode A.W.O.L.  The effort to stop the villain uncovers information about the siblings' war experiences.  Oliver (Stephen Amell) struggles to make adjustments forced upon him by recent circumstances.  Katie Cassidy also stars.

Putting it here because there's no new information but I was struck by Oliver struggles to make adjustments forced upon him by recent circumstances but no mention at all of who those circumstances happened to.  I guess A.W.O.L refers to Felicity,because by now the fact that she's alive is not a spoiler.

Kind of excited to hear more about Diggle's war experiences, although I still don't care about Andy.

I just hope they do put enough attention to Felicity, who got the least time of anyone last episode.  I know this is the traditional Laurel Lances episodes but if they don't spend time of Felicity adjusting to her new circumstances, it's going to be even more obvious the double standard for Laurel.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

But Laurel asks if the cops canvassed the area yet. 

Lady says she doesn't need an ADA to tell her how to do her job... meaning yes, they did already

Then Laurel says the cops have a lack of initiative after they did their job???

Am I missing something here???

Doesn't necessarily mean that they did, the Star(ling) city cops aren't known for their abilities to do their job that well.

They could have released a picture of her sitting at the table. But obviously she is an afterthought in the promotion here. Furthermore, does Oliver leave her at home. I mean she is probably out of the hospital but she still needs to adjust to things at home. Does she throw him out, do they think she is ready to do it all by herself. I mean, I get that sometimes you need space but after all that has happened, shouldn't she have someone help her at first. 

If the set photographer was around the day they were shooting Felicity's scenes, there probably would be a few pics of her in here. And it seems like some time has passed since the last ep since Felicity's out and about, and being treated like a special snowflake who has to be monitored all the time is probably the last thing she wants. I wouldn't be surprised if she asked Oliver for some time to herself, or if she told him she didn't want him hovering. 

• Love 1

I believe he's the guy who gave Digg the info about the HIVE woman who got killed in 4x03. The one who showed up at Digg and Lyla's home? 

Oh, it could definitely be him. Good catch.

I know I am not making any sense, it just bothers me that based on the promotion everyone gets sometimes but the one whose whole life changed cannot even get a single pic. 

I'm sure that Donna is with her wherever she is. Though she could still be in the hospital recovering. But I would imagine they would fill us in why Oliver is in the lair and not with Felicity.

From my TV listings:

Putting it here because there's no new information but I was struck by Oliver struggles to make adjustments forced upon him by recent circumstances but no mention at all of who those circumstances happened to.  I guess A.W.O.L refers to Felicity,because by now the fact that she's alive is not a spoiler.

Kind of excited to hear more about Diggle's war experiences, although I still don't care about Andy.

From my TV listings:

I think those TV listings were sent out or written while the show was still pretending Felicity was the one in the grave. That's almost word for word what was said in the episode description CW sent out before the premiere, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what it could mean.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Why would they hide Felicity in a wheelchair? How the are paralyzed people supposed to get around, exactly?

A 30 second promo doesn't mean anything except that she'll be on the show for at least 30 seconds. Felicity wasn't mentioned in the episode synopsis, doesn't show up in the comic preview, isn't in the episode stills. The only ads that have used Felicity to sell this episode have the tagline of "Can Felicity be trusted?" Contrast that to the stills of Laurel working out and the comic where she's bossing the SCPD around like she owns the place. I'm starting to think there's an agenda.

• Love 3

The only ads that have used Felicity to sell this episode have the tagline of "Can Felicity be trusted?"

Seriously? She gets shot a bunch because of her loyalty and proximity to Oliver, and that's the tagline they come up with? (I get that it's the promo monkeys, not the studio or whatever, but GEEZ.)

I'm sure that Donna is with her wherever she is. Though she could still be in the hospital recovering. But I would imagine they would fill us in why Oliver is in the lair and not with Felicity.

We know she's home from the promos. Seeing as we never saw her wake up from any of her surgeries and get the news about her potentially permanent paralysis, the chances of seeing her leave the hospital are miniscule.

The only things the photos say definitively is that those scenes were shot on the same day.

• Love 1

Seriously? She gets shot a bunch because of her loyalty and proximity to Oliver, and that's the tagline they come up with? (I get that it's the promo monkeys, not the studio or whatever, but GEEZ.)

Because recovering from a serious injury makes you less of a person, I guess is what we should be wondering.

DON'T PANIC.

It's been a really bad week, spoiler-wise
  • Love 1
(edited)

All I remember from the book is that one should always keep a towel around. What other good advice does it offer?

Don't Panic

The only ads that have used Felicity to sell this episode have the tagline of "Can Felicity be trusted?" Contrast that to the stills of Laurel working out and the comic where she's bossing the SCPD around like she owns the place. I'm starting to think there's an agenda.

The promo tag said "who can you trust when your life is on the line?"

The basic premise of all the clips is not that the team doubts Felicity but, Felicity is doibting herself. Which means Felicity doubting herself and (most likely) over coming her issues is her part of the story.

Edited by Morrigan2575