Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Could you expand?

A can't technically remember from the periscope but either a fan or Barrowman asked Stephen if he knew who the person in the grave was and if he would tell and he said something like "i won't answer that." Or something along those lines. I think I have to go to the periscope to make sure.

I hope BM's actual arc was only 2 episodes which means 4.15 would be her last.  I guess it depends on whether they are doing Oliver as dad. I am hoping BMD was a plot device only.  Not sure about that since Brian Ford Sullivan was tweeting about MG and dallies with Samantha and Oliver.  "The feels." I believe is what he actually said.  I don't think we were supposed to see BM as unsympathetic.  

I'm really hoping "the feels" are SA's sad puppy regretful face as BMD leave forever, never to be seen again. 

If the "him" is MM, will he survive until next season, or will Oliver kill "him" during the season finale? I don't want another year of MM.

• Love 4

If the "him" is MM, will he survive until next season, or will Oliver kill "him" during the season finale? I don't want another year of MM.

Can he become the grave dweller's new next door neighbor? I have never wanted a character offed so badly in my life. 

• Love 3

I'm really hoping "the feels" are SA's sad puppy regretful face as BMD leave forever, never to be seen again. 

I would be happy to see MM gone by the finale but TPTB seem to love him.  I mean look at what they did to Oliver in S3 just to make MM relevant.

• Love 2

I think MM will be s5's big bad, coming full circle from S1. At least he'd be inarguably the bad guy, but yeah, I'm exhausted by MM, too. Mostly, I just need him really super duper dead.

• Love 2

I think they can easily spin that Felicity would have that reaction to any member of TA, plus Quentin bc of their history and her mom, plus obviously her mom, and probably the spawn. Maybe not BM. So basically, Felicity's reaction doesn't rule out any of the obvious contenders for me, especially if it's MM who did the killing.

I think Oliver's reaction ensures that it isn't Donna (hopefully!). He specifically mentioned that he now knows it wasn't his fault, but it's his responsibility. I think Oliver would certainly feel massive guilt about an innocent civilian, especially Donna, being killed in this war between TA and the bad guys. 

I call LL is killed by Malcolm Merlyn in a random warehouse with a black arrow.

• Love 3

I think Oliver's reaction ensures that it isn't Donna (hopefully!). He specifically mentioned that he now knows it wasn't his fault, but it's his responsibility. I think Oliver would certainly feel massive guilt about an innocent civilian, especially Donna, being killed in this war between TA and the bad guys. 

I call LL is killed by Malcolm Merlyn in a random warehouse with a black arrow.

I really think you guys are all dreaming thinking it'll be Laurel. I mean hey, party at my house if it is, but I really can't see them having the guts.

Agreed re Donna. Plus they have emphasized their Jewishness, and it's clearly not a Jewish grave. (I don't think the latter is totally convincing, bc these writers are turds, but it does seem to be a decent clue.)

• Love 2

Theory:

LL prosecutes DD or Anarky or whatever. And that makes them go after her. Thea then tries to protect Laurel but ends up getting really hurt. Or maybe LL lets something happen to Thea accidentally which makes her end up in a coma. As in she couldn't stop someone from hurting Thea while they were out in the field.

Malcolm then kills LL because of it. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

They definitely don't have the guts to kill Laurel. They should but they won't.

I'm terrified for Diggle.

Sorry, but I don't get this statement (not a dig at you, I've just seen it around a lot)... Why do the writers need to have guts to kill off Laurel... But not kill off Diggle? 

I think it would take equal amount (if not more) of guts to kill one of the most well liked characters on the show than it does to kill of a non-entity comic book character who isn't even like the character in the comics... Say what you want about Diggle, but I've never met a person who didn't love him. 

Not only that killing off Diggle would make the team so unbalanced... 

Not only would there be only 1 man and 3 women (which could work but Thea/Laurel aren't strong enough characters imo), but Thea/Laurel/Oliver all really act before they think. They are not the voice of reason. And as much as the show tries to shove Laurel in the "morality police" slot, it would never fit because of her history. 

Diggle is the most level-headed character on the show, yeah sometimes he has lapses in judgement, but everyone does. The team needs him for that. The show needs his maturity, maturity that will be lost if they kill him off. 

Seriously it would be such a dumbass move. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 12

I was gone for the day and come back to hearing that there's more Oliver/Nyssa marriage.  Great.  [/sarcasm]

As for the baby mama storyline, I don't think Oliver has been visiting them either. WM said that Oliver learned his lesson about being away from Felicity and that he'll be supportive and there for her. She's his priority. I can't imagine he'll fit in going to see his son. And honestly, if Samantha even let him see his son knowing Felicity was just brutally injured, she's even dumber than I thought. The whole base of her argument in keeping the lie is so William didn't get dragged into the negative side of Oliver's life. She'd be crazy to let Oliver see him after everything that happened to his fiancée.

Agreed.

I hope they've learned by now that yes, they can screw up Oliver to the point where the audience has trouble forgiving him.  And Olicity is a big pull for the show, which will be entering it's fifth season in the fall (I hope).  So they can't screw up Olicity to the point where people give up. For that reason, I can't see Oliver sleeping with either BM or Laurel even if Felicity broke up with him.  I think it's necessary to 1. make both parties sympathetic and 2. make it possible for them to find their way back to each other.

Nor can I see Felicity making it "permanent" to the extent that she looks for a wheelchair accessible apartment for herself.  An apartment at PT accessible for work or Oliver being the one to move out to the bunker, now that they've subtlety told us that there are bed there, seems most probable.

I don't blame them a bit, but do they still do table reads? Do they skip those parts? Do unaffected cast members excuse themselves to go get a snack? I'm so curious.

Maybe they do them at separate times since this season, except for SA, they're two completely different casts.  When Slade and Sara were in both present and flashbacks, it made sense to do them all at once.

You know what, thinking about it... It seems that BOTH Oliver/Felicity will be hit really hard by this death. So much so, that they're both teetering on the edge of darkness by wanting to kill that son of a bitch who killed X. 

The only person I can see bringing them back from that brink is Diggle for both Oliver/Felicity, and Thea for Oliver. I can't imagine Laurel ever bringing either of them back from the edge considering how little Oliver/Felicity actually listen to Laurel.

So Diggle is safe then? 

If it were Thea doing it for both, maybe they should start actually showing Thea/Felicity scenes.

Season 3 showed them what the show was like without Oliver (so uninteresting they had to put him in even the episodes he was supposed to be gone).  4x10 showed them what the show was like without Felicity.  I imagine it wouldn't be as great without Diggle either. They killed Tommy in s1 but that was a big thing to motivate Oliver.  They killed Moira in s2 I guess to make Malcolm more important.

I really can't see the point of killing Diggle now.  I'm worried for Lyla though.

• Love 4

Sorry, but I don't get this statement (not a dig at you, I've just seen it around a lot)... Why do the writers need to have guts to kill off Laurel... But not kill off Diggle?

I think it would take equal amount (if not more) of guts to killed one of the most well liked characters on the show as it does to kill of a non-entity comic book character who isn't even like the character in the comics... Say what you want about Diggle, but I've never met a person who didn't love him.

Simply because she's a DC comics character with a lot of history. And I know you hate that argument, I do too, I hate saying it and thinking it, but I can't see it happening. I know Laurel isn't really Dinah and the only similarity they share is the name and penchant for crossing their arms but she's still the Black Canary and I think that holds weight with these people, at least in their heads.

I agree with you that it would also take a lot of guts to kill Diggle but with some of their writing choices I do feel like they're writing more towards the comic book crowd.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I don't get the they won't or they can't kill BC thing tbh.I think it would take a lot more guts to kill of someone like Diggle or Felicity than LL.I mean they had the guts to move away from the GA/BC romance and reduce her role as much as they did while people were saying it would never happen even though the signs were there,i don't think its that much of a reach that they would kill off LL since nothing they try with her seems to work.They might not do it but I don't think being BC keeps her safe at all.

Diggle is safe imo.The show needs Oliver to have a best friend and no one on the cast can fill that role if they killed him of this season.They also set him up as a role model for Oliver,they keep repeating that Diggle is Oliver 5 years into the future thing.I don't think killing him off fits with the whole you can be a hero and have life lesson Oliver is supposed to learn this season.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 4

They also set him up as a role model for Oliver,they keep repeating that Diggle is Oliver 5 years into the future thing.I don't think killing him off fits with the whole you can be a hero and have life lesson Oliver is supposed to learn this season.

Yeah, it would be saying "look, if you stay a vigilante, you'll be dead too!"

The EPS have been saying that this death is really really big, and it's really going to take.  No takebacksies.

I think killing Diggle or Felicity would change the fundamental nature of the show and are they really willing to do that?  Thea, Laurel or Roy would be shocking and sad but it wouldn't changed the show's DNA.

• Love 6

Simply because she's a DC comics character with a lot of history. And I know you hate that argument, I do too, I hate saying it and thinking it, but I can't see it happening. I know Laurel isn't really Dinah and the only similarity they share is the name and penchant for crossing their arms but she's still the Black Canary and I think that holds weight with these people, at least in their heads.

I agree with you that it would also take a lot of guts to kill Diggle but with some of their writing choices I do feel like they're writing more towards the comic book crowd.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOPE.gif

• Love 5

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do you really think that just because the argument is stupid it doesn't work on them? They're stupid. 

They didn't realize/care that they fridged Sara and people wouldn't like that.

They thought ppl would love Laurel using the voice-changer to fool Quentin.

They had no idea that they left Roy lying in a puddle, and thought no one would mind the Cane Toad nearly killing him.

They thought the Oliver/Nyssa marriage was awesome...so awesome that they are revisiting it this season.

They thought we'd all love Laurel in the field once Felicity okayed it with the refrigerator light speech.

They thought we'd love Ray the Stalker.

They thought the Laurel Lance Redemption Tour, 2015 Edition, would succeed.

They think everyone loves Malcolm and wants him around forever and ever.

They thought no one would notice the RIDICULOUSLY FAULTY logic of the BM lies.

They are STUPID. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 6

Do you really think that just because the argument is stupid it doesn't work on them? They're stupid. 

They're stupid, but they're also really lazy. I'm counting on their laziness to not try to mess with the fundamentals of the show (OTA/Diggle). 

• Love 3

I mean, I totally see the merits of killing Laurel (LL fans look away now!). For a while I've felt like she's on the periphery of things, even though she's on the team now. I've always felt like BC should have her own team and thing going on anyway, which is why I thought Sara was perfect in the role because she could leave and do her BC thing and then come back for an episode or two here and there, help out the team and then go off again. The weight of BC is too much to have on a show centred on GA. There's just too many expectations for her to be equal in all things and it's just not possible on Arrow. As a result, most of the time Dinah fans just end up disappointed.

And I also feel like her death would have an effect on all the characters, prompting emotional story, but it wouldn't change the DNA of the show.

Saying all that, I don't think it will ever happen.

Bringing this over from the media thread; it was a quote from one of the 410 reviews:

Who the hell is Brie Thorpe, and why did this episode make such a big deal of panning past her gravestone?

I remember wondering the same thing during my first watch of the episode, but haven't had time to revisit it.  Do any of you comics fans know anything about her? I don't think we've heard about anybody with that surname during the entire series, right?  The slow pan on her gravestone did seem intentional.

• Love 1

The stupidity of Moira's death would be dwarfed by the stupidity they'd exhibit if they killed Diggle. Oddly, if this were the last season and Oliver the student had outgrown the teacher Diggle I'd think it was possible, but I really don't. I've seen people suggest that Mr. Terrific or his brother could take Diggle's place (and I'm not even going to touch the gross racism of those plans) but he really is Oliver's only friend. People focus on how EBRs romantic chemistry changed the trajectory of the show, but I have to wonder if Ramsey's friend chemistry did the same thing--Ramsey and Amell have a really special bond.

If Diggle does die, I look forward to the slew of "who should have been in the grave instead of Diggle" articles. I will not be reading them because I will have quit the show in disgust.

• Love 9

They're stupid, but they're also really lazy. I'm counting on their laziness to not try to mess with the fundamentals of the show (OTA/Diggle). 

I'm not overly worried about Digg. I just don't think they'll kill Laurel, and I think it's partly BECAUSE COMICZ OMG!#@@! and partly bc she does actually have a fanbase. I think they're liars and stupid, and when they say it's going to be huge and game-changing, they're lying. It's probably going to be Quentin. He's a regular, been around since the beginning, has relationships with most characters, but won't fundamentally change anything. Every season has had a big death, and NONE of them have been surprising or brave.

If KC changes her Twitter or FB background, then I'll start to believe it. 

Edited by AyChihuahua

False alarm about Brie Thorpe--if anybody is interested.  I found out who she is; irl, she is a costume designer who owns a company in Vancouver.  She's probably attached to Arrow and got the rather morbid shout out as an inside joke.  She probably won't factor into the show, but I saw  lot of reviewers wondering who she was.

But then again, Andy Diggle was a real person, too, whose name got worked into the show and who eventually became a character on screen.

I know this seems like a tangent from the current discussion about who is in the grave, but I think we can all agree that it's Brie.

12393697_1695705970673783_649928427_n.jp

• Love 5

For me, my reluctance to believe it's Laurel in the grave (although I'm less reluctant than I was at the beginning of the season) has less to do with her comic book status and more to do with the fact that I don't understand why she's still on the show in the first place. From where I'm standing, on any other show she would have been long gone. And yet, for some inexplicable reason, she's still here. And that fact alone makes me wary of predicting her in the grave, because I can't help but think that whatever unseen factors have protected her up to now will continue to protect her.

I hope not. I'd really like to believe it's her. But I can't quite totally convince myself.

• Love 15

The argument that I'm running into for why it would be Diggle is the claim that once his storyline with Andy and HIVE are done, he has no story left to find out about.  I think that's crap but this is the show that said Moira's character was done even though they'd just introduced the Thea/Malcolm thing.  

I do worry about him because he's too stable and wise and every once and a while I feel like MG would prefer to send this show off the rails and Dig would keep that from happening. 

• Love 3

I don't think they will kill Laurel for a few reasons....

1. As others have said, she hasn't felt like she "belonged" in the story for awhile.  She served a purpose in seasons one and two.  Even in early season three, there was something there for her with Sara's death.  But the path to making her BC was awful and the way she and Oliver have been written - her story in season three should have been doing everything she could to kill Malcolm even as Oliver protected him.  She and Oliver should have been enemies this season - not teammates. 

So basically, her current story doesn't make sense.  If they are bending logic, reason, and good story telling this much to make her and Oliver "teammates," "equals," and say they have "mutual respect" then I don't see them killing her off. 

2. I don't know how often they will kill off "masks" rather than send them off.  Because these people also have a comic book series based on the show and at this point have three (maybe four if we count Supergirl) television shows in their universe - I don't think they are going to "kill" a mask that they can use again later (I suspect the same may be true for many, many villains).  I don't think this rule applied to Sara because they fully wrote her as the "place holder" for Laurel's BC.  Though I think it was about as stupid as can be - I think now it's obvious they always intended to use Sara and her death to push Laurel into becoming BC. 

So yea, that's why I also don't believe it's Roy in the grave.

3. Given the fact that KC has remained the show's "female lead" despite not always getting a lot of screen time - I wonder if she has some kind of damn good contract that makes them want to keep her rather than fire her.  Like does she have a "you can fire me, but you still have to pay me" clause?  I mean, something is up on that front because Laurel/KC could have been downgraded to a "reoccurring" character a long time ago if there isn't a legal reason not to do it.

4. Just because they say it's going to be "big" doesn't mean WE are going to think it's "big."  They said they were going to "blow up the show" or some other such nonsense at the end of season three.  What basically happened?  Oliver and Felicity took an extended vacation.  That is NOT "blowing up the show."

So bottom line?  I don't think it's Laurel in that grave. 

I also don't really think it's Diggle either because I agree that he is an important part of the show's dynamic (plus these shows get a lot of flack for lack of diversity for some reason - if they care about that kind of thing, Diggle will probably grow old with Lyla and bounce grandbabies on his knee while telling them the legend of the Green Arrow).

I don't think it's Thea - they've done that before and Oliver wouldn't react like that.

So while I do think Donna is a possibility IF Felicity's reaction is a clue - I think I'm back to believing it's Lance.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1
He started talking super animatedly about the scene, and how Emily had to work both parts and then play off a stand-in actor and how “fucking awesome” the whole thing was, and it was just really, really cool. He said he had seen the final product and there are these long shots, not just close ups of each “Felicity” one at a time but long shots of both in the scene at once and it was really amazing. He went on for a good couple mins just RAVING about how great this scene is.

Yeah, that's for sure the Orphan Black tracking camera thingamabob. What a treat it must have been for EBR to be able to do this. Yay.

• Love 9

Do you think Roy will stay long enough to warrant finding him a place to stay? And if so, will it be at the lair, where Lance - aka the douche who rubbed his 'death' in Thea and Oliver's faces - is presumably staying at now? A sick part of me is already looking forward to Lance and Oliver playing rock paper scissors for the top bunk once Oliver and Felicity break up as is.

• Love 1

As much as I'm excited to get inside Felicity's head and see Gothie again, I'm disappointed that the hi-tech scene doesn't seem to be about her experimenting to fix her injury. Hopefully Gothie throws something in about building a cure during their therapy session.

Do you think Roy will stay long enough to warrant finding him a place to stay? And if so, will it be at the lair, where Lance - aka the douche who rubbed his 'death' in Thea and Oliver's faces - is presumably staying at now? A sick part of me is already looking forward to Lance and Oliver playing rock paper scissors for the top bunk once Oliver and Felicity break up as is.

I don't know but I'm really hoping for a scene where Roy sees Lance in the lair and is like...really guys? I sacrifice my entire identity and give up my life in SC because of this douche and now he has free run of the Arrow Cave?

• Love 16

As much as I'm excited to get inside Felicity's head and see Gothie again, I'm disappointed that the hi-tech scene doesn't seem to be about her experimenting to fix her injury. Hopefully Gothie throws something in about building a cure during their therapy session.

Since the diagnosis was super vague and basically boiled down to nerve damage, I'm wondering if there's even going to be a PT miracle cure at this point, or if she doesn't just start regaining feeling a little bit at a time as she heals. 

• Love 5

Since the diagnosis was super vague and basically boiled down to nerve damage, I'm wondering if there's even going to be a PT miracle cure at this point, or if she doesn't just start regaining feeling a little bit at a time as she heals. 

Me too.  I can see why they'd want to avoid giving Felicity a techy cure.  I've already seen spec about super suits, super skins, nano tech that gives her super strength, etc.  All of these are standard comicbook fare, person gets seriously injured, comes up with tech to overcome disability and instead end up having "suiper" powers.  I think they'd want to avoid that because they really want to keep Felicity as the "normal" / non-masked member of the cast/Team.  So I can see them going with Felicity just healing on her own.

• Love 1

Me too.  I can see why they'd want to avoid giving Felicity a techy cure.  I've already seen spec about super suits, super skins, nano tech that gives her super strength, etc.  All of these are standard comicbook fare, person gets seriously injured, comes up with tech to overcome disability and instead end up having "suiper" powers.  I think they'd want to avoid that because they really want to keep Felicity as the "normal" / non-masked member of the cast/Team.  So I can see them going with Felicity just healing on her own.

Yeah. I mean, my mind went to tech miracle cure as soon as this spoiler came out. It *could* still go that way, but I'm way, way less sure than I was at one point. Hopefully the PT company saving tech is something to make paralyzed people's lives better/easier or something along those lines, if the storyline goes toward a natural kind of healing. 

• Love 2

I don't know but I'm really hoping for a scene where Roy sees Lance in the lair and is like...really guys? I sacrifice my entire identity and give up my life in SC because of this douche and now he has free run of the Arrow Cave?

That would be the way I would prefer it to go, but I'm almost dreading him and Lance interacting, because what I think the writers will go for in that case is a snarky comment by Lance, a la Does anybody stay dead. I wasn't crazy about that one either due to Malcom being Sara's killer, but at least Lance is unaware of that. And just why is one among the many questions that will likely never get answered. He says something like that now and I'll be polishing his funeral shoes.

Yeah. I mean, my mind went to tech miracle cure as soon as this spoiler came out. It *could* still go that way, but I'm way, way less sure than I was at one point. Hopefully the PT company saving tech is something to make paralyzed people's lives better/easier or something along those lines, if the storyline goes toward a natural kind of healing. 

I saw a comment somewhere that Curtis said he was working on something but that his tech wasn't ready yet.  Was that from 409 or 410?  Not really sure.  If he said that, I'm guessing that was the cue for the PT save.  

And yeah, pre 409 I was 100% certain that Felicity's tech cure would also be the Tech that saved PT.  Now, after listening to WM talk about how this is an emotional journey for Felicity and that they're trying to be respectful of people who have the same disability in RL and stuff.  It makes me think that Felicity is going to just heal on her own and regain the ability to walk.  Of course, if they go that route, I really hope they drop mentions of Felicity having Physical Therapy sessions from time to time.

I saw a comment somewhere that Curtis said he was working on something but that his tech wasn't ready yet.  Was that from 409 or 410?  Not really sure.  If he said that, I'm guessing that was the cue for the PT save.  

If it was, it had to have been in 4x09. Curtis wasn't in 4x10. Even so, I can't say it rings any bells. All he was there for was Felicity's engaged-no engaged babble and then to talk about his wedding, right?

He's definitely working on something - he went through some of his inventions with Felicity - there was the T sphere, an HD contact lens, some other stuff. That was in ep 3, I think. I don't think there's been more than an offhand reference since then.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I don't think they will kill Diggle unless David Ramsey wanted to leave the show for some reason.  As for his future storylines, the same could be said of any character on the show other than Oliver.  The EPs/writers just have to come up with new storylines for all of them.  At the least, ARGUS and HIVE will still exist past this season, right?

That would be the way I would prefer it to go, but I'm almost dreading him and Lance interacting, because what I think the writers will go for in that case is a snarky comment by Lance, a la Does anybody stay dead. I wasn't crazy about that one either due to Malcom being Sara's killer, but at least Lance is unaware of that. And just why is one among the many questions that will likely never get answered. He says something like that now and I'll be polishing his funeral shoes.

Oh I fully expect no one to mention it because it would run afoul of the pretend everything that Lance did in 3B didn't happen schtick they have going on. Those Lances, teflon I tell ya.

• Love 4

I don't think they will kill Diggle unless David Ramsey wanted to leave the show for some reason.  As for his future storylines, the same could be said of any character on the show other than Oliver.  The EPs/writers just have to come up with new storylines for all of them.  At the least, ARGUS and HIVE will still exist past this season, right?

I'm hoping HIVE won't exist past this season. Otherwise I 'll feel cheated. If they just take out Darhk at the end of the day, how much does it accomplish? Somebody else will just take his place given the organisation HIVE is.

I said this already before, but I hope Quentin sees Roy and has that famous heart attack he has been cooking all last season. 

About Goth!Felicity, what do you think her attitude will be? Tommy in 209 style- encouraging Felicity to get out of her funk, pushing her to not give up on her life? 

I think she might be voicing Felicity's doubts - since WM said she would be questioning her choice - but, like, Gothlicity starts pointing her choices out as wrong, to have Felicity realizes that no, she did not make the wrong choices in the end.

• Love 3