Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So, no Show, based on the promo for next week, I do not accept Felicity quitting TA. TA blows without FS. Perhaps this is when we'll get Goth!Felicity either playing into her worst fears or kicking her ass. I vote for kicking her ass because we need more Tommy-type hallucinations.

She gets her codename next week. She likely doesn't really quit the team

I don't think it's Dig. They moved the target to his back which kind of eliminates him in my eyes. Still don't see it being Thea.

Firmly on the Lance train. And by Lance, I mean Laurel. They are gearing her up in the back half.

Which by the way, better not share the focus with Felicity. I was promised a Felicity Arc.

• Love 3

Oliver will probably give her the code name as a sort of "bribe" for her to come back to the team. Or she will get it when she comes back to the team after wanting to quit. 

I have a feeling no one will be asking her how she's dealing next week aside from the fight she has with Oliver. 

• Love 1

I have a yucky suspicion the scene in the limo could be close to the last scene for the season. So basically, zero reason to turn in until s5 is about to start.

I think there is probably validity in the idea that dds wifey is worse than him.

Oh my god these writers are fucking high if their breakup goes that long. I'm getting mental scars from season 3 again

I don't think it's Dig. They moved the target to his back which kind of eliminates him in my eyes. Still don't see it being Thea.

Firmly on the Lance train. And by Lance, I mean Laurel. They are gearing her up in the back half.

Which by the way, better not share the focus with Felicity. I was promised a Felicity Arc.

I don't think Laurel warrants that reaction from Felicity. Well she don't deserve that reaction from Felicity Dig or her Momma does

• Love 1

This is hilarity forever in showing how completely pointless this whole paralysis storyline is:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/180483_arrow_boss_on_felicity_injury_and_alarming_flash_forward/

It also looks like, in four months’ time, Felicity’s spinal injury is put to bed. Is that an accurate read or is there more to the scene in the limo?

The most interesting part in the limo to us was where it sets Oliver and Felicity in their relationship. We were less trying to answer the question of where her spinal cord injury lands, as opposed to where she and Oliver are -- especially vis-a-vis Damien and whoever it is that’s responsible for what happens and whoever this loss is.

Because there’s a timetable on Felicity’s recovery, how do you navigate those waters without diminishing the severity of what she’s going through?

What we want to explore with what Felicity’s going through is be as respectful as we can be with the reality of what it’s like to go through what she went through, to have a spinal cord injury and how do you move forward with your life emotionally, physically, on the team, off the team, and the way we have been exploring it on the page in the writers’ room is through the prism of Oliver and Felicity’s relationship and we want it to play really real. Oliver is very optimistic that we live in a world where The Flash exists, so things are possible, and for Felicity, she’s grounded and practical, and this is her new reality, so that’s really where we’re at. It’s less about the timeline and much more about finding the emotional reality of where they are.

• Love 1

I'm sure Felicity is walking again by the flash forward scene, but they just didn't want to show it. I mean, this is Arrow, for maximum dramaz they have to show her getting up from the wheelchair.

I wish we knew if/when they decided who would be in the grave so I knew if it was even worth it to speculate on Felicity's and Oliver's reaction to the death.

• Love 3

"It's less about the timeline because we suck so badly at math and more about whatever lame crap we dream up." Damn, when did I get so bitter?

Do we know if there is another flash forward? If so, I suspect Digg will show up in that one eliminating him but still keeping a whole host of peeps on the table. 

• Love 1

Could you expand on what you mean?

I get that WM is acknowledging there is a time table for Felicity's injury. But I'm not sure what you're thinking beyond that

Recovering from being shot and going through several surgeries could give Felicity and Oliver/Felicity the same emotional beats... But they want the imagery of Felicity in a wheelchair because comics.

The flowers at the gravesite do not keep it from being Donna, because these writers don't give two shits about being accurate or culturally sensitive to anything.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

The flowers at the gravesite do not keep it from being Donna, because these writers don't give two shits about being accurate or culturally sensitive to anything.

Both Marc and Andrew are jewish I believe, something tells me if anything will be kept straight in terms of culture it be Felicity Jewish roots.

This is Felicity telling Oliver she can't be a part of the team, and she's...standing up?

oi6fbrK.png

Hallucination/dream/some other kind of crazy shit? Or maybe Oliver's kneeling?

I knew something looked odd about that part of the promo! I was like: she looks like she is standing up!.. and than it moved to another scene and I just told myself I was seeing wrong.

This is Felicity telling Oliver she can't be a part of the team, and she's...standing up?

oi6fbrK.png

Hallucination/dream/some other kind of crazy shit? Or maybe Oliver's kneeling?

Looking at the height of the window behind her, it certainly looks like she's standing up. Very odd.

@kismet - obviously this is TV not real life but i was curious as to your take on the paralysis explanation. Is/would Nerve damage be something hopeless as they're making it out to be?

Marc is also a lawyer... but he completely disregards anything to do with the law when he writes LL & the courtroom scenes... So just because they are Jewish does not mean that they will factor that into the death scene and the dressing of the set. They probably know a lot of things that they just choose to forget for dramatic & plotty reasons.

I just don't think that the flowers are enough to rule out Donna as grave contender. I don't think she is the most likely but there is nothing concrete that rules her out. As of right now the only confirmed not Dead people are Oliver, Barry & Felicity. Everybody else is fair game, some more likely than others.

Both Marc and Andrew are jewish I believe, something tells me if anything will be kept straight in terms of culture it be Felicity Jewish roots.

They're Jewish and they thought it was cool beans to put a Jewish character into a gas chamber during Hanukkah. I really don't expect cultural accuracy from them, at all. It could definitely be Donna, bc this is the year of misery for Felicity.

• Love 2

Marc is also a lawyer... but he completely disregards anything to do with the law when he writes LL & the courtroom scenes... So just because they are Jewish does not mean that they will factor that into the death scene and the dressing of the set. They probably know a lot of things that they just choose to forget for dramatic & plotty reasons.

I just don't think that the flowers are enough to rule out Donna as grave contender. I don't think she is the most likely but there is nothing concrete that rules her out. As of right now the only confirmed not Dead people are Oliver, Barry & Felicity. Everybody else is fair game, some more likely than others.

Religion is a very different ball game for most people than being a lawyer.. even non believer practice some of the rituals out of a sense of belonging to a community, of shared history.. this is even stronger with many jews, even the non conforming super non religious ones.

I don't think anything about anyone's reaction at this point or anything at the grave is any kind of indicator at this point, since WM said that they have a "pretty good" idea of who it is, but they haven't written the death ep yet. The whole point of this idiotic FF is to keep us worried and speculating. Felicity could be reacting to someone super close to her dying, or she could be reacting to someone who did something heroic to save her from dying - maybe someone she wasn't all that close to but saved her life. Maybe whoever it was saved Thea from dying and that's why she's only in the hospital and not in a grave, and Oliver and Felicity are torn up over it and want revenge.

• Love 10

Someone tell the episode synopsis writer that they don't have to pretend Felicity is dead anymore. The description of 413 sounds like a whole lot of blah blah blah I don't caaaare.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

413 is definitely going to go on my weekend watch list what with that synopsis. It might change once I see the promos/episode stills. 

Felicity bawled her eyes out for Sara, who she only interacted with for about half a year... So I can see her reacting that way for anyone in team arrow

• Love 4

Oh, and I'm calling it now. the Laurel-Nyssa heart to heart is going to go like this:

Laurel: Sorry I left you to rot in prison. Had to drag my zombie sister back home before she came out of sedation

Nyssa: No worries. It gave me a lot of downtime to think. And I've decided that you're totally right to bring her back. I was wrong, and you're the strongest, bestest sister and friend ever.

Laurel: Aww, thanks!

[They hug. Cue "That's so Laurel theme song"]

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10

Oh, and I'm calling it now. the Laurel-Nyssa heart to heart is going to go like this:

Laurel: Sorry I left you to rot in prison. Had to drag my zombie sister back home before she came out of sedation

Nyssa: No worries. It gave me a lot of downtime to think. And I've decided that you're totally right to bring her back. I was wrong, and you're the strongest, bestest sister and friend ever.

Laurel: Aww, thanks!

[They hug]

If this means that Laurel ties another relationship with a neat bow tie just in time for her to die, I'm all for it. I'm willing to sacrifice the stupidity of it all just so she dies.

• Love 6

I want Felicity/Laurel to become better friends you guys

I'd rather Felicity and Thea become better friends. Though I fear Felicity will turn to Freaking Laurel when BM comes out. Wouldn't be surprised if they get close enough to where it warrants Felicitys reaction at the end of tonight's episode UGH

I just remembered there's a con this weekend that may or may not take place in the middle of a snowstorm. I hope someone brings up how pointless the flashbacks are. Mostly, though, I want to know if the cast knows who's getting dead. I need spoilers spilled, people. I was looking forward to The Calculator, but that most recent episode description is not making me want to rush home for viewing. 

• Love 2

I hope they have L/N hash out their differences, both admit to wrong doing. Nyssa poisoned her/kidnapped her family, Laurel got her locked up. Laurel definitely needs to apologize, still sucks that they didn't have Laurel go and break her out but it is to be expected. Wonder if Nyssa offers her services to Oliver with DD and in return he helps her take down Malcolm?

• Love 1

Since Olicity's broken up, why are they riding in the same car? I know the practical, filming Show reasons, but what would be the in-show reasoning?

They're in the process of getting back together soon after?

If this means that Laurel ties another relationship with a neat bow tie just in time for her to die, I'm all for it. I'm willing to sacrifice the stupidity of it all just so she dies.

If I thought for one second the EPs were brave enough to thumb their noses at comic canon so permanently, I'd be way more tolerant. But they've proven over and over again that they're creatively bankrupt and lazy. Laurel's not going anywhere, unfortunately.

Edit: Sorry, this came out way harsher than intended. If thinking Laurel is in the grave helps you get through her scenes, ignore my bitter rant and keep on believing :)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

I kinda want Felicity and Oliver to tag team destroy the "He" together after the way Felicity said " I want you to kill that son of a Bitch" I'm talking Felicity gets a couple of hits in there lol espically if it's Dig or her mom in the grave. Then afterward they can make up have hot reunion sex lol