Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

^ That's BamBam's episode (14). Shaky cam is shaky. Ugh. Is it bad to mix Dramamine with alcohol?

I think they're trying to escape whatever's happening at the debate. Those chairs look like the chairs in the audience, anyway. They could be backstage/at the basement of the theater.

• Love 2

Right, it's not. But I do remember seeing that coat recently..gah, where?LOl

It's the same coat from the midseason finale when they were cleaning up the beach. Also EBR is wearing heeled booties in KC's Facebook pic instead of flat ones from the beach scene so I think the pic is new.

m0er2UBl.jpg

Edited by hm018
  • Love 8

It's the same coat from the midseason finale when they were cleaning up the beach. Also EBR is wearing heeled booties in KC's Facebook pic instead of flat ones from the beach scene so I think the pic is new.

Some very solid detective skills there :p Thank you!

Yup it seems that Felicity will be recycling wardrobe outfits this season. I love it when shows recycle clothes, it's just more realistic

• Love 8

It's not Andy. I've never seen this dude before.

D580Jzv.jpg

I think this is the same guy. That's Oliver crashing down from the ceiling in the background. Then there's also a man in the Ghost attire in the same scene. So this guy could be an ARGUS agent. I do hope for a good explanation of why Lyla is active with ARGUS again since I was certain she quit after Deadshot died and everything was covered up.

Since there half a dozen Ghosts shot down in front of Darhk's mystic armoire, I wonder if the team manages to retrieve the box.

And I guess the League is wrecking havoc on the streets of SC? There are arrows flying around with Oliver and Dig stepping out from behind a pillar straight into their path. Why do these guys even care? 

ETA: We know Roy has emotional scenes with Thea and Oliver, right? I sort of hope we at least get Felicity reeming into him for breaking into PT and attacking Curtis.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

Regardless of why Roy is there I still imagine Felicity would be miffed that he broke into her company to steal something and then physically attacked an employee and work friend.

If he's fighting to keep Felicity's souper seekrit experimental spine-saving serum safe, then maybe I'll allow it.

You know... I haven't really thought about this but what if The Calculator is in a wheelchair? And that's why there was no footage of him in the promo reel?

Aside from goth Felicity, I think my favourite part of that whole trailer was the flash of Lyla's face where she has a gun pointed at her head. She looks so unimpressed. She's like 'go ahead, I can do this all day, fool!' LOL.

No but seriously, who was that pointing a gun at her? Was it Andy? I couldn't tell.

omg lol you're killing me. I can totally see Lyla saying that!

Im glad Roy is getting some intense scenes with Oliver and Thea, but I want his reaction to Felicitys injury. I hope they mention that Roy got in touch on that super secret phone after hearing of the attack.

I honesty can't wait for the promo to 4x12/4x13. All my misgivings about TA are gone and now I'm just excited. I'm hoping the lack of anything Calculator related (both in the trailer and BTS) means it plays a super important part.

Do we know what episode Lyla is in? I'm assuming 4x11 since that is Digs episode. But has anyone heard of anymore?

Does anyone think the hi tech scene they were filming could involve Goth Felicity?

Re: BTS photo.

If Felicity is still in a wheelchair, EBR cannot catch a break with the heels. Also, you would think Oliver would be kind enough to change all the stairs into ramps.

Then he can't carry her everywhere flexing his muscles. AHHHH so the girls can swoon.  I would prefer Diggle carry me everywhere, but that's just me.  

• Love 1

Then he can't carry her everywhere flexing his muscles. AHHHH so the girls can swoon. I would prefer Diggle carry me everywhere, but that's just me.

They can each have a turn with me, tbh. Multiple times.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

I honesty can't wait for the promo to 4x12/4x13. All my misgivings about TA are gone and now I'm just excited.

I can't believe how excited I am for tonight and the next several episodes!  I know a lot of people here were angry in anticipation of how they'll botch Felicity's paralysis, but I've never expected emotional beats that were authentic or all that deep.  The show's history of embracing the superficial to privilege plot actually alleviates a lot of my worries about upcoming arcs.

The only thing I dread is the resurfacing of the stupid BM drama.  I hate that it's out there, and I was initially excited by a new opportunity for Oliver's character development. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

• Love 4
(edited)
Does anyone think the hi tech scene they were filming could involve Goth Felicity?

I think it might be the scene but I don't understand why.   It's not that big of a deal, we had Arrow vs Oliver in 301 and it's fairly common on shows.  How many times did Nina Debrov play both Elena and Katherine in a scene?  Hell there was one episode where it was Elena, Katherine and Amara all in one scene.

Logically it shouldn't even be an SFX scene, just straight up cut-aways with stand ins but I can't think of anything else?  

Edited by Morrigan2575

IDK why, but I always figured the SFX scene would involve Felicity injecting herself with something that made her veins glow, haha.

I remember when I first brought up the tech thing being something Felicity injected into herself to help cure her issues,  I didn't have a specific visual in mind.  Just thinking that the SFX and Hallucinations (when we found out about them) were tied to that scene that BFS and the Effects guy tweeted about.  I've never actually envisioned what the SFX could be.

We know the screens are out. Why hasn't someone leaked or blab. Sure they leak the stupid Constantine episode but not this one. I refuse to get my hopes up for the back half of the season, they have let me down before. Sure anything looks goods compressed into 2mins 30 secs.  

• Love 2

We know the screens are out. Why hasn't someone leaked or blab. Sure they leak the stupid Constantine episode but not this one. I refuse to get my hopes up for the back half of the season, they have let me down before. Sure anything looks goods compressed into 2mins 30 secs.  

Last year the promo made the back half of S3 look interesting. And it...was not.

Maybe in 4.15 Anarky takes DD's kid, and then DD takes Oliver's kid to make Oliver work with him, and that's when the kid secret comes out to all of TA. I'd be fine with it not coming out during the debate, bc I don't want Felicity publicly humiliated. It could also come out at the end of 4.14 and then that episode could flow directly into 4.15...they don't always follow real time. I'm pretty curious re who attacks the debate...I wouldn't think DD would do that when his wife is there, so maybe that is Anarky, or HIVE, too.

DD alone knowing should be enough to send BM and the spawn into witness protection, which is my fondest wish for the season. I really can't imagine Felicity won't dump Oliver, though. Entirely putting aside character reasons for her to do so, what was the point of the lying if not to stall their romantic relationship, which requires a temporary split?

• Love 1

DD alone knowing should be enough to send BM and the spawn into witness protection, which is my fondest wish for the season. 

And now Thea will be hospitalized for whatever reason. So everyone around and connected to Oliver has been attacked and/or physically injured. BM should be long gone. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Just posted in the Spoiler Only Thread because while it's not a spoiler spoiler I've been told that some people regard these kinds of comments at spoilery (TWOP use to have a term for it).

Matt Mitovich – ‏@MattMitovich
The Internet is gonna get nutty at 8:58pm! :-O https://twitter.com/charlotteross/st...43566739226624

I'm guessing this is the flash foward?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

That new trailer is just dropping anvils all over the place for other characters to be the person in the grave.  You got Thea in the hospital (again), Lyla on the point of being shot, Laurel with a head wound, etc.

In that new EW interview, WM says that Oliver's "definitely made big steps toward changing and becoming a new kind of hero, but the fact is, he’s still got those years of living on the island in the darkness and those tendencies inside him. We’re really going to explore the question: Can people change? We’re excited to explore that through the prism of Oliver.”

Umm, why is this even a question?  We already know the answer to that question is "yes".  The biggest character change on the show has been the change from pre-island Ollie to post-island Oliver.  In addition, all the other character journeys have involved change (Thea, Laurel) and there's even Felicity's back story about her change from Goth Felicity.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I have nothing to base this on, really, but I feel like MG is back to infecting this show with his shitty ideas.  I thought that Arrow was supposed to have a happier, lighter tone this season, but based on spoilers, we're continuing on this downward spiral that began with the introduction of BM/surprise spawn.  Paralysis?  No, that's not a situation that anybody would describe as happy or light.  Bleh.  For the sake of my sanity, I have emotionally detached myself from this show.  I continue to watch mainly to see people freak out about stuff or post snarky comments, but I can't say that I care much for the show anymore.  How sad.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3

Umm, why is this even a question?  We already know the answer to that question is "yes".  The biggest character change on the show has been the change from pre-island Ollie to post-island Oliver.  In addition, all the other character journeys have involved change (Thea, Laurel) and there's even Felicity's back story about her change from Goth Felicity.

I think it's still a question because Oliver, now that he's changed and happy and has a bit of light in him now, is being tested. Will he let his darkness take over once again like he did in S3? Even in the premier Oliver said that the only way he knows how to darkness is with darkness and that he doesn't want to be that kind of person anymore. And he found a different way... Now the show is testing this resolve, I think. 

• Love 7

Oliver changed from Ollie to Oliver (BM lies notwithstanding), so yeah, people can change.

Cool, that was easy. Now we can move past this crap.

Haha, totally just flashed to the South Park movie: "I can change, I can change; I can learn to keep my promises, I swear!"

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
Matt Mitovich – ‏@MattMitovich

The Internet is gonna get nutty at 8:58pm! :-O https://twitter.com/....43566739226624

I can't see the tweet but that's a very specific time. So whatever happens in the last couple of minutes is going to send everyone into a meltdown?

I always thought we wouldn't hear about Felicity's paralysis until the last few minutes of the episode so maybe this is about Felicity? Or maybe it's just another dumb flash forward.

Edited by Guest

I can't see the tweet but I'm not sure why the internet would go crazy at that exact time. So whatever happens in the last couple of minutes is going to send everyone into a meltdown?

I always thought we wouldn't hear about Felicity's paralysis until the last few minutes of the episode so maybe this is about Felicity? Or maybe it's just another dumb flash forward.

He's already covered the Oracle/wheelchair stuff in his article. So, if he's talking about the paralysis then I think he's trolling.

However, he could be implying a flash forward in the last couple of minutes that will get people speculating again.

I just don't know

I am starting to think that the FF takes part in the hospital as seen in the promo with Oliver and Thea. When he is talking to her. And then someone (my guess is Felicity walks/wheels in).

I don't think they'll reveal anyone as actually safe at this point. I think they're still going to play the it could be anyone game

I think it's still a question because Oliver, now that he's changed and happy and has a bit of light in him now, is being tested. Will he let his darkness take over once again like he did in S3? Even in the premier Oliver said that the only way he knows how to darkness is with darkness and that he doesn't want to be that kind of person anymore. And he found a different way... Now the show is testing this resolve, I think. 

I think that WM just posed the wrong question.  The question is not whether people, specifically Oliver, can change.  The real question is what you said above: "Will he let his darkness take over once again like he did in S3?"

I think that WM just posed the wrong question.  The question is not whether people, specifically Oliver, can change.  The real question is what you said above: "Will he let his darkness take over once again like he did in S3?"

But that's exactly what she answered, right? Or am I looking at this completely incorrectly (which is quite possible considering I'm dead tired right now)...Oliver, in the past 4 years would let the darkness take over whenever someone so much as sneezed...He let the darkness take over all the time, so much so that it became a part of him. He's bruised, battered, hopeless. Why else would he sacrifice his life so many times? 

But in S4 that all changed. He's happy and supposedly different, he goes about life in a different way. But just because he's different doesn't mean he's a changed man. He'll only be considered changed if he's tested and doesn't revert back to his old ways. So the question of whether Oliver will let the darkness take over again is really a question about whether Oliver is really a changed man. Is he going to go about life differently, or will he revert back to his old ways? 

If you allow the Darkness in can you really change to being someone who can live in the light. Just because you can be stable during the good times-what happens once a rough patch hits. Oliver's instinct is to go dark (even in the little things like lying and keeping secrets). We are back to can Oliver fight the fight along side Arrow or does he have to be one or the other. And Can Oliver find a way to keep himself balanced. He does that by being open and honest with his love, partner and team mates. So far Oliver can't change. We'll see if he eventually can. 

• Love 2

He's already covered the Oracle/wheelchair stuff in his article. So, if he's talking about the paralysis then I think he's trolling.

However, he could be implying a flash forward in the last couple of minutes that will get people speculating again.

I just don't know

The tweet Matt linked to is a CR tweet that doesn't exist anymore so I'm guessing it's to do with Felicity. Could be wrong but who knows at this point? LOL.