Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just took another look at Bambam's tweet

https://twitter.com/JamesBamford/status/676193315792904192

HINT: SCI-FI and COMIC franchises outside the CW/DC Universe are their origin.....too wide open for ya? That's really too bad. Guess again.

The comic franchise has me curious hmmm....

As for Bratva starting in this season, I don't see it. They've obviously planned a full season storyline on the island as stupid as it is this is their flashback

You don't think it's possible that Poppy and the dear departed Vlad could tie back to Anatoly somehow?

Not really, I haven't seen anything to support it other than her odd accent.

They're doing a version of the Year One story so I don't see them leaving the Island before the season is over.

They seem to have a season long story for both present and flashbacks. Introducing the Bratva now would mean two separate storylines in the flashbacks.

As for Bratva starting in this season, I don't see it. They've obviously planned a full season storyline on the island as stupid as it is this is their flashback

I would appreciate some form of hint/connection to the Bratva at this point. Hong Kong was one thing, it was for a surprise factor to prove the already speculated idea of Oliver not always being on the island. Coming back to the island on year 4 made no logistical sense in an immediate way and wasn't even hinted or set up in any way (some people even assumed that the boat at the end of s3 would take him to Russia or even to Coast City and lead him to the Bratva). If they wanted to do Year One, I feel like they should have done it either in actual year one, or save it for the final year's flashbacks. Doing it now makes it feel more out of place and will probably make Russia flashbacks feel out of placed and rushed to get him back to the island by the ending.

At this point, I'm guessing that next year the Bratva are going to end up finding the island as well to keep the setting there for next year, but still allowing Oliver to get his tattoo/status. Honestly, I would like Poppy to be related to the Bratva somehow because then it would at least give her a new edge or purpose. 

• Love 2

I was hoping after seeing aunt poppy and her acting we wouldn't get Bratva this year, because tbh i expect better for those flashbacks than this......whatever is what we're getting now. Being based on year one i'm not expecting them to get out the island until the end, but i did find odd her accent and the fact that she was/is a Russian diving instructor 

• Love 1

I would appreciate some form of hint/connection to the Bratva at this point. Hong Kong was one thing, it was for a surprise factor to prove the already speculated idea of Oliver not always being on the island. Coming back to the island on year 4 made no logistical sense in an immediate way and wasn't even hinted or set up in any way (some people even assumed that the boat at the end of s3 would take him to Russia or even to Coast City and lead him to the Bratva). If they wanted to do Year One, I feel like they should have done it either in actual year one, or save it for the final year's flashbacks. Doing it now makes it feel more out of place and will probably make Russia flashbacks feel out of placed and rushed to get him back to the island by the ending.

I'm assuming that S5 is the Bratva season, at least 2/3 of it. Unless they change their minds and drag it out, S5 Flashback are supposed to end with Oliver getting rescued from the Island.

However, I don't know how much or big the Bratva story is going to be. I think fans might have built that up to be more involved then the writers are planning. They seem to forget about LoT of what they setup in S1 as far as Oliver's backstory goes.

I could see Poppy's death at the end of S4 prompting Oliver to travel to Russia. Like she asks him to let her family know her fate or something and that's when he runs into Anatoly.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I guess I was thinking perhaps Anatoly didn't manage to get very far and he's still stuck on the island somehow.  Oliver comes across him, possibly saving his life again in the process.  They have to do some nasty things to defeat the bad guys and Oliver travels to Russia with Anatoly at the end of S4.  Cue Bratva in S5.

• Love 1

That would mean Anatoly and the rest of the Amazo people have been hanging out on the island for 1.5 years now and no one has run into them? The army of bad guys had to go out and kidnap a bunch of people off boats for their forced labor when there werected people already on the island.

Do any of you know what episode the writers are writing right now? 

Usually they break and write episodes at the same time, and I have no idea if/when the writers take they're own winter break. I believe they are about 7 episodes ahead in airing when they break an episode (meaning that when 407 aired, they were breaking 414). If you fudge a few dates, then you can estimate that they film about 5 episodes ahead of airing (since around 409, they were filming 413/414). Writing episodes then fall somewhere in between, keeping in mind continuing draft changes/last-minute rewrites/reshoots/delays/etc.

So I'd say they're finishing up writing 415 and breaking 416, and probably throwing out some ideas about the third act of the season, before they go on winter break.

Hmm...Perhaps someone hires Anatoly who is familiar with the islands to look for the boat and it's occupants?  I honestly don't know.  I just wondered if Nykl was coming back as he was in the Stargate universe.  No guess on other actor. 

You don't think that Amanda Waller will come back for him when he's done what she wants?

I think she kind of has to, considering she's the one who sent him back to the island in the first place. What I meant is that I think Waller might leave him on the island at the end of the season, and the Bratva is going to come to Oliver on the island instead of him actually going to Russia next year. I agree that I think there's a bit too much build-up for this storyline, but I've still got hope that they can pick the flashbacks up (this coming from a person who actually started to like the s3 flashbacks as the season was going).

I would love to see Anatoly back... I really do think that they are somehow going to connect Poppy to Bratva, so it can transition for the s5 FB. .

Also, I'm so excited for the Bratva storyline that I really need to start setting my expectations lower - otherwise I think I am headed for a big disappointment.

I think we're definitely going to see Oliver and Donna's reaction mainly but I hope we get some good Diggle moments too. Actually I want to see them all shocked by it tbh. But I need me some Delicity.

I also don't think anyone will manage to calm Oliver down. It think it's going to be up to him to find it in himself because they've made it very clear that Felicity lights his way and so without her he's going to need to find the strength to fight the darkness. I see him giving into it for a couple of episodes though. 410 for sure. 

I suspect that the emotional scene between Oliver and Donna probably will include a "What would Felicity want you to do?" type of question that pulls Oliver out of his dark spiral and lets him find a way to be the man that Felicity believed in with or without her there. 

• Love 2

SEASON 4B SPOILER COMPILATION (EPISODES 410 - 414)

S4, Episode 10: Blood Debts
-- Production code: 410.  Director: Jesse Warn.  Airdate: Jan. 20, 2016. (MG tweet, page 25 of Spoilers thread)
-- Donna Smoak will appear in this episode. (CR tweet, page 24 of Spoilers thread, and TVLine article, page 21 of Spoilers thread)
-- Pic of Starling General Hospital posted. Filming at Burnaby South Senior Secondary on Nov. 2, 2015.  (YVRShoots tweet, page 25 of Spoilers thread)
-- Pic of CR and SA on a hospital set. (CR tweet, page 258 of Social Media thread)
-- CR: "I, honestly, adore Stephen and his affection toward his beautiful daughter is touching. He is an awesome Daddy in real life! I think he likes our scenes together as we laugh a lot and, as you know, he has to be very serious most of the time so, it’s always nice to have a bit of levity in a scene for a change, I think. That doesn’t apply to the scene we will be filming this week- it’s a tearjerker!" (Emertainment Monthly article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- It sounds like there will be a big confrontation between DD (NM) and Malcolm (JB) in 410. (GreenArrowTV tweet, page 24 of Spoilers thread)
-- On the flashforward gravesite storyline, WM: "We will see a little bit, a hint of it in 409 and possibly 410. And then, towards the end of the season, it will all be revealed." (TheWrap article, page 25 of Spoilers thread)

S4, Episode 11: A.W.O.L.
-- Production code: 411.  Director: Charlotte Brandstrom.  Airdate: Jan. 27, 2016. (MG tweet, page 25 of Spoilers thread)
-- Felicity's code name appears for the first time in 411 and contains the letter "A".  (MG tumblr post, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- Brian Ford Sullivan (Writer): "Some next level tech happening right now on #Arrow 411 set.  All in the name a personal story we couldn't tell without it."  (BFS tweet, page 736 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Jean-Luc Dinsdale (VFX Supervisor): "@briforsul I’m working through a huge technical scene with an amazing actor, a great script, and a wonderful director. Couldn’t be happier!" (JLD tweet, pages 736 and 780 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Jean-Luc Dinsdale (VFX Supervisor): "Props to @EmilyBett - an incredibly talented actor and true professional. It’s a great pleasure to work with such amazing people! #Arrow" (JLD tweet, pages 736 and 780 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

S4, Episode 12: Unchained
-- Production code: 412.  Director: Kevin Fair.  Airdate: Feb. 3, 2016. (MG tweet, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- Felicity will be in 412.  (Speed Weed tweet, pages 678 and 724 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Roy Harper (CH) will appear in 412. (CH tweet and EW article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- Roy will only be in one episode (412).  He'll have scenes with the whole cast and with Thea.  (MG tumblr posts, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- The Calculator (TA) uses his advanced skills in computer science and internet manipulation to blackmail Roy (CH) out of retirement to do his bidding, which leads to an epic battle with Team Arrow.  He is set to appear in two episodes, beginning with 412.  (TVLine article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)

S4, Episode 13: Sins of the Father
-- Production code: 413.  Director: Gordon Verheul.  Airdate: Feb. 10, 2016.  (MG tweet, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- Mama Smoak appears in 413. (SciFiBloggers article, page 27 of Spoilers thread)
-- The Calculator (TA) may also be appearing in this episode.  (TVLine article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)

S4, Episode 14: TBA
-- Production code: TBA.  Director: James Bamford.  Airdate: TBA.
-- JBam is directing 414. (Arrow TV tweet, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per JBam, this episode has "2 very amazing actors from 2 different very amazing fandoms joining us=EPIC".  JBam: "HINT: SCI-FI and COMIC franchises outside the CW/DC Universe are their origin.....too wide open for ya! That's really too bad. Guess again." (JBam tweets, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per JBam, there's a scene in O&F's loft.  CR may also be in this episode. (JBam instagram, page 780 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

• Love 5

S4, Episode 14: TBA

-- Production code: TBA.  Director: James Bamford.  Airdate: TBA.

-- JBam is directing 414. (Arrow TV tweet, page 26 of Spoilers thread)

-- Per JBam, this episode has "2 very amazing actors from 2 different very amazing fandoms joining us=EPIC".  JBam: "HINT: SCI-FI and COMIC franchises outside the CW/DC Universe are their origin.....too wide open for ya! That's really too bad. Guess again." (JBam tweets, page 28 of Spoilers thread)

-- Per JBam, there's a scene in O&F's loft.  CR may also be in this episode. (JBam instagram, page 780 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Ummm i am starting to wonder if its someone from his previous works on Stargate?

Is it possible that no one is in the grave? That it's another fakeout? Perhaps Oliver must fake the death of BM/William/both to keep them safe from DD? And that means he'll never see his son again? I guess it's a stretch, but considering the ridiculous nonsense they push on this show, not entirely out of consideration.

• Love 1

I think they said someone really dies and that its a prominent character.I doubt its another fake out especially with Felicity not dying in the midseason.Teasing a death all season long and then not killing anyone would be too much even for them imo.

Though tbh I would love it if there was some way we never have to see BM or the kid,even a fake death.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 2

He'll sometimes need to do that himself.

I hope so but I don't think the show will let Oliver have that moment, at least not yet.

He'll go on a rampage, whether Felicity lives or dies. If Felicity lives, I think she'll be a little upset if any innocents are killed in Oliver's rampage. She'll feel guilty for reasons and they get pulled apart. If Felicity dies, Oliver goes on a rampage, and Laurel gets inserted as "Oliver's light" 2.0 because comics.  

Re-watching 409 (shocker, I know), but it got me wondering about where the GA and his team even falls under DD's radar? Even throughout this entire episode, Oliver was more of a priority to stop than anyone else I get that Oliver's "save the bay" stuff was more of an immediate conflict with HIVE's plans, but he seems unconcerned at all as to what the GA might even do. With the growing suspicion that Thea=Speedy, not to mention that Felicity seems to connect somehow to the GA now on two separate occasions, I thought that there would be some form of connection about Team Arrow in general from DD in this episode, but I wonder when that would happen now. I get that Malcolm being the GA can at least ward of the suspicion from Oliver for a little bit, but I would think that it would show that some of GA's teammates were MIA at the same time that Diggle, Thea, and Felicity were captured. 

• Love 1

Hmmm Felicity has been conected to Arrow several times right? At least through Quentin? Any idea if Quentin gave DD access to the files?

Maybe DD thinks Arrow was Roy, Green Arrow is Malcolm and Thea is Speedy. Practically a family business!

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

DD knows that Ray was talking to a Felicity and then the Green Arrow Gang show up to rescue him.  Very suspicious.

Not to mention that he knows that GA and BC came to save a Felicity after he kidnapped her and two people who's body types match those of fighters on Team Arrow. Like Felicity said, "he's evil, not stupid." Not saying he thinks that Oliver is GA, but he's got to know that something's up.

Why is Bamford tweeting that he won't be tweeting?  Does he think we're waiting breathless?

Not saying he thinks that Oliver is GA, but he's got to know that something's up.

He 'knows' that Oliver isn't GA because Oliver and GA both fought him at the same time,  Luckily Malcolm's body shape is enough like Oliver's that he wouldn't be suspicious -- Roy or Barry couldn't have pulled that off and Diggle in whiteface would be on the gas chamber level.  It makes sense that GA and BC would show up to rescue Felicity, Thea and Diggle since they are prominent citizens who were kidnapped in a public place but BC's hair may be a give-away since Laurel is working with Oliver on the tip line.

He may suspect that Oliver has ties to the Green Arrow through Felicity and his vibes about Thea.  But Felicity's out of the equation, for now at least, and DD's already got enough reason to go after Oliver.

• Love 2

Echo and Laura Stepford are filming. They are both dressed up. Echo fav'd a tweet saying he is filming with Stephen/Emily/David. CR hasn't posted a selfie with EBR.  Bamford said they are filming the largest sequence, that has nothing to do with action.

Are they going with an interrupted married trope? I say interrupted because I have a hard time believing they will get married before the 100th episode. 

Echo and Laura Stepford are filming. They are both dressed up. Echo fav'd a tweet saying he is filming with Stephen/Emily/David. CR hasn't posted a selfie with EBR.  Bamford said they are filming the largest sequence, that has nothing to do with action.

Are they going with an interrupted married trope? I say interrupted because I have a hard time believing they will get married before the 100th episode. 

I've heard that twitter suspects it's an engagement party

Whether it's a wedding or an engagement party, I find it weird that they would invite her. Make her a villain! Have her show up for her own nefarious purposes and Oliver and Felicity are too embarrassed to turn her away. And then she unfolds a cunning plan. I love and hate Darhk, but I really need more villains this season.

What if Felicity doesn't find out about Oliver's secret son until 414?  And then she breaks up with him in the middle of their engagement party?  That would be consistent with the way the EPs like to ruin happy moments.

• Love 4

Campaign celebration makes more sense. If they did have an engagement party, I think it would be their inner circle, and I don't see Thea or Barry calling the Hoffman's to give them a heads up. A campaign or an election celebration is a public thing however. How long are they gonna hold off the elections anyhow? I know that the one in S2 was later on in the season, but this city has been without a mayor for a while now. Just elect the dumb SOB who wants a red target on his chest already.

• Love 1

If you think about it, an Engagement party would/should have Barry/Cisco/Caitlin and maybe even Iris in attendance.  I get the woman from Ivy Town being there makes people suspect Engagement party because why else would she show up in SC?  

The real question is big break up scene/kid reveal or Darhk crashes the party again? Any other options? It is a sweeps episode afterall. Public proposal so public split?

Large gathering of people. Something is bound to go wrong.

I can't see them having an engagement party at all. I'd guess it's more to do with Oliver's mayoral campaign.

Edit: I misunderstood who 'Laura Stepford' was but she's the woman from Ivy Town? So okay. Maybe an engagement party is more likely. They just never seemed like party kind of people tbh.

Edited by Guest

I think everybody is right... It's probably a combined engagement/FS is healed & mayoral celebration party and it will probably end badly. Ivy Town neighbor probably got invited because OQ seemed to become good friends with them so he probably wants to share his happiness. I could see it getting crashed by DD or TAmandes character. I could see it being the ep when O/F decide to take some time apart at the end. I hope it's not a public break-up moment because I feel like that scene is going to be emotionally raw without needing to make it a public spectacle because of EBR & SA. But I could see it coming at the end of the party and a sad cut to black.

I don't see O/F as a couple that would throw a party for themselves, but I see them attending a lot of parties because of the nature of the work they both do. So if its an engagement party than it has a secondary purposes. Just like the Queen's Christmas Party was always portrayed as networking thing. That all being said, I do really think OQ loves to be a hosts and have gatherings, so now that he is embracing all of himself perhaps he will be returning to having more parties (yea for audience). In every season (except 3) he threw a party to celebrate someone or create a cover for something else. I honestly thing OQ as written right now would make an amazing First Lady. He definitely has a Jackie O/Michelle Obama quality about him. The perfect combination of inspiration and getting the job done. I believe in his leadership abilities, but I do see him loving the hosting duties of his new role as mayor.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

It's not that I can't see them throwing an engagement party, it's that I imagine that it would be a somewhat expanded version of the gathering from the crossover. Laura Hoffman does not fit that bill. Yeah, Oliver was friendly with her, but they were neighbors for two or three months tops, and I think the friendliness comes from the fačt that at his core Oliver is a social person. Which also factors into his party throwing tendencies.

• Love 1

I could see Donna throwing them a surprise engagement party, possibly as a surprise during a campaign event.  

In any case, I find the timing in 414 interesting, because I feel like it's been heavily implied by WM and MG that Felicity finds out about William and BM during one of the episodes with her father. Ever since Felicity's line in 409 about getting through the hard things together, I've felt less certain that she and Oliver would break up once the secret comes out. I think I'm going to add this as another tick in the "not breaking up" column.

• Love 3

I don't think they will officially "break-up", but I do think they will spend some time apart. I can see FS storming off and needing air or space. It's in her characterization that storming off is how she handles emotional stress at times. She's done it with OQ, her Mom and I think even RP. I can see them having some very emotionally brutal conversations with each other over it. I think it will lead to a big fight or two, however, like most normal adult relationships big fights do not equal breaking up. They equal time and space apart for people to think about the situation & perhaps cool down. OQ will most definitely be spending some time in the metaphorical "doghouse" or on Dig's couch.

Even as an audience member, it took me & others a few days to process what & why the writers did what they did. Just look back at the threads & reviews, the initial response was anger, but a lot of that has evaporated or changed to let's actually use this experience to fix it so it doesn't happen again. Some factions of the audience is still angry with OQ. If this BM drama is going to play out realistically, I can not imagine FS not initially being really angry at OQ's actions. However, her being really angry with him to me does not equal a break-up. But I will call major bullshit on the writing, if she just accepts his behavior without a moment of being completely pissed off at OQ. There has to be an emotionally raw moment from her and I feel like it's going to be an angry one. I think she will eventually understand his actions and forgive him. I feel like they will come out stronger as a couple because of it. FTR - It's still completely obnoxious (& unnecessary) the way the writers are forcing us through this plot line, but in the end I think it will be less damaging than first estimates.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

I don't think that Felicity is going to be angry or leave him.

She might be hurt that he didn't tell her but she won't be angry for the sheer fact that he has a son that BM hasn't told him about even though he's been home for 3 1/2 years! She will be furious with BM for keeping that from Oliver and the kid. This will be why she won't get angry because she will go into the 'how dare she keep his son from knowing his father.'

That's what I would do. When she finds that he had only know a few days at most and was processing this revelation will only strengthen her bond with him because she will identify with the kid and sympathize with Oliver. She will also be livid with Moira for letting this happen in the first place r.i.p.

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 3

Totally agree that her anger is going to be keeping the secret. Not the actual content of the secret. I don't think she is going to be upset about the child at all. In fact, OQ trying to honor the BM's wishes as a means to protect the kid and be part of his life is probably going to be a big part of her empathizing with the situation post-emotional outburst. The kid's existence & OQ wanting to be a part of his life is probably helping OQ. And I feel like she will have some anger towards MQ, but the show probably won't get into that. I hope that her anger towards BM dissipates as well because I really want there to be little residual drama between BM/William & O/F once the story is played out for dramatic effect.