Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

He was 22-years-old, and an idiot, and he'd just found out he'd knocked up some random woman.  His initial reaction isn't an indication of what his eventual reaction would have been.  Probably a couple million 22-year-olds find out they're going to be parents every year, and most of them get to make the choice whether to be parents, even the douchebags.

The Baby Mama is the only person who had final say over the status of that pregnancy. Even if Oliver knew about it she could have chosen to terminate the pregnancy even after taking Moira's money. 

But this is getting oddly contentious, so I'll just leave the discussion here because I really don't feel like getting into a real world argument over this. I think Oliver Queen would have been a shit parent at that time of his life.  Agree to disagree. 

I was just thinking about some of the teasers that were released today, and I'm changing my awkward hug candidate from Barry to Cisco. Cisco hugs Oliver (for whatever reason), and vibes about Baby Mama, leading to that revelation from Barry in that NZ preview. That would likely mean that the secret Oliver was asked to keep wouldn't be about the kid. Maybe it's something to do with Malcolm/his return? 

• Love 4

Yeah. That's his kid.

Bleugh.

Also, I want to talk about the episode but I still don't know where to go and I just checked The Flash episode thread and no thank you.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Felicity looks REALLY upset in that promo. HEY AT LEAST HE TELLS HER. 

Also, I'm not worried about her reaction. She might need time processing but she'll end up supporting him (I mean why else would she accept his proposal in episode 9?)

• Love 1

Yeah, I actually wasn't expecting her to be that upset but then it depends what he says. He could be saying 'I need to keep away from him' or whatever and she doesn't think he should, given that she grew up without a dad. Who knows?

Didn't really like FS expression in that preview. I think it will be fine in the end, I'm just not looking fwd to FS giving OQ a hard time for not telling her about the BabyMama from years ago. Since really all he knew was that the baby had died. So scary baby scare, but its not like he was keeping secrets. And I hope they don't have him keep it a secret for too long this upcoming episode. Wait for confirmation that its his and then tell her.

I hope they wrap this whole kid stuff up in 4x08 because I have no use nor do I want to have any use for some kid on Arrow. Flash was doing so good until those last few seconds! So if Oliver had this realization on his own, why did they show Barry telling him he may be someone's dad, guess they decided to go a different route and just used that still in the promo!

• Love 6

So if Oliver had this realization on his own, why did they show Barry telling him he may be someone's dad, guess they decided to go a different route and just used that still in the promo!

I'm guessing the Barry line will be in Arrow tomorrow to drive it home for the few slow folks who are watching. And TPTB will pat themselves on the back and marvel at how they are game changers.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1

I hope they wrap this whole kid stuff up in 4x08 because I have no use nor do I want to have any use for some kid on Arrow. Flash was doing so good until those last few seconds! So if Oliver had this realization on his own, why did they show Barry telling him he may be someone's dad, guess they decided to go a different route and just used that still in the promo!

I have a feeling, that OQ will have that feeling and then BA will be the one to do the investigating. BA with his super speed and SCPD connections will probably be able to check out the BabyMama's story. Which could also then explain the awkward "I think you're somebody's dad" because that is still not eloquent speech, but it does make sense if BA went on a mission to figure out if OQ was a father.

CVL5iMkW4AARoqY.jpg CVL5LrsWsAAsLoF.jpg

So this is going to be fun.

Wait so did Oliver bring Barry along? Maybe this is something you two should talk about without him lurking in the background just saying. They both look so miserable well there goes that sense of peace he gets from Felicity at least for this episode. I'm sure they'll work it out!

Wait so did Oliver bring Barry along? Maybe this is something you two should talk about without him lurking in the background just saying. They both look so miserable well there goes that sense of peace he gets from Felicity at least for this episode. I'm sure they'll work it out!

IIRC, there are other people standing behind Oliver. It's not just Barry.

• Love 1

IIRC, there are other people standing behind Oliver. It's not just Barry

Which damn writer thought that would be a grand idea? Just crush her in front of everyone. Now even more than ever I hope they wrap this storyline up in this one episode!

I hope this is misleading because I honestly can't think of any good reason for Felicity to get upset about this except FOR DRAMA. This happened long before they met, and Oliver wasn't hiding it from her - he just found out himself. I really don't know why they would go that way with it.:(

• Love 3

If it's his kid, how can they possibly wrap it up in one episode, and have O/F be happy enough to get engaged in a week?

SO WEIRD.

Fingers crossed the girl had a penchant for blue-eyed douchebags and we still have hope. Not counting on it, but hey.

• Love 6

OMG, Oliver knows he has a son!

Well he suspects it, at least, 'cause he's not an idiot. You'll have to wait to see how that plays out tomorrow when the gang heads over to Central City, but know that it will be addressed.

From: http://www.eonline.com/news/720415/the-flash-arrow-crossover-s-love-story-is-just-like-a-channing-tatum-movie

I can't believe Wrongda of all people is giving me hope the kid is not Oliver's son.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

Fully aware I might be overreacting to something we don't know for sure how it's going to play out yet, but after watching Flash 208 and then the preview for tomorrow's Arrow ep I'm mostly pissed, haha. They have GOLD with Oliver and Felicity, especially when they're happy together, as shown in Flash 208. Why would you want to mess that dynamic up with ~le angst/drama galore? 

Oh right. Dramatic television.

Sigh.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 5

If it's his kid, how can they possibly wrap it up in one episode, and have O/F be happy enough to get engaged in a week?

SO WEIRD.

According to Chris zap2it, he sort of spoiled that they don't wrap it the kid story up completely and it will be something they deal with for some episodes to come. I asked him if the kid arc will be handled well and maturely he said this:

I will say it left me intrigued for the episodes to come. Olly's grown up a lot. But is it enough?

I think that Felicity will end up supporting him by the end of the episode (after being upset/whatever)... And I think that, that's good enough for Oliver wanting to ask her to marry him. THey won't be blissfully happy, but I think/hopefully they come out of episode 8 stronger which is why Oliver asks her. 

From: http://www.eonline.com/news/720415/the-flash-arrow-crossover-s-love-story-is-just-like-a-channing-tatum-movie

I can't believe Wrongda of all people is giving me hope the kid is not Oliver's son.

LOL, what about that gave you hope?

According to Chris zap2it, he sort of spoiled that they don't wrap it the kid story up completely and it will be something they deal with for some episodes to come. 

gIaHlVe.gif

Seriously. No thanks. At all. 

• Love 13

I hope this is misleading because I honestly can't think of any good reason for Felicity to get upset about this except FOR DRAMA. This happened long before they met, and Oliver wasn't hiding it from her - he just found out himself. I really don't know why they would go that way with it.:(

These are the writers who gave us season 3?

• Love 2

Fully aware I might be overreacting to something we don't know for sure how it's going to play out yet, but after watching Flash 208 and then the preview for tomorrow's Arrow ep I'm mostly pissed, haha. They have GOLD with Oliver and Felicity, especially when they're happy together, as shown in Flash 208. Why would you want to mess that up with ~le angst/drama galore? 

Oh right. Dramatic television.

Sigh.

I mean.. I guess I'm in the minority. If I think the angst is good angst, I'll like it. Couples aren't always happy. All I ask for is for them to make Oliver/Felicity hurdle through every obstacle maturely and don't let the drama bog them down like it did last season. Some drama is good, but not a ton. 

• Love 5

I don't mind some angst, particularly if it's well written. But this show hasn't really faired well on that side of things. Plus kid angst feels unnecessary, especially when the kid isn't even comic canon Connor. WTF. So pointless. 

• Love 9

I don't mind some angst, particularly if it's well written. But this show hasn't really faired well on that side of things. Plus kid angst feels unnecessary, especially when the kid isn't even comic canon Connor. WTF. So pointless. 

Yep yep. It's their own fault for screwing up the casting, but I agree, if it's not Connor, why? The whole point of the kid seemed to be a nod to the comics, and NOW they're going to deviate? 

It's totally unnecessary, because it's too early in the series for kids, and it's not even Connor.  So WHAT IS THE POINT.  And O/F have plenty of angst already, I mean they have a magical supervillain to deal with, Oliver's sister wanting to murder people, all of them being vigilantes, Felicity being a CEO, Felicity having an absentee father, etc.  They've got plenty going on, and plenty of crap to angst about (hello limo ride from hell coming up), but they ALSO throw in a totally pointless surprise kid?  When kids coming onto adult shows is NEVER a plus?  Why?

• Love 3

Because I suck at math, how old is this kid anyway? He looked a bit emo tweeney, and, thank you, but no, please don't add that to Arrow.

The flashback was 7 years ago last year, so 8 years ago now, she'd need 9 months to bake the kid, so I guess he's 7-ish?

I've decided to be hopeful :p I'm totally going to suffer for this

• Love 2

Yeah. That's his kid.

Bleugh.

Also, I want to talk about the episode but I still don't know where to go and I just checked The Flash episode thread and no thank you.

Yeah, I'd like to talk about the Arrow parts of the episode. The Flash parts with the metahumans and the LoT nonsense about ancient Egyptian lives was too farfetched for me to care about. I will say there is a serious difference in the acting skills between Flash actors and Arrow actors.

• Love 3

Was struggling reconciling how Oliver and Felicity go from HAPPY! in Flash 208 to Kid Reveal! and confrontation! to engagement the following episode, but I really am wondering if there's some kind of so called reunion scene between Oliver and Felicity before the end of Arrow 408. An emotional one, with Oliver confessing to Felicity how he feels about the kid, all the stuff he's missed out on, how it sucks that Baby Mama/Samantha might not want Oliver in the kid's life etc etc, and Felicity comforting Oliver and they come out stronger from that.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Felicity saying something like, they'll face it (the kid and whatever else) together -- and this is what makes Oliver feel secure enough to propose to her the following episode.

• Love 2

"Anna's very talented and has lots of opportunities, and she really [put faith in] us when we said, 'Hey, you do one scene for us…and we promise in two years we will make this a real part and have it really be part of the show,'" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said after a recent screening of the crossover. "And to her credit, because she's an amazing person, she said yes."

A real part of the show. Haha, no thanks. Sorry Anna.

• Love 17

Was struggling reconciling how Oliver and Felicity go from HAPPY! in Flash 208 to Kid Reveal! and confrontation! to engagement the following episode, but I really am wondering if there's some kind of so called reunion scene between Oliver and Felicity before the end of Arrow 408. An emotional one, with Oliver confessing to Felicity how he feels about the kid, all the stuff he's missed out on, how it sucks that Baby Mama/Samantha might not want Oliver in the kid's life etc etc, and Felicity comforting Oliver and they come out stronger from that.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Felicity saying something like, they'll face it (the kid and whatever else) together -- and this is what makes Oliver feel secure enough to propose to her the following episode.

This. I can't see how we go from baby mama angst and Olicity being all at odds or whatever happens, to Oliver wanting to propose in 409. They must have an emotional talk and sort things out as much as they can. Je refuse! 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I've decided to be hopeful :p I'm totally going to suffer for this

The thing is, no matter how great O/F are about the whole subject, at the end of the day we'll have a kid on the show.  So it's angst with a side of unnecessary boring stupid bullshit, and even when the angst goes away the boring bullshit side WILL BE AROUND FOREVER.  It's basically creamed corn served with every meal for the rest of your life, and you have to eat it.  

• Love 1