Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm confused about the hints they are giving on Felicity's father. We had in 305 Donna saying that he left, with some resentment in her voice. Then in 318 all that stuff about PapaSmoak being proud of Felicity if he could see her blah blah, even though they alluded at him not being the best role model. Now CR in interviews has been saying he was cruel. So...??

As an aside, I want Donna to find the ring while roaming the loft, ahah.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 6

Felicity has been the best thing about these clips. I love the crazy and flip to passive aggressive. Lol

I'm betting these clips are actually in order. Opening fight, Oliver at PT, Ray scene, Dinner Scene.

I think after they find out about Ray, Oliver leaves to talk to Lance and Felicity gets mad because she wants to go but Oliver tells her to stay with her Mom and he will handle it.

• Love 1

Donna finding the ring would be hysterical in Charlotte Ross' hands.

We're getting mixed messages about Felicity's father but I suspect part of that is because they're making this up as they go along (again), and CR maybe didn't know he was a bad man morally when she shot 3.18.   I can fanwank it as trying to give Felicity the good parts of him (like he would have given Ray the nanites) while holding back the bad (he left, he was cruel).

Was there really that much clamoring for Smoaknlance?

There were a lot of tweets about it after her first appearance.

For the writers, I can see them jumping at the chance to bring in some humor into the angsty storyline this year.  And some scenes that make the audience root for Quentin if he's the one in the grave.

"How'd that very important doctor's appointment go, hon?"

"Pain? You okay, hon?"

The Smoak women share a vocabulary.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

I'm staying away from the rest of the clips. One was enough. I'm being good!

As for these hints about Felicity's dad, maybe Donna was right in s3 in that he would be proud of Felicity because she's his daughter but that doesn't stop him being cruel to Donna. Maybe there are a lot of things she's protected Felicity from. We just don't know yet. Either way I'm really intrigued to meet this guy eventually.

Interesting the "bruise" we thought was on Donna in the BTS pics was actually smudge from cooking? Same with the crazy hair? Guess we know where Felicity got her cooking "skills" from

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

Oh, of that I'm sure. The problem for me is, I think the writers have no idea either yet. IDK, it's just that the tone of that whole 'oh, your father would be so proud of you', kinda wistful, doesn't mix well with cruel to me. I know it's not Charlotte Ross's fault, she just works with what she's given. But I could understand the 'she tries not to put him in a bad light with Felicity', if it was just that he left and wasn't exactly a good guy, not so much with this new piece of info- which I realize we don't really have yet. Maybe the episode will have something more.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Between the clips and KC's social media silence today, while Echo, CR, EBR, BR, the director, Wendy, and SA are on an interview and social media blitz, means this is not an LL episode.

She wasn't on set for 5 days of shooting, so it's definitely not.

• Love 2

Cruel fits in with him being a villain. I think they do have an idea where they are going with Felicity's dad. However, I don't think it was their original concept. 

ETA: I still don't think CR knows anything. I just think she is going off of what EBR and WM said about him being a villain.

Edited by 10Eleven12

So what could the sad scene be about that she (CR) mentioned to filming this week with SA? She also called it a tearjerker (I'm starting to think that every year the people behind and Arrow are instructed to use one word as often as possible...MG usually is the king of using the same phrase over and over again) 

• Love 2

Huh, so Oliver actually lied to Felicity in that comic preview when he said Donna asked to come. Charlotte Ross, in interviews, is saying Oliver asked her to visit, LOL! I wonder if Felicity finds out and this is part of the fight. 

Could be! Probably because she's been acting a little manic - maybe that's got something to do with the "always fixing everything" or whatever she says.

• Love 1

Oh, of that I'm sure. The problem for me is, I think the writers have no idea either yet. IDK, it's just that the tone of that whole 'oh, your father would be so proud of you', kinda wistful, doesn't mix well with cruel to me. I know it's not Charlotte Ross's fault, she just works with what she's given. But I could understand the 'she tries not to put him in a bad light with Felicity', if it was just that he left and wasn't exactly a good guy, not so much with this new piece of info- which I realize we don't really have yet. Maybe the episode will have something more.

Well, abandoning his family is cruel and we knew that.  He doesn't have to be a sociopath or constantly playing head games to be cruel.

• Love 2

Could be! Probably because she's been acting a little manic - maybe that's got something to do with the "always fixing everything" or whatever she says.

Yeah, that's my thinking, too. Felicity being neurotic, Oliver can't quite handle, asks Mama Smoak for help.

This is the first time since the third episode I've actually been excited again :)

• Love 3

In the interview I just posted in Spoilers Only she mentions a scene she is shooting this week with SA that's a tearjerker. In the hospital, by a comatose Felicity?

Do we know which episode they're filming now?  Because I think 4.10 had the Oliver rampage, which I figured didn't work with Felicity being in the hospital, but apinknightmare pointed out that he could be rampaging in the beginning and then find her in the second half, which is when she's in the hospital in a coma or whatever.  Plus EBR seems to have had a lot of free time lately, which would make sense if she was absent bc kidnapped for most of 4.10.

They would have been filming 4x10 (it is supposed to wrap 11/10).

Is the Oliver rampage from 4x10 or 4x08? I thought GG or SA mentioned finishing up some of 4x08 that night.

If it is from 4x10, I'm not convinced he spends the whole time in the hospital. He may leave to rampage.

I thought they would talk about Sara and the bloodlust. That sounds like the sub-plot (going off the synopsis). Normally, they talk about both.

Edited by 10Eleven12

They would have been filming 4x10 (it is supposed to wrap 11/10).

Is the Oliver rampage from 4x10 or 4x08? I thought GG or SA mentioned finishing up some of 4x08 that night.

If it is from 4x10, I'm not convinced he spends the whole time in the hospital. He may leave to rampage.

I'm of two minds about this, but I think this Oliver wouldn't leave her in the hospital to get revenge against her attackers or anything.  He'd stay with her while trusting his team to do whatever re the kidnapper.  So I'm guessing the rampage is post-kidnapping to find her, then he stays with her.

Is CR in 4.11?  If not, that would imply the medical danger is over by then, bc Donna wouldn't leave while Felicity's in the hospital.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I'm of two minds about this, but I think this Oliver wouldn't leave her in the hospital to get revenge against her attackers or anything.  He'd stay with her while trusting his team to do whatever re the kidnapper.  So I'm guessing the rampage is post-kidnapping to find her, then he stays with her.

There could always be a moment where say Donna or the doctor says there is nothing you can do right now, go home, rest blah, blah and he instead goes and distracts himself by trying to get answers. 

I won't hold it against him if he does leave because the show runners might think it makes for better TV but I agree that this Oliver personality wise would be inclined to stay at her side. 

• Love 2

Well, abandoning his family is cruel and we knew that. He doesn't have to be a sociopath or constantly playing head games to be cruel.

He didn't leave us in a very nice way. I've also alluded to the fact that not only is he not nice, but he could possible be cruel,

This quote makes me think she's not referring just to the 'leave his family' part. But as of now there's not much to discuss upon, we'll see what they have in store. I just hope it's good :)

I am ridiculously excited for this episode. That scene of the emoji is great :)

• Love 2

Considering that they have tried to spend as little time possible on the Sara storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a huge part of the episode. Felicitys storyline will probably be a lot tighter which is how all these storylines should be.

• Love 2

Is it 8:00 yet? This week's episode looks like so much fun. I can't wait.

A little more than 5 1/2 hours to go!

With the way last week was first spoiled by the leak and then frankly spoiled by the content, I feel like I've been waiting fricken' forever for this episode. 

• Love 1

Is CR in 4.11?  If not, that would imply the medical danger is over by then, bc Donna wouldn't leave while Felicity's in the hospital.

I heard one theory that I really liked. It's not Felicity but Diggle that's in the hospital. He gets hurt protecting Felicity. It would explain everyone being at the house and Oliver out looking for Felicity. It could also segue into AWOL (which sounds like it may be a Diggle episode). 

Considering that they have tried to spend as little time possible on the Sara storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a huge part of the episode. Felicitys storyline will probably be a lot tighter which is how all these storylines should be.

They do have to walk a tight line with Sara. The vast majority of her issues has to be done on LOT. So the most I think they can do is give the audience a taste and then send her on her way. It basically makes for really weak story telling, that was made weaker by really shitty writing.

• Love 2

I figured the bloodlust storyline is the C-story. Finding Ray is the A-story, Oliver, Felicity, Donna is the B. The inside the ep would focus on the A and B story. Also what else are they going to say about the bloodlust, we already know about it. They want to talk about new storylines. 

• Love 1

It just occurred to me that when Donna meets Lance she is going to call him Dr. Lance. I can totally see her mentioning she has always wanted to have hospital sex. What if Doc becomes a pet name? 

• Love 4

I'm confused about the hints they are giving on Felicity's father. We had in 305 Donna saying that he left, with some resentment in her voice. Then in 318 all that stuff about PapaSmoak being proud of Felicity if he could see her blah blah, even though they alluded at him not being the best role model. Now CR in interviews has been saying he was cruel. So...??

As an aside, I want Donna to find the ring while roaming the loft, ahah.

My thoughts, exaxtly. Even though I can see Donna not badmouthing Felicity's father in front of her, I have a hard time believing that she'd stay with a cruel individual or care enough, if at all, that a cruel individual would be proud of Felicity and mention it to her. It doesn't fit with her attitude facing death and Felicity's asshole ex.

I'd say it's retcon, if retcon means "we didn't have a plan and we changed our mind". I did feel some wistful vibes and it must have been in S3x05 because I didn't see S3x18 (I'm not even sure I saw the Smoak ladies scenes on YT).

Looking forward to lots of Donna, Felicity, Oliver. And I'm curious to see if Quentin and Donna have chemistry.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3

Is ep 407 when the bloodlust comes up again, or it this episode when Thea kills someone during the Ray rescue?  Sara has to work out her bloodlust issues on LoT but will Thea deal with them now or over the whole season?

So if Oliver's been texting with Donna behind Felicity's back, I guess he doesn't have grounds to say anything about her working with Team Arrowless during their trip.

So what could the sad scene be about that she (CR) mentioned to filming this week with SA? She also called it a tearjerker (I'm starting to think that every year the people behind and Arrow are instructed to use one word as often as possible...MG usually is the king of using the same phrase over and over again)

Tearjerker is the new epic or gamechanger :)

There could always be a moment where say Donna or the doctor says there is nothing you can do right now, go home, rest blah, blah and he instead goes and distracts himself by trying to get answers.

I won't hold it against him if he does leave because the show runners might think it makes for better TV but I agree that this Oliver personality wise would be inclined to stay at her side.

Him finding out information and stopping a bad guy is also what FS would want him to do. They've always been people of action. I can see him having vigil at her bedside until Donna comes. Cue emotional tearjerker convo & OQ hits the streets for a little bit before he returns to his vigil. So it's not just better TV for me it's also realistic. OQ would never leave FS alone without someone who loves her at her bedside, but if Donna is there he can have piece of mind that he can leave to get the job done.

I feel like it's definitely looking like something puts FS in the hospital for a serious injury in winter finale.The evidence is stacking up.

ETA - I do like the theory 10eleven12 brought up about Dig being in hospital for protecting FS. Would be nice but not sure if DS would have tearjerker convo with OQ instead of FS. Never thought I would say it but i might be getting excited about prospect of FS or Dig in the hospital. Weird how that is happening.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Him finding out information and stopping a bad guy is also what FS would want him to do. They've always been people of action. I can see him having vigil at her bedside until Donna comes. Cue emotional tearjerker convo & OQ hits the streets for a little bit before he returns to his vigil. So it's not just better TV for me it's also realistic. OQ would never leave FS alone without someone who loves her at her bedside, but if Donna is there he can have piece of mind that he can leave to get the job done.

I feel like it's definitely looking like something puts FS in the hospital for a serious injury in winter finale.The evidence is stacking up.

I really can see it both ways.  Old Oliver definitely would have hit the streets to get his revenge on.  I do think there's a decent character chance that New Oliver won't leave her bedside.  Who knows what they'll do for plot, though.  There is also a good chance she's in continuing danger...I mean if it's Darhk who kidnaps her and they get her back it's not like Darhk just leaves her alone after that.  I'm not sure that Oliver would trust anyone else to keep her safe in the hospital, and obviously he wouldn't leave just Donna there to protect her.

• Love 1

I really can see it both ways. Old Oliver definitely would have hit the streets to get his revenge on. I do think there's a decent character chance that New Oliver won't leave her bedside. Who knows what they'll do for plot, though. There is also a good chance she's in continuing danger...I mean if it's Darhk who kidnaps her and they get her back it's not like Darhk just leaves her alone after that. I'm not sure that Oliver would trust anyone else to keep her safe in the hospital, and obviously he wouldn't leave just Donna there to protect her.

Agree but he could leave Dig to watch over her. I think they could do either and have it be about character and not plot. The new OQ is a hybrid of the old and the new, so they could do many things that are organic to the characters and the relationship, but not just plotty.