Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I will not say anything about Laurel... I WILL NOT. 

Anywhooooo, I'm excited to see Oliver's story this episode. I'm not looking forward to the return of Felicity crying, but I actually want to see how she is when she's a bit 'neurotic'. 

BEST THING ABOUT TONIGHT'S EPISODE. THE RETURN OF SALLY. :')

ALSO HOW THE HELL IS THIS THE YEAR OF DIGGLE?!

I too am curious about just how neurotic Felicity gets, and wonder if that's the reason for Mama Smoak's visit. Could Oliver have called her to come? Might explain why according to MG Felicity's reaction Donna and Oliver is "pissed." 

And I think Year of Diggle as well as Felicity's real arc are being pushed back until after all the spinoff crap is done. 

• Love 2

If it turns out they are doing it on purpose and they either turn Laurel into a full-blown villain or write her as having an acknowledged psychotic break, I will be impressed.  Otherwise, they just have no idea what they're doing.

I actually can see them doing this on purpose -- not that Laurel's in the middle of a psychotic break, but that they're giving Laurel the most crazy ass story beats on purpose, because this is the single way the character generates a good amount of conversation -- by everyone calling her a nutjob.

♪♫ It's a world gone crazy keeps woman in chains.

• Love 10

It's interesting that despite this being supposedly a big Lance ep, there's really not that much out there in terms of publicity. I saw a couple of Paul Blackthorne interviews, but Laurel as a character is not generating stories. I mean, ET and other major entertainment sites are talking about the freakin' Olicity ring, for goodness sake!

• Love 2

So you think they're intentionally destroying Laurel as a functional character because at least that way people will talk about her?  Then what, act like it never happened and hope people forget when they start writing her as more or less sane again?

Yeah they had Thea down there with her who let her out. She wasn't down there to watch her. They spent less then 7 minutes on this storyline last episode, they clearly have no intention of writing it well.

Oh, I didn't think they were going to write it well - we're past that point. I was kind of hoping that they'd stop writing Laurel as a moron, but I guess we're past that, too.

So you think they're intentionally destroying Laurel as a functional character because at least that way people will talk about her?  Then what, act like it never happened and hope people forget when they start writing her as more or less sane again?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Maybe Laurel never comes back from this.  Maybe we've just begun a long descent into a bottomless pit of crazy.  

• Love 2

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Maybe Laurel never comes back from this.  Maybe we've just begun a long descent into a bottomless pit of crazy.  

At some point that will start to make the rest of Team Arrow look stupid for not cutting her loose or working to institutionalize her.  I have loved that Oliver hasn't done anything stupid so far this season, and REALLY want it to stay that way.  If she keeps becoming more and more insane, they have to kick her off the team or THEY are being stupid.

It makes me a little nervous about how they are going to handle bringing Ray back. I need Felicity to stay Felicity and by that I mean smart and not secret keeping for stupid reasons.  

What I find interesting is they aren't giving Laurel an episode to deal with Sara and motivations and what not. This feels like a total Lance episode. Diving into his motivations and exploring his response to Sara/Laurel. I highly doubt we will get that from Laurel. I'm thinking a couple brief scenes in this episode between Sara and Laurel (picture showing and choking) before Lance shows up.

The next episode is Constantine. They aren't going to waste Constantine on Laurel. He will be featured the most with Oliver.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Yep. Of course I have no idea what's the intent behind it, but if I put myself into the writers' place -- nothing has worked so far, and I'm stuck with this character for whatever reason? -- hell yeah, I'd use Laurel for crazy shit storytelling. No Consequences Laurel frees her to be used for anything, if I think about it. It just happened that they needed Sara back somehow, and No Consequences Laurel was available to do some super crazy shit to achieve it.

• Love 2
It makes me a little nervous about how they are going to handle bringing Ray back. I need Felicity to stay Felicity and by that I mean smart and not secret keeping for stupid reasons.

Well, they're already kinda making Felicity less than she is during this RP thing by having her go to Curtis when in the past she would have solved her phone problem no problem. I mean it's code! She's a hacker! She doesn't need help for this part. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 18

I actually considered this last week because no one was really talking about Laurel until she decided to go batshit crazy and dig up her dead sister. I found a lot of apathy for the whole BC thing but now at least people are talking about her. I honestly wouldn't put it past them, especially as she'll suffer no long term consequences (seriously, I know I repeat myself here but this is what pisses me off the most).

Well, they're already kinda making Felicity less than she is during this RP thing by having her go to Curtis when in the past she would have solved her phone problem no problem. I mean it's code! She's a hacker! She doesn't need help for this part. 

THIS. I already dislike this storyline because it involves Ray and he's the actual worst but they've already made her slightly OOC when she was so blasé about her phone acting up. Um, no freaking way would Felicity Smoak shrug off her phone going weird. Just no. So I'm dreading it a lot, particularly because I can already hear the basement cries about her crying again.

Well, at least some people (you know who you are and should be ASHAMED of yourselves) have forgotten what a total misogynistic manipulative scumbag Ray the Cane Toad was for the first 18 episodes, so it'll probably work. 

• Love 5

I actually considered this last week because no one was really talking about Laurel until she decided to go batshit crazy and dig up her dead sister. I found a lot of apathy for the whole BC thing but now at least people are talking about her. I honestly wouldn't put it past them, especially as she'll suffer no long term consequences (seriously, I know I repeat myself here but this is what pisses me off the most).

THIS. I already dislike this storyline because it involves Ray and he's the actual worst but they've already made her slightly OOC when she was so blasé about her phone acting up. Um, no freaking way would Felicity Smoak shrug off her phone going weird. Just no. So I'm dreading it a lot, particularly because I can already hear the basement cries about her crying again.

Ugh yes cause crying isn't cool. She's too emotional. How dare she not be a robot. Idiotic responses from those people

Sara honey you're better off not knowing who you really are when it comes to Laurel

Wow, they managed to make Lance look batshit, too. Why is he looking all misty at his daugther chained up against the wall while clearly not knowing who in the hell she is? Oh, show.

Wait. Are you saying Laurel doesn't even tell him about Sara before showing him? No warnings as to what he can expect?

Wait. Are you saying Laurel doesn't even tell him about Sara before showing him? No warnings as to what he can expect?

I'm not sure what she told him before, but he didn't seem all that upset about it? He actually seems overcome (with happy feels) when Laurel is showing Sara pictures of the three of them together, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And I really need Laurel to stop referring to him as Daddy.

Edited by apinknightmare

That would be a great scene if it weren't for how the overall story is being played out

Okay. I read that wrong. I thought you were saying Lance didn't know who she is.

Any pictures of Dinah? lol

Speaking of DInah, do they even plan on following that up? She isn't in any of the episodes and hasn't been brought up since she told Laurel to avenge her sister.

That would be a great scene if it weren't for how the overall story is being played out

Speaking of DInah, do they even plan on following that up? She isn't in any of the episodes and hasn't been brought up since she told Laurel to avenge her sister.

She's probably off somewhere being a terrible person.

• Love 2

This is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to watch and it's all Lance family crap. I'm so done with it it's not even funny.

I don't think Lance is as batshit as Laurel. He at least questioned if that was really Sara and said that she isn't his daughter. He didn't get misty eyed until Sara spoke. And we know the next scene is Sara choking Laurel which is when he'll go to Darhk and think about putting her down. 

I also hate that Laurel is talking to Sara like she's a baby. No wonder she starts choking her.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Re: Felicity...

I'm not really worried about her delegating a bit. She has a lot going on and she doesn't have the time to 'crack the code' because there are no stakes to it just yet. I think that once she finds out it's Ray that's sending the message, she'll play a more dominant role in saving him and figuring out what's going on. 

• Love 5

I wonder if this will be the episode when Thea and Felicity will actually say one word to each other because I don't think they have so far and that's just weird to me. 

Thea, befriend your brother's girlfriend! She'll take you to a real spa, boo! Haha. I'm sorry. 

Seriously though. I'd love some Felicity/Thea scenes at some point. 

I like that she would rather kept her sister chained up like an animal instead of ask for help.

It's all Misery. It's okay Sara, Laurel just loves you!

Even since I read this all that is going through my head is "Dirty Bird!" "You're a Dirty Bird"

But Lance has a HEART CONDITION the shock could KILL him!!

Re: Felicity...

I'm not really worried about her delegating a bit. She has a lot going on and she doesn't have the time to 'crack the code' because there are no stakes to it just yet. I think that once she finds out it's Ray that's sending the message, she'll play a more dominant role in saving him and figuring out what's going on. 

Ok, I will put this in my head canon, I think I can look past it...for now.

Not loving the Fact that Sara and Ray are dominating the Storylines right now, and will be the sweeps episodes. I'd like a little more "Arrow" please!

• Love 3

^ Yeah! Praise be!

Caught up with the spoilers and... I hate this. Looks like I'm certainly going to watch buzzed tonight. Haha! I hate everything about the Lance family drama and how they brought Sara back and how Laurel's treating her right now. So dumb.

I'm surprised that Palmer's specter is still annoying me, even at microscopic level. I thought I got past that. But "bee-tee-dubs!" Really, Felicity??! Ugh. A pox on the house of whichever writer ever came up, and is so in love, with that line.

I wonder if this will be the episode when Thea and Felicity will actually say one word to each other because I don't think they have so far and that's just weird to me. 

Thea, befriend your brother's girlfriend! She'll take you to a real spa, boo! Haha. I'm sorry. 

We had a really tiny moment of Thea acknowledging Felicity during Ep. 2 when they were discussing how "tacky" Anarky's fingerprints were. But I think we may get more tonight during Oliver's press conference about running for Mayor. At least, they were standing next to each other in the audience.

• Love 4

WM Confirmed that Damien ISN'T Felicity's father

REJOICE :p

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/28/arrow-showrunner-wendy-mericle-reveals-whether-damien-darhk-is-f/

Yassss! Awesome. Relieved. It didn't make sense anyway, especially when they said Oliver would find out something personal about DD and use it against him. He'd never use Felicity in that way. Ever. 

I do hope this doesn't mean meeting her dad gets pushed back. Again. So tired of that.

If they manage to have them stand next to each other at the press conference without saying a word, we'd be going into ridiculous territory (more than usual). Fingers crossed!

Edited by looptab

Even since I read this all that is going through my head is "Dirty Bird!" "You're a Dirty Bird"

But Lance has a HEART CONDITION the shock could KILL him!!

Ok, I will put this in my head canon, I think I can look past it...for now.

Not loving the Fact that Sara and Ray are dominating the Storylines right now, and will be the sweeps episodes. I'd like a little more "Arrow" please!

Sweeps last til late November I'm pretty sure we get Constantine, Olicity sex and Mama Smoak in 406 and 407 looks Diggle heavy

• Love 1

We had a really tiny moment of Thea acknowledging Felicity during Ep. 2 when they were discussing how "tacky" Anarky's fingerprints were. But I think we may get more tonight during Oliver's press conference about running for Mayor. At least, they were standing next to each other in the audience.

Yeah, I remember that. It's not really much though, especially as she knows Felicity and Oliver are together now. I mean, technically Felicity is living in her house. (I assume Thea still considers it her house because she said that the Jessica Danforth and her daughter would be at their house for breakfast.) I guess I just want more than that. I'll give it time though. I know they're setting up other things right now. 

If they manage to have them stand next to each other at the press conference without saying a word, we'd be going into ridiculous territory (more than usual). Fingers crossed!

I know. That's what I'm expecting tbh. Even if they just share one line and a smile at how proud they are of him I'd be totally happy with that. I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH! LOL.

Edited by Guest

I'm bummed but, I'm happy for those of you that hated the idea. I just want Felicity's father in S4 and for it to be important to the story.

Maybe he's the head of HIVE?!

YES?!?!?!??!?!?! Which is probably why David out of everyone knows who her father is. 

I need it. 

• Love 5

Interesting that Wendy confirmed that Papa Smoak "will definitely be evil. He's going to be up to no good", like @Morrigan2575, I want him in S4 and for it to advance Felicity's story and to be important.

Her dad could still work for HIVE. I'd prefer that, especially if it turns out that Diggle's brother is alive and working for them too. How awesome would that parallel be? Then they'd work together to save them.

Oh no. It's almost too good an idea which means it won't happen now. I sad.

One of my greatest worries re Felicity this season (and going forward) is that they would expect us to be grateful that she forms the 'licity part of Olicity while reducing the importance of the other roles she plays.

Case in point, yeah she's a CEO but so far that just seems to be setting the stage for Curtis to go forth and achieve his own destiny. Since the board meeting and early firings, he's the only person at PT that we've seen her speak to. Sure right now she's just going to him for assistance, which some might say is just delegating but these are things that used to fall exclusively under her purview and later we have the spoilers they're going to be working together on solving the mystery that is RP. All of that coupled with Cisco designing the suit and lair (?), makes me concerned they're rolling back on some of the skills and characteristics they've already established for her, to make room for other (comic) characters.

I have my suspicions that any field missions for her are now a thing of the past as well, because there are two females on the team and they've comic alter egos and that as we know trumps everything else. Let me be clear I'm not asking for her to get her own leather suit, mask and moniker, complete with the accompanying magically improving combat skills. I would hate that. I love that her superpower is her brain, at least that's what we've always been told. I need for them not to forget it in a sea of 'wow which comic book character can we shoehorn/namedrop into this scene'. We've seen her successfully embark on missions before, Dodger, the Merlyn break in etc, so there's no reason for her to be suddenly limited to nothing more than tech support while the team is on a mission or sucked into a Mr Terrific/RP blackhole suckitude, that really only services their stories.

I love Olicity and like seeing it onscreen but it's not going to be enough for me, if that is the extent of the plan for Felicity. 

• Love 16