Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

We also know that 21-23 take place within a matter of a few days (let's say a week) and Thea isn't with the gang in that group adventure to visit Tatsu.  If Thea's story post LP is separate from the gang in 322 (which seems to be the case) I can see Thea/Roy being off somewhere getting married while Dig/Fel/MM/LL/Tatsu go to NP to rescue Nyssa or Oliver or both.  

As weird as it seems, we have

320 - starts in SC moves to NP

321 - Gang back in SC, while Oliver has spent the past 3 weeks getting cozy with Ra's.  Then Oliver and LoA come to town after Nyssa

322 - Seems to be back in NP (at least partially).  With Thea/Roy possibly being in their own town/story

323 - Seems to be back in SC (all/partial?).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm curious about Nyssa's agenda in Starling..and also what the hell is Malcolm still doing around Laurel, Dig, Felicity, and Tatsu? How do they even come in contact with Tatsu? Ughhh

I'm glad Thea still has story with Roy, but it seems odd that she wouldn't be apart of trying to get her brother back. Unless being brought back is such a tramatic experience, she runs.

I'm glad Thea still has story with Roy, but it seems odd that she wouldn't be apart of trying to get her brother back. Unless being brought back is such a tramatic experience, she runs.

i would imagine that's the case.  plus there's added factor of thinking Roy was dead right before she faced Ra's and now finding out he's alive.

• Love 1

RE: Guggenheim's Pre Final spoils 

So the question is, first of all, why the hell would he do that?" says showrunner Marc Guggenheim. "And once he's done it, how is there still an Arrow -- both in terms of the hero and, quite frankly, the show itself?

I wish I had any confidence they knew the answer to those questions and that the answers didn't suck. Like Jeff Goldblum once said about dinosaur islands: you were so busy seeing if you COULD, you didn't worry about if you SHOULD. UGH. Blegh.

• Love 7

Outside Diggle and Lyla, any kind of wedding this season makes no sense. I can't think of any plot reasons there needs to be a wedding and even though some of the characters are in love, no one is even remotely ready to be married. So this whole thing is pointless to me. Ugh. I just want that O/F wedding theory to be proved wrong. Sorry not sorry.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

A. Thea and Roy - 3.22 They have a wedding and marriage to bring CLOSURE to their relationship? He is wherever and she returns to SC to go out in the field with Diggle in 3.23.

B. Nyssa & Sara - 3.21 Nyssa's agenda for returning to SC comes to light. She resurrects Sara? In 3.22 Nyssa & Sara wed and begin their marriage. Sara is not fully recovered so in 3.23 Nyssa fights beside Laurel?

C. Oliver & Nyssa/random LOA person - 3.22 Oliver weds and enters into a marriage of convenience I guess? It's so convenient that he and Felicity are riding into the sunset in 3.23. (Felicity you deserve better get out of that car right now! Especially if said marriage carries over into S4)

D. Oliver & Felicity - Well, I think they are too far along in their relationship emotionally to just start casually dating now. In show anvils seem to be indicating them but these show runners love their gotchas. If the marriage doesn't make it to S4 a part of the fandom will be thrilled. The other part might not be watching.

B & D seem to be the most plausible to me.

I think the most probable wedding is one between Oliver and a female League member, for what purpose I do not know.

They've dropped a ton of hints that it'll be O/F, that's why I think it isn't.

I think MG saying he's not sure if the marriage will last till S4 is just some old fashioned trolling.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Posted a video from DC All Access in the Spoilers Only thread. The host and the Rotten Tomatoes editor talked about the Lazarus Pit but the last bit about Felicity is the one that has me very intrigued. The editor chose Felicity as the "bad apple of the week." I've never seen this part of DC All Access before so I'm not exactly sure what it means in this particular context. The RT editor mentions her plotting last week and "Love makes people do crazy things." Will this tie in with her confrontation with Ra's? Does she try to make a deal with him? What?!?! :) I suddenly got very excited again after MG's trolling put a damper on me.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the most probable wedding is one between Oliver and a female League member, for what purpose I do not know.

I think MG saying he's not sure if the marriage will last till S4 is just some old fashioned trolling.

Why would they tease Oliver/Random wedding?  That doesn't make sense to me, teasing something like that in the media (and it's the 2nd or 3rd time it's been teased) usually indicates something big, especially during a sweeps episode.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Why would they tease Oliver/Random LoA wedding?

Why would they tease Oliver/Random wedding? That doesn't make sense to me, teasing something like that in the media (and it's the 2nd or 3rd time it's been teased) usually indicates something big, especially during a sweeps episode.

My guess is because people would think it's Oliver and Felicity, and get to talking. Which is exactly what we're doing. It could be them, I'm not saying it isn't. But all signs point to it being them, which, with this group, makes me think it's not. Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

My guess is because people would think it's Oliver and Felicity, and get to talking. Which is exactly what we're doing. It could be them, I'm not saying it isn't. But all signs point to it being them, which, with this group, makes me think it's not.

Do show's normally tease something this much during sweeps and have it turn out to be nothing?  I can't really think of a time when this show (or any show really) teased something as big as a wedding and then had it turn out to be nothing.  

I'm set on it being Roy/Thea myself, even though that doesn't make much sense but O/F and R/T makes a lot more sense to me given the way they've been promoting it than Oliver/Random Character or Oliver/Nyssa

• Love 1

Which is honestly fucking stupid on so many levels, I'm so tired of tv writers thinking that a twist is better than telling a logical organic story, people anticipating what's to come and then getting the payoff they want, satisfaction is actually better than surprise.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 5

Maybe Oliver has to marry Laurel to save her from Ra's? Makes as much sense as anything else. An episode later, Oliver and Felicity drive into a gorgeous sunset to get Chinese food. I think I am at the point that there is no pairing on this show that would genuinely surprise me.

I don't know about other shows, but I do know that these EPs, MG especially have a history of wanting to rile people up, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it wound up being a "gotcha" again. Although I'm not sure what the point of doing that would be if they didn't want ratings to drop for 3x23. Then again, if they sold it as something strategic and/or not real to the audience (like Oliver/Nyssa), then it probably wouldn't upset a large group of people enough to not tune in the following week.

Not sure what the point of Roy and Thea getting married would be, but it could be them. Could be Felicity and Oliver too, I don't know.

Edited by apinknightmare

Wasn't there some kind of storyline in the 2.5 comics about what happens when you use the Lazarus Pit without permission, or am I making that up? Didn't it say it was going to be continued in the show, or am I making that up too?

There was and they did. I was expecting it to pop up in 3.20 or 3.21 but I don't know now. Another dropped storyline? Or maybe it happens in 3.21 and becomes part of Nyssa's agenda somehow? She and Sara were both in that storyline. Maybe it is how Sara comes back and the marriage is Sara & Nyssa?

Didnt Thea & Roy talk about running away together?

At least twice which is why I think they are going to elope.  I really can see this working.

Even if Willa is coming back as a regular, I think they already know that they will bring Colton back for at least a few episodes and I suspect they will be a long-distance marriage.  I think the reason MG said he didn't know if we would see the marriage in season four is because it's them and they don't want to spoil that we will see Colton back several times and maybe Roy/Thea will cross over to other shows.

If Willa isn't coming back as a regular (but guest star) I think it makes even more sense that its Roy and Thea and we will see one or both of them as guest stars but not enough to see their marriage in season four.

My main problem with Thea/Roy is that they talked about giving them closure. Unless WH is leaving, a wedding and marriage usually signals a beginning. Closure is usually an ending. (I appear to be hung up on the word closure.)

• Love 6

Yeah, MG saying that Thea and Roy need closure makes me think that they aren't the ones getting married. Apart from that, I really don't see how they could work Roy back into the storyline at all since he took the fall for Oliver (assuming that sticks throughout the rest of the season).

ETA: hit "submit" too soon. Anyway, I don't see the point in marrying anyone off if the marriage isn't going to last until season 4. That's why I think that's trolling, and I just don't see the point in marrying Roy and Thea since there's no believable way to work them back into the main story together, so they'd just be getting married and that's it?

Unless it's a strategic marriage to defeat Ra's or it's something that's going to actually stick in the future, there's just no point to it.

Edited by apinknightmare

My main problem with Thea/Roy is that they talked about giving them closure. Unless WH is leaving, a wedding and marriage usually signals a beginning. Closure is usually an ending. (I appear to be hung up on the word closure.)

LOL I would agree, but I'm not sure these EPs would agree. Marriage means their love story is done - no more story to tell in that regards.  We can however show either of them be superheroes.  At least that's what I think they are doing - this would also be part of bookending seasons one through three.

Of course, I could be wrong but more than I can't buy Oliver and Felicity just going from I love you to married in 2 seconds flat - I also don't think they can make me believe that Thea wouldn't follow Roy.  She loves her brother, but I don't think she has any reason to stay in SC for him.  I can see Roy not wanting her to follow him in his life on the run, but no way will I believe she won't insist on going with him.

ETA: Of course they can work Roy in red back into the story. Come on, they have to find a way to work Arrow back into the story!  It's going to be contrived, but Roy showing up to help Oliver with something for one episode in costume is not going to be their biggest plot problem.  I also think they could realistically show Roy and Thea's marriage as them pairing up on their own mission in a B plot, on the spin-off, or on Flash. We don't see Lyla all that much but she stays a big part of the story through dialogue - they can do the same with Roy even if he is only hiding out in some small town an hour away.

Oh and in the same quote that Colton said he wasn't sure that Roy was done lying to Thea, he also said he thought they (Roy and Thea) had a real good chance of making it work.  I really can see these EPs giving them an off-screen/guest star marriage.

Edited by nksarmi

I thought Felicity would just have a verbal confrontation with Ra's but that DC video plus TVWatchtower tweets about how Felicity and Oliver have different ideas on how to do things & what Felicity chooses to do is pivotal and how a lot of stuff hinges on what she decides. At first I thought it was just about Olicity, but now I'm thinking there is more to that than meets the eye.

• Love 6

She loves her brother, but I don't think she has any reason to stay in SC for him. I can see Roy not wanting her to follow him in his life on the run, but no way will I believe she won't insist on going with him.

Hopefully there's nowhere for her to follow him to, because I swear if he comes to her instead of her going to him I'm going to send MG Tumblr hate mail. Because seriously, THE CITY THINKS HE'S DEAD. WHY WOULD HE GO BACK THERE.

Anyway.

Am I the only one who finds it hysterical that the Starling City vigilante club is going to start using PI as their new base? In the time it takes to get downstairs, whatever crime they're going to stop would already be over and done.

Here's hoping they have a makeshift HQ in the basement or something.

• Love 3

I thought Felicity would just have a verbal confrontation with Ra's but that DC video plus TVWatchtower tweets about how Felicity and Oliver have different ideas on how to do things & what Felicity chooses to do is pivotal and how a lot of stuff hinges on what she decides. At first I thought it was just about Olicity, but now I'm thinking there is more to that than meets the eye.

Oh yeah, apparently Felicity is plotting something and I just really want to know what! I'm sure her confrontation with Ra's is going to be a huge part of it. Do you think she's going to get information to take down the League/Ra's?

• Love 4

I can't buy Oliver and Felicity just going from I love you to married in 2 seconds flat

If that's the standard I can't even remember Thea OR Roy saying ILY in round one or two of their "relationship". I believe that they probably DO love each other but it's not something anyone took the time to tell or show IMO. They are young enough, and their lives are complicated enough at this juncture that the entire idea of them getting married is absolutely CRAY CRAY. But then I guess Thea is supposed to be CRAY CRAY.

ETA: Of course they can work Roy in red back into the story. Come on, they have to find a way to work Arrow back into the story! It's going to be contrived, but Roy showing up to help Oliver with something for one episode in costume is not going to be their biggest plot problem. I also think they could realistically show Roy and Thea's marriage as them pairing up on their own mission in a B plot, on the spin-off, or on Flash. We don't see Lyla all that much but she stays a big part of the story through dialogue - they can do the same with Roy even if he is only hiding out in some small town an hour away.

Oh and in the same quote that Colton said he wasn't sure that Roy was done lying to Thea, he also said he thought they (Roy and Thea) had a real good chance of making it work. I really can see these EPs giving them an off-screen/guest star marriage.

Of course they can eventually work Arrow back into the story - Roy faked his death to take the fall for Oliver. That's why I have issues with Roy coming back in any capacity, unless the show doesn't take place in SC anymore and he's got a whole new identity. But...meh, that's stupid IMO.

• Love 1

Definitely thinking there's something more. Might be the Olicity surprise the Seat42F lady was talking about. I would really love it if Oliver, Felicity and Diggle actually had a plan going in. That it's not just "OK, Ra's, I'll take the job. Resurrect my sister." But what the heck could Felicity be planning? Also, would this have anything to do with that "sacrfice" EBR mentioned in a TV Guide interview? Can it be Wednesday already? Please!

• Love 2

Oh yeah, apparently Felicity is plotting something and I just really want to know what! I'm sure her confrontation with Ra's is going to be a huge part of it. Do you think she's going to get information to take down the League/Ra's?

I'm not sure, but I want to say Yes. I really want her and Diggle to be working on something in SC. I'm wondering tho if its related to what EBR said about what she would be willing to sacrifice. 

I wonder who is going to be going around on the interview circuit this week. 

• Love 1

If that's the standard I can't even remember Thea OR Roy saying ILY in round one or two of their "relationship". I believe that they probably DO love each other but it's not something anyone took the time to tell or show IMO. They are young enough, and their lives are complicated enough at this juncture that the entire idea of them getting married is absolutely CRAY CRAY. But then I guess Thea is supposed to be CRAY CRAY.

I don't think Roy or Thea have said it, but I do believe they love each other.  But when you talk about running away with someone a lot, it isn't that much of a leap to go to elopement in my opinion.  Oliver and Felicity haven't even gotten to the point where they think they can be together - and since the wedding happens in 3x22 - I really do not think its them.

I'm not sure, but I want to say Yes. I really want her and Diggle to be working on something in SC. I'm wondering tho if its related to what EBR said about what she would be willing to sacrifice. 

Is this why Diggle/Felicity help save Nyssa as well? They want to gather more intel that only Nyssa has? Hmm, I'm really hoping Digg is in on the plan as well but I wonder if he is, whether or not his rift with Oliver will affect the plan?

I wonder who is going to be going around on the interview circuit this week. 

I'm guessing it will be either WH/SA/DR/JB/EBR

EBR being the least likely

• Love 1

Definitely thinking there's something more. Might be the Olicity surprise the Seat42F lady was talking about. I would really love it if Oliver, Felicity and Diggle actually had a plan going in. That it's not just "OK, Ra's, I'll take the job. Resurrect my sister." But what the heck could Felicity be planning? Also, would this have anything to do with that "sacrfice" EBR mentioned in a TV Guide interview? Can it be Wednesday already? Please!

Yeah, I'm really curious about what she's doing, because no way does she just let Oliver go to the League and consider that that. She and hopefully Diggle have got to have a plan. Hopefully Oliver's in on it, especially after that "you have to learn to let people help you" nugget 'o wisdom.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
Is this why Diggle/Felicity help save Nyssa as well? They want to gather more intel that only Nyssa has? Hmm, I'm really hoping Digg is in on the plan as well but I wonder if he is, whether or not his rift with Oliver will affect the plan?

I would think that Dig/Fel would help out just because that's who they are and what they do.

• Love 1

Is it possible that this is why Diggle is talking about hurt feelings and betrayal in 3.23? Felicity and Oliver come up with a plan and do not include or clue Diggle in on it? This would certainly change the dynamic within Team Arrow. It could be something that they don't tell Diggle about to protect him because of his family.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

I don't want Felicity to be the 'bad apple' because I can see it being used as more reason for people to bad mouth her this season, but at the same time I am THRILLED she's getting more to do than love interest and hanging around Ray all the time. So bring it!

I'm not surprised she's planning something though. 'Heartbroken Felicity takes matters into her own hands' suggested a lot more than just a confrontation with Ra's tbh. Also EBR said something about Felicity sacrificing something…herself maybe? I don't know.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

As far as the Arrow (or Arsenal) ever being able to be out in the world again, I think that will happen by the end of S4 if not earlier. I think that ultimately, all of these heroes are going to be legitimized via ARGUS or [insert DC-approved government agency name here]. I think that effect could ripple across The Flash and the Spinoff too, so that the threat of the local police is neutralized, and real identities are known to certain officials.

• Love 1

https://youtu.be/sF3gq3jmfso

In this video, apparently Felicity is the bad apple of the week... Meaning, she's cooking up a plan? I'm really intrigued where this goes

I'm just a bit concerned that she's doing something at the behest of Ra's.   I wonder if the use of the LP is supposed to have negative blowback against more than just the actual user.  Or maybe having extra deep connections might help mitigate the effects the initiation process to becoming the Heir ?

Speaking of Oliver becoming the Heir to the Demon.  Ra's was very particular that he was the Demon's Head.  Could Oliver actually be becoming the Demon's Body?  Or could Oliver still be the head and the marriage be what accounts for the Demon's Body?

Edited by BkWurm1

Of course they can eventually work Arrow back into the story - Roy faked his death to take the fall for Oliver. That's why I have issues with Roy coming back in any capacity, unless the show doesn't take place in SC anymore and he's got a whole new identity. But...meh, that's stupid IMO.

Out of curiosity, what issue do you have with Roy potentially coming back? Because Malcolm has been going around Starling as if it's nothing, so why couldn't Roy if he wanted to?

I mean, are you against him being basically dead and forced to be hidden, or something else?

(edited)

I don't want Felicity to be the 'bad apple' because I can see it being used as more reason for people to bad mouth her this season, but at the same time I am THRILLED she's getting more to do than love interest and hanging around Ray all the time. So bring it!

I'm not surprised she's planning something though. 'Heartbroken Felicity takes matters into her own hands' suggested a lot more than just a confrontation with Ra's tbh. Also EBR said something about Felicity sacrificing something…herself maybe? I don't know.

Saw this on another board

@RenewOlicity: I tweeted one of the DC people about this "Bad Apple" thing and she told me it meant "a character to keep your eye on"

Speaking of Oliver becoming the Heir to the Demon.  Ra's was very particular that he was the Demon's Head.  Could Oliver actually be becoming the Demon's Body?  Or could Oliver still be the head and the marriage be what accounts for the Demon's Body?

Demon's Head is  what Ra's Al Ghul means.  I seriously doubt it has to do with anything other than that being his correct name.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I don't think bad apple necessarily means something negative. In the context they were using it in, it seems that Felicity could very well be a badass in this weeks episode by coming up with some sort of plan to help Oliver. And even if she does something morally wrong, I think it just shows the audience that she isn't perfect. There are a lot of people who complain about the fandom putting Felicity on a pedestal when in actuality it's the people who don't like her who do so by complaining that she's too perfect/flawless etc. So I can't wait to see Felicity be bad for once ;)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Maybe Felicity marries Nyssa - if we're going with crack theories.

I hope Roy returns at some point. I don't know if I believe the "we always only had a 2 year plan" story, and I hope they didn't burn their bridges with CH (or vice versa.)

Does Quentin know Malcolm is alive and roaming the streets? Did Laurel clue him in, or does she even know?

Edited by calliope1975

Maybe Felicity married Nyssa - if we're going with crack theories.

I hope Roy returns at some point. I don't know if I believe the "we always only had a 2 year plan" story, and I hope they didn't burn their bridges with CH (or vice versa.)

Does Quentin know Malcolm is alive and roaming the streets? Did Laurel clue him in, or does she even know?

I had to laugh at that. It's a totally valid question. So what are we telling the Lances's this week? Does Laurel even know about Ra's offer to Oliver?

• Love 1

Since Berlanti is gay, I can't fathom he would be letting this SL if it comes to pass be viewed as a good thing or that it's something someone should do.

Actually statistically for the past 10 years, gay female characters (and bi) on Western TV get the worst misrepresentation at the hands of gay men i.e. tendency to get killed, be psycho, sleep with men (and shown as enjoying it), conversion sex and so on. There is very comprehensive list somewhere of gay and bi women on Western TV the past 10 years that I saw few months ago, and gay men as showrunners = highest chance of disaster, especially for lesbians.

This is the same show that refused to call Sara bisexual. There's no way they would handle this topic with sensitivity. I hope Ra's issues with Nyssa are addressed, but I have no faith in this writing team that they would address her sexuality with care. I really, really hope it's just a rumor. Based on the previous episodes of this season, I'll go ahead and prepare myself for the worst.

And they were proud of that. As someone that is bisexual it annoys the shit out of me that TV writers pat their own backs when they make (always the female) bisexual characters never identify as such. It is also often used as a 'get out of hell free card' if they decide to backtrack on the character bisexuality. The lack of proper identification also makes it so much easier for the F/F aspect to be handwaved away as just a phase.

Honestly I have also absolutely no faith whatsoever in the writers will handle Nyssa's sexuality well, especially if they pull out of their asses some contrived reason for Oliver and Nyssa to marry each other.

I can't even think of how it would make sense for Ra's? He already had an heir - Nyssa. Also given his age I would think he would had been a grand dad many times. Furthermore if he really wanted some blood line thing going, why did he not do as Genghis Khan? He has lived for quite some time so he could easily had had many heirs and a huge family. And I am still unsure why Nyssa really isn't worthy anymore but Oliver suddenly is (I realize it basically boils down to because the writers wants it to be like that, but my mind still just doesn't get how they believe they have given any tangible reason)

Edited by Riful
  • Love 8

I would not be opposed to an Oliver/Nyssa wedding if it was done to protect her from Ra's/LoA.  Team Arrow does kind of owe her for her help over the last year or so.  And since she's training Laurel and is a last link to Sara, I don't see TA being against it. To me it's in the category of a green card marriage. Would it be offensive to some of the viewers?  I can see that aspect, too.

Almost every scenario re: the wedding/marriage is far-fetched anyway.  At least O/N would be easily reversed once the LoA is out of the picture.        

• Love 1

Out of curiosity, what issue do you have with Roy potentially coming back? Because Malcolm has been going around Starling as if it's nothing, so why couldn't Roy if he wanted to?

I mean, are you against him being basically dead and forced to be hidden, or something else?

I'm not against Roy coming back, but it would depend on the circumstances. If Oliver and co. is legitimized by some government entity, then okay. If he just randomly shows up, yeah...I've got a problem with that. Apart from the fact that I truly believe that Malcolm doesn't give a shit if someone sees him, because he believes that no prison can hold him or whatever, Malcolm didn't give himself up to save someone else. So, why would Roy come back? If he doesn't care about getting caught then whatever, but he did it to save Oliver, who would be right back in the same mess (if not a bigger one), if Roy turned up alive. So then everything Roy did was for nothing. It would make zero sense.

• Love 3