Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I thought the chase would take place at the end of the episode, but now I wonder if it's beginning/middle?

Also, has SA dropped the black beneath the mask for good or was it just for that scene?

m I the only one who thinks that Oliver, Roy and Laurel running around in costumes looks kind of ridiculous?

Oliver never looks ridiculous in costume IMO. He looks awesome in it. He wears it well.  Roy's needs a refit and it would be better. It's not snug enough in certain areas. It kind of swallows Colton IMO.  Laurel's needs to be burned to the ground, (Laurel being in it is optional#sorrynotsorry)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 12

I agree, Oliver never looks ridiculous in his costume. But when you put three costumed people together it starts to look less like heroism and more like a Halloween party, in my opinion. 

Yeah, I need my costumed crimefighters to run around individually because otherwise it looks like they're on the run from local cops after TPing someone's house on Halloween.

I mean if he doesnt get hit by an Arrow why the hell is he in a hospital?

Maybe he gets electrocuted. Heh.

I mean, an arrow would come so quickly that it'd be nearly impossible to get in front of one for someone, especially when it's coming through a darkened window, but if anyone could do it, it'd be Ray, right? 

• Love 2

If Oliver is outed I wonder if thats win time travel comes into play (if it does at all). They/he goes back to protect his identity. I would really hate if they introduce the LP and time travel. Its taking it so far.

I agree, Oliver never looks ridiculous in his costume. But when you put three costumed people together it starts to look less like heroism and more like a Halloween party, in my opinion. 

It's a fine line for me. Oliver was always fine. Roy toed the line, and I'm not sure if it's the color or the fit that doesn't work for Roy, but Buckles pushes it over the edge to Halloween costume. I think because of the shinyness. I never felt that with Sara. The Avengers should look ridiculous, but somehow it works for me, Thor's red cape and all.

I really hope that Ray develops some humbleness with being hospitalized and not murdered by Oliver. If he remains an arrogant dick, I'll be less inclined to bother with the spin-off. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 4

When Barry time travels is that just his timeline in Central City or does it reset..like the entire universe?

As of now, just Central City. 

Intriguing as the idea may be (even though it would be a huge mess), I don't think time travel is going to be a thing on Arrow.

Edited by apinknightmare

I mean if he doesnt get hit by an Arrow why the hell is he in a hospital?

Maybe he gives himself a concussion when his head hits the floor.  Oh, please let him be in a coma for a really lame reason.! 

Chances could be they will CGI in something (maybe a toxic dart) later.

• Love 1

If Oliver is outed I wonder if thats win time travel comes into play (if it does at all). They/he goes back to protect his identity. I would really hate if they introduce the LP and time travel. Its taking it so far.

But it changes the show forever so he can't go back and undo it otherwise the show could go back to normal. 

When Barry time travels is that just his timeline in Central City or does it reset..like the entire universe?

It has to affect the whole universe (otherwise we would run into a pocket anomaly) but since nobody but Barry would know he went back in time, it would be like it never happened.  Plus since he wouldn't do anything that would interfere with anything outside of Central City (so far) people would just repeat their same actions. 

• Love 1

Well, I guess the game is changed after Gossip Al Ghul informs Quentin of Arrow's not so secret identity?  Is Quentin dying this season?  He uttered the phrase "Laurel Lance always trying to save the world" and I assume he also will know Oliver's the Arrow.  Aren't they both the kiss of death?  Also, we still think Roy's departing whether through death, prison, or whatever correct?

• Love 1

Cross overs could just not mention Time Travel on Arrow. I think there is going to be a degree of it though if it's on both the Flash and the team up spin off.

I think Oliver will just be outed this epusode.

I suspect it's the stunt double and if it is a director's choice to show that Laurel is not quite ready to actually jump off a building? Otherwise yup, that's bad.  Caity would have just jumped off that thing with no hesitation.

• Love 1

It's probably her stunt double, but she looks about how I'd think a person who's just getting used to being pursued would look getting ready to jump off something high.

If it was the person's first time jumping off a building sure.  But this is Black Canary, who has been jumping off buildings all her life (okay not her entire life).  Didn't Laurel already jump out of a window onto a rope from a helicopter.  Surely jumping off a stationary building would be easy peasy. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

If it was the person's first time jumping off a building sure.  But this is Black Canary, who has been jumping off buildings all her life (okay not her entire life).  Didn't Laurel already jump out of a window onto a rope from a helicopter.  Surely jumping off a stationary building would be easy peasy. 

What? This Black Canary has been in the field for a month or two - and yeah, it's pretty daring to jump out of a window and onto a rope dangling from a helicopter, but it's another thing to stand at the edge of a ledge and consider jumping and landing on a concrete surface. She probably hasn't done too much of that.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I understand that Laurel is a newbie and should be cut some slack in the whole vigilante department, but I'm sorry if you wear the mask I'm holding you to the same standard as Oliver and Roy. 

Anyway, I think I'm skipping the next two episodes. I will watch the scenes worth watching on youtube or tumblr. Nothing to change my mind here.

• Love 9

...but what if I liked the way the show used to be, MG? What then??

I'm pretty dang disappointed Felicity wasn't shot with an arrow, which is an unexpected place for me to find myself. I can't tell if it's because there are so many interesting things that could happen as a result of Felicity being gravely injured or because I just want to see Ray fail now.

• Love 10

I don't understand why Ray is in the hospital.

Furthermore, the entire manhunt and personal vendetta that Quentin has could very easily be solved 2 ways:

1) Laurel tell her father the truth about Team Arrow's part in keeping Sara's death from Quentin - that it was because Laurel asked them too (and, by the way, Dinah knows too!)

2) Felicity could easily find footage somewhere of Oliver fighting the other Arrows.  Hand it over to the police via Laurel

But no. We get this crap.

• Love 7

What I'm starting to fear is that we'll get another 315, where the superheroes go heroing and running from cops and car chases and guns and rifles..and Felicity is in the hospital sit-com with Ray and her mom :/

• Love 5

What I'm starting to fear is that we'll get another 315, where the superheroes go heroing and running from cops and car chases and guns and rifles..and Felicity is in the hospital sit-com with Ray and her mom :/

Well, we know from the stills that are released that she gets out of the hospital at least once, because she was in the police station (visiting an arrested Oliver, I assume). 

What? This Black Canary has been in the field for a month or two - and yeah, it's pretty daring to jump out of a window and onto a rope dangling from a helicopter, but it's another thing to stand at the edge of a ledge and consider jumping and landing on a concrete surface. She probably hasn't done too much of that.

Look, I have terrible vertigo and edges freak me out but I would rather take my chances jumping off a roof than onto a ladder or rope dangling from a helicopter which I could have missed and went falling to the ground.  To me, it's poor characterization to have Laurel be able on her first outing to not even think twice about leaping from a 2 story window onto a helicopter ladder but hesitates jumping from a roof after other training.

• Love 1

Look, I have terrible vertigo and edges freak me out but I would rather take my chances jumping off a roof than onto a ladder or rope dangling from a helicopter which I could have missed and went falling to the ground.  To me, it's poor characterization to have Laurel be able on her first outing to not even think twice about leaping from a 2 story window onto a helicopter ladder but hesitates jumping from a roof after other training.

Well, it seems like she's not really hesitating so much as not doing it very fluidly. Oliver and Roy just hoist themselves up over the barrier, and it looks like she's got to climb it. Once she does she seems to jump off pretty easily. 

• Love 1

MG called 18 and 20 game changing much earlier in the season - so Public Enemy is the first part of that right? Episode 18?

Ok it seems to me that he exaggerates a lot because that "battle" between Oliver and Ray was so NOT epic. But I have been nervous about his whole "the show will never be the same" stuff since I first heard it.  I am also nervous about the "we are doing stuff no show runners in their right mind would do" that I heard earlier this season. This of course is largely while I'm in the spoilers thread - to be prepared lol.

With that said - what could change the show forever?

- Quentin's death? On a very minor scale, I can see this would change things because they would no longer have a connection to the police.

- Team Arrow breaks up OR Felicity/Diggle leaves it.  But spoilers don't indicate this is the case.

- We learn that Oliver is still working for Amanda Waller (I've been wondering about this one for awhile personally).

- Oliver leaves to become Ra's and everyone else is blackmailed into working for Waller.

- Waller saves them all from the cops and now they have to work for her.  So yea, pretty much any scenario that means Team Arrow is now working for ARGUS.

- The introduction of magic on the show (which they have implied they will do/have done with the LP) has some impact I cannot presently predict.

- Everyone follows Oliver in joining LoA (totally not believable).

I'm putting money on next season Team Arrow works for ARGUS.

Well, we know from the stills that are released that she gets out of the hospital at least once, because she was in the police station (visiting an arrested Oliver, I assume). 

Do we know for sure that still is from the police station?  Is it possibly from the mayor's office? 

Do we know for sure that still is from the police station?  Is it possibly from the mayor's office? 

I mean, it could be. But it looks to me like the police station, and it seems to have the same lighting as the photo with Diggle and Roy, which also seems to be the police station.

I'm putting money on next season Team Arrow works for ARGUS.

Given that it seems DC made Arrow kill off Deadshot because of the Suicide Squad movie, I'm guessing Waller's role next year is probably going to be very minimal, if she's involved at all. 

I think the game-changing things will be Oliver being outed, and joining the League. 

• Love 2

Right, I forgot those pictures. Fingers crossed! Ray probably has just scraped his knees, you can leave him there, Felicity!

Here's what I don't get. How can Oliver remain in Starling City and join the LoA as the new Ra's? Wouldn't that draw like ERRY criminal that has a beef with the LoA to SC and make the city even more unsafe?

I don't understand why Ray is in the hospital.

No visible arrow, no visible wound in hospital pics we've seen.... I've got it: panic attack!

Is there any doubt? <sigh>

If Quentin were serious about going after the Arrow, why wouldn't he use Felicity, one way or another? It is interesting that Felicity isn't under arrest.Unless her complicity is too tied up in Lance's complicity for him to feel comfortable going after her? I hope the show addresses addresses the issue at least a little. 

• Love 4

I haven't watched any promo or producers thing but it seems like the next two episodes are Ray heavy so I'm bye bye. I'll catch key scenes on youtube and read about them here. 

I find it hilarious though that Oliver has been injured so many times and is rarely in hospital while Ray gets hit by an Arrow and it's like he's dying for all the fuss they're making with Mama Smoak turning up. Eyes are rolling over here. 

But I'm still pretty pissed off that Felicity is being made a damsel just so Ray can save her. They're doing to her exactly what they did to Laurel in s1 and that concerns me. Hopefully once Ray has gone, we'll get back to the status quo. 

I don't know - I guess Oliver being outted could be a big deal, but it feels like everyone on the show knows (or should know).  And what would Oliver outted mean for next season?  I don't expect he will be part of LoA very long (or at least I hope note). So how does an outted Oliver come back to SC and function as the Arrow?  Or is he going to give it up when he returns?  And will we EVER get to see Oliver be both Oliver Queen and Green Arrow?  Ugh, I don't know - I just don't like this option.

I don't mean to say anything bad about Will Smith because he seems like a great guy, but I have wondered if the reason why Deadshot can't be on Arrow is because Will Smith is too big to play a character that someone else is currently playing and can be compared to?  If that is the case, they might let Arrow keep Waller and Argus but not suicide squad.