Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Double ugh. YOU TOLD HER YOU COULDN'T BE WITH HER, LIKE....deep breaths, deep breaths.

It's easier for me to understand Oliver's thinking through metaphors. Now this is going to sound like utter nonsense to you guys but it makes sense to me lmao.

Like the way Oliver feels about Felicity is sort of the way I felt about this Burberry scarf way back in November. I looked at it, fell in love with it, but I thought it was too expensive. Torn, I didn't really know what to do. I didn't want to let it go, but at the same time my brain was telling me that I should because what's the point? So I'm in the shop, holding the scarf and I just put it down, well, hid it because I didn't want anyone else to have it (at this point it tore me to pieces doing this. What? The scarf was amazing okay) and walked away. And even after I walked out of the store, I just couldn't stop thinking about that damn scarf. But then at one point, I caved to what I wanted, went back to the store and bought it. 

So to sum up. Oliver wants Felicity. He feels like he can't have her so he pushes her away but at the same time would loathe himself if Felicity were to be with someone else. This is why even though he did push her away, her choices are still affecting him. All he has to do now is take caution to the wind and just take initiative and friggin' fight for her. 

• Love 9

Ugh...so are they telling us that Felicity loves Ray too? Like actually loves him like she supposedly loves Oliver. Or is because Felicity is being reduced to being a cape chaser?  UGH!

Since that's Colton's interpretation, I'm not sure how much stock to put in those words vs. how it's going to play out on screen. But I don't think it's that she loves Ray or feels about him like she feels about Oliver, it's this weird rebound-without-calling-it-a-rebound thing the EPs are pushing with (like AK said the other day) Ray being the emotionally available (and let's be real, physically available, since Ray doesn't keep running off to do dumb shit like rescue Malcolm from Ra's and, you know, consider becoming Ra's) version of Oliver that she's settling for because she can't have the real thing.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I'm expecting something awful like Oliver saying 'If I'm Ra's, we can be together because I'll have minions!' And her saying 'Uh..I'm with Ray now.'

However I don't think the 'sleeping with' will factor in per say, I hope he just meant to say their current status as a couple. IIRC MG said on tumblr that it's none of Oliver's business.

However I don't think the 'sleeping with' will factor in per say, I hope he just meant to say their current status as a couple. IIRC MG said on tumblr that it's none of Oliver's business.

He did say that, and I hope he sticks to it. But then again, he's the one who said that Felicity sleeping with Ray would factor in. 

I'm wondering - what exactly does Oliver think is going on between Ray and Felicity? He saw them kissing, and when someone on Tumblr asked MG if Oliver thought Ray and Felicity were dating (or had feelings for each other, I can't remember), he replied with something like, "No, he just thinks Ray was cleaning something out of her teeth." So, yes. He did think that. In the Flash ep of the crossover, he seems to confirm it when he tells Barry he needs to let go of Iris and looks longingly over at Felicity. In 3x09 he tells her he loves her but keeps it relatively chaste with a kiss to the forehead. 

Then when he comes back Felicity tells him she fantasized about him doing things differently when he came back. "Things between us, you mean," was his reply, so...did he think she broke up with Ray, or? I guess I just don't get how her romantic status change with Ray factors in since it seems like he thought they were together already anyway? 

Edited by apinknightmare

Since that's Colton's interpretation, I'm not sure how much stock to put in those words vs. how it's going to play out on screen. But I don't think it's that she loves Ray or feels about him like she feels about Oliver, it's this weird rebound-without-calling-it-a-rebound thing the EPs are pushing with (like AK said the other day) Ray being the emotionally available (and let's be real, physically available, since Ray doesn't keep running off to do dumb shit like rescue Malcolm from Ra's and, you know, consider becoming Ra's) version of Oliver that she's settling for because she can't have the real thing.

I would think this to EXCEPT for the awful way the Lunge became an immediate full blown relationship . . . things never make sense on this show anymore.  

The only thing that sort of makes sense is that Oliver feels like no one REALLY needs him as OQ/Arrow anymore, everyone is able to survive on their own.

Which is dumb because they almost lost the city to Brick until he swooped in at the final hour.  This is one of those situations where it COULD be okay, but I'm sure its going to be awful because of how badly written everything has been so far. I really can't even guess the level of awful the whole thought process/discussions are going to be, esp. in regard to O/F.

Do we think Ray learns Oliver is the Arrow in 16? Is it possible that Ray gives Oliver a talking to that he puts Felicity in danger, and THAT possibly plays in?  THAT I could get behind (him thinking its better/safer/whatever for her if he's gone)

• Love 2

But I'm confused. Never mind Ray and Felicity sleeping together. What does Ray have anything to do with Oliver? Is Oliver saying "be with me" and making her choose? Like if she says yes to being with him, he'll ignore the offer? WHAT? Is Oliver confused about what he's been doing? Does he think he made Felicity the offer of being with him and she just needs to wait and give him time? Aaaaah. Yep. I'm back to not watching this ep at all.

My head hurts at even the thought of Felicity loving Ray. Since when bruh?

“She’s torn between him and Ray.” SIgh.  Felicity being conflicted over who to choose cheapens everything that happened between her and Oliver IMO. This is what I feared when Andrew said something similar and I'm still hoping this is not how it plays out in our screen. I won't appreciate them making it seem like Ray and Felicity have these deep feelings for each other and saying she's going to struggle to choose between a man she know for two and a half years and one she's 've known for a few months saddens me.

• Love 4

They've made a deal of other people learning about Oliver having sex a bunch of times before, and that being ~motivation. 3 times actually witnessing the sex: Tommy saw Oliver/Laurel, Slade saw Oliver/Shado, Felicity saw Oliver/Isabel; and one time not, but it also applies: Laurel saw Oliver/Sara.

Now they're gonna make Oliver aware of Felicity/Palmer. It's consistent with their writing.

Also, every time someone tries to tell me this is a grown up show, I laugh and laugh and laugh forever, because it's high school.

• Love 6

I suspect it's going to come down which she loves more.

The mission or the man.

Ray is "Mission: Save Starling City  as the ATOM". He's not compromising anything(yet)  by allying with a villain. She loves that about him. But does she really love Ray Palmer, the man, for who he is? Does she even know his heart? Does she care? Does Ray Palmer really love her? Does he really KNOW her heart?  I dunno.

Felicity theoretically loves Oliver Queen, the man, for who he is and who he's been but is that more than she has loved the Arrow and HIS "Mission: Save Starling City".  She knows Oliver's heart was in always in the right place even though he made choices she didn't agree with but he's compromising his beliefs to a degree she can't accept.

So does Felicity choose the man or the mission?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I'm wondering - what exactly does Oliver think is going on between Ray and Felicity?  

Right, it's full of contradictions. Honestly I don't even think they'll address this somehow. Maybe they'll have Oliver just assuming the door was still open. AK said he would start questioning letting her go, who knows how.

But I'm confused. Never mind Ray and Felicity sleeping together. What does Ray have anything to do with Oliver? Is Oliver saying "be with me" and making her choose? Like if she says yes to being with him, he'll ignore the offer? 

I bet he'll just be resigned to Felicity being with Ray, and never mention anything to her about it, much less give her an ultimatum. It'll just be some kind of "I'm not accomplishing anything as the Arrow, you guys don't need me. Felicity doesn't need me because she's got Ray now, guess I'll go eat worms-slash-become Ra's al Ghul."

• Love 4

I bet he'll just be resigned to Felicity being with Ray, and never mention anything to her about it, much less give her an ultimatum. It'll just be some kind of "I'm not accomplishing anything as the Arrow, you guys don't need me. Felicity doesn't need me because she's got Ray now, guess I'll go eat worms-slash-become Ra's al Ghul."

This is exactly the kind of nonsensical development that I was hoping that they'd avoid. In the middle of Oliver's major existential crisis, he's going to focus on Felicity's relationship with Ray to sway him one way or another as to whether he should become Ra's al ghul? Really? So what, had she not lunged at Ray, he would've said no?

This season is driving me insane, nobody's motivations make any sense. I love these characters (save LL. was on the fence with her before this season but the blatant propping has driven me right into dislike territory) and don't expect them to be perfect but is it asking too much for their actions not to be driven by pure plot reasons?

• Love 8

What if it's the opposite? What if her being with Ray makes him realize he's being an idiot, that chances are slim now but would be even slimmer if he accepts, and in the end he realizes there's no way in hell he could accept that offer, and decides to stay?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

What if it's the opposite? What if her being with Ray makes him realize he's being an idiot, that chances are slim now but would be even slimmer if he accepts, and in the end he realizes there's no way in hell he could accept that offer, and decides to stay?

From your keyboard to someone else's keyboard! Maybe they'll go this route, although I'm always cynical that they're going to go the way that causes the most issues and the most angst. 

If he does voice some issue about Felicity and regret that she's in a relationship with someone who isn't him, I hope someone says, "Uh, that could be you, ya dumbass. If you'd just stop being such a dumbass!" I would enjoy that.

(ETA: I know comments like these usually set off the same old same old Felicity should fight for Oliver too crap, but I just mean that Oliver needs to stop being a dumbass and get himself and his life in order. If he did that, he'd be on the right path towards being with Felicity, if that's what he wants)

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Considering Ra's is gonna unleash Hell on SC im betting this is what happens

Well I'd love this but they did say it wouldn't be cliché.  isn't the cliché 2 people fighting for the same love interest not one of them walking away? 

I don't even know if I'd be happy with that, I mean, I wish his decision-making process was on more of a "I'm a damn hero!" level, but if she has to be a factor, I hope she's a positive factor. She's his (not her:/) lobster, damn it! :) 

@Sunshine, I don't know, him being all noble and "as long as she's happy" seems pretty clichè, too. This whole triangle is a giant clichè! :D

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4

From your keyboard to someone else's keyboard! Maybe they'll go this route, although I'm always cynical that they're going to go the way that causes the most issues and the most angst. 

If he does voice some issue about Felicity and regret that she's in a relationship with someone who isn't him, I hope someone says, "Uh, that could be you, ya dumbass. If you'd just stop being such a dumbass!" I would enjoy that.

(ETA: I know comments like these usually set off the same old same old Felicity should fight for Oliver too crap, but I just mean that Oliver needs to stop being a dumbass and get himself and his life in order. If he did that, he'd be on the right path towards being with Felicity, if that's what he wants)

I wish this was what would happen, but it CAN'T because PLOT. He has to decide he's going to become Ras so that he can beat him, blah blah blah. . . probably whatever awful thing happens in 20 is the deciding factor. Maybe he refuses now but that pushes him, dunno.

Based on something MG said regarding Felicity finding out about the suit....Do you think it's possible she doesn't find out about the suit until Ray decides to take Arrow down?

What did he say about her finding out about the suit? Does she...does she somehow not know it works?

If Ray doesn't tell Felicity that the suit is functional until a later point in time he is officially on my shit list. Like, wow, you don't treat the woman who helped you make the god damn suit like that. It's bad enough he pushed her aside and went on a joy ride right after their first night together, but keeping it a secret? It's such a dick move. 

Hoping this isn't the case for Felicity's sake. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Are there any Batman issues named "AXXXXm"?

Funny you should ask. A quick search tells me that yes, "Requiem" is most definitely a Batman storyline/arc. Not "A Requiem" but just "Requiem." And it is about how Batman deals with the aftermath of his son, Damian's, death. The Lazarus Pit, Ra's al Ghul, and the concept of clones plus resurrection are also part of this storyline.

Considering that 3.20 is titled "The Fallen," is supposed to be very emotional, and someone's dying? Well, borrowing parts of the "Requiem" Batman storyline just might be the next step for 3.21. This could also play into/set up that spoiler for S4's villain being "Damian Dark."

• Love 1

If Ray doesn't tell Felicity that the suit is functional until a later point in time he is officially on my shit list. Like, wow, you don't treat the woman who helped you make the god damn suit like that. It's bad enough he pushed her aside and went on a joy ride right after their first night together, but keeping it a secret? It's such a dick move. 

Hoping this isn't the case for Felicity's sake. 

Same, like...what is she finding out about this suit? Surely not that it works. He had to have told her that it works? IF HE DIDN'T TELL HER THAT WORKS, I SWEAR TO GOD

What did he say about her finding out about the suit? Does she...does she somehow not know it works?

I can't remember exactly but a fan asked MG if Felicity was going to be unhappy that Ray took the suit out for a test run without involving her. He replied that we would see her finding out and that it would be---this is where it gets extra fuzzy---interesting? Funny? Hopefully someone with a better memory than me can fill in the blanks.

Based on something MG said regarding Felicity finding out about the suit....Do you think it's possible she doesn't find out about the suit until Ray decides to take Arrow down?

I got this impression from a few of the interviews too, that Ray doesn't tell Felicity about the suit working and instead Felicity accidentally finds out. What a guy.

• Love 2

That quote from CH, he means that it's worrisome for Felicity because she loves Oliver, right? But she's torn between him and Ray…Am I reading that right? Please tell me I am.

That quote from CH, he means that it's worrisome for Felicity because she loves Oliver, right? But she's torn between him and Ray…Am I reading that right? Please tell me I am.

Yes, I'm reading it as Oliver considering Ra's offer is worrisome to Felicity because she loves him. But she's torn between him and Ray romantically, probably because, like AK said, Ray is the emotionally available version of Oliver (arguable, but that's what the EPs are selling), who's just some kind of happy-go-lucky dude who isn't convinced he's going to die being a hero (cause poor Felicity still doesn't know that Oliver doesn't want that). 

Edited by apinknightmare

Even keeping in mind that "it's always darkest before the dawn"  I really don't think I'm going to enjoy 3.16-3.19. 

The problem is this entire season has been the "darkest." If they had eased into the darkest part, I might care more. As it is, unless I read something compelling during the episodes here, I'm out until 3.20. 

I'm pretty sure sleeping with Ray will be brought to Oliver's attention only because these are the lowest common denominator writers. They also woefully misunderstand how to write relationships. And I hate with the power of a thousand burning suns that Felicity will be torn between Ray and Oliver. Yeah, Oliver has a boatload of issues, but Ray is such a non-entity, it's not even a choice. Way to settle. I'd rather she pull a Kelly Taylor and choose herself.

• Love 7

I got this impression from a few of the interviews too, that Ray doesn't tell Felicity about the suit working and instead Felicity accidentally finds out. What a guy.

Yeah. I don't remember the exact quote but this is what the impression I had too, that she finds out accidently. MG said Ray would be in 3.16 but ATOM would not. This is why I was wondering if Felicity finds out when/after ATOM tries to stop ARROW in 3.17. It might be even more interesting if she finds out from Oliver and not Ray.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3

Yeah. I don't remember the exact quote but this is what the impression I had too, that she finds out accidently. MG said Ray would be in 3.16 but ATOM would not. This is why I was wondering if Felicity finds out when/after ATOM tries to stop ARROW.

What a guy! Hopefully that sets Felicity down the road of realizing that this dude isn't giving her what she thinks he is. 

• Love 3

What a guy! Hopefully that sets Felicity down the road of realizing that this dude isn't giving her what she thinks he is.

You mean he isn't this wonderful, amazing, open emotionally "thinks about me only when we're together" stud of a man? No!

...I apologise for that level of sarcasm. Ray being the perfect Oliver sets my teeth on edge.

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 5

Yes, I'm reading it as Oliver considering Ra's offer is worrisome to Felicity because she loves him. But she's torn between him and Ray romantically, probably because, like AK said, Ray is the emotionally available version of Oliver (arguable, but that's what the EPs are selling), who's just some kind of happy-go-lucky dude who isn't convinced he's going to die being a hero (cause poor Felicity still doesn't know that Oliver doesn't want that). 

Oh good. Thank you. At first read it wasn't as clear as it should be and then I was about to rant about how ridiculous it would be if Felicity was actually in love with Ray. You just saved everyone from reading that. Haha.

Yeah. I don't remember the exact quote but this is what the impression I had too, that she finds out accidently. MG said Ray would be in 3.16 but ATOM would not. This is why I was wondering if Felicity finds out when/after ATOM tries to stop ARROW in 3.17. It might be even more interesting if she finds out from Oliver and not Ray.

That could be their 'rough patch' that they're going through. Probably realizing that they don't communicate or really know anything of value about each other.

Oh good. Thank you. At first read it wasn't as clear as it should be and then I was about to rant about how ridiculous it would be if Felicity was actually in love with Ray. You just saved everyone from reading that. Haha.

Honestly though, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to sell Felicity loving Ray. But I didn't get that from CH's quote.

Honestly though, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to sell Felicity loving Ray. But I didn't get that from CH's quote.

It wouldn't surprise me either but that is just too awful to contemplate. I don't understand how she could ever have really deep feelings for Ray when she has feelings for Oliver still. Sleeping with someone and trying to move on is one thing but actually being in love would taint the relationship she's built with Oliver (IMO) - one that took over two years. I just don't buy it, even if they're selling, especially because that is not what I've seen on screen. At all.

But I'm still confused. I feel like I'm being very blind here.

Felicity loves Oliver. She's worried he'll take Ra's offer. Cool got it.

Why is Ray factoring in here?

Because she's just started a relationship with Ray and she's made an effort to move on from Oliver and his dangling maybes. I guess? 

I don't think the mention of Ray has anything to do with how Felicity feels about Ra's offer to Oliver. She loves Oliver, she doesn't want him to take it. CH was probably just throwing that out there since in the show, she's torn between Ray and Oliver, romantically, I guess.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about how Felicity being with Ray affects Oliver's decision. Maybe it's because it affects his decision it will give Felicity all the more incentive to talk him out of it. To give him that big "you're not done fighting"-esque speech we got last season. 

@Sunshine, I don't know, him being all noble and "as long as she's happy" seems pretty clichè, too. This whole triangle is a giant clichè! :D

From the latest tidbit dropped at eonline's spoiler chat, it sounds like this is exactly what's going to happen. Oliver finds out about Raylicity and it's another reason for him to take Ra's offer because he thinks she's better off without him.
  • Love 1

she's torn between Ray and Oliver, romantically, I guess.

She's torn between what's easy/attainable and what's difficult/possibly unattainable. The fact that she's still torn shows that she has deeper feelings for Oliver and is having trouble letting that go because if she had equal feelings for both men, it would probably be easier for her to kick Oliver to the curb. In the end, she doesn't want what's easy, it's just there for her taking. 

• Love 6

Oh you mean it's a separate issue?

Well I wonder. Oliver stops dangling maybes but she's still torn because she loves him?

It's a comment from Colton, so I'm not exactly how "official" any of that is. But he said that both Diggle and Felicity take the news that Oliver's considering Ra's offer very hard, because they think his answer would of course be no, but it isn't. He's considering it. So she's upset about that because she loves Oliver and, I assume, doesn't think he should become the next Ra's. 

I don't think the "torn between Oliver and Ray" has comment has anything to do with anything regarding Oliver's consideration of the offer. Normally I'd think that was an implication that Oliver would give her some kind of "if we could be together, then maybe I wouldn't accept," but given SA's comment in the E spoiler chat about Oliver being upset and disappointed to find out that Felicity and Ray are together, but that he really does want Felicity to be happy and if Ray gives her, then "fantastic," I think Oliver's just going to be dejected about it and not do anything about fighting for her right away.

• Love 1

From the latest tidbit dropped at eonline's spoiler chat, it sounds like this is exactly what's going to happen. Oliver finds out about Raylicity and it's another reason for him to take Ra's offer because he thinks she's better off without him.

That's my lesson. Never try to think happy thoughts about this show. :/

Ugh, could this be anymore cliché? I remember a time when Arrow used to surprise me sometimes. Not anymore!

Felicity sleeping with Ray factoring into Oliver's decision is so UGH.  Most of the posters at TV Line seem to feel the same way, whether they like Olicity or not.. The Olicity mess has been a giant turn-off this season.

The worst of cliched writing.

Even if FS rejects him, moves on, never tells him how she feels, never realizes how she feels - I still feel that OQ is so in love with her that he would do just about anything she asked of him. If my memory is still good, I do not believe he has once gone against a direct request from her. She's just never asked him to do/not do something in a very long time. Her last request was to stop dangling maybes and he did that.

I disagree, I think that Oliver has never done anything that Felicity's asked of him, or at least nothing that's she's found out about.  (Going after Thea was affected by Felicity walking out.)  He didn't stop dangling maybes after she asked him to stop in 3x01, he continued in 3x05 and 3x09, and a bit when he returned and hugged her in 3x12.

I think Felicity won't ask because she'll expect him to turn her down again.

Ugh, could this be anymore cliché? I remember a time when Arrow used to surprise me sometimes. Not anymore!

And yet, MG keeps saying we'll be surprised by Oliver's decision. Someone should send him the Inigo Montoya "I do not think it means what you think it means" meme.
  • Love 4

Simple because the need him to, there's a spin-off you know and the whole point of this ridiculous arc is to launch him as a 'hero'. In fact this whole season has been about shoe-horning newbie heroes into places they don't belong because comics!

Honestly, MG worded the whole Felicity sleeping with Ray thing and how it will affect Oliver's decision so poorly. 

I honestly hope it's not like that. I hope that his decision is based solely on the fact that he's been isolated. Felicity has someone else. Thea has Roy. Digg has his family. Laurel is off in her own world. He doesn't seem to be needed. It has nothing to do with Felicity sleeping with Ray and everything to do with the fact that he probably feels like she doesn't need or want him anymore.

Jfc MG is such a failure at interviews sometimes. 

• Love 3
(edited)

From a  link I posted in the spoiler thread

All year long we've been teasing what comic book fans know as the Lazarus Pit. We'll learn a lot more about that in 316," Guggenheim tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Though Arrow started off as a grounded in the real world, the introduction of The Flash (Grant Gustin) showed superpowers exist in this universe. Wednesday's episode opens doors in very much the same way, says Guggenheim.

See more Behind the Scenes of the CW's 'Arrow'

"The world of magic fits pretty well into the world of Arrow," said Guggenheim. "We've already seen superpowers on the show. Once you've seen super powers, the occult and magic — that actually fits better in Arrow than superpowers."

I'm wondering how full blown into magic they're going to go?  Obviously Lazarus Pits and Magic Healing Herbs, will we see actual magic/spells...what about demons (do they have demons in DC?)

Edited by Morrigan2575