Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That's what I thought too. Otherwise, what was the purpuse of the whole "identity crisis" this season if he ends up behind where he was at the start of it?

Or maybe he just doesn't give a shit and will consider Laurel collateral damage because he's so pissed about her lying to him. Now, why Quentin wouldn't question a guy he knows is good all of a sudden doing shitty things, I don't know. Maybe the team is able to appeal to his sensibilities somehow and manage to get him to call off the dogs at some point before the end of the season?

Please, please, please, please.  They're always talking about there being consequences to Laurel keeping the truth from Quentin but all I've seen is that Quentin is the one really hurt by it because he's lost Dinah, he's lost Sara twice and now he's lost his trust in Laurel and his ability to lean on her emotional support.  All she's lost is that her father isn't taking her calls, she's still got everything else including her new BFFs in the cave.

I can see Malcolm sacrificing Roy for Oliver, even though it would hurt Thea, but now that Ra's has offered the position to Oliver (I still can't get my head around how stupid that is), is Malcolm still partnering with Oliver?

I can see Malcolm sacrificing Roy for Oliver, even though it would hurt Thea, but now that Ra's has offered the position to Oliver (I still can't get my head around how stupid that is), is Malcolm still partnering with Oliver?

Well, Malcolm says in the preview that there's a prophecy that the man who doesn't perish by the blade of Ra's al Ghul will become Ra's al Ghul or something, so it seems like maybe it's not so much of an offer and more like he's "destined" to succeed Ra's because he managed to live. So I don't think Malcolm would break off the deal out of jealousy or anything, and if Oliver turns Ra's down then I think he'd still need Malcolm's help, so why not stick together I guess?

Yeah, if Oliver takes up Ra's offer, he'll need Malcolm to help him learn the ropes because he has no clue about the League or customs or fighting, and Nyssa certainly won't be volunteering to help him get adjusted.  (Crap, this is such a stupid storyline. It must have been written by 11 year old boys.)

But John Barrowman did say something on the panel about being jealous of Ra's making the offer to Oliver.

Speculation over on Flash is that Laurel is visiting Central City to get her canary cry.  I really hope not because that would take away even more from Oliver as the Arrow if not only does she get her suit after 3 months of boxing, but she gets the Canary Cry and is more useful than he is.

So would Laurel get the Canary Cry because she is inadvertently infused with it in some way during an accident at Star Labs? Or because she's all here, take this chirpy thing and embed it into my voice box? I mean otherwise, WTH?

Edited by catrox14

Why would Oliver need Malcolm to show him the ropes? Wouldn't Ra's do it? I don't think he'd be all, "you want to take my place? Cool!" and then, like, ride off into the sunset.

That Laurel business is confusing to me, but who knows until we see it. I guess she could go to CC to visit her mom and something happens? I'm resigned to her getting a canary cry at some point.

Edited by apinknightmare

I don't think Laurel's going to The Flash. I think for whatever reason they included a clip from when Cisco and Joe come over to Starling City in The Flash trailer and that confused everyone, but since Matt Mitovich edited his article, I think someone probably clarified it for him.

I'm not saying Cisco won't make her an upgraded Canary Cry device, but I don't think she's getting the real Canary Cry any time soon.

Maybe Cisco is going to make her a new device, and that's why they have him fanboying over her a little bit? Now that he knows who she is, he can get the device to her.

Although if she does whisper that to him in an interrogation room, god. What an idiot.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Honestly if they give her the Canary Cry now it will just piss people off because it'll seem like everything has been 'given' to her, like she didn't have to work to achieve superhero-dom. I honestly wish I didn't have to endure her transformation on Arrow, but I'd rather her work to become a fighter than be given the easy way out... Plus the Canary Cry doesn't suit Arrow. I don't mind meta humans once in a while because it's not beyond the realm of possibilities to think that everyone who was affected by the particle accelerator would probably migrate to Starling at some point (they're not prisoners in CC, well at least not the ones Barry has caught)... But having a meta human permanently stay on the show would ruin the tone for me. 

• Love 3

So Felicity gets her nemesis..on Flash. Don't like that at all. 

We shouldn't get her story on the spinoff..that show has enough characters to deal with (plus her crossing over three times in one season is ridiculous)

• Love 3

It's been 18 hours since the panel, so I could be remembering this wrong, but the way Stephen talked about this sounded like he's more introspective and defeated temporarily, but the introspection is the impetus for him to finally get his head out of his ass. Was that anyone else's understanding? I remember feeling relieved that it sounded like sad-sack Oliver's days are numbered.

This is good news :)

So about this Shado thing. I'm having a lot of conflicted feelings about this. Because I want Sara back and I don't much care how they do it, so it feels hypocritical to complain about Shado getting the same treatment (especially since I liked Shado). But.....if she's really alive and Oliver knew it last year (since that looked like a flashback), that puts last season's arc In a weird place.

Until we know more, I'm going to go with some sort of dream or hallucination.

• Love 1

It's so cute how EBR comes up, offers him a jellybean, then puts it in the microphone because he's talking and he takes it from there.  Looking at the clips of them from yesterday, I think one of the reasons the Oliver/Felicity chemistry works is because SA and EBR work so well together.  Unselfishly.

Felicity gets all her best development on The Flash because AK is a better writer and he cares about the character. MG is too busy putting time into Laurel, Ray, MM and Ra's, none of which I care about at this point in the season because they've all been so badly done.

Why would Oliver need Malcolm to show him the ropes? Wouldn't Ra's do it? I don't think he'd be all, "you want to take my place? Cool!" and then, like, ride off into the sunset..

Ra's doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be a good teacher, not as good even as Yao Fei who wanted Oliver to learn in order to survive, or Slade who found it amusing to teach and torment "the kid".

More than anything, Ra's strikes me as stupid.  Why would you put someone who isn't that good a fighter, isn't that good a leader, and really doesn't want to do it, next in line for your job?  Because of a prophecy?    If that's the case, wouldn't he have prepared Nyssa for that eventuality?  She would have to have found out somehow.  Was he afraid that she would fight him for the job?  (Are we ripping off Greek mythology with Cronos and Zeus now?)

He doesn't seem the type to teach Oliver how to take over the job, just throw him in headfirst because of prophecy.

Honestly if they give her the Canary Cry now it will just piss people off because it'll seem like everything has been 'given' to her, like she didn't have to work to achieve superhero-dom. [snip]... But having a meta human permanently stay on the show would ruin the tone for me. 

I agree that having a meta human permanently on Arrow would ruin the whole point of Oliver trying and learning and becoming a better person.  I don't think it will be a meta ability though, more like some tech Cisco cooks up for her because he sees Sara's device and decides to improve on it.

As for pissing off fans, I don't think they care any more. Did  you see how many people came to the Paley?  With that kind of response, they ignore any criticisms or complains.

• Love 7

SA tends to favor the more emotional scenes, so I can see them having a deep, honest conversation. Given his track record, I think I trust him that there is a reason to like the scene. Hopefully, Felicity and Ray will be done by them. 

• Love 3

His favorite scene of the season AND his favorite Oliver and Felicity scene? Such a tease. 

So the interviewer did ask his favorite scene and favorite Oliver and Felicity scene. Good, that's what I thought I heard but the second question was kinda garbled. And yeah, what the heck is happening on that jet?!?!

• Love 1

As for pissing off fans, I don't think they care any more. Did  you see how many people came to the Paley?  With that kind of response, they ignore any criticisms or complains.

I didn't notice, were there not a lot of people there?

I cannot remember it but has SA had another favorite O/F moment this season? I simply forgot because they have so many favorite scenes and epic game changers and so on and so forth. What could be so great about that scene? If he likes it, it might be more emotional. Hopefully a different kind of emotional than 3x12

I cannot remember it but has SA had another favorite O/F moment this season?

SA said that the Olicity scene in 3x09 was the "greatest Olicity scene ever" and I think he also mentioned liking the date scene in 3x01.

• Love 3

Thea finding out about Oliver was a thing of beauty though. It's one of my most favorite and most satisfying scenes along with the date and the you're not done fighting scene. Also other scenes I find satisfying are the D/F scenes, Team Arrow scenes, and the Bitch with Wifi Scene

• Love 3

He said 3x09 was probably the "greatest Olicity scene ever" but I didn't get the impression it was one of his favorites. He mentioned 3x01 as one of his favorites a couple times. It annoys me a little when reporters don't tack on 'so far.' 'Favorite' is hard to put on any scene of an on-going show. Pet Peeve.

I'm more curious about the scene in 3x20, because he implied it was his favorite scene to film this season. I assume they didn't film much in a jet so I think its a safe bet he is talking about the same scene.

• Love 1

It feels like  SA favourite scene or episode is always the one just coming up.

It's close enough to the finale that it could be a scene like "the three of us started this; it's time we got back to that" e.g. Oliver and Felicity finally talking about what they're really thinking and feeling.  And then that could carry on through the last episodes and the 3.5 comics until 4x01, when they break up again.

Edited by statsgirl

If they're in a jet, they're either going to or coming from Nanda Parbat, right? I wonder if it's an extra clue that someone is getting Lazarus Pitted in 320.

Everyone but Colton was in those pictures in what looked like a hangar... where they keep the jet?

Also, 320 is right about the time Oliver and Felicity have to start talking to each other again if they want to move their romance storyarc along during May Sweeps. Which I'm pretty sure they do.

• Love 2

If it is to Nanda Parbat, then maybe it's Roy getting LP'd and Oliver and Felicity are talking about the whole R'as thing (at last!) on the plane there.  I think it's less likely to be on the way back after Felicity's been LP'd because that would be kind of schmoopy and SA tends not to like those.

(edited)

With AJK's comment about CL and the spinoff becoming clear in the spring and confirmation of LP being used. I have to go with Sara being resurrected in 321-322.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Oh, I missed that AK comment. They can't really get away with LPing someone in 320 and then LPing Sara as well, can they? And sure, they'd save Sara for May Sweeps.

So I don't know what everyone ever is doing going to NP. Maybe Oliver accepts the LoA offer, only if he can bring all of his friends? Or are they all fugitives post-319?

That's an interesting question. We never saw BR in those pictures so it's possible Ray didn't go with them, same for QL.

So if 320 (partially) and 321-323 take place in NP does that mean QL/Ray are back in Starling in the B or C plot?

3.5 comics -- Oliver teaches the LoA not to kill while Felicity brings them into the 21st century technically and Thea perfects her fighting skills.  Where is Diggle?  Being Oliver's lieutenant, or saving Starling City with the Black Canary?

So the characters missing from the behind the scenes pictures in 3.20 were: Ray, Laurel (although KC did post a pic from set, I wonder why no one took a pic of her, maybe Laurel is injured?), Quentin and Roy.

Maybe Laurel and Ray stay behind in Starling City while Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea and Malcolm go to Nanda Parbat?

This is by far, my favorite comment about Oliver vs Ray. I laughed a silly amount. And this really needs to happen.

Sadly, I think the writers actually do think Ray is likeable. They didn't think he is/was a stalker. They love BR himself and he's their Phony Stark, unless their grand plan is to make the Atom a villain in the spinoff, which I can't imagine.

But he would be so great as a villain... but dont think it'll happen sadly.

Seriously though after hearing these spoilers - my new take on rp is that he is sincerely trying to steal the show. He already stole the company & the girl. So of course he would try to steal the top vigilante spot. Or maybe his ego is so big that he doesnt need to respect those that came before. I mean he even tried to change the name. Im truly left wondering who the hell he thinks he is? I just want him to be done his conquest & leave.

The spoilers for the show are starting to spoil my appetite to watch the show...

• Love 2

Well, resurrecting a months-old corpse via the Lazarus Pits definitely falls under the whole "Arrow will never be the same again after this season", the response Andrew Kreisberg gave at PaleyFest. I really want this show to stay away from resurrections. Dead means dead. You made the decision, live with it. I was actually glad that they went with Tatsu's medical skills and herbs with Oliver (even though yes it was ridiculous because it was a sword through the gut).

Although if the speculation is true and Felicity does indeed bite the dust, I'd want her in the Lazarus Pit ASAP! Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Well, Malcolm says in the preview that there's a prophecy that the man who doesn't perish by the blade of Ra's al Ghul will become Ra's al Ghul or something, so it seems like maybe it's not so much of an offer and more like he's "destined" to succeed Ra's because he managed to live. So I don't think Malcolm would break off the deal out of jealousy or anything, and if Oliver turns Ra's down then I think he'd still need Malcolm's help, so why not stick together I guess?

So did that mean then that Nyssa was always gonna have to fight her father? That either he was gonna have to kill her or she was gonna have to kill him? That just seems little twisted & sad, esp. considering Nyssa was so proud to call herself Heir to the Demon. Unless that title just meant she was his daughter and had no bearing on line of succession. Ill admit Im a little intrigued by the customs & traditions of the LoA. I wish they had spent some time educating the audience about that instead of some of the other stupid stuff they focused on.

Maybe she was always intended to be the next in line and would have been if Oliver hadn't lived? It's not every day someone gets run through and then kicked off a cliff and then lives to tell the tale, so maybe the prophecy just threw a wrench into Ra's plans. Or something.

They probably don't want to educate the audience on too much of anything because they it's more difficult to adapt as they go along and decide they want to change things - they can only retcon so much.

Edited by apinknightmare

I can see LP being used for Sara, but I just cant see it being possible for Shado unless it was done in flashbacks. Dead should be dead. But if you want to say a LP has some mystical magical powers to bring people back from the dead, I think it is stretching it too far to bring people back after years of being in the ground... it just leaves the door far to open to bring anyone back at anytime, which is just bullshit. I think there should limits on how long you can be dead & have the pit still have an affect on you. If they throw Sara in now it will be less than a year, so at least I could be convinced with proper writing that it might work. Also she was only shot in the chest with arrows so the damage is not as bad as being shot point blank in the head with a gun. The damage to repair would not be different.

Personally, I believe Shado will be hallucination or flashback. Perhaps something twin or clone. But there is no way I will believe that she is miraculously raised from the Dead. If that is the case then I want Moira & Tommy back. Sara's resurrection I bet will be connected to the alpha/omega virus. Perhaps thats what she was working on when she was in town. I can't imagine she was just there looking for MM.

Edited by kismet

It feels like  SA favourite scene or episode is always the one just coming up.

I think he's even said he doesn't have much distance so whatever they're currently doing is his favorite. Fair enough, but I then wish he'd stop answering best ever/favorite scenes because we're not getting a real answer. 

Well, resurrecting a months-old corpse via the Lazarus Pits definitely falls under the whole "Arrow will never be the same again after this season", the response Andrew Kreisberg gave at PaleyFest. I really want this show to stay away from resurrections. Dead means dead. You made the decision, live with it. I was actually glad that they went with Tatsu's medical skills and herbs with Oliver (even though yes it was ridiculous because it was a sword through the gut).

Although if the speculation is true and Felicity does indeed bite the dust, I'd want her in the Lazarus Pit ASAP! Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

I wish they'd used the LP on Oliver, honestly. If we're going to introduce the LP, I think it would be more interesting to use it on your main character and explore the fallout. It has a bigger impact to me. 

Unless it's Felicity - then I agree. I'll join you on Hypocrisy Island.

I'm guessing this will all end with Nyssa defeating her father and taking over the LOA. Oliver would be a terrible choice for reasons already discussed. It keeps the LOA in play with a well-received character who can come back for guest spots but allows the story to move forward. Wait - so yeah, that probably means Oliver will take over and we'll have Arrow: Nanda Parbat. The arrow in the title credits will be replaced by a sword. 

• Love 3