Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Anyone else counting the episodes he is in to figure out when he leaves?

Episodes in/Confirmed: 3x01 / 3x02 / 3x03 / 3x05 / 3x07 / 3x09 / 3x10 / 3x11 / 3x18 

Am I missing any? According to MG, he is 18. So we should have 9 left on Arrow. Or 8 if the Flash counts.

• Love 3

Episodes in/Confirmed: 3x01 / 3x02 / 3x03 / 3x05 / 3x07 / 3x09 / 3x10 / 3x11 / 3x18 

Am I missing any? According to MG, he is 18. So we should have 9 left on Arrow. Or 8 if the Flash counts.

317, he's at Dig and Lyla's wedding.

• Love 1

317, he's at Dig and Lyla's wedding.

Thanks! I mixed up 17 & 18.

Though I am wondering if he is going to be in 18. I don't think Felicity is going to be hurt because Mama Smoak's only scenes are with Felicity and if Felicity was hurt there is no way Mama Smoak wouldn't run into anyone at the hospital.

We know the scenes are present day, but do we know if they are in Starling City?

I don't think there's gonna be a reunion between Oliver and the others before he shows up at the big fight. First because in one of the trailers, Laurel goes "Oliver?" when she sees him in the street. And second, because MG posted this on Tumblr:

stardustmemoirs asked:

In 3x12 when Oliver returns to Starling to help out Team Arrow fight against Brick and his people, how did Oliver get his Arrow suit in the foundry without Felicity knowing? Or did he visit her first before saving the city?

Felicity was in the van. That’s why we put her there. Clever, right?

So they made sure Felicity wasn't in the foundry when Oliver goes there. "Clever" remains to be seen, but eight ball points to no. Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

I bet he's in 312 313 314 at least and probably some of the final episodes I'm sure

Normally I'd say that they are the kind of people who fall in love with the actor and have them stick around for longer than necessary but Caity Lotz only got that treatment one season long and then they discarded her in the most unpleasant way possible (frankly it always seemed like she would die to make room for Laurel but it still was horrible) but then again maybe they didn't plan out 3B as much when they hired him and once they saw that they needed him for more they made a deal for more episodes.

Didn't BR say that the ATOM suit is very tight?  Maybe he was joking but I thought he was being honest. (It seems to be  his destiny to end up in tight suits) Are they going to introduce the suit itself on Arrow or on the Flash? Because if they let him have his powers on Arrow than they really have no excuse to not go for the whole meta-human stuff and all the rest. 

Maybe he won't be in the flashback episode but I am sure he will be around 'til the end of the season. (3x22 or 3x23) 

Can we have a Ray-is-leaving count down?

Don't jinx it. ;-) :-)  

Edited by Belinea
(edited)

I bet he's in 312 313 314 at least and probably some of the final episodes I'm sure

They just said he's not in 312...there's a tweet on the previous page.

He's also been upped from 16 to 18 unless MG is totally bad at numbers and got confused.

Pic of "Felicity" in Hong Kong

B8yBBc8IIAERPGR.png

Edited by Morrigan2575

BR confirmed not in 3.12 and I'm hoping he is not in the Flashback heavy 3.14, no space with CD & MB in it.

I could not be less interested in seeing Ray become the ATOM and this is not because I don't like him as a romantic partner for Felicity. I just don't care. Nothing I've seen makes me think 'YES! I can't wait to see his suit!' If anything, he's just taking away valuable screen time from the characters I love. They've dropped the ball there.

I'm still trying to figure out why Felicity would be 'mad as hell' in 312. If she's mad that she found out Oliver was still alive on TV, what was he supposed to do? Hunt her down while The Glades is in chaos and say 'Hey you, I'm back, I love you but I gotta go save the city again.' I don't see the problem with him going straight to battle. By the looks of it, he has no choice. 

I'm hoping it's something else and I hope her reaction is warranted. I don't want to have to fanwank any of her emotions like I have been.

Yeah the mad as hell is bafflng seeing as it seems like she's the one shutting things down romantically. I swear if Oliver aligns with Merlyn...I'll shrug it off as "here we go again". Seriously I'm watching Arrow through YouTube and tumblr nowadays anyway.

I could not be less interested in seeing Ray become the ATOM and this is not because I don't like him as a romantic partner for Felicity. I just don't care. Nothing I've seen makes me think 'YES! I can't wait to see his suit!' If anything, he's just taking away valuable screen time from the characters I love. They've dropped the ball there.

I'm still trying to figure out why Felicity would be 'mad as hell' in 312. If she's mad that she found out Oliver was still alive on TV, what was he supposed to do? Hunt her down while The Glades is in chaos and say 'Hey you, I'm back, I love you but I gotta go save the city again.' I don't see the problem with him going straight to battle. By the looks of it, he has no choice. 

I think she will happy to see him out in the fray, especially if Team Arrow-lite are getting their asses kicked. I think she will be "Mad as hell" when she realises Oliver is really injured and was so close to death but he went out anyway.

Felicity has used the word Suicide referring to vigilantism twice since Oliver "died".

• Love 1

I'm thinking there are going to be two different fights, like a previous poster said. MG said that Felicity is in the van when he gets his suit, but in the promo when Felicity is watching the news of Brick being taken away, she's in the foundry. I'm thinking there is the first fight where they first see him and we see Olicity reunion with the hug like MG said and then something happens to towards the end of the episode that causes to piss Felicity off and have her shut things down with Oliver. I'm thinking either he teams up with Merlyn and she's pissed because he's the one responsible for almost dying, or she's mad that he goes off so soon after almost getting killed. Maybe he doesn't tell her how bad the injury was from Ra's? and because she's scared of him getting hurt and dying or him being on a suicide mission, she ends things?

• Love 3

Brandon said he isnt in 3x12.

Okay well that's awesome that's he not on for Oliver's return

BR confirmed not in 3.12 and I'm hoping he is not in the Flashback heavy 3.14, no space with CD & MB in it.

I hope to God he's not in 314 that's the Episode where a scene featuring Felicity "Will Break the internet" I'd much rather see Oliver and Felicity bump into each other in the flashback then possible Ray/Felicity hooking up

I'm thinking there are going to be two different fights, like a previous poster said. MG said that Felicity is in the van when he gets his suit, but in the promo when Felicity is watching the news of Brick being taken away, she's in the foundry. I'm thinking there is the first fight where they first see him and we see Olicity reunion with the hug like MG said and then something happens to towards the end of the episode that causes to piss Felicity off and have her shut things down with Oliver. I'm thinking either he teams up with Merlyn and she's pissed because he's the one responsible for almost dying, or she's mad that he goes off so soon after almost getting killed. Maybe he doesn't tell her how bad the injury was from Ra's? and because she's scared of him getting hurt and dying or him being on a suicide mission, she ends things?

The more I think about it one of these two scenarios has to be it. MG also said it's emotional and heartbreaking. We could get Felicity confessing her love but getting really pissed cause she Loves him but can't stand to him die again

Laurel and Roy sound completely pathetic with the "You have failed this city."  Is this a metastatement for the new team?  Also, way to SWM/SWF Oliver's fight for your own. Get your own crusade and logo, guys.

While I can accommodate some changes, I just can't with Team Arrow being a democracy.  Some people should get more vote than others, and twits who have just joined because they put on their sisters' clothes should have minimal vote.

MG ranked the 3x12 scene a 10. So does that mean its like a 6?

…..Or does this heartbreaking scene include sex?

I asked him on twitter if since 3x09 was a '9', if 3x12 is a '10' does that mean there's sex?  No one's surprise, he didn't answer.

I really hope Oliver and Felicity fight over Merlyn helping, and that Felicity is on the "no, never going to happen" side.  But if they do fight about a wounded Oliver going back into battle, hopefully that means she won't be hooking up with Ray because to go from being mad that Oliver is fighting to helping Ray fight and then date him would make her the biggest hypocrite ever.  Not that this show wouldn't do that to make Laurel look better but I hope it doesn't.

So if Felicity basically got over Oliver's death in a week, does that not just highlight even more starkly that this storyline was forced into the show just to try and make Laurel and Ray happen? It was never about Felicity or Diggle and their emotional connection to Oliver Queen. It was never even about Oliver Queen himself. It seems pretty egregious and such terrible writing, that they resort to this stuff. But I do find it morbidly amusing that everyone needs to die to further Laurel's story. Tommy, Sara and now even Oliver himself. Not to mention Quentin, whose heart will apparently burst from his chest and bounce around on the floor the second he finds out Sara is dead.

Who do I need to kill to keep any more good characters dying to prop Laurel.  I wonder if there is a wall of pictures in the production office, one side those who have already died, next side those who are targeted next.

Yes, it's all about making Laurel happen.  And there are enough people who are happy with the Black Canary finally showing up that the EPs will be high fiving each other for it.

From MG's AssignmentX interview:

One, if you planned to have the show evolve into a "true ensemble" from the beginning, why call the show Arrow?

Two, if you're going to make a big deal about Oliver's soul and what it means to be someone who kills somebody, then why did you gloss over the fact that Laurel killed someone last year and showed no regret for doing so?

Finally, if you don't want violence for the sake of violence, then why have Laurel/BC beat up Brick's henchman with a staff and say "I'm the justice that you can't run from"?  I assume she didn't kill him, but still she beats him up and then lets him go?  She's not bringing him in for trial or collecting evidence to ensure a conviction.  She's administering violent punishment and calling it justice.

It seems like Laurel is the special snowflake of the show (like 13 was on House) and all the rules for other characters go flying out the door for her.

It's not going to be a true ensemble because already Laurel has more story time than Diggle much less Roy.   And they'll never address everything that is wrong about Laurel because they'd have to get rid of the character.  For her, killing is character growth. We'll be lucky if we get any retribution for fooling Quentin.

I don't object to an ensemble show, there's plenty of them that I've loved, like Farscape and ER.  I object to so much time spent on Laurel and Ray.

• Love 4

Am I understanding that they can't beat Brick without Oliver's help? And then they're going to tell him things are different now, deal with it? Oh boy. 

I, too, am confused as to why Felicity would be pissed at Oliver. Unless, he comes back, she's happy, he's happy, she's all let's do this, and then he's like, lol, no. I'm trying to figure out what circumstance would cause her to throw that "A woman" line in his face, and I've got nothing. 

At this point, TPTB have utterly failed in getting me interested in the ATOM and I am a superhero whore. Well, that's not entirely true, I am interested in seeing how he interacts with The Flash folks. I want to see if he'd be a better fit over there and if the Crazy Eyes are in effect when he meets Team Flash. 

• Love 5

Actually, I'm holding out hope for someone on Flash, preferably Barry, to address Felicity's relationship with Ray (if it becomes romantic) and compare it to the one she had with Oliver.

I want this to become a turning point for her, the moment she realizes that Ray is the logical choice, but that her heart is not in it. Too bad it could happen on Flash, not Arrow, but I'll take whatever I can at this point.

And knowing that Felicity's conversation with Mama Smoak may address her feelings... I'm hoping for some revelations.

On a different note - Sin's too smart for this show.

• Love 13

Am I understanding that they can't beat Brick without Oliver's help? And then they're going to tell him things are different now, deal with it? Oh boy. 

I, too, am confused as to why Felicity would be pissed at Oliver. Unless, he comes back, she's happy, he's happy, she's all let's do this, and then he's like, lol, no. I'm trying to figure out what circumstance would cause her to throw that "A woman" line in his face, and I've got nothing. 

At this point, TPTB have utterly failed in getting me interested in the ATOM and I am a superhero whore. Well, that's not entirely true, I am interested in seeing how he interacts with The Flash folks. I want to see if he'd be a better fit over there and if the Crazy Eyes are in effect when he meets Team Flash. 

I still wonder if there is an element of deception/hiding of facts somehow.

As in, Oliver goes and tries to stop Merlyn, and then appears to the team LATER.

THE ONLY REASON I can legit see Felicity being MAD AS HELL is if he's been not dead and in Starling for more than a couple hours.  IE, he was just hanging around to make himself known.  Then again, I'm going off pre 3x11 Felicity, which apparently may not be a wise thing to do.

I've said it before, but the "**A** woman" really makes me think the conversation is going to revolve around Oliver not wanting Laurel to be a vigilante.  Because its stupid and ridiculous and that's absolutely what everything has been lately, so of course that's what they will do.  

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it went hug -> sex -> then mad as hell.

Also having Felicity sleep with Oliver before getting into a relationship with Ray, could potentially appease a lot of Olicity fans.

Yeah we would be happy they had sexy times but we would want them to stay together

Actually, I'm holding out hope for someone on Flash, preferably Barry, to address Felicity's relationship with Ray (if it becomes romantic) and compare it to the one she had with Oliver.

I want this to become a turning point for her, the moment she realizes that Ray is the logical choice, but that her heart is not in it. Too bad it could happen on Flash, not Arrow, but I'll take whatever I can at this point.

And knowing that Felicity's conversation with Mama Smoak may address her feelings... I'm hoping for some revelations.

On a different note - Sin's too smart for this show.

Yeah I'm hoping Barry or Calitin talks to her especially after that horrendous "Ray is Barry with Oliver's body" Ray is not the logical choice! Maybe Barry tells her about how Oliver said guys like them never get the girl

I just watched the Asia promo again.  After Laurel and Roy do the "You have failed this city" line, they run at the other side like a giant game of Red Rover or a football scrum, and then Brick's men rush at them, and meanwhile Brick is standing at the back, safe and in control.  It's hilarious.

• Love 4

Okay, so I ama just throwing this out there, probably wayyyyyyy off base. But is there any chance that Guggie is en force on tumblr to throw people off the scent of an olicity lunge? Bc when/if it happens, this is how I would keep it from being spoiled. Make people expect nothing.

Plus Oliver hasn't had sex in what, 9-10 months??

Don't ask me where this came from. I expect my peccimisim to return tomorrow.

• Love 2

Okay, so I ama just throwing this out there, probably wayyyyyyy off base. But is there any chance that Guggie is en force on tumblr to throw people off the scent of an olicity lunge? Bc when/if it happens, this is how I would keep it from being spoiled. Make people expect nothing.

Some of us on this board was wondering if we could get Olicity Sex followed by the MAD AS HELL.cause it would Upset Oliciters cause they STILL aren't together and MG says it's a 10 on the heartbreak scale,plus how he would have to stay off Social media for a while

Plus factor in "I don't want to be a woman you love"

When MG tweeted that Felicity would hug Oliver, someone should've asked with which part of her body.

• Love 2

I haven't actually watched any promos this week or looked at any promo pics but Laurel and Roy actually say "You've failed this city!?" Omg no. Just no. 

Also, count me as one of the Olicity fans who doesn't want sex before they get together properly. I'm sure my eyes would eat that up but then I'll be all 'Oh, well shit' after it goes to hell. So no thanks. I'll wait. Hopefully.

I'm actually preparing myself for an "I love you but..." kind of scenario happening, or something close. Tables will be turned and we will see how Oliver likes it. (He doesn't.)

Edited by Guest

I've thought about this too. I think there's a 99% chance that it goes badly for Oliver/Felicity (just like MG said it would), but there's always a 1% chance MG is trolling us all big time.

Although, if we look at SA's two lies and a truth:

1. Felicity tells Oliver to leave her alone romantically - (nothing to refute this in the promos)

2. Brick beats up Merlyn - (in one of the promos we see Merlyn pointing a gun at Brick, so I'm guessing Merlyn wins that one)

3. Oliver doesn't make it back to Starling - (we've already seen Oliver in Starling in the promos)

So that leaves Felicity tells Oliver to leave her alone romantically as the truth (seemingly)

Edited by drspaceman10

I think a lot of us don't want to believe SA would spoil a development for Olicity like that but it looks like the truth I just can't wrap around why Felicity would tell him that and what makes it so heartbreaking I hope they are tears involved if it's so Emotional

• Love 1

I think a lot of us don't want to believe SA would spoil a development for Olicity like that but it looks like the truth I just can't wrap around why Felicity would tell him that and what makes it so heartbreaking I hope they are tears involved if it's so Emotional

I think the sad truth is probably that both SA and MG have been deliberately dropping broad hints to let the more vocal fans get some of the vitriol out of their systems ahead of time.  Instead of inundating twitter and tumblr and Facebook with WTF and why, why, why, the collective feeling won't be shock and surprise but of resigned disappointment.  They will still get feed back, but dropping these smaller bombs will mitigate the massive explosion. 

That said, you have no idea how relieved I am that BR is not in 3.12.  I don't actually dislike him but just the tiniest chance that we could go from "I don't want to be a woman you love"  with Oliver to ANYTHING with Felicity and Ray was more than I could handle.  I figure they'll save that blow for 3.14 when they break the internet. 

• Love 9

I still fear the worse but I'm trying to be positive today and think maybe MG was speaking "literally" and at the end of the episode, Felicity confesses her feelings or maybe something is starting to happen between them, and Oliver literally fall asleep and then she gets "mad as hell" or she finds something while he is asleep.

I think the sad truth is probably that both SA and MG have been deliberately dropping broad hints to let the more vocal fans get some of the vitriol out of their systems ahead of time.  Instead of inundating twitter and tumblr and Facebook with WTF and why, why, why, the collective feeling won't be shock and surprise but of resigned disappointment.  They will still get feed back, but dropping these smaller bombs will mitigate the massive explosion. 

That said, you have no idea how relieved I am that BR is not in 3.12.  I don't actually dislike him but just the tiniest chance that we could go from "I don't want to be a woman you love"  with Oliver to ANYTHING with Felicity and Ray was more than I could handle.  I figure they'll save that blow for 3.14 when they break the internet.

You're probably right about them trying to ease the blow a little bit. I REALLY REALLY hope this "Break the Internet" moment doesn't involve Ray. I'm hoping it's Oliver and Felicity interacted when he was "Dead" for five years in the flashbacks in 314. Thought of Felicity/Ray Making out or Worse makes me ill cause there are already people prepared to call her nasty names when her and Ollie have not been together yet

I still fear the worse but I'm trying to be positive today and think maybe MG was speaking "literally" and at the end of the episode, Felicity confesses her feelings or maybe something is starting to happen between them, and Oliver literally fall asleep and then she gets "mad as hell" or she finds something while he is asleep.

OMG I never thought of Oliver falling asleep after something happening between them and it pisses her off. That would piss people off if Oliver started falling asleep when he and Felicity started hooking up. MG would get hate lol

Posted a bunch of quotes from a MG interview at Spoilers Only.

[Thanks Assignment X for mentioning Chloe Sullivan, and getting picked up by my Google Alert, EL OH EL.]

Anyone wanna take a spin at what is this huge radical left-turn the show is making in 315? Oliver joins the LoA and Team Arrow becomes Team Arsenal & Canary? Someone comes back from the dead?

"Worried" doesn't even begin to cover it, Guggie.

• Love 4

Posted a bunch of quotes from a MG interview at Spoilers Only.

[Thanks Assignment X for mentioning Chloe Sullivan, and getting picked up by my Google Alert, EL OH EL.]

Anyone wanna take a spin at what is this huge radical left-turn the show is making in 315? Oliver joins the LoA and Team Arrow becomes Team Arsenal & Canary? Someone comes back from the dead?

"Worried" doesn't even begin to cover it, Guggie.

I have no clue. Oliver did say in 3x09 he didn't know if he was still a killer or not, even though I was pretty sure he did know that, so Mr. No Kill probably would join a league of assassins, yeah.

• Love 1

After reading Part 2 of that AssignmentX interview with MG, it sounds like key elements I liked about the show (Felicity, original Team Arrow) happened by accident.  Maybe that's why the EPs haven't given Felicity her own story and why the show has moved away from the original Team Arrow so quickly.  This also increases my conviction that they're going to try to move away from the Oliver/Felicity romance as quickly as they can (esp. given MG's "we sorta chart our own course" comment), since that wasn't part of their original plan.

As for the "hard left turn" in 315 comment, I think it has to do with the LOA and MG's previous comment about the show turning into a "true ensemble show".

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

After reading Part 2 of that AssignmentX interview with MG, it sounds like key elements I liked about the show (Felicity, original Team Arrow) happened by accident.  Maybe that's why the EPs haven't given Felicity her own story and why the show has moved away from the original Team Arrow so quickly.  This also increases my conviction that they're going to try to move away from the Oliver/Felicity romance as quickly as they can (esp. given MG's "we sorta chart our own course" comment), since that wasn't part of their original plan.

As for the "hard left turn" in 315 comment, I think it has to do with the LOA and MG's previous comment about the show turning into a "true ensemble show".

So they destroy everything that made the show a hit in the first place(Oliver/Diggle/Felicity TA and Olicity)? Yeah that's real smart! NEWS FLASH MG Ray Sucks so does Laurel if you are destroying everything people loved about the first two seasons hope your ratings tank.

• Love 2

After reading Part 2 of that AssignmentX interview with MG, it sounds like key elements I liked about the show (Felicity, original Team Arrow) happened by accident. Maybe that's why the EPs haven't given Felicity her own story and why the show has moved away from the original Team Arrow so quickly. This also increases my conviction that they're going to try to move away from the Oliver/Felicity romance as quickly as they can (esp. given MG's "we sorta chart our own course" comment), since that wasn't part of their original plan.

If they are moving away from Olicity then I need them to give Felicity a viable (and believable) love interest, who is not Palmer.

Edited by Chiny11
  • Love 1

I don't know why he said the same people who wrote the O/F scene in The Climb wrote the O/F scene in Uprisings. The first was written by Coburn and Shimizu, and the latter by Schwartz and Sullivan. Unless I'm missing something on how writing scripts works?

ETA: Or I need to stop taking him literally and he meant "the same writing team" LOL

Edited by looptab

The increased use of "we chart our own course" quote by Mr MG in his recent interviews is a tad bit concerning to me.

I thought the "we chart our own course" was his response to assertions that they plan story arcs and ships based on fan reactions/to cater to fans. I don't think it's any indication that they're moving away from Olicity.

• Love 4

Oh my god the stupidity of not having Oliver and Felicity together it burns!! Red hot chemistry, the pairing is one of the reasons the show is popular. Why drive fans away from the show? And Oliver/Laurel have NONE. I'm too tired to get into other reasons UGH

I know we always say that MG always misses the mark when trying to gauge fan reaction to upcoming scenes. However has he ever made the kind of comment he is currently making for 3x14? (ie fans will be mad and he'll have to be off Twitter for a while?).

I don't believe he has made such a comment before. And in this scenario I think whatever happens in 3x14 is really bad for Olicity. My opinion of course. :(

Edited by Chiny11